Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:43 AM

Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) (34340 Views)

Aregbesola Visits Ooni Ogunwusi, Squats In His Palace. See Photos / Emir Of Ibi Gave Melaye Fish At His Palace (Photos) / Buhari's Meeting With The Presidents Of Chad, Niger, Cameroon, Benin In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) by RICHIEBOI1(m): 12:10am On Jul 03, 2012
Waiting patiently! here is a photo of jonathan waiting for the Oba of benin. when the Oba snubbed the PDP delegates on saturday 30th june..in the photo you see jonathan and vice president namadi sambo waiting for the Oba of benin at the Oba's Palace. grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) by Osama10(m): 1:18pm On Jul 03, 2012
Looking so funny.

4 Likes

Re: Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) by geepawps(m): 6:10pm On Jul 03, 2012
LOL....This one is funny o. Anybody is an oga in his own domain.

3 Likes

Re: Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) by jumobi1(m): 6:25pm On Jul 03, 2012
The picture looks very undemocratic.
Re: Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) by Mandelaguy(m): 6:34pm On Jul 03, 2012
Why una de try dis akin ting wey no go work? The Oba has said he didn't snub the president.

1 Like

Re: Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) by Alxmyr(m): 6:53pm On Jul 03, 2012
If this is true, Mr. President earn my respect for this.
For a man whose singular word can change the entire Benin kingdom or whatever remain of it,
to have humbled himself to the extent of sitting for a king, this is an epitome of humility.
I don't know if this picture is true, but if it is, I am very humbled by this.
THIS IS HUMILITY AT ITS PEAK.

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) by oiseworld: 6:56pm On Jul 03, 2012
oba sir, with all due respect you were WRONG ! !
Edo people already know who they will be voting for.

You shouldn't have shawned our president sir.

9 Likes

Re: Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jul 03, 2012
It serves pdp murdrerz ryt,em 4 snub am sef.afta thev tried 2 kil oshomole and evn kild hs boy.wckd people.
Re: Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) by tyson55(m): 7:12pm On Jul 03, 2012
Alxmyr: If this is true, Mr. President earn my respect for this.
For a man whose singular word can change the entire Benin kingdom or whatever remain of it,
to have humbled himself to the extent of sitting for a king, this is an epitome of humility.

Seconded!

5 Likes

Re: Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) by NwaNimo1(m): 7:23pm On Jul 03, 2012
GEJ, GEJ, GEJ . . . . Oyibo de watch ohh!!

2 Likes

Re: Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jul 03, 2012
^^^What do you mean by that facepalm rubbish? The Oba of Benin is a monarch of high integrity. The Benin Kingdom is world renowned and pre-dates the birth of your puny village by a thousand years!

4 Likes

Re: Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) by scopusng(m): 9:12pm On Jul 03, 2012
Oba may you rule forever. u3much
Re: Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) by Alxmyr(m): 11:19pm On Jul 03, 2012
scopusng: Oba may you rule forever. u3much
There is nothing 3 much there.
Except for the fact that the Oba may be very sick and the chief are giving the Oba the 'Umar Musa Yar'Adua/Turai treatment',
otherwise, it is unconventional to treat a visitor to your house that way. That is why most reasonable traditional rulers don't allow the palace to meddle with politics. The palace should be seen to be friend of everybody. That Aihavbare is contesting does not make him less Edo man.

10 Likes

Re: Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) by dayokanu(m): 11:22pm On Jul 03, 2012
Thank you Omo NOba Erediauwa for putting the clueless clown Retardeen Jonathan in his place.

On top say retardeen wear beads and dressed up for the occasion. What a m0r0n
Re: Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) by RICHIEBOI1(m): 11:31pm On Jul 03, 2012
Alxmyr: If this is true, Mr. President earn my respect for this.

well said.
Re: Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) by Chinom(m): 11:49pm On Jul 03, 2012
If the snub really happened, then the Oba is the real di*ckhead here. This cannot happen in the US or Europe. A vindictive OBJ would deal with this Oba squarely without him knowing where the blow came from. Thank God we have GEJ. He is the MAN here, not the pathetic Oba. That is,if the snub actually happened. Who publicised this picture anyway ?.

4 Likes

Re: Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) by 190: 11:50pm On Jul 03, 2012
I like GEJ for this cheesy
Re: Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) by Nobody: 11:53pm On Jul 03, 2012
Damn, but the Oba didn't show up, right?
Re: Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) by brownlord: 11:56pm On Jul 03, 2012
Alxmyr:
There is nothing 3 much there.
Except for the fact that the Oba may be very sick and the chief are giving the Oba the 'Umar Musa Yar'Adua/Turai treatment',
otherwise, it is unconventional to treat a visitor to your house that way. That is why most reasonable traditional rulers don't allow the palace to meddle with politics. The palace should be seen to be friend of everybody. That Aihavbare is contesting does not make him less Edo man.

Mumu man, i dont know if you had followed up the two previous post on this same topic, i just wonder why they keep bringing up this issue, it was a bad timing for the president, as the period he visited the king was performing a rite of which do not permit him to see anyone, regardless upon receiving the news that the president was around, he therefore suspend what he was doing and call the president to his inner palace why other PDP executives where ask to vacate the palace...

