Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,204 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:02 AM

EFCC's Fight Against Corruption Is A Mere Ritual Of 'Window-Dressing' - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC's Fight Against Corruption Is A Mere Ritual Of 'Window-Dressing' (2090 Views)

Neither Senate Nor DSS Can Stop My Fight Against Corruption — Magu / The Story Of How Nigeria’s Topflight Lawyers Frustrated Efcc’s Fight Against Gra / This Picture Says A Lot About Buhari's Fight Against Corruption (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC's Fight Against Corruption Is A Mere Ritual Of 'Window-Dressing' by Rapmoney(m): 10:59pm On Jan 21, 2016
The Cambridge Dictionary defines 'Window Dressing' as the ​skill of ​decorating ​shop ​windows and ​arranging ​goods in them so that they ​look ​attractive to ​people going past. An English thesaurus defines it as "things that are of no ​real ​importance and are said or done in ​order to make an ​attractive ​effect".

The above truly describes what this present administration and its 'bulldog', the EFCC have been doing lately. If this government and its agencies were serious with the fight against corruption in Nigeria, they would have been doing that with sincerity and unbiased commitment! It seems what we see today is nothing but window dressing which has its own political ritual!!! This ritual comes with the idea of 'fighting' corruption with 'all commitment' as hyped by the media and other agencies.

How does it sound when you tell someone that the EFCC is fighting corruption by hand-picking persons who have been sniffed or perceived as enemies? I am not against corrupt politicians been tried and jailed if found guilty by a competent court of the land but not when such 'trials' are done on the foundation of personal sentiments and partisanship! Before the start of this administration, there were pending cases of corruption hanging on the shoulders and necks of some political figures in this country but they were quickly and mysteriously swept under the carpet. There is no need to mention names so that it doesn't look as if we are calling out 'list of noise-makers' in the classroom wink...but there was a case against a politician in Bayelsa State still wearing 'Resource Control Attire' and still relevant in the present government that claims to fight corruption.

In recent weeks or should I say months, the EFCC has been suffocating us with constant news of their once again, 'commited fight' against corruption. This is a ploy to distract many Nigerians, especially, the youths who should, by now, be calling on the ruling party to lay tangible things on ground as propagated by their election manifesto! This is the same reason why I sometimes, feel dismayed when I see news headlines such as: 'Youths In Rivers State Buried PDP Casket' or 'Youths in Okpella Burn APC Coffin'. By this time, we should be asking the government for sustainable development and the government should be occupied with creating a better governance for the greatest number of people rather this ritualistic window dressing that Mr Magu and his godfathers are doing! It is a distractive technique...people who have the ability not to forget things easily already know this; many Nigerians are very quick to forget things easily. Mr Magu, as a stunt to warm up the engines of the window dressing ritual, has gone to Wole Soyinka for a 'discussion on how to fight corruption'!!! In this case, Soyinka is just like a brand; being used to sell window-dressed goods! If Soyinka were to be an 'ally' of another party or pro PDP, would he be consulted for this so-called 'fight against corruption?'

Many political office-holders from the ruling party are fiercely chanting 'Probe! Probe!! Probe!!!' Which is a normal distractive technique; they are as corrupt as the ones that are found on the other side so they should stop all the window dressing and face what they have been elected for...we want socio-economic amenities, not empty 'bravado' that will lead to nothing for the common man on the street but only beneficial to these same people who are warming up to enrich themselves like their predecessors!

Before you criticize me, I am not a member or supporter of any political party in Nigeria; I am just a socio-political analyst and a citizen of Nigeria by birth with the right to express myself cool

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EFCC's Fight Against Corruption Is A Mere Ritual Of 'Window-Dressing' by 14teenK: 11:09pm On Jan 21, 2016
Legit write up...tho it still won't change anything

2 Likes

Re: EFCC's Fight Against Corruption Is A Mere Ritual Of 'Window-Dressing' by Rapmoney(m): 11:12pm On Jan 21, 2016
14teenK:
Legit write up...tho it still won't change anything
Yes, because we live in a society with parochial political culture where many are not aware of their entitlements!

2 Likes

Re: EFCC's Fight Against Corruption Is A Mere Ritual Of 'Window-Dressing' by Nobody: 11:16pm On Jan 21, 2016
@op get ready for probe
the APC idiots will come for your head any moment from now
anyways, like someone already pointed out here, this post is HYPER LEGIT IN SHORT
over legit dey worry am

8 Likes

Re: EFCC's Fight Against Corruption Is A Mere Ritual Of 'Window-Dressing' by poshestmina(f): 11:18pm On Jan 21, 2016
I tell you bro
Monopoly of fight against corruption.

