Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,760 members, 7,817,101 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:34 AM

Pre-nup:what's Your Take? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Pre-nup:what's Your Take? (2095 Views)

Ladies Whatz Ur View On Signing Pre-nup?? / To Pre-nup Or Not To Pre-nup? / Would You Sign A Pre-nup? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pre-nup:what's Your Take? by cold(m): 11:13pm On Jun 24, 2009
Ladies,if your man whom you thought loved with all his heart the same way you did suddenly suggests a pre-nup, say a month to walking down the aisle, how would you take it, what would be your reaction,would you accept?
Re: Pre-nup:what's Your Take? by sistawoman: 11:17pm On Jun 24, 2009
Depending on the terms in the pre-nup I would sign it and walk down the asle.
Re: Pre-nup:what's Your Take? by ikamefa(f): 1:18am On Jun 25, 2009
cold:

Ladies,if your man whom you thought loved with all his heart the same way you did suddenly suggests a pre-nup, say a month to walking down the aisle, how would you take it, what would be your reaction,would you accept?

we are both getting pre-nups!  cheesy

am giving him[b] mine[/b] too,

no mugun for jungle again oh!  grin grin grin
Re: Pre-nup:what's Your Take? by Nobody: 1:20am On Jun 25, 2009
Had this talk with a close friend of mines recently.

Like I told him "NO TO PRE-NUP".
Re: Pre-nup:what's Your Take? by Nobody: 1:34am On Jun 25, 2009
hmm, there's love in sharing undecided cheesy
Re: Pre-nup:what's Your Take? by TheSeeker(m): 2:44am On Jun 25, 2009
ezinne1212:

hmm, there's love in sharing undecided cheesy

Only when the sharing is equal.
Re: Pre-nup:what's Your Take? by NaJaHaJe(f): 2:48am On Jun 25, 2009
To me Pre-nup feels like am preparing to fail and that am expecting this relationship to fail. undecided I understand why its done but i dont agree with it.
Re: Pre-nup:what's Your Take? by TheSeeker(m): 2:50am On Jun 25, 2009
NaJa HaJe:

To me Pre-nup feels like am preparing to fail and that am expecting this relationship to fail. undecided I understand why its done but i dont agree with it.

Me too. If I'm opting for a Pre-nup why getting married in the first place?
Re: Pre-nup:what's Your Take? by NaJaHaJe(f): 2:51am On Jun 25, 2009
TheSeeker:

Me too. If I'm opting for a Pre-nup why getting married in the first place?

simple! hia!
Re: Pre-nup:what's Your Take? by iice(f): 4:49am On Jun 25, 2009
sistawoman:

Depending on the terms in the pre-nup I would sign it and walk down the asle.

ikamefa:

we are both getting pre-nups!  cheesy

am giving him[b] mine[/b] too,

no mugun for jungle again oh!  grin grin grin

Abi oo cheesy cheesy
Re: Pre-nup:what's Your Take? by Nobody: 4:53am On Jun 25, 2009
NaJa HaJe:

I know right.
Its like the dude is telling me 'Okay, WHEN we fail, I'd be safe"
Re: Pre-nup:what's Your Take? by biola44: 8:17am On Jun 25, 2009
is marriage now a sort of business deal? grin
Re: Pre-nup:what's Your Take? by TheSeeker(m): 8:26am On Jun 25, 2009
biola44:

is marriage now a sort of business deal? grin

Well, who wouldn't want to protect his investments?
Re: Pre-nup:what's Your Take? by izeek(m): 8:27am On Jun 25, 2009
@all.
sorry but what do you guys own that needs a pre-nup to secure in the event of whatever?

pre-nup for the small bungalow or the second hand honda wey u buy?

abeg make we leave pre-nups to those who should apply it.

prenup are for mega-stars like me!
Re: Pre-nup:what's Your Take? by TheSeeker(m): 8:29am On Jun 25, 2009
izeek:

@all.
sorry but what do you guys own that needs a pre-nup to secure in the event of whatever?

pre-nup for the small bungalow or the second hand honda wey u buy?

abeg make we leave pre-nups to those who should apply it.

prenup are for mega-stars like me!

Just as I read on a popular magazine(names withheld) that you're vying for the top spot on the richest hip hop stars chart with 50 CENT! grin
Re: Pre-nup:what's Your Take? by TheSeeker(m): 8:32am On Jun 25, 2009
On a second thought, why don't I just keep having kids instead of getting married at all? Just so if anything happens, I'll be entitled to paying child support rather than part with what I worked for. [s]I pity Mel Gibson on this one, having to share his $900M investment with his wife into equal parts[/s]
Re: Pre-nup:what's Your Take? by whitelexi(m): 8:39am On Jun 25, 2009
Marriage as we know it has started looking more like a business cartel where men [but especially women] who add absolutely nothing to a marriage walk away after a few yrs with nearly half of their spouse's life time savings or hard-work.