The President was thereafter asked to proceed alone to the inner chambers to see the Oba while others, including the PDP Candidate, Maj-Gen Charles Aihiavbere (rtd), were asked to vacate the palace hall.

http://247ureports.com/oba-shuns-airhiavbere-as-president-visits/

Olodo, read only headline and start posting rubbusg

3 Likes

Re: Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) by brownlord: 11:57pm On Jul 03, 2012
brownlord:

Mumu man, i dont know if you had followed up the two previous post on this same topic, i just wonder why they keep bringing up this issue, it was a bad timing for the president, as the period he visited the king was performing a rite of which do not permit him to see anyone, regardless upon receiving the news that the president was around, he therefore suspend what he was doing and call the president to his inner palace why other PDP executives where ask to vacate the palace...

The President was thereafter asked to proceed alone to the inner chambers to see the Oba while others, including the PDP Candidate, Maj-Gen Charles Aihiavbere (rtd), were asked to vacate the palace hall.

Olodo, read only headline and start posting rubbusg

1 Like

Re: Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) by brownlord: 12:00am On Jul 04, 2012
Chinom: If the snub really happened, then the Oba is the real di*ckhead hear. This cannot happen in the US or Europe. A vindictive OBJ would deal with this Oba squarely without him knowing where the blow came from. Thank God we have GEJ. He is the MAN here, not the pathetic Oba. That is,if the snub actually happened. Who publicised this picture anyway ?.

although after reading your post, i got to find out at the end that you can be sensible even if you where foolish at the begining

Re: Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) by Clerverly: 12:06am On Jul 04, 2012
I Love this Oba die. I hope my hungry Igbo chiefs can learn from this Oba!!
See as the Mumu sit down like inwi grin
Go and sort out the NEPA and Boko Haram Wahala retardeen.

5 Likes

Re: Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) by Eltonluigi(m): 12:07am On Jul 04, 2012
Why is this faggit sittin' there like he's the Oba's wife or somethin'?
Re: Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) by Rhino5dm: 12:17am On Jul 04, 2012
Retardeen and Sambo? Waiting for OBA of benin? . . .kai this must be very low.
Re: Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) by Theblessed(f): 12:17am On Jul 04, 2012
[size=16pt]Well for some, it looks funny and for sensitive others, it's disgraceful/pitiful!

Actually, it was the Oba that disrespected himself, really.

Nigerian politics did not start with Jonathan and won't end with him either as future Head of State had actually, drawn from this incident. By acting this way, the Oba only showed his immaturity and lack of diplomacy as a leader and I query his ability to lead his people.

From this attitude, he'd be so lucky to get more Presidential respect/visits in the future especially, from future Presidents. He'd be so lucky if they ever ring his 'BELL' in life again because, respect they say, is reciprocal or let me simply say, give and take/receive!
[/size]

7 Likes

Re: Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) by manny4life(m): 12:31am On Jul 04, 2012
I give GEJ my respect for this, unless I'm in an interview, a choice I cannot change; in authority, I DO NOT WAIT ON PEOPLE, and vice versa, they say respect is mutual and reciprocal. If I were GEJ shoes, upon arrival at the palace and the Oba is not seated, or even present, it means the Oba could not give him the deference as a sitting president, I will gently and respectfully turn back around and leave.
Re: Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) by Detongue: 12:38am On Jul 04, 2012
Dis is humility. A man dat is well brought up is not difficult to know. I give it GEJ

4 Likes

Re: Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) by PhysicsQED(m): 12:38am On Jul 04, 2012
The fact that some moderators on this forum would draw attention to a distorted/slanted story by putting it on the front page, after already doing so once before with that "Oba Of Bini Refused GEJ In His Palace" thread, is disappointing.

I know this site is just about revenue and not accuracy, so I won't bother about the ridiculous claim/story itself. I'll just note that you guys already put the same thing up on the front page a day or two ago and this whole issue has been thrashed out before.

In fact, this thread should have been closed by OAMJ or another mod since it is definitely a repeat of an existing thread. But instead it gets on the front page so that more goats can bleat over a non-issue.

3 Likes

Re: Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) by Tedyk(m): 12:40am On Jul 04, 2012
Mandelaguy: Why una de try dis akin ting wey no go work? The Oba has said he didn't snub the president.
abi ooo
Re: Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) by brownlord: 12:41am On Jul 04, 2012
Theblessed: [size=16pt]Well for some, it looks funny and for sensitive others, it's disgraceful/pitiful!

Actually, it was the Oba that disrespected himself, really.

Nigerian politics did not start with Jonathan and won't end with him either as future Head of State had actually, drawn from this incident. By acting this way, the Oba only showed his immaturity and lack of diplomacy as a leader and I query is ability to lead his people.

From this attitude, he'd be so lucky to get more Presidential respect/visits in the future especially, from future Presidents. He'd be so lucky if they ever ring his 'BELL' in life again because, respect they say, is reciprocal or let me simply say, give and take/receive!
[/size]

1. Do you go visit uninvited or without notice?, i guess no
2. Are there no PDP chieftains in Edo state/ benin that should be aware that something was going on in the palace and prevent the king from seeing anyone, are they not aware, dont they have binis among them including the PDP aspirant?
3. Was the king aware if the president was coming on a visit?
4. Did he actually snub the president?

2 Likes

Re: Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) by erniok(m): 12:49am On Jul 04, 2012
Thanks brownlord for that link as some pple are hell-bent on making caricature of the presidency.
Re: Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) by HighChief4(m): 12:56am On Jul 04, 2012
The Oba goofed bigtime, no matter what he shouldn't have snubbed them. Thou I doubt the veracity of this news, but we should all put our differences aside and see that the Oba just disrespected the number 1 and 2 citizens of Federal Republic of Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fact-Check: No Taliban Flag Was Hoisted In NEMA's Office / President Tinubu Meets TUC, NLC Leaders / Court Bars IGP From Arresting Oba Elegushi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.