If truly Buhari is fighting corruption, why is Amaechi,Tinubu,Danjuma, Obasanjo all free?
Only people under Jonathan's government are being probed?

In as much as we all want our stolen loots returned,this is a clear case of witch hunting. Whenever Bubu is ready to fight everyone that has embezzled public funds,he'll have our loyalty and support

For now, we just dey watch Dullardino part 4 angry

4 Likes

Re: EFCC's Fight Against Corruption Is A Mere Ritual Of 'Window-Dressing' by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 11:28pm On Jan 21, 2016
poshestmina:
I tell you bro
If truly Buhari is fighting corruption, why is Amaechi,Tinubu,Danjuma, Obasanjo all free?
In as much as we all want our stolen loots returned,this is a clear case of witch hunting. Whenever Bubu is ready to fight everyone that has embezzled public funds,he'll have our loyalty and support

The people you mention above where all alive under Jonathan, why didn't he probe them

When you got nothing meaningful to say, better stick to the romance section.

2 Likes

Re: EFCC's Fight Against Corruption Is A Mere Ritual Of 'Window-Dressing' by poshestmina(f): 11:31pm On Jan 21, 2016
IdisuleOurOwn:

The people you mention above where all alive under Jonathan, why didn't he probe them

Jonathan was not after anybody or group of people
If 'almighty ' Buhari wants to claim and become a saint overnight, let him do it right

I think you need to be in the jokes section bro undecided

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC's Fight Against Corruption Is A Mere Ritual Of 'Window-Dressing' by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 11:42pm On Jan 21, 2016
poshestmina:

Jonathan was not after anybody or group of people
If 'almighty ' Buhari wants to claim and become a saint overnight, let him do it right

I think you need to be in the jokes section bro undecided

Jonathan was not after anybody?

Under his (Jonathan) govt, Ameachi was barred from govt house.

He was not after anybody, soldiers with order from above invaded APC centre in Lagos.

He was not after anybody, APC top Members were arrested during election in Anambra and Osun States respectively.

If being "after people" is hurting those who loot our common wealth is, am happy with it.

2 Likes

Re: EFCC's Fight Against Corruption Is A Mere Ritual Of 'Window-Dressing' by Rapmoney(m): 11:53pm On Jan 21, 2016
poshestmina:
I tell you bro

They said corrupt public officers only existed in the last dispensation.

5 Likes

Re: EFCC's Fight Against Corruption Is A Mere Ritual Of 'Window-Dressing' by Rapmoney(m): 11:53pm On Jan 21, 2016
poshestmina:
I tell you bro

Many people can't even think of the real gains of governance other than this window-dressed fight against corruption!

5 Likes

Re: EFCC's Fight Against Corruption Is A Mere Ritual Of 'Window-Dressing' by frankyychiji(f): 11:54pm On Jan 21, 2016
In saner climes, Tinubu, Amaechi, Fashola, Feyemi, Atiku, Saraki, Mama Taraba, and the he-goat Aregbese should have all been rotting in jail with hard labor by now.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC's Fight Against Corruption Is A Mere Ritual Of 'Window-Dressing' by poshestmina(f): 11:59pm On Jan 21, 2016
IdisuleOurOwn:

Jonathan was not after anybody?

Under his (Jonathan) govt, Ameachi was barred from govt house.

He was not after anybody, soldiers with order from above invaded APC centre in Lagos.

He was not after anybody, APC top Members were arrested during election in Anambra and Osun States respectively.

If being "after people" is hurting those who loot our common wealth is, am happy with it.

