Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,054 members, 7,838,666 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:37 AM

Wizkid Stole 'Ojuelegba' From Me- Blackface - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Wizkid Stole 'Ojuelegba' From Me- Blackface (42990 Views)

AY And Ramsey Noah Spots Ojuelegba From 1500 Feets In Dubai / When Banky W Picked Wizkid Up From The Slum, Ojuelegba (Throwback Photos) / Wizkid Stole Ojuelegba Song From Me – Blackface Cries Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wizkid Stole 'Ojuelegba' From Me- Blackface by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jan 23, 2016
Blackberrybabes:
Veteran dancehall act and a former member of the defunct Afro-pop singing trio, Plantashun Boyz, Blackface, has called on fellow musician, Wizkid, to “stop stealing” his songs.
Blackface who spoke exclusively to Saturday Beats , said Wizkid had been copying many of his songs for a long time...
“I never really wanted to talk about it all this while but after people started checking out my new song, Killa, many felt Blackface sounded like Wizkid, which I didn’t like.

“If you check properly, you would realise that Wizkid’s hit, Ojuelegba, sounds exactly the same as the track 13 on my dancehall album released as far back as 2010.
You need to listen to that album to know what I am talking about. The song is so similar that I think it shouldn’t be that way.
“Well, in Killa, I sang that “they tried to copy my melody,” and the bloggers got a hint of the gist and put their reports out. What I said is the truth and I am going to get to the root of this matter because I deserve justice.

“The Ojuelegba song has made so much revenue for Wizkid. I am not bothered about that but I want the industry to be in a position whereby people will understand that some of the artistes and the songs they are cheering is someone else’s efforts, especially fellow artistes that they are doing everything to bring down. All they are doing is to bring down Blackface and to say that he is not relevant in the industry. Some people are bent on killing my legacy. I believe there is definitely a gang-up against me in the industry and this has been going on for a long time,” he said.
Asked if he had taken on Wizkid personally on the matter, the dancehall artiste said he did his best in that regard but that the response from the Star Boy act shocked him.

“There was a time Wizkid followed me on twitter and I told him that I don’t want him taking my songs and that if he wants to do any of my rhythm, he should let me know. I told him that because I was just being a big brother to him. I told him that our songs can’t be sounding so similar and that if he wants anything, he should let me know. But after some time, he ‘unfollowed’ me and it was shortly after then that the Ojuelegba song was released. I don’t have any problem with Wizkid or any other person, all I am saying is that they shouldn’t be tampering with my songs because those are my properties.

“Wizkid and I do different kinds of music and he doesn’t have my type of skill. I don’t have a problem with that. I am only bothered when somebody takes my song and tries to turn it around into theirs without giving me due credit,” he said.
Efforts to reach Wizkid to react to Blackface’s claims proved abortive as his phone numbers were switched off. His manager, Sunday Are, couldn’t be reached as his line was switched off as well.

http://www.blackberrybabes.com/2016/01/wizkid-stole-ojuelegba-from-me-blackface.html

lalasticlala
did blackface grew up in ojuelegba? If no then he is lying
Re: Wizkid Stole 'Ojuelegba' From Me- Blackface by lilnapster(m): 12:10pm On Jan 23, 2016
smileyhmmmmm,,,,end time thief!!!!
Re: Wizkid Stole 'Ojuelegba' From Me- Blackface by akdjr(m): 12:12pm On Jan 23, 2016
I have been searching for the song he claimed Wizkid stole from him "since you have gone" no where to be found even on iTunes where virtually all Artist songs are sold
Re: Wizkid Stole 'Ojuelegba' From Me- Blackface by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jan 23, 2016
wizkid, always been stealing people's music without acknowledging he sampled those tracks.
He copies the melody and put his own words.lol.
I remember his hit track, holla at your boi was sampled from "girls". A song originally recorded by se7en, a south Korean r 'n' b singer.

