Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,977 members, 7,814,325 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:05 AM

Solution to the Nigerian Economy - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Solution to the Nigerian Economy (19914 Views)

IMF: Nigerian Economy May Collapse If… / 12 Things Buhari Govt Is Putting In Place To Revive Nigerian Economy - Adeosun / Fayose : Nigerian Economy May Collapse In 3 Months!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solution to the Nigerian Economy by asamaigho(m): 6:14pm On Jan 22, 2016
hucienda:
cc Kemi Adeosun

bcc Godwin Emefiele

hahahahaha, only if they will.
am really happy to see young people interested in d economy.its a sign that we have hope.

1 Like

Re: Solution to the Nigerian Economy by asamaigho(m): 6:15pm On Jan 22, 2016
topstar80:
I won't wanna be bias..
the best solution for the Nigerian economy is to rid every looter...
if we keep on saying we want a boosted economy and there are still means by which monies are laundered,we will not get There, for what is the use of increasing the water level in a tank when u know that the tank is leaky ?..
we should try and fix the leaky areas first before trying to see a boosted economy...
I'm not a politician but I give kudos to the current administration for seeing this need before any other dream..
God bless our Nigeria

Godbless ur insight....highly seconded.

1 Like

Re: Solution to the Nigerian Economy by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jan 22, 2016
Our problem isn't far fetched,it's boldly spelt out: misplacement of priority.How could the FG harness and control all the resources in the country and start allocating money to the states every month;absolute rubbish!

Nigeria is like a woman with 36 sons,every month;he calls them together,gives them some money to take care of their respective needs depending on how many children each of them have.

She finds it very difficult to allow her children grow,learn and achieve things on their own without interference,but layed down rules for them to operate within and this in turn made the children so lazy that they hardly think outside the box to profer solutions when problems arises.

They children been used to such way of life turned irresponsible,careless and useless knowing fully well that no matter how wayward they live their lives,their mother would always carry them along.

Our problem isn't just diversification.Our only problem is that the federal government is too small to control 36 states plus Abuja 37 and still expect things to be in order.

All states of the Federation can survive if they can just discover a niche and improve on it.We are blessed people,but our blessing is invariably turning against us because we shy away from the truth.

The truth is this: Nigeria can only develope if all the states start generating income from different sources and not waiting for the FG's hand out.Resource control remains the solution!

1 Like

Re: Solution to the Nigerian Economy by asamaigho(m): 6:19pm On Jan 22, 2016
frankwyte:
The reason i stopped commenting on national discuss that will assist this nation is when you tell the truth, some people just are not comfortable with the truth rather they results to name calling or better put ..... Strange to be criticize, that way they remain stagnant, and cant move forward or interact without having grudges; but they soon forget that you need interaction and criticism to appreciate the beauty of life itself otherwise yu are dead!

neva b bothered abt cricism,they are part of life,believe in ur convictions,.......

"WHENEVER U ENCOUNTER ENEMIES IN A VIDEO GAME,ITS A SIGN U R GOING THE RIGHT DIRECTION"
Re: Solution to the Nigerian Economy by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jan 22, 2016
gohome:

You are being to optimistic. In project management, there is what we call P10, P50 and P90 models. Most managers use the P50 models ( average) to plan, some even use P10. My P50 model analysis is what I provided to you.

That said, we seem to want the same thing ( increased in house refining capacity). Why I want more refineries, you want one single mega refinery.
I want as many refinery, i want export of finished product.
Re: Solution to the Nigerian Economy by sweetgala(m): 6:36pm On Jan 22, 2016
Standing5:
Many monikers won't save you deluded ässès. Oil you are shouting is hard worth anything again. Get up and work out your läzy assès.

Last I checked a littre of the oil is cheaper than a litter if coca cola. How sad
Re: Solution to the Nigerian Economy by sweetgala(m): 6:38pm On Jan 22, 2016
tuniski:
you started like u have good grasp but, quickly went off by the over used lame line of 16yrs of waste. So Russia too had 3r0yrs of waste abi? Stop blame game and come up with solutions. It is actually the problem structurally basing our posterity on oil boom/doom. Apc is here let them solve the part of the problem they can then give way. Govt is a continuum but, apc is an error while the Sai baba chanters today are zombies!