When he had problem with Obasanjo, did he witch hunt him?
Obviously because he knew he wasn't perfect neither were his followers

I repeat,if Buhari is really fighting corruption, let him probe Tinubu, Obasanjo, Amaechi and others
Where did Amaechi get the money to sponsor PMB's presidential campaign?
Obasanjo was a big part of GEJ's government until they had problem,am sure he embezzled funds in one way or the other

PROBE them all or stop claiming what you are not

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC's Fight Against Corruption Is A Mere Ritual Of 'Window-Dressing' by Rapmoney(m): 12:01am On Jan 22, 2016
IdisuleOurOwn:

I believe, nearly, if not all NL members that are Nigerians are citizens by birth! So Mr Man, you have no right nor authority to restrict anyone to a particular section on this forum! Everyone has right to express themselves...whether what they say seem rubbish to you or not.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC's Fight Against Corruption Is A Mere Ritual Of 'Window-Dressing' by poshestmina(f): 12:02am On Jan 22, 2016
Rapmoney:
I believe, nearly, if not all NL members that are Nigerians are citizens by birth! So Mr Man, you have no right nor authority to restrict anyone to a particular section on this forum! Everyone has right to express themselves...whether what they say seem rubbish to you or not.

Don't mind the gullible hailing wailer.He is the new mod of jokes section

4 Likes

Re: EFCC's Fight Against Corruption Is A Mere Ritual Of 'Window-Dressing' by Rapmoney(m): 12:04am On Jan 22, 2016
poshestmina:

When he had problem with Obasanjo, did he witch hunt him?
Obviously because he knew he wasn't perfect neither were his followers

I repeat,if Buhari is really fighting corruption, let him probe Tinubu, Obasanjo, Amaechi and others
Where did Amaechi get the money to sponsor PMB's presidential campaign?
Obasanjo was a big part of GEJ's government until they had problem,am sure he embezzled funds in one way or the other

PROBE them all or stop claiming what you are not

That's one big question many have failed to answer...they always avoid answering it.

4 Likes

Re: EFCC's Fight Against Corruption Is A Mere Ritual Of 'Window-Dressing' by poshestmina(f): 12:08am On Jan 22, 2016
Rapmoney:
Many people can't even think of the real gains of governance other than this window-dressed fight against corruption!

Using the 'fight against perceived enemies to cover up his SUPER clueless, annoying, disorganized government

Buhari has achieved NOTHING since may 29th. Only pictures, travelling out every now and then and witch hunting his 'enemies '
angry

4 Likes

Re: EFCC's Fight Against Corruption Is A Mere Ritual Of 'Window-Dressing' by Rapmoney(m): 12:10am On Jan 22, 2016
poshestmina:

Using the 'fight against perceived enemies to cover up his SUPER clueless, annoying, disorganized government

Buhari has achieved NOTHING since may 29th. Only pictures, travelling out every now and then and witch hunting his 'enemies '
angry
wink

1 Like

Re: EFCC's Fight Against Corruption Is A Mere Ritual Of 'Window-Dressing' by poshestmina(f): 12:12am On Jan 22, 2016
Rapmoney:
That's one big question many have failed to answer...they always avoid answering it.

Amaechi did practically NOTHING during his second tenure and he didn't pay workers for like 3 months or more before he left Office
Where is the money?.or Amaechi is no longer part of the past government because he switched off?

Abeggi!!!..make we hear word.
Www.mtchewwwwwwwwwww.com

2 Likes

Re: EFCC's Fight Against Corruption Is A Mere Ritual Of 'Window-Dressing' by Rapmoney(m): 12:14am On Jan 22, 2016
poshestmina:

Amaechi did practically NOTHING during his second tenure and he didn't pay workers for like 3 months or more before he left Office
Where is the money?.or Amaechi is no longer part of the past government because he switched off?

Www.mtchewwwwwwwwwww.com
Don't you know that everyone in the past regime is a criminal? And everyone in this government is a saint?

1 Like

Re: EFCC's Fight Against Corruption Is A Mere Ritual Of 'Window-Dressing' by poshestmina(f): 12:22am On Jan 22, 2016
Rapmoney:
Don't you know that everyone in the past regime is a criminal? And everyone in this government is a saint?

grin grin cheesy
Politicians are taking over Nollywood, make we dey watch drama
Saints APC vrs Criminals Pdp under Goodluck

2 Likes

Re: EFCC's Fight Against Corruption Is A Mere Ritual Of 'Window-Dressing' by Rapmoney(m): 12:44am On Jan 22, 2016
poshestmina:

grin grin cheesy
Politicians are taking over Nollywood, make we dey watch drama
Saints APC vrs Criminals Pdp under Goodluck
Many of these people don't have any ideology they stand by. They move by popular trends.
Re: EFCC's Fight Against Corruption Is A Mere Ritual Of 'Window-Dressing' by Olril18(m): 6:24am On Jan 22, 2016
frankyychiji:
In saner climes, Tinubu, Amaechi, Fashola, Feyemi, Atiku, Saraki, Mama Taraba, and the he-goat Aregbese should have all been rotting in jail with hard labor by now.

no,no,no,only pdp and GEJ are corrupt o,tinubu,fashola,amaechi,aregbesola,obasanjo,and Atiku are saints.