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid Stole 'Ojuelegba' From Me- Blackface by oluwasegun007(m): 12:37pm On Jan 23, 2016
Hw i fit steal your music black facebecause most of ur ritup usually turn hit....Although we all no say u no sabi sing, but atlist u sabi write
Re: Wizkid Stole 'Ojuelegba' From Me- Blackface by SwtSam(m): 12:38pm On Jan 23, 2016
Ndi mmadu sef!
Re: Wizkid Stole 'Ojuelegba' From Me- Blackface by Dbisector(m): 12:45pm On Jan 23, 2016
Blackface or whiteface, when you started composing song and how come wizkid stole your song, you should stop looking for attention and focus on how to make a comeback like your brother's, or comeout with prof not only accusation.
Re: Wizkid Stole 'Ojuelegba' From Me- Blackface by Teddyg2(m): 1:03pm On Jan 23, 2016
I beg make unna no blame these guy Black Face, the guy want Nigerian to remember him, long time we here of is name, and is only one person we make us remember him that is @Wizkid #Star_Lomo. @Black Face. Wazup guy. lol
Re: Wizkid Stole 'Ojuelegba' From Me- Blackface by Emac34: 1:16pm On Jan 23, 2016
who be black face
Re: Wizkid Stole 'Ojuelegba' From Me- Blackface by Duru009(m): 1:29pm On Jan 23, 2016
This man keep blaming people for his failed music career......

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Stole 'Ojuelegba' From Me- Blackface by guysis(m): 1:31pm On Jan 23, 2016
Bitterleafsoup:
Are you sure?
Now, See his black face!

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Stole 'Ojuelegba' From Me- Blackface by Williflezy(m): 1:33pm On Jan 23, 2016
Na woooooo Blackface abeg go relax.
Re: Wizkid Stole 'Ojuelegba' From Me- Blackface by beblessed(f): 1:42pm On Jan 23, 2016
Ayt27:
Blackface why e be say na only ur song dem dey thief blow. Tuface thief african queen blow, wizkid thief ojuelegba blow(internationally).

You better enter MFM....
...exactly my thoughts embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Wizkid Stole 'Ojuelegba' From Me- Blackface by lifeofkelvino(m): 1:46pm On Jan 23, 2016
Oghumu1:
Blackface might be right. Nobody's reasoning with him, Dammy krane complained of Wizkid stealing his stuff, now blackface. Who has ever complained of Davido stealing his songs? I believe in talent, in no time those with copy and sing will fade away when they have nothing to offer.

Password accused Davido of stealing his GOBE song.......and even davido said he was guilty of the accusation..... So bro. ..SHUT UP OR........

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Stole 'Ojuelegba' From Me- Blackface by TolaniLuv: 2:13pm On Jan 23, 2016
Blackface and other people who accused wiz kid might be right! Wizkid first hit song Holla At Your Boy was stole from a Korean artist I think. Even wiz kid know that he stole that song. No talent arrogant fool.

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid Stole 'Ojuelegba' From Me- Blackface by faruz: 2:31pm On Jan 23, 2016
kennyman2000:
Lol.. When he stole ojuelegba. You should have gone ahead to do ojumushin or ojulekki or ojuajegunle or must it only be ojuelegba. Sit ur ass down and do another oju jooor. Then we'll know u're the boss!

Check my signature for ur customised wristbands.

May God bless our hustle!
....dud3 u funi die.......
Re: Wizkid Stole 'Ojuelegba' From Me- Blackface by faruz: 2:33pm On Jan 23, 2016
TolaniLuv:
Blackface and other people who accused wiz kid might be right! Wizkid first hit song Holla At Your Boy was stole from a Korean artist I think. Even wiz kid know that he stole that song. No talent arrogant fool.
receive sense
Re: Wizkid Stole 'Ojuelegba' From Me- Blackface by IMEAN(m): 2:36pm On Jan 23, 2016
[quote author=Jaideyone post=42242996]and he's just speaking out after close to two years? deluded mind.
side effect of igbo[/quote

You are part of the reason why this country will never make any head way. Get ur selve a common sense, it's not bought.
Re: Wizkid Stole 'Ojuelegba' From Me- Blackface by MrWhaley: 2:57pm On Jan 23, 2016
Okay. I just read through the comments and I noticed a lot of aspersions being casted. People raining insults on the Blackface dude! Now tell me,is this the first time an artiste comes out to accuse Wizkid of 'GrandTheft'?? 2face Idibia said some few days back on Wazobia f.m that the allegations DammyKrane made against Wizkid were true. That Wizkid actually stole DK's song. Now BlackFace comes out saying the same thing and people are raining invectives on him.
It's not actually my business but in every accusation that props up repeatedly, there is an iota of truth. BlackFace said he has evidence. Analyse his evidence before conclusion.
Re: Wizkid Stole 'Ojuelegba' From Me- Blackface by ubcandid(m): 3:02pm On Jan 23, 2016
saxywale:
wizkid, always been stealing people's music without acknowledging he sampled those tracks.
He copies the melody and put his own words.lol.
I remember his hit track, holla at your boi was sampled from "girls". A song originally recorded by se7en, a south Korean r 'n' b singer.