APC is an error. I'm glad APC came on board before this country was put to death. APC was our salvation bwcuse if PDP had won , all those who stole and invested billions into the PDP stake would want their loot back
Re: Solution to the Nigerian Economy by sweetgala(m): 6:43pm On Jan 22, 2016
Standing5:
Russia had good savings and invest in technological advancement that they are falling back to now. Nigeria saved and quickly deplete same via frivolous arms purchase, increase recurrent bills. among others.

Please tell them, it is common fact that the technology advances Russia is relying on now are the same ones harnessed during the cold war competitive days when USSR pumped money into science and research and also had to manufacture in-house due to trade sanctions. The SU 27 and Mig 29 were designed as the cold war came to an end, the mil mi24 hind is a cold war design.

Maybe what Nigeria needs is a couple of sanctions to make us become resilient again, because it seems business men would rather import low quality goods from China rather than promote local manufacturing
Re: Solution to the Nigerian Economy by sweetgala(m): 6:47pm On Jan 22, 2016
mrvitalis:
Bro the solution is not on grammar we need urgent solutions and I would propose the following
Government should set up a farm company like NNPC allocate unfarmed land to the company
Develop seedlings true the ministry of agriculture... Farm to substitute the things we import simple as a b c
Allocate 200000 hecters for wheat farming
1 million hecters for rice farming
Just like that.. . The ban importation of this farmed goods.. . The importers must buy from government
U create jobs.. . Save our foreign reserves
Generate revenue... . It's not rocket science bro
We just have dummies ruling us

That is a very good idea, Nyerere and Sankara both famously used this method to reduce their countries from dependence on import to being self sufficient in record time.

It all comes down to investment, the government must put money into the venture or attract individuals who would. The current budget from first look is doing just that investing money into the area that would help us get out of dependency
Re: Solution to the Nigerian Economy by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jan 22, 2016
how will my great country NIGERIA, get there when the mind of graduate, is to go to school graduate and look for job, how will my country get there when there mind set is to order for the last ferrari and live a fake lifestyle, How will my dear NIGERIA, when we can not produce anytging ourselves rather import fromanother nation. sadhow will my great country NIGERIA, get there when the mind of graduate, is to go to school graduate and look for job, how will my country get there when there mind set is to order for the lastest ferrari and live a fake lifestyle, How will my dear NIGERIA, when we can not produce anytging ourselves rather import fromanother nation.
Re: Solution to the Nigerian Economy by tuniski: 6:50pm On Jan 22, 2016
sweetgala:

APC is an error. I'm glad APC came on board before this country was put to death. APC was our salvation bwcuse if PDP had won , all those who stole and invested billions into the PDP stake would want their loot back
flawed and living on propaganda of apc! Saying naija would have been dead with pdp is d biggest lie ever told. Apc is here and naija is dying. Why will anybody wants to assume leadership of a dead nation? Truth is naija was d biggest economy in Africa and apc base everything on the basis of vilified pdp govt. Apc is just lost! Overwhelmed by the magnitude of challenges pdp was facing and still making govt sane. Don't tell me about oil price cos it is a lame excuse by a govt lacking in ingenuity and outside of the box tot! Wee are here and apc must solve the problems d best they can cos govt is continuum. Blame game won't deliver posterity!
Re: Solution to the Nigerian Economy by sweetgala(m): 6:52pm On Jan 22, 2016
tuniski:
no,that will be concentration camp not farming. Moreso, govt doing more aand more Is simply encouraging inefficiency and corruption. Govt is already overwhelmed let citizens be Stimulated and encouraged to do commercial agriculture. Govt must stay off they are a never do good bunch!

