Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,049 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:39 AM

Solution to the Nigerian Economy - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Solution to the Nigerian Economy (19909 Views)

IMF: Nigerian Economy May Collapse If… / 12 Things Buhari Govt Is Putting In Place To Revive Nigerian Economy - Adeosun / Fayose : Nigerian Economy May Collapse In 3 Months!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solution to the Nigerian Economy by yaki84: 12:23pm On Jan 23, 2016
sweetgala:

I never defended Fashola nor made mention of him in particular, but since we have touched on that issue. As corrupted as most politicians worldwide are and particularly in Nigeria. They unlike some governors in Nigeria don't forget to do somethings to the benefit of their states. They don't loot it all like you have in certain SE and SS states where successive governors have just come to ravage and plunder with no positive signs of their existence.

Can you single any state in SE and SS which has "developed" in comparison to Lagos.

I'm not one of the "our brother, our sister, out daughter , our son crew" , Fashola greatest critics are the men and women who come from his state, who expected more even with the relative success , that is what you call a real citizen.
It was his anointed succesor, fellow Yoruba man, party member and brother who exposed his flaws can you say same of your people
am from akwaibom so which state r u from?
How much did ur state govr saved from oil boom?
Re: Solution to the Nigerian Economy by yaki84: 12:24pm On Jan 23, 2016
sweetgala:

I never defended Fashola nor made mention of him in particular, but since we have touched on that issue. As corrupted as most politicians worldwide are and particularly in Nigeria. They unlike some governors in Nigeria don't forget to do somethings to the benefit of their states. They don't loot it all like you have in certain SE and SS states where successive governors have just come to ravage and plunder with no positive signs of their existence.

Can you single any state in SE and SS which has "developed" in comparison to Lagos.

I'm not one of the "our brother, our sister, out daughter , our son crew" , Fashola greatest critics are the men and women who come from his state, who expected more even with the relative success , that is what you call a real citizen.
It was his anointed succesor, fellow Yoruba man, party member and brother who exposed his flaws can you say same of your people
Mine was looted both by akpabio n d new saint in town umana who is d apc candidate.
Re: Solution to the Nigerian Economy by sweetgala(m): 3:48pm On Jan 23, 2016
yaki84:

Mine was looted both by akpabio n d new saint in town umana who is d apc candidate.

I never gold you my governor was any better, God he was a disaster trying too many things at a time. But don't compare your governor or mine to Lagos. It is like night and day
Re: Solution to the Nigerian Economy by 9jatriot(m): 4:11pm On Jan 23, 2016
True. Processing farm products will actually drive the need for farming. A high demand by processing plants will naturally increase demands for those products required by these processing plants.

What business for example does Nigeria have importing tin tomatoes?
gohome:

Farming alone doesn't cut it. Processing farm produce is the solution. I will put it simply, any economy that depends only resources (farming crude oil etc) will never be advance
Re: Solution to the Nigerian Economy by baralatie(m): 8:04pm On Jan 23, 2016
sweetgala:

I don't know what deep slumber you have been having, or what African magic spell you are under. There is no fuel in this car. We have depleted our reserves and savings and it can not be adequately replenished in the near future. We would continue to borrow until we fix the many problems in our consuming economy.

We are so bad we import the derivative of our main export.
if you don't know that there is a fuel in the car then there it is not your fault.you are only been carried away by the driver who is screaming no fuel when there is fuel!
Re: Solution to the Nigerian Economy by sweetgala(m): 9:52pm On Jan 23, 2016
baralatie:

if you don't know that there is a fuel in the car then there it is not your fault.you are only been carried away by the driver who is screaming no fuel when there is fuel!