I think, going forward, pre-nups may be the way out as it places a restraining order upon whoever is involved in it, stopping them from having monumental claims if the marriage resulted in a divorce. It may also be a yardstick for measuring how much love actually exists in your union rather that what can be raked up from life insurance and net worth!
Re: Pre-nup:what's Your Take? by TheSeeker(m): 8:43am On Jun 25, 2009
whitelexi:

Marriage as we know it has started looking more like a business cartel where men [but especially women] who add absolutely nothing to a marriage walk away after a few yrs with nearly half of their spouse's life time savings or hard-work.

I think, going forward, pre-nups may be the way out as it places a restraining order upon whoever is involved in it, stopping them from having monumental claims if the marriage resulted in a divorce. It may also be a yardstick for measuring how much love actually exists in your union rather that what can be raked up from life insurance and net worth!

Honestly, I don't know who set that rule that life savings should be split with a wife who hardly knew when I started putting them together. Mel Gibson's wife filing for a $450M suit is absurd to me. I think men should protect their money and investments from some women who appear to love you but in fact are most interested in your wealth, whether in spending it with you or breaking up with you to take their cut.
Re: Pre-nup:what's Your Take? by izeek(m): 8:46am On Jun 25, 2009
@whitelexi,
am not disputing ur claims,
but in this regard, dont you feel theseekers advice comes in handy?
cos pre-nup simply means you dont trust the person you getting married to.

maybe we dont realise that pre-nup was initiated back in the days,
when rich older men decided to marry younger ladies who they were not sure,
where either after thier love or thier pocket.

now when two young couples then decide to settle and be married,
what is the pre-nup for?
incase love goes sour ( means u dint love from the onset)
Re: Pre-nup:what's Your Take? by izeek(m): 8:49am On Jun 25, 2009
@theseeker,
then u have agreed to the fact that hindsight came into play when choosing a wife?
Re: Pre-nup:what's Your Take? by TheSeeker(m): 8:52am On Jun 25, 2009
izeek:

@theseeker,
then u have agreed to the fact that hindsight came into play when choosing a wife?

Choosing a wife is the trickiest thing I can ever think of, so why not watch my back?
Re: Pre-nup:what's Your Take? by izeek(m): 8:58am On Jun 25, 2009
yes it is,
that's y one is adviced not to rush into it.
and when u make a decision base it on the fact that amongst the millions of leeches u saw out there,
she is most likely going to stay with you and work things tru.
that's what a wife is.
the most tolerable woman u ever met.
Re: Pre-nup:what's Your Take? by TheSeeker(m): 9:02am On Jun 25, 2009
izeek:

yes it is,
that's y one is adviced not to rush into it.
and when u make a decision base it on the fact that amongst the millions of leeches u saw out there,
she is most likely going to stay with you and work things tru.
that's what a wife is.
the most tolerable woman u ever met.

To me, I think every woman that wants a man have her reasons. It is not always based on love or whatever. The feelings they have for men are being factorized by some other qualities, one of those qualities I believe to be wealth.
Re: Pre-nup:what's Your Take? by izeek(m): 9:07am On Jun 25, 2009
or prospect, or just the mere fact that she wants a man to call her own.
that's my point exactly, find out why she stays around you.
and if its not for the right reason, she ain't your wife.
u just have to definethe kinda wife u want, and go outthere and find her.

that's y the bible says "he who findeth a wife" finding a wife requires and act of searching, scrutinizing,
and also eliminating until u get the right choice.

take ur time is what u are adviced.
Re: Pre-nup:what's Your Take? by Nobody: 9:13am On Jun 25, 2009
Wetin concern me i go just slide the pre-nup during court marriage as she dey signing mood she might sign it not knowing by the way i don't think the woman has anything to be worried if she doesn't have any ulterior motive.Left to me assassination in Hitman style is cheaper than loosing $400m(insert:sense of humor)
Re: Pre-nup:what's Your Take? by TheSeeker(m): 9:25am On Jun 25, 2009
izeek:

or prospect, or just the mere fact that she wants a man to call her own.
that's my point exactly, find out why she stays around you.
and if its not for the right reason, she ain't your wife.
u just have to definethe kinda wife u want, and go outthere and find her.

that's y the bible says "he who findeth a wife" finding a wife requires and act of searching, scrutinizing,
and also eliminating until u get the right choice.

take ur time is what u are adviced.