If the citizens would not what else can the government do, from operation feed the nation under OBJ to the efforts of the former agricultural minister, the government has been putting initiatives for farmers to improve their yield and efficiency but the progress is slower than required.
Re: Solution to the Nigerian Economy by sweetgala(m): 6:55pm On Jan 22, 2016
tuniski:
flawed and living on propaganda of apc! Saying naija would have been dead with pdp is d biggest lie ever told. Apc is here and naija is dying. Why will anybody wants to assume leadership of a dead nation? Truth is naija was d biggest economy in Africa and apc base everything on the basis of vilified pdp govt. Apc is just lost! Overwhelmed by the magnitude of challenges pdp was facing and still making govt sane. Don't tell me about oil price cos it is a lame excuse by a govt lacking in ingenuity and outside of the box tot! Wee are here and apc must solve the problems d best they can cos govt is continuum. Blame game won't deliver posterity!

Nigerian economy died a long time ago, before APC came into the reckoning. It started the day Canada, OZ and America started fracking reduced demand for foreign sourced energy, OPEC has been in a mess for a while.

The PDP during their 16 years failed to diversify the economy and some idiots want a broke 7 month old government to fix the rot they meet in place.

In the 16 years of PDP from OBJ to GEJ how much sis they vote to fixing the problem is well electricity generation, billions of dollars, wgatbdid we get nothing, all the monies budgeted for roads that are since degraded and damaged and left in a state of disrepair.

When a minister felt it was her duty to give oik blocks to her friends and croonies as she willed, oversaw a treacherous tgeft of oil daily, our only credible resource. Then could not account for 13 billion dollars missing from NNPC( everyone has settled on 13 rather than 20 billion)

Abeg some of us have sense, go find your marbles wherever you left them

I'll remind you if you benefited from the gluttony or not your children would share in the consequences if we don't all fix up,say the truth and profer a solution fitting

1 Like

Re: Solution to the Nigerian Economy by sweetgala(m): 7:08pm On Jan 22, 2016
yaki84:

what did the states do with their own share of the oil monies pumped to them since 1999?
states control 70percent of lands in the country, federal govt dont hv lands....any projects either housing or roads they build they must allign with states if not it wont work.
the last admin made some nice plans towards diversification, monies were pumped into agric sector, we had the auto policy even though the wasterners kicked against it, telecoms sector too was beefed up n restructure n is still passing thru restructuring cos its another economic indices towards attaining robust economy in the future.
so many power plants hv been built and soonest some will kickstart example is d one at odukpani in cross river state.
states were suppose to be the primary drivers of diversification cos they ave access to lands which the federal govt lack......what did ur state govt did with oil monies allocated to them since 1999?

We know your type, the bunch who live and enjoy the hard work and development in SW but spare no opportunity to accuse them of the ills in your society. Please go ask your state governors what they did with their bountiful allocations and security votes.

I know for a fact that GEJ input zero new ideas with his 5 years in office absolutely nothing, all he did was benefit from the plans laid down by OBJ and taken up by Yar'adua.

The only thing he was good at was signing defective documents he had no clue what they meant. How did we let a shrimp zoologist become out president I don't know

2 Likes

Re: Solution to the Nigerian Economy by sweetgala(m): 7:21pm On Jan 22, 2016
baralatie:

Like I said,as long as pmb "thinks" there is no fuel in the car while "doing nothing" but shouting "there is no fuel!",I no agree!
Only for a passerby tell pmb "oga enter the motor make you check the fuel gauge,

The is no fuel in the car, we are broke believe it or not
Re: Solution to the Nigerian Economy by sweetgala(m): 7:21pm On Jan 22, 2016
kenneth3428:
There is no hope for Nigeria with the way PMB is going about things. Look at the budget for instance. There are no future leaders in Nigeria, we only have the leaders of the futures past.

You'll need to explain, just saying it wouldn't cut it
Re: Solution to the Nigerian Economy by asamaigho(m): 7:23pm On Jan 22, 2016
vodkat:

Price of oil will.go as low. As 5$ per barrell.especially when other countries start using shale techique to get oil.

As of now only the actions of us scattered the market.

