Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,606 members, 7,770,601 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 11:59 AM

DSS Is Recruiting (2016) - Jobs/Vacancies (131) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / DSS Is Recruiting (2016) (954438 Views)

DSS Recruitment / DSS Recruitment Nationwide / DSS Is Recruiting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) ... (324) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by aladeokin1000(m): 10:47pm On Jul 18, 2018
swaggabrown:
Hi everyone. Jst a quick one. Av been following thread from day one and i feel i should contribute my own quarter. I spoke wit a personnel who wrks in the training school in Ojo, Lagos today and he said he had to go ask why the list is being delayed and he was told that there is a promotional exam going on in the same school where successful candidates will resume and this exam will last till early august. So list should be expected either mid August or ending. So plus or minus. August or September will be resumption.
Yeah there is a modicum of truth in this. I heard same but really wish it doesn't tk that long.
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Moh99: 11:06pm On Jul 18, 2018
aladeokin1000:
Yeah there is a modicum of truth in this. I heard same but really wish it doesn't tk that long.
baba god o, we dy ur hand
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Rablaw: 5:21pm On Jul 19, 2018
One good thing about Dss is that, it takes its time to appoint, recruit or employ the best!

Camp Loading........90%

1 Like

Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Fmnoble(m): 5:42pm On Jul 19, 2018
~
Rablaw:
One good thing about Dss is that, it takes its time to appoint, recruit or employ the best!~

Camp Loading........90%

How would they determine you're the best? It is your positive response to intelligence training and drill that would determine how best or competent.

Passing aptitude test or interview are never the best yardsticks for selection.

1 Like

Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Fmnoble(m): 5:43pm On Jul 19, 2018
Rablaw:
~One good thing about Dss is that, it takes its time to appoint, recruit or employ the best!

Camp Loading........90%
~
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by sampsonrichy(m): 6:13pm On Jul 19, 2018
Fmnoble:
~
have the date been announced rablaw
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by jameshow: 4:14pm On Jul 20, 2018
pls like how many cadet per state?
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Jfkanweyest: 5:02pm On Jul 20, 2018
The Lagos training school is occupied with senior officers taking their promotion exams. And they won't be out till 29th of July so any hopes of camp as far as cadets is concerned is from next month God's willing. As for the number of cadets per state. As it stands no one knows for certain at least till the call for camp comes.

1 Like

Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Nobody: 7:40pm On Jul 20, 2018
Jfkanweyest:
The Lagos training school is occupied with senior officers taking their promotion exams. And they won't be out till 29th of July so any hopes of camp as far as cadets is concerned is from next month God's willing. As for the number of cadets per state. As it stands no one knows for certain at least till the call for camp comes.
I thought that was the reason cadets wore white at camp to differentiate the officers from the trainee.. anyways the wait is very tiring, be like na to find something do occupy time rather Dan count clock anymore thanks for the info man. I go follow make my own findings see
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Rablaw: 7:45pm On Jul 20, 2018
My fellow applicants, 5Th August is SACROSANCT.

1 Like

Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Jfkanweyest: 8:00pm On Jul 20, 2018
That isn't the reason for the white. Previous senior officers mostly take their promotion exams at bauchi but this year seems to be different as it is being held in lagos. The white is just the default color for all paramilitary recruits under going training
Kaizer86:

I thought that was the reason cadets wore white at camp to differentiate the officers from the trainee.. anyways the wait is very tiring, be like na to find something do occupy time rather Dan count clock anymore thanks for the info man. I go follow make my own findings see
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Jfkanweyest: 8:11pm On Jul 20, 2018
You probably fell motivated because you were vetted some weeks ago and felt call for camp would be few days after you were Contacted. I was contacted and vetted as far back as the end of February and I'm still waiting just like you. Just be patient the call can come at anytime. It's just a matter of the dg giving the go ahead signal. I can't say for sure the date for camp but what I know is everything is set. Just for go ahead to be given. So just be patient and ready.
Kaizer86:

Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jul 20, 2018
Rablaw:
Uncle ul not give somebody high do in dis thread oo. lmao
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jul 20, 2018
Jfkanweyest:
That isn't the reason for the white. Previous senior officers mostly take their promotion exams at bauchi but this year seems to be different as it is being held in lagos. The white is just the default color for all paramilitary recruits under going training
Bauchi no safe ni.. insurgency high in dat part of the country
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jul 20, 2018
Jfkanweyest:
You probably fell motivated because you were vetted some weeks ago and felt call for camp would be few days after you were Contacted. I was contacted and vetted as far back as the end of February and I'm still waiting just like you. Just be patient the call can come at anytime. It's just a matter of the dg giving the go ahead signal. I can't say for sure the date for camp but what I know is everything is set. Just for go ahead to be given. So just be patient and ready.
I have Concord info soon, m doing my own findings.ima let u know. Thanks for the clarification man appreciate
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Akoria: 9:22pm On Jul 20, 2018
Jfkanweyest:
Could you please Send ur contact to me on this line-09020112866; I will like to chat with u
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by aladeokin1000(m): 10:36pm On Jul 20, 2018
Rablaw:
Lol Rablaw my man. Another fake bomb lmao
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by zanga3(f): 10:58pm On Jul 20, 2018
aladeokin1000:
Lol Rablaw my man. Another fake bomb lmao

aladeokin check your mail.
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Nobody: 11:21pm On Jul 20, 2018
Hey guys I got a semi concrete info.. semi becos only dg knows wen we going for camp everything is set all that's left is dg to decide. So from my findings we may not go to camp till September reason being our Muslim brothers have thier holiday in August middle or ending am not sure of the date so it seems September, Is logical cos prospective agents can't resume camp and be sent home for holidays just weeks later, and yes we will go for holidays, yes we will have some Sundays out of camp, yes we will go for December break from 2nd week. Also we might be one of the luckiest sets in the sense that they have very attractive packages, training gear and bonuses for us this time, I know ryt thank God for new minimum wage lol...then about officers using the camp for promotion training and exams. Doesn't last more than 3weeks, some 1 week some even days so that's not issue. If u filled up the documentation form the job is as good as 80percent urs all that's left is for u to be on the safe and good books avoid any issues.. my own little findings stay safe guys get busy rather than count clock so the call will take u by suprise. But anyone with questions and more info can always drop make the thread lively.. av a nice day

3 Likes

Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by cashville01: 1:43am On Jul 21, 2018
Kaizer86:
Hey guys I got a semi concrete info.. semi becos only dg knows wen we going for camp everything is set all that's left is dg to decide. So from my findings we may not go to camp till September reason being our Muslim brothers have thier holiday in August middle or ending am not sure of the date so it seems September, Is logical cos prospective agents can't resume camp and be sent home for holidays just weeks later, and yes we will go for holidays, yes we will have some Sundays out of camp, yes we will go for December break from 2nd week. Also we might be one of the luckiest sets in the sense that they have very attractive packages, training gear and bonuses for us this time, I know ryt thank God for new minimum wage lol...then about officers using the camp for promotion training and exams. Doesn't last more than 3weeks, some 1 week some even days so that's not issue. If u filled up the documentation form the job is as good as 80percent urs all that's left is for u to be on the safe and good books avoid any issues.. my own little findings stay safe guys get busy rather than count clock so the call will take u by suprise. But anyone with questions and more info can always drop make the thread lively.. av a nice day
very good contribution kaizer we appreciat that....but from my understanding and experience with their way of approach DSS has never let any holiday prevent them from courses,training or assignment..like for example 2016 sets started their camp 2 days after the begining of ramadan fasting.....i could remember i was one of the applicant expecting call...so as we saw ramadan approaching,we then concluded that camp will be after sallah period and we relaxed but we were surprised as some among us got called a day before the begining of fasting to report in 3 days.and by the way they did their sallah inside camp.....its their way,they knows how we think so they will use that i assure you..they will take some of us by surprise......my two cents
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Nobody: 6:56am On Jul 21, 2018
cashville01:
very good contribution kaizer we appreciat that....but from my understanding and experience with their way of approach DSS has never let any holiday prevent them from courses,training or assignment..like for example 2016 sets started their camp 2 days after the begining of ramadan fasting.....i could remember i was one of the applicant expecting call...so as we saw ramadan approaching,we then concluded that camp will be after sallah period and we relaxed but we were surprised as some among us got called a day before the begining of fasting to report in 3 days.and by the way they did their sallah inside camp.....its their way,they knows how we think so they will use that i assure you..they will take some of us by surprise......my two cents