Guy let's forget this fuel in car nonsense, Nigeria is broke. Our main export is now worth less than 40% of its value last year, I don't know if you know the meanings of the supplementary budget done late last year and the 2016 budget deficit. We can essentially not finance our expenditure be reoccurring or capital investment
Re: Solution to the Nigerian Economy by mrmetoo1: 9:55pm On Jan 23, 2016
I'll say this and I don't mean to sound simplistic but I think what we need to look at is privatisation. Let's privatise everything we can, let Nigerians learn to pay for what they want. Pay for everything, parking in busy cities, pay tolls on highways, pay for electricity. Privatisation is going to curb corruption because no management is going to be stealing from itself without heads rolling and if a company messes up another is stepping up to take its place. Let's take a look at NITEL. Let them sell NIPOST today and let's see what will happen in 2yrs. All we need the government to do is create an enabling environment, build infrastructure, provide security, power. Before manufacturing can reach its full potential, we need power and manufacturing is one of the major ways to break away from our $$ obsession. We need massive training, education is important. Teach people not only the skills required but values and morals. The importance of hard work and intelligence. Let's celebrate the guy that created something rather than the politician or his kids just because somehow they have money. A lot of people have abandoned hard work and using their brains in pursuit of hustling anything just to make money because that's all we respect. Let people know the reward of hard work and innovation has a longer lasting effect than supplying computers to a corrupt politician because you and him added some zeros to the contract.

I'm willing to give this administration till the end of this year, I'm not saying they'll have solved all the problems but at least we'll see how serious they are. This their budget has a lot of good stuff but as we know words on paper doesn't mean anything if not properly implemented.

1 Like

Re: Solution to the Nigerian Economy by gohome: 12:40am On Jan 24, 2016
Standing5:
Your half smart gimmick won't work. You indirectly blame the current admin but go on to say no name calling. Solution is for folks like you to get up your lazy ässes and do real work that can earn Nigeria forex value. Another solution is for you to allow buhari recover the trillions languishing in private pockets of ex-govt officials in peace.

Kindly quote the "blame" statement in my post
Re: Solution to the Nigerian Economy by gohome: 12:42am On Jan 24, 2016
aadejesu:
Read the first paragraph only, total nonsense, op clearly does not understand the Nigerian economy or what's happening for that matter.

What is the Nigerian Economy and what is happening to it. We all are here to learn. Teach us expert.
Re: Solution to the Nigerian Economy by iseeicome: 5:17am On Sep 07, 2017
Re: Solution to the Nigerian Economy by betaessays: 9:19am On Sep 10, 2017
Re: Solution to the Nigerian Economy by bamidek(m): 10:51am On Sep 10, 2017
Day 9. Statement 9.

#YouthLeadNigeria

Today we are reminded of the broom analogy. A single broomstick would bend and break under pressure but several sticks bound together have the tensile strength to survive and endure against all efforts to break it.

It is time we allowed our common aspirations and challenges become the deciding point of our interaction. We say No to ethnicism, No to bigotry. These are evil and must be avoided all times. We are Nigerian youths first and foremost, marked by our enthusiasm and the spirit of our belief in possibilities even in the face of daunting opposition.

As the flames of the #YouthLeadNigeria campaign burn like the Olympic torch in hearts and minds of people far and wide, Today be emboldened in the knowledge that we are together pushing forward till we are counted and MATTER!

What are you waiting for ?! Arise and make your voice heard. Let it resound with the exuberance of belief, energy and ambition.

My name is Adeyemi Adekunle

#YouthLeadNigeria #TodayNotTomorrow !

Do your significant part and get this message out and across. Remove and Replace my name with yours as a sign of our together-ness. Share on your Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Other Relevant social pages .

#YouthLeadNigeria
#TogetherAsOne
Re: Solution to the Nigerian Economy by tck2000(m): 11:18am On Dec 02, 2019
When Nairaland was Nairaland!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Senator Shehu Sani Granted "Self Bail" After Honoring Police Invitation / Buhari Approves Drones For Border Monitoring / Sunday Igboho: DSS Attack Was An Attempt To Assassinate Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.