Us prefers low prices becuaae it weakens Russia and arab terrorist who.r 90% dependent on oil as source of income

lol!
well oil prices will neva get dat low bro!
if it does,den d IOCs will go totally bankrupt,dat will b a major world disaster.besides d saudis will not allow dat to happen.
i think it wont go less than 15dollars pb.
Re: Solution to the Nigerian Economy by vodkat: 7:45pm On Jan 22, 2016
asamaigho:

lol!
well oil prices will neva get dat low bro!
if it does,den d IOCs will go totally bankrupt,dat will b a major world disaster.besides d saudis will not allow dat to happen.
i think it wont go less than 15dollars pb.

Saudis have no say, if they had say they would want oil to be 1000$ per barrel so they can be using dollar to clean yansh.

oil can be replaced in vechicle

as we speak some power lithium battery can run a car engine without need for fuel.

take it or leave it.

Out of the top 10 economies is in the world there is no major oil producer apart from Russia.

Oil makes countries lazy and not use their brain

1 Like

Re: Solution to the Nigerian Economy by InvertedHammer: 7:53pm On Jan 22, 2016
baralatie:

You back to what I am saying
"Pmb in a car with fuel and up to date working systems is screaming "no fuel"
Haba!!
/

If that's what you understood from my analogy, so be it.

/
Re: Solution to the Nigerian Economy by baralatie(m): 8:05pm On Jan 22, 2016
sweetgala:

The is no fuel in the car, we are broke believe it or not
the beauty is this. there is a fuel in the car and it is full tank.
If the driver is saying no fuel.It is either of the following
a,the driver is not familiar with the car
b,the driver is misguided on the workings of the car
c,the driver is not in the car
d,the driver does not know where the ignition is
e,the drover needs help
Re: Solution to the Nigerian Economy by asamaigho(m): 8:35pm On Jan 22, 2016
vodkat:

Saudis have no say, if they had say they would want oil to be 1000$ per barrel so they can be using dollar to clean yansh.

oil can be replaced in vechicle

as we speak some power lithium battery can run a car engine without need for fuel.

take it or leave it.

Out of the top 10 economies is in the world there is no major oil producer apart from Russia.

Oil makes countries lazy and not use their brain

well i think if saudi arabia,kuwait and other big players reduces their quoter,thereby causing some sort of scarcity,prices will go up. but their greed wont let them.
About the electric cars u mentioned, lmao,
Those lithium cars (EV) are very unreliable,most time u have to spend nothing less than 10hr to recharge them . which means u have to spend 10hr qeue at the filling station,who has dat time?
even d new technology tha TESLA is proposing(12minutes charging) is too expensive,dat amount of volt can power. abt a 1000 homes,...
for now lets electric vehicles lacks d neccessary technology for contemporary usage, dont forget that dat electric vehicles actually predates gasoline vehicles.
Re: Solution to the Nigerian Economy by yaki84: 8:50pm On Jan 22, 2016
sweetgala:

We know your type, the bunch who live and enjoy the hard work and development in SW but spare no opportunity to accuse them of the ills in your society. Please go ask your state governors what they did with their bountiful allocations and security votes.

I know for a fact that GEJ input zero new ideas with his 5 years in office absolutely nothing, all he did was benefit from the plans laid down by OBJ and taken up by Yar'adua.

The only thing he was good at was signing defective documents he had no clue what they meant. How did we let a shrimp zoologist become out president I don't know

