Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,205 members, 7,953,758 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 04:12 AM

How I Almost Choked To Death And Burn Down A Building - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How I Almost Choked To Death And Burn Down A Building (641 Views)

"His Joystick Is A Dot, I Almost Cried": Kenyan Lady Calls Out Man After Sex / “I Almost Lost My Life 3 Days Ago But My Boobs Saved Me” - Lady Recounts / The Day I Almost Died After Checking My Girlfriend's Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Almost Choked To Death And Burn Down A Building by martyns303(m): 12:50pm On Jan 22, 2016
Am not sure where best this should go, so moderators should help me.

A couple of nights ago my friend's girlfriend came to town from ABJ for a visit, it was her second time visiting PH. I was also in PH so they called me and asked me to join them for an outing. Around 5pm they were at my place to pick me up, I quickly got dressed and we went to the planet at GRA. We ordered for a bottle of Jack Daniel, and started gisting away, we were latter joined by two more friends and by 7pm we ordered our second bottle.

By this time, my friend's GF asked me if I would like something to eat, as they wanted to make orders for themselves, but I declined that I had lunch just before they came to pick me, that was a serious mistake. It was a great night as the other guys who joined us happened to have schooled in the same city with me outside. We talked about alsmost everything.

By 9pm we ordered our 3rd bottle, by this time I was totally drunk but managing to control myself, even worse is the fact that I don't like mixing my jack with anything, I like it raw, even by adding ice it feels like am killing the drink. At this point I told my guy I need to go home before I start to fumble. So we all called it a night, and my guy and GF drove me home.

I got home around 10:50pm and went straight to bed, but I was terribly hungry, I tried to ignore the hunger and sleep but for 15mins I was tossing and turning. So I managed to drag myself to the kitchen and luckily there was a left over of the jollof rice I had for lunch, dished the whole thing into a plate and wanted to microwave it, but there was no meat inside the rice, what's jollof rice without meat? Was feeling discouraged when I decided to boil eggs and have it with the rice.

Meyn!!! Shout out to all those who pay N1,500 to the shop owner down the street for 1 carton of indomie noodles and half crate of eggs, that stuff has been saving lives since forever. I have this set of stainless steel bowls with covers that were meant to serve food, but I have converted the biggest one to a mini pot. So I used this bowl to boil 2 eggs. I then put the rice into the microwave and set the timer to 5mins, after 5mins the timer will ring out and by then the eggs too would be ready. So I went to lie down on the couch.

I woke up to me choking severely, the whole room is filled with black smoke, I rushed to the kitchen and found out that the water in the pot had dried up, the eggs are now ashes, and the stainless pot is now red hot, turned off the gas and opened all the doors and windows. It took almost 2 weeks for the burnt smell to totally leave the house, plus the kitchen requires painting.

Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: How I Almost Choked To Death And Burn Down A Building by Kaylexzy(m): 1:06pm On Jan 22, 2016
Sorry ehn
Re: How I Almost Choked To Death And Burn Down A Building by Kayoski(m): 1:42pm On Jan 22, 2016
space booked

beware of ;
PDP wailers,
The name checking crew and
The Adonbelieve until i see pictures crew..

Cc : Lalasticlala anoda experience story has landed
Re: How I Almost Choked To Death And Burn Down A Building by Michellla(f): 2:01pm On Jan 22, 2016
Lesson Learnt_Dont sleep while cooking.

2 Likes

Re: How I Almost Choked To Death And Burn Down A Building by Mhizkel(f): 2:15pm On Jan 22, 2016
Such happened cos you were drunk.
I hope you've learnt a lesson.
And when next you wanna drink, DRINK RESPONSIBLY cool
Re: How I Almost Choked To Death And Burn Down A Building by jonaifame22(m): 2:22pm On Jan 22, 2016
Eeyah

Re: How I Almost Choked To Death And Burn Down A Building by cruzita(f): 3:26pm On Jan 22, 2016
I hope u learnt something from your mistake?eat before drinking or at least drink responsibly
Re: How I Almost Choked To Death And Burn Down A Building by Fraih(f): 3:40pm On Jan 22, 2016
Hmmm, we thank God that we are not reading 'A nairalander burnt to ashes in his house, Graphic pictures'
Am really grateful to God for you.

My cousin/roomate had a similar experience last year, we used to stay together in this 4bedroom apartment belonging to an uncle But she was the only one around this fateful night. she came from a long trip and decided to cook yam around past 9pm. She was so hungry that she quickly drank garri and couldn't not really wait for the yam to be done.
Fastforward to 5:20a.m, the smoke woke her up, If she had slept a little longer, she'd be long gone. The yams were now thick black ashes, the pot had melted already. She cooked with gas for 9 good hours. Everywhere was full of smoke, very thick smoke. I mean who would run to her rescue with fire extinguisher at that time of the morning. She had to use more than 2 perfume and air-freshners, yet this burnt smell sticked. It was really a bad night. cry cry. We dare not tell our uncle we almost burnt down his house, our school stuffs and certificates woulda pained me most.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

A Voice Note Of My Crush Friend Zoning Me: What Should I Do? / Something Gone "WRONG" / When A Girl Keep Telling Her Boyfriend She Is Not Ready For Marriage...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.