Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,913 members, 7,828,193 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:43 AM

Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister (34359 Views)

Nigerian Begs Richard Quest For $500 (Photo) / Richard Quest Defends Lai Mohammed's Jollof Rice Comment (pic) / Okechukwu Enelamah To Be Buhari's Finance Minister - TheNewsNigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by heilige(m): 9:15am On Jan 22, 2016
Why do you guys report this propaganda. By now you should know the Ngozi`s employers sponsored the CNN report.
She is now reaping the good she did to dem with a new job.
Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by neocortex: 9:17am On Jan 22, 2016
TRUTHTOPOWER:
I don't expect a better assessment from colonial racists. anyone doing their colonial bidding was good. So was Mobutu Seseseko!

The same colonial racist Buhari is running to for help ?
Zombies!
Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by demarc001: 9:19am On Jan 22, 2016
Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by ezechyke: 9:21am On Jan 22, 2016
She was definitely the best qualified, but she acquiesced in the many infractions of the past government that has culminated in our present predicament. This is unacceptable, sadly making her one of the worst.
Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by Mariecakes(f): 9:24am On Jan 22, 2016
It is very obvious
Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by sinistermind(m): 9:28am On Jan 22, 2016
ugnmezi:

My Happiness z dat all three are proudly 5%. So any of dem can make us proud. As it stand for d first time I am fast forgeting d name of our current finance minister.

You are even talking about the name, i'm even wondering if there's a ministry of finance.

2 Likes

Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by chiedu7: 9:31am On Jan 22, 2016
No wonder they hate to see Igbo people leave Nigeria.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by Elly1(m): 9:31am On Jan 22, 2016
Nigerians re awear of it already, although politics is taking its course
Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by sam90s(m): 9:40am On Jan 22, 2016
Flets:
That goes without saying. All economic indices pointing upwards took a downward turn the minute she left.

The zombies believe the confused Kemi Adeosun is better but that is the case in their airheads

Nigeria needs NOI at this time more than ever. No matter how much we argue, we have no economic direction at the moment and currently headed for doom.

Illiteracy seem to be our biggest problem otherwise the zombies amongst us cannot be hailing mediocrity in the face of an economic disaster.

It's funny the zombies have been programmed to blame crude oil prices for our economic woes while there are a million things that could be done to resuscitate our economy.

Can someone tell me in clear terms this govt's efforts at economy diversification.

Why would you need someone to tell you government policies 'in clear terms' when the finance minister has release press statement in that regard which, of course, it is a matter of public knowledge, so why would you need to find out from 'illitrates'?
The current minister can't be included yet among those that were compared with NOI for obvious reasons, also, how come this so called inexperienced minister will be the one to propose such BASIC policies that is meant to plug leakages among other things.
Foreign observers' words must not be taken as the the Quaran, from Europe to Asia to the Americas, nationalist policies are frawn upon by foreign corporations, since they are the highest source of revenue for highly industrialised nation's due to their masive profit margins, believe it or not, it is to their detriment if you develop local capacity for industries so don't expect them to sit idle or cheer you on. They don't mind when our treasury is being looted right under NOI's nose, she didn't break a sweat when money went missing knowing the destination, You noticed how she ordered an audit of NNPC after the former CBN governor alleged $20B was missing and yet somehow, the department responsible for dodgy crude oil sale was exempted from the audit, we're just finding out now?

1 Like

Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by Wallade(m): 9:40am On Jan 22, 2016
chiedu7:
No wonder they hate to see Igbo people leave Nigeria.

You can leave when you get a generally acceptable referendum and the govt accept to let you go.
Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by Nobody: 9:40am On Jan 22, 2016
Like your neighbour telling you that your wife is nice! You will be force to ask in what aspect?!

1 Like

Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by Nobody: 9:45am On Jan 22, 2016
Nonsense!! Firstly,the best finance minister in Nigeria's history was Awolowo under Gowon, Quest just shows his ignorance about Nigeria. Secondly, Okonjo had 2 distinct tenures, under OBJ she was a very good finance minister, under GEJ she was a monumental disaster

with all the monumental fraud that went on during her tenure, the depletion of our reserves,the failure to diversify and plan for the future
he must be smoking some really good weed to call her the best finance minister, her second term when she had a free reign has damaged whatever she did well under Obasanjo! OBJ himself said that NOI needs to be supervised, so one wonders how much of her 1st spell is to her credit because when she had free reign she screwed up big time.