I cant join issues with people that r hypocrites, crafty, greedy n double face thieves.
people who defend someone that never sign cheques for the entire 8yrs he spent as govr, people who defend someone who never awarded contracts as a state governor. people who defend someone that purchase 3bmw cars for 600million naira but attack another for buying same at 250 million naira, people who give kudos to someone that awarded two boreholes for a whooping 189million naira. bobo I cant n I will never join issues with any wasterner, sophisticated beggars.
gej stole oyel money, crude oyel money, crude that is being drilled from his backyard n its effect has caused much degradation to his people.
he stole what belongs to his state, so he is justified n heavens wont sanction him unless he started the stealing, he introduced the embezzlement, n the looting.
if u r pained by this then u need a dose of 1tablespoon of otapiapia to ease ur pain.
ciao...... mumu
Re: Solution to the Nigerian Economy by Kereokwu(f): 9:29pm On Jan 22, 2016
Well, my opinions are:
1. Govt should avoid wast, block all avenues of looting.
2. Close our boaders to the products we can manufacture here in Nig.
3. Corrupt persons must be thoroughly dealt with and fast too to serve as a deterrent to others.
4. Our budgets(both states and fed.) should not just be on running recurrent expenditures but more than 65% should be on manufacturing, development and education.
5. Remove corruption from the power sector we will have power to drive the economy
6. I am a strong advocate of looking inwards and ingenuity, for now we can refine our crude using our technology(the technocrats can work with the local craft boys).
7. Nigs are not dumb,its just that we dont value what we have, Biafra war was fought with local weapons, we can improve on such technologies.
8. We need peace, so that we spend less on weapon procurement and more on development.
Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Solution to the Nigerian Economy by sogijiobserver: 12:28am On Jan 23, 2016
hakeem4:
Let's not only depend on oil
Yes oil is a problem, but remember we are operating a consumer type of economy. over 90% of our daily and essential needs are imported. I think this is portraying our image as a rich country that is not ready to move into production. Now we need to dis-abused the mind of all Nigerians from the concept of dependency on importation and the consumption of imported materials. We need to close our country disband the ideology of globalization and allow our professionals to initiate a way out. Remember necessity is the mother of ....................

Like if you agree

Share if you disagree
Re: Solution to the Nigerian Economy by GreatManBee: 12:51am On Jan 23, 2016
gohome:
We have a problem.
1. Weak Fiscal Policy and political structure.
2. Executing good economic policies.

I will only touch on 2 because the ruling party does not have the nerve to dismantle the fiscal structure we have now. Also so unfortunate the last one could not. In the next elections, we should vote for the guy that will stop handouts to states. The gain of just this single decision is too enormous to mention in this thread. Will create another thread highlighting this

I will go ahead with number 2. Solutions to number 2 start with a good plan (budget). Unfortunately we have started off in the wrong foot. The growth rate of a country depends on rate of saving and investment. For this purpose, budgetary policy aims to mobilise sufficient resources for investment in the public sector. Therefore, the government makes various provisions in the budget to raise overall rate of savings and investments in the economy. what I have seen so far in this years budget is not impressive. Hopefully next year will be much better.

Another example as regards to policy is curbing inflation rate. Look around you, you can hardly find anything manufactured in Nigeria. So what it means is that inflation is going to be in double figures because of a devalued Naira at 310 to a dollar. It's a bad policy to fix the Naira and not let market forces work. A good example to explain this bad policy is the way and manner we have handled our forex. Firstly, the entire policy to control our outflow was not carefully thought through. What we are doing is fixing the roof because of bad foundation. Or repainting the car and feeling good when your engine is about to knock. Bad precedence we have laid in the past 50 years. Keeping the right to set the dollar price exclusively to CBN is a recipe for disaster. It's only a matter of time and that time will be when oil is worthless. Do you know that the CBN gathers all our dollars and print Naira equivalents of these dollars. They flood this Naira in the economy and because the GDP growth is not equivalent to the Flooded Naira, inflation starts to kick in, the CBN the go ahead to reduce to cash in circulation by raising interest rate, selling T bills and even borrowing from bank at huge cost. Imagine! The simple solution to this is to let it stand on its feet. Every body source for your dollars and let your customers buy it at any price.

But wait a minute, the decision to do that is not so simple, the dollar will reach 500 Nairas, so politically, it will be suicidal considering the fact that 1 Naira was suppose to be of equal value to the dollar.

A true devalued Naira may be a solution to our problems. It will reignite the real sector. Manufactured good in Nigeria can now compete with foreign goods In Nigeria. Thousand of Jobs will be created. We will get better at it and even start to export. There is hope people.