I'm still at a gross doubt that I am cut out for marriage, I'll just have kids and leave it that way. What is marriage anyways if not unnecessary bond that gets you in trouble and makes you lose money when all turns sour? What's the difference in having a legally married and living somewhat far from you and having a woman with whom you're not married and lives with you? Marriage is an institution that I still greatly question
Re: Pre-nup:what's Your Take? by TheSeeker(m): 9:28am On Jun 25, 2009
pc guru:

Wetin concern me i go just slide the pre-nup during court marriage as she dey signing mood she might sign it not knowing by the way i don't think the woman has anything to be worried if she doesn't have any ulterior motive.Left to me assassination in Hitman style is cheaper than loosing $400m(insert:sense of humor)

Bad boy! But I can't consider losing $400M to a woman who wasn't there when I was putting my Sh***t together. I gotta take care of that somehow.
Re: Pre-nup:what's Your Take? by Secretz(f): 10:50am On Jun 25, 2009
Ha ha,

I had this convo with a friend recently too. lol
Personally, I don't initially agree with a pre-nup especially when you both come into the marriage with basically nothing. However, I think when people split, the amount of years they were married regardless of the reason for break up should play a role in who gets what and at what percentage. There is no way, I am marrying a man at 26, we both have equal amounts of qualifications and to high standards, but asset wise we have nothing. We build a home and career, he requests I stay at home for the sake of raising the children because he can afford to take care of us. We then die-vorce 30 years later and I leave with nothing because of some stupid pre-nup?

I agree some women are VERY VERY greedy and take the pizz, especially after only being married for 4 years or so compared to those who were married for over 15 years and a built a life and success with that person?

I only agree with pre-nups if someone is extremely rich and has been bitten once before. In circumstances like this, its not a matter of not wanting to trust a person, but not being 100% sure what the person is really after. undecided
Re: Pre-nup:what's Your Take? by TheSeeker(m): 10:58am On Jun 25, 2009
Secretz:

Ha ha,

I had this convo with a friend recently too. lol
Personally, I don't initially agree with a pre-nup especially when you both come into the marriage with basically nothing. However, I think when people split, the amount of years they were married regardless of the reason for break up should play a role in who gets what and at what percentage. There is no way, I am marrying a man at 26, we both have equal amounts of qualifications and to high standards, but asset wise we have nothing. We build a home and career, he requests I stay at home for the sake of raising the children because he can afford to take care of us. We then die-vorce 30 years later and I leave with nothing because of some stupid pre-nup?

I agree some women are VERY VERY greedy and take the pizz, especially after only being married for 4 years or so compared to those who were married for over 15 years and a built a life and success with that person?

I only agree with pre-nups if someone is extremely rich and has been bitten once before. In circumstances like this, its not a matter of not wanting to trust a person, but not being 100% sure what the person is really after. undecided

Classic comment. You just said it, however, most women don't want to start building a home and career. They want a ready-made, ATM-like guy who they can strip off of some of their money in the name of a divorce.
Re: Pre-nup:what's Your Take? by Secretz(f): 11:02am On Jun 25, 2009
TheSeeker:

Classic comment. You just said it, however, most women don't want to start building a home and career. They want a ready-made, ATM-like guy who they can strip off of some of their money in the name of a divorce.

In cases like this, I can never really blame a guy for introducing a pre-nup. It's not about trusting the person. Some people are very good pretenders and would bleed you dry in the end. I am not saying she should leave completely empty handed, but not half of his money and assets, especially not after just a few years of marriage. undecided
Re: Pre-nup:what's Your Take? by Nobody: 11:12am On Jun 25, 2009
Story story.
audience:story
once upon a time
audience:time time
This is the story of a document called prenup.Women never like him.Men felt he was thier saviour.One day prenup saved a man from a brutal women(Gold-digger).the whole men in the city didn't know how to repay prenup so they concluded he'll been invited to any wedding as a reminder of his good deed.Little was known that the a.K.a gold-digger sworn to get her revenge on prenup and all men directly or through her daughters(?).Anyway this is the story of how prenup came to stay.This is the end of my story.
nairaland audience:that story was kick ass.
Secretf:i think i'm in love with pc guru.
Pc guru:bye
scene fades to black.Grammy material
Re: Pre-nup:what's Your Take? by sistawoman: 12:01pm On Jun 25, 2009
But what about the meat and potatoes of the pre-nup?

Like I get x amount of millions if he cheats.

Do you think this deters a person from cheating esp if there is a clause that he has to pay x amount if he seaks divorce first?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ladies:mr Macho Vs Cute Face / Why I Was Suspended From School / Could This Be Lust Or Love?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.