From my little persistent and enquiry thats what I was able to deduct,me myself I don't want it to take that long.. everything rest with the dg Las Las..let's just see how it goes but that's the explanation I got wen I pressed for info. So I thought it wort while to share.. apart from the date which is unknown e
To everyone except oga at the top, the other info go me more gingered, we go make am bro. Good luck guys
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by sampsonrichy(m): 7:22am On Jul 21, 2018
this is really getting tiring I was vetted since 14 February till now no good news 6 months now God please save your people....
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Nobody: 7:51am On Jul 21, 2018
sampsonrichy:
this is really getting tiring I was vetted since 14 February till now no good news 6 months now God please save your people....
Them do u Valentine's day vetting lol... Dss loves u.. stay sharp aleast Dem vett u what of folks that haven't had from Dem after exams or next stage after interview, or even people dat did documentation and wer cancelled out for one reason or the Oda during back ground checks. At least they vetted u so be patient, if u filled documentation form a.k.a employment document ur 80percnt sure just stay outa trouble
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by harunaalh(m): 8:22am On Jul 21, 2018
cashville01:
Please, give me your email address. I want to ask you something private.
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Nobody: 11:48am On Jul 21, 2018
Cadets and detectives parkard men on training

2 Likes

Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by truffle: 12:51pm On Jul 21, 2018
Kaizer86:
I just love this,this has been my dream

1 Like

Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by S2Saidu: 1:49pm On Jul 21, 2018
Hlo guys! just for insight, Pls explain SSS Combat Operatives/Security Protection Officers. Wot category do they fall in ( SIO ASO detectives), are their training different /separately in camp?
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by bm25(m): 7:23pm On Jul 21, 2018
Kaizer86:

Just like the FBI

1 Like

Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Fmnoble(m): 7:34pm On Jul 21, 2018
Kaizer86:

Them do u Valentine's day vetting lol... Dss loves u.. stay sharp aleast Dem vett u what of folks that haven't had from Dem after exams or next stage after interview, or even people dat did documentation and wer cancelled out for one reason or the Oda during back ground checks. At least they vetted u so be patient, if u filled documentation form a.k.a employment document ur 80percnt sure just stay outa trouble

My question is, do you stand a chance of being called to camp if you didn't do documentation or not being vetted at all?
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by aladeokin1000(m): 8:26pm On Jul 21, 2018
zanga3:

aladeokin check your mail.
Sent you a message on WhatsApp
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jul 21, 2018
Fmnoble:

My question is, do you stand a chance of being called to camp if you didn't do documentation or not being vetted at all?
Highly unlikely bro, but dss are unpredictable and unusual in that way they might be checking u out on code, but for this job u have to pass the different stages sumbit app, invite for exams, pass exams, invite for interview,pass interview, invite for documentation, pass documentation then the waiting game and also vetting.. those are the supposed rout in.
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Fmnoble(m): 9:38pm On Jul 21, 2018
OK. Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) ... (324) (Reply)

UBA Aptitude Test: What To Expect? / Sample Of Letter Of Application / Npower Batch C 2020 - How To Apply.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.