That's the only way. For you to increase your outflow, you have to be able to sell manufactured products, resources like oil etc can not cut you in. To be able to manufacture competively with China, Germany etc, you will need

1. Technology
2. Fiscal policies, tax cuts import waivers on heavy duties etc
3. Most important, Infractructural development (1 Trillion US at least).This will include power, rail, roads, ports etc. unfortunately, we have squandered billions of hard earn forex that should have been used for this
4 Human Resource - STEM professionals, technicians etc
5. Strong Policing- strong police force, legal framework etc.
6. Strong Foreign policy

What do we do?
1. Can we as citizens reach out to our legislators that the budget should reflect the above and don't be passed until it is changed.

2. Can we also push for a well laid out fiscal policy

3. Can we also push for a policy that will ban all forms of commodities except heavy duty equipment from accessing forex from the CBN

4. Can we set a hard target for the power problem to be fixed. (Milestones included). All projects in the world have targets

5. We consume 40 million liters a day of PMS. Dangote refinery will do 10 million liter max. Can we rigorously push for 4 Dangotes to build refineries especially from the oil majors in country.

6. With just a 10% increase in GDP and 30% increase in manufacturing, 2.2 million barrel a day of oil we produce will not be enough for local consumption.

Came across the link below and I thought it might be interesting.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?sns=fb&v=xex7NAhTR_w
Re: Solution to the Nigerian Economy by donwalome(m): 6:11am On Jan 23, 2016
I love this country and ill gladly give anything to make it better.in my own opinion If we truly want to grow we have to seriously fix our infrastructure first especially power. we have a transmission problem cos even if we generate 30,000 megawatts today, we don't have the capacity to transmit efficiently. Equipment for renewable energy should be allowed be duty free to encourage ipp With more electricity the 30mill liters of petrol we gulp daily will drop, and it will cause more production and less waste. Our fiscal policy has to change in the light of present realities we cannot continue to have budgets that gets gulped by salaries only. Let states generate revenue to function instead of waiting for allocation from fg to survive it has made most states lazy and hence they don't care about looking inwards to develop themselves. In the near future food security will be a serious issue cos of global warming and the effects here in nigeria we have a unique opportunity to corner a serious share of the global demand for food. We have the land, workforce to produce enough food for export and for ourselves. We should start now . Tbc

1 Like

Re: Solution to the Nigerian Economy by banio: 6:52am On Jan 23, 2016
Standing5:
I agree on state, fiscal federalisw, and nation building above. We can't just build nation by wishing it. Monies have been stolen and should be recovered

If the monies U are saying are returned in naira then it's worth nothing because we can't use it as forex. What the Op is saying remains true, pls accept it
Re: Solution to the Nigerian Economy by calcal: 8:04am On Jan 23, 2016
sweetgala:

Please tell them, it is common fact that the technology advances Russia is relying on now are the same ones harnessed during the cold war competitive days when USSR pumped money into science and research and also had to manufacture in-house due to trade sanctions. The SU 27 and Mig 29 were designed as the cold war came to an end, the mil mi24 hind is a cold war design.

Maybe what Nigeria needs is a couple of sanctions to make us become resilient again, because it seems business men would rather import low quality goods from China rather than promote local manufacturing

Mr. Man - Yes will need all round sanctions at lease for 50 years. This will help us to develop. Look at North Korea and Iran on sanctions are more advance than what we have in this country.

1 Like

Re: Solution to the Nigerian Economy by aadejesu: 8:39am On Jan 23, 2016
Read the first paragraph only, total nonsense, op clearly does not understand the Nigerian economy or what's happening for that matter.
Re: Solution to the Nigerian Economy by Nobody: 8:50am On Jan 23, 2016
After all said and done, the need for immediate diversification cannot be duly emphasized coupled with a strong sense of political will. Pete's sakes, we've got the human, natural and financial resources prerequisite for growth and development but what do we do with it? Nothing....

The heavy over dependence on just one functional sector for a nation as huge as this one is nothing but appalling. How do you explain why a country like Nigeria cannot even boast of a functional manufacturing industry? Beats me tho cos that is one sector that could further improve our growth chances. Industrialization, high level technology, steady electricity supply, high level literacy, decrease in the dearth of entrepreneurship, all these to mention but a few would definitely go a long way to providing solutions to our problems.