1 Like

Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by dignity33: 9:58am On Jan 22, 2016
That is fact but why yoruba hate igbo so much even more than Housa people, i have discover that the problem of igbo's in Nigeria are yoruba but they are secreatly inciting housa people against Igbos because they are afraid of igbo people?

2 Likes

Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by ogasnow: 10:02am On Jan 22, 2016
Flyoruboy:
His opinion. But I doubt most Nigerians would agree coz under her watch an unprecedented scale of financial fraud and massive looting was perpetrated against the country. Even her own kinsman, Soludo, would disagree.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/176257-soludo-holds-fire-but-insists-n30-trillion-plus-aus-n8-6trillion-missing-under-okonjo-iweala.html

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/176097-soludo-replies-okonjo-iweala-accuses-her-of-forging-national-economics-statistics.html

https://www.naij.com/398365-5-truths-okonjo-iweala-doesnt-want-nigerians-to-ever-find-out.html

http://www.thescoopng.com/summary-10-accusations-soludo-made-okonjo-iweala/

Well said.

In the couple of years she was Minister, Nigeria witnessed gained much forex a la higher oil prices followed by a depletion of foreign reserves and a worsened national debt profile. Not much to show for infrastructure, pitifiul statistics on employment accentuated by the most shameless and scatterbrained economic strategies, entrenching the carcass economy where vultures fed fat via crass opportunism. Exactly why we called them clueless.

At the time of the last elections, after about 6 years as finance minister, Nigeria was tottering on the edge. Imagine! Well we're a nation of millions...and we removed her and her principal at the polls, as we will again to anybody should the need arise.

Richard Quest might be privy to some information which we Nigerians are not aware of. Perhaps even what happened to all our stolen dollars since it is the currency of his country like former president Jonathan said.

But Gerrarahia mehn and don't furrking tell us nonsense mate!!!

2 Likes

Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by dignity33: 10:04am On Jan 22, 2016
People seem to forget Obasanjo regime, the Gana must go bag in National Assembly, all finger are point at Gej, Gej are list corrupt regime Nigeria has ever had. Take it or leave it
Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by datribune: 10:06am On Jan 22, 2016
Why is Richard Quest in a haste. He should wait till after d conclusion of d probes of d most massive looting of our treasury in history. I'll be surprised if she & d other 4 "Presidents" escape jail.

Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by SIRTee15: 10:13am On Jan 22, 2016
naijaboy756:
if na we talk am una go say na wailer. The obvious was restated by Quest/CNN... It is simply the truth...

truth indeed..........
since CNN cannot correctly identify Nigeria on a global map, we can safely assume whatever they say about us is rubbish

1 Like

Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by Nobody: 10:18am On Jan 22, 2016
jaybee3:
Richard quest should stick to his travel guide show on CNN abegi

Reality on ground suggests she was a monumental failure

No, Adeosun is.
Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by Nobody: 10:20am On Jan 22, 2016
Ioannes:

ehya lover of lucifer. I wasn't surprised at your stance after I saw your moniker. are you gonna school me now on micro and macro economy?

you are dense enough to compare the performance of a finance minister of just 6 months when crude oil in global market has dropped to an alarming rate of $36/barrel with a finance minister who spent 6years as the coordinating minister of the economy when the crude sold for $120/barrel.

you must be a natural failure to support one that is so glaring.

oh BTW, budget drafting isn't done by the finance minister. there is something they call budget office, where the budget is prepared. try and get some education will you.