3 Likes

Re: EFCC's Fight Against Corruption Is A Mere Ritual Of 'Window-Dressing' by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:36am On Jan 22, 2016
OP, you're known for always frequenting the romance section. Maybe you should stick to it. It appears to be the section you've a better knowledge of. Leave the politics section for those who know politics.

1 Like

Re: EFCC's Fight Against Corruption Is A Mere Ritual Of 'Window-Dressing' by Rapmoney(m): 7:41am On Jan 22, 2016
OrlandoOwoh:
OP, you're known for always frequenting the romance section. Maybe you should stick to it. It appears to be the section you've a better knowledge of. Leave the politics section for those who know politics.
Everyone has the right to express himself/herself in any topic, area or section. Nobody can tell me where to post thread or where not to post. If you like, you can go to the Romance section and open a thread; it wouldn't bother me! Lest I forget, so you think you know politics?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EFCC's Fight Against Corruption Is A Mere Ritual Of 'Window-Dressing' by TheLastIdiot: 7:48am On Jan 22, 2016
Buhari is more clueless than Jonathan. Point a gun at me and I'll say it again!
Re: EFCC's Fight Against Corruption Is A Mere Ritual Of 'Window-Dressing' by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:56am On Jan 22, 2016
Rapmoney:
Everyone has the right to express himself/herself in any topic, area or section. Nobody can tell me where to post thread or where not to post. If you like, you can go to the Romance section and open a thread; it wouldn't bother me! Lest I forget, so you think you know politics?
Ordinarilly, I wouldn't have said you should concentrate on the romance section, where you always frequent and good at, but because of your poor understanding of same as it relates with the fight against corruption, I did.

1 Like

Re: EFCC's Fight Against Corruption Is A Mere Ritual Of 'Window-Dressing' by TheLastIdiot: 7:58am On Jan 22, 2016
poshestmina:

Www.mtchewwwwwwwwwww.com
Ok 1 big odeku for u grin
Re: EFCC's Fight Against Corruption Is A Mere Ritual Of 'Window-Dressing' by Nobody: 7:59am On Jan 22, 2016
OrlandoOwoh:

Agumentum Ad Baculum

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EFCC's Fight Against Corruption Is A Mere Ritual Of 'Window-Dressing' by Rapmoney(m): 8:02am On Jan 22, 2016
OrlandoOwoh:

Ordinarilly, I wouldn't have said you should concentrate on the romance section, where you always frequent and good at, but because of your poor understanding of same as it relates with the fight against corruption, I did.
Why do you guys think this way? Whenever someone's view conflicts with yours, to you, the person doesn't have knowledge in that area...but whoever plays the same tune with you has knowledge! Imagine a world where everyone is carrying the same hairstyle! cool
Re: EFCC's Fight Against Corruption Is A Mere Ritual Of 'Window-Dressing' by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:02am On Jan 22, 2016
TheLastIdiot:
Buhari is more clueless than Jonathan. Point a gun at me and I'll say it again!
I would have given you a reply but your moniker says it is unnecessary. Yoruba people say "oruko ma n ro eyan" (a person's name determines most things that happen to them).

1 Like

Re: EFCC's Fight Against Corruption Is A Mere Ritual Of 'Window-Dressing' by Rapmoney(m): 8:04am On Jan 22, 2016
Freemanan:

Agumentum Ad Baculum
Philosopher cheesy
Re: EFCC's Fight Against Corruption Is A Mere Ritual Of 'Window-Dressing' by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:04am On Jan 22, 2016
Rapmoney:
Why do you guys think this way? Whenever someone's view conflicts with yours, to you, the person doesn't have knowledge in that area...but whoever plays the same tune with you has knowledge! Imagine a world where everyone is carrying the same hairstyle! cool
Hairstyle? This is why I said you should go back to the romance section.

(1) (2) (Reply)

This Is What Niger Delta Avengers Wrote On Their Twitter Handle / Nnamdi Kanu Exposes How Fake Buhari Was Brought After Surgery VIDEO / Photos: Atiku Defeats Buhari In Separate 2019 Online Polls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.