I'd say an enlightenment campaign to educate the people on the activities of the govt is also a welcome development. If the people were well aware of every move of the govt and served as pressure groups and watch dogs to the governmental activities ab initio, this would have made it difficult for countless regimes to have continued with the deceit of ruling without creating viable solutions to the inherent canker worms that have eaten deep into the development of the Nigerian economy today.

We have ministers with portfolios right?? Apparently to help the govt formulate policies on major sectors of the economy in a bid to move the nation forward? So what have they been doing, through the years if I might ask Just for a few that have achieved one or two significant changes the bulk have however not done much. I don't see why they have the titles and can't churn out viable solutions. Every decision shouldn't be left to the centre. And the states, what have their heads been up to. I mean u only have to travel to some of these states to realize this country is still a very very much underdeveloped, my goodness. Sometimes I wonder, is there actually a govt head in this state or some charade of a leader as usual here to sqaunder as much n disappear @the brink of dusk of their four years.

I could go on and on but I maintain effective and immediate diversification with a sense of political will by the government should be looked into. Increased and improved technologies, massive industrialization, rebirth of entrepreneurship and others duly stated up there is morethan a step in the right direction to get this nation back up and running, I believe it doesn't take rocket science to get a well focused and determined nation to work so long as we have well meaning leaders desirous of change, growth and development to ensure and increased per capita income and an improvement in the welfare of the generality of the people of Nigeria.

P:S- I just remembered, reduction in imports and an increase in exports would also go a long way...
Re: Solution to the Nigerian Economy by sweetgala(m): 11:11am On Jan 23, 2016
yaki84:

I cant join issues with people that r hypocrites, crafty, greedy n double face thieves.
people who defend someone that never sign cheques for the entire 8yrs he spent as govr, people who defend someone who never awarded contracts as a state governor. people who defend someone that purchase 3bmw cars for 600million naira but attack another for buying same at 250 million naira, people who give kudos to someone that awarded two boreholes for a whooping 189million naira. bobo I cant n I will never join issues with any wasterner, sophisticated beggars.
gej stole oyel money, crude oyel money, crude that is being drilled from his backyard n its effect has caused much degradation to his people.
he stole what belongs to his state, so he is justified n heavens wont sanction him unless he started the stealing, he introduced the embezzlement, n the looting.
if u r pained by this then u need a dose of 1tablespoon of otapiapia to ease ur pain.
ciao...... mumu

I never defended Fashola nor made mention of him in particular, but since we have touched on that issue. As corrupted as most politicians worldwide are and particularly in Nigeria. They unlike some governors in Nigeria don't forget to do somethings to the benefit of their states. They don't loot it all like you have in certain SE and SS states where successive governors have just come to ravage and plunder with no positive signs of their existence.

Can you single any state in SE and SS which has "developed" in comparison to Lagos.

I'm not one of the "our brother, our sister, out daughter , our son crew" , Fashola greatest critics are the men and women who come from his state, who expected more even with the relative success , that is what you call a real citizen.
It was his anointed succesor, fellow Yoruba man, party member and brother who exposed his flaws can you say same of your people

1 Like

Re: Solution to the Nigerian Economy by sweetgala(m): 11:16am On Jan 23, 2016
baralatie:

the beauty is this. there is a fuel in the car and it is full tank.
If the driver is saying no fuel.It is either of the following
a,the driver is not familiar with the car
b,the driver is misguided on the workings of the car
c,the driver is not in the car
d,the driver does not know where the ignition is
e,the drover needs help

I don't know what deep slumber you have been having, or what African magic spell you are under. There is no fuel in this car. We have depleted our reserves and savings and it can not be adequately replenished in the near future. We would continue to borrow until we fix the many problems in our consuming economy.

We are so bad we import the derivative of our main export.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Magu & Femi Falana At Anti-Corruption Conference In UK (Photo) / Adamawa Supplementary Elections Postponed Indefinitely - INEC / Reginald Dei And Seidougha Taribi Burial In Bayelsa (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.