I think you are naive or something...You want to tell an illiterate like me that budget is prepared without consulting the office of the FM...Let me not waste my time i've a lot on my table

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by Biafrarep(m): 10:23am On Jan 22, 2016
Ioannes:
I laugh in French. oyinbo man dey im country dey preach for us, some mumu jobless youths here dey hail am.

if she was the best why are you still jobless after her 6years as coordinating minister of the economy.(read prime minister) ?
The joke is on you! CNN have got ivy league trained economists in their payroll, before you appear to discussion on economic matters, they will make sure you are well grounded! Global oil prices began to fall under her tenure as finance minister but we never felt the impact even during the global economic meltdown because she put in place buffers that protected us, since Kemi arrived everything dipped south! God will continue to bless NOI & shame haters, when kemi succeeds in sinking the economy due to her naivity, it is you & I that will suffer the repercussions & not NOI, I hope to be out of this cesspit of a country when everything collapses!!
Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by SIRTee15: 10:23am On Jan 22, 2016
To those who think Richard Quest is their standard for the truth.......
They can as well swallow this..........

Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by bladeAnders(m): 10:24am On Jan 22, 2016
I smell something

Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by Myself2(m): 10:35am On Jan 22, 2016
Flets:
That goes without saying. All economic indices pointing upwards took a downward turn the minute she left.

The zombies believe the confused Kemi Adeosun is better but that is the case in their airheads

Nigeria needs NOI at this time more than ever. No matter how much we argue, we have no economic direction at the moment and currently headed for doom.

Illiteracy seem to be our biggest problem otherwise the zombies amongst us cannot be hailing mediocrity in the face of an economic disaster.

It's funny the zombies have been programmed to blame crude oil prices for our economic woes while there are a million things that could be done to resuscitate our economy.

Can someone tell me in clear terms this govt's efforts at economy diversification.

[size=18pt]May God give all the zombies sense,especially the ones here on nairaland.

In other news,Ngozi Okonjo Iweala has been the best finance minister Nigeria ever had as all her policies were hits back to back,so if zombies want the praise from Richard Quest,they should come and take it
[/size]
Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by Biafrarep(m): 10:39am On Jan 22, 2016
dignity33:
People seem to forget Obasanjo regime, the Gana must go bag in National Assembly, all finger are point at Gej, Gej are list corrupt regime Nigeria has ever had. Take it or leave it
You forget that this country is a cesspit, GEJ is a saint when compared to OBJ, despite the fact that during OBJ regime there was no FOI yet we heard of Ghana must go bags exchanging hands on daily basis expecially during senate presidency impeachments & third term struggle yet nobody is mentioning him & his Yoruba people in their usual clannish propaganda are cursing GEJ while OBJ is walking freely, I only blame the stvpid ones from SS&SE that are supporting them. I even forgot the harliburton bribery scandal. Nigeria is a cursed country as one, divided we stand & united we fall !!!

2 Likes

Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by adahgold(m): 10:40am On Jan 22, 2016
Pidggin:
Zombies no go laik dis news at all grin

I dey tell you sis.

2 Likes

Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by ashjay001(m): 10:41am On Jan 22, 2016
Flets:

Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by adahgold(m): 10:41am On Jan 22, 2016
funkyibodude:
Watch how APC zombies would come in here and claim that Richard Quest was bribed by some PDP elements to make that statement grin

hahahahahhaahaah abi ooo
Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by Ofeakwu(m): 10:43am On Jan 22, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
Kikikiki..best in milking Nigeria dry......

One of the zombies spotted!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by Appareil(m): 10:43am On Jan 22, 2016
WITH MY HANDS LIFTED HIGH, I WILL PRAISE YOU O LORD. THANK YOU RICHARD QUEST!
Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by Myself2(m): 10:51am On Jan 22, 2016
Kemi Adeosun is a little girl,highly UN-qualified to be Nigeria's finance minister

Obviously NOI's shoes are too big for Kemi's tiny,malformed financial feet.

In years past,once the budget is presented to the NASS,NOI (or the finance minister) will go to the NASS within two days to give a breakdown of the budget and explain how the figures were arrived at,but not this clueless,unfit Kemi Adeosun,she is obviously at sixes and sevens per the modus operandi of budget preparation,defence and implementation.

No thanks to the Zombies
Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by Nobody: 10:52am On Jan 22, 2016
sinistermind:

You are even talking about the name, i'm even wondering if there's a ministry of finance.

Hahaha. It is dat bad ooooo Jare.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Osinbajo Joins Presidential Race, Meets 12 APC Governors - PUNCH / FG Orders Reopening of Obajana Cement Factory / Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.