WOW I JUST FOUND THAT OUT NOW....BUT IM DON USE AM BLOW TEY TEY
Re: Wizkid Stole 'Ojuelegba' From Me- Blackface by Bitterleafsoup: 3:56pm On Jan 23, 2016
guysis:

Now, See his black face!
grin
Re: Wizkid Stole 'Ojuelegba' From Me- Blackface by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jan 23, 2016
black face pls protect your head cus wizkid got bottles grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Wizkid Stole 'Ojuelegba' From Me- Blackface by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jan 23, 2016
RandomVic:
This dude self, he's been accused of stealing other people songs as far back as 2010. You people should go listen to Girls by Se7en, tell us if Wiz Kid didn't straight up stole the Se7en's song to create his first major hit 'Holla At Your Boy'. He should get his act together! Intellectual property is a big thing in the developed world.
[size=18pt]TRUE TALK AM STILL SHOCKED JUST FINISH WATCHING THE VIDEO...

WIZKID STOLE HOLLA AT YOUR BOY HANDS DOWN [/size]

3 Likes

Re: Wizkid Stole 'Ojuelegba' From Me- Blackface by Jaideyone(m): 5:51pm On Jan 23, 2016
[quote author=IMEAN post=42252961][/quote]there's something wrong with you upstairs. you need to see a shrink. your comment is so uncalled for. next time don't quote me and exhibit your folly
Re: Wizkid Stole 'Ojuelegba' From Me- Blackface by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jan 23, 2016
Wow I like blackface and sad if it's true
Re: Wizkid Stole 'Ojuelegba' From Me- Blackface by Barigaboy(m): 7:10pm On Jan 23, 2016
Lol du blackface yor, hahaha for real blackface is a good music composer. I remember all d songs he mentioned. M only surprise why blackface plantation boys leader sing sings nyc song but those song no rain. I like d nigga m planing to feature him. I love some of his song but I no go steal dem cos if I do? I go blow fast song like oh my God, Situation, dem hot lol. I watched plantation boys rehearsal where blackface was telling 2 baba to sing out with attitude. Du blackface yuh burn dem
Re: Wizkid Stole 'Ojuelegba' From Me- Blackface by djnonny(m): 11:48pm On Jan 23, 2016
Blackface is my man n him dey laugh nairaland 4 dis lie, who b dis wicked writter wey God 1 punish
Re: Wizkid Stole 'Ojuelegba' From Me- Blackface by TolaniLuv: 12:30pm On Jan 24, 2016
faruz:
receive sense
How?
Re: Wizkid Stole 'Ojuelegba' From Me- Blackface by Revolva(m): 2:07pm On Jan 24, 2016
grin. I pity all dis wanna be newbies in the naija music industry they r all thieves...what BFN is saying is the truth........ok read his lines n you will see he has noting against wizkid
Re: Wizkid Stole 'Ojuelegba' From Me- Blackface by Nobody: 9:10am On Jan 25, 2016
big7:

Plz re-read what you wrote did it make sense to you..(receive sense in Jesus name Amen)
u stupid ooh now tell me what u dint understand? Is it the "joor" or the "kwa" don't blame me for ur lack of understanding. Oya onye ara receive understand tongue
Re: Wizkid Stole 'Ojuelegba' From Me- Blackface by Surestdick(m): 3:46pm On Jan 26, 2016
odepacy:

You are the big fool, that is how you copied all through your secondary school, if you guys don't have anything to say pleas keep your mouth shut
it seems blackface is fucking ur mum or sister becos i dnt knw whats ur bizness with whatever i say...GET A LIFE BRO
Re: Wizkid Stole 'Ojuelegba' From Me- Blackface by Surestdick(m): 3:48pm On Jan 26, 2016
odepacy:

You are the big fool, that is how you copied all through your secondary school, if you guys don't have anything to say pleas keep your mouth shot
it seems blackface is fucking ur mum or sister becos i dnt knw whats ur bizness with whatever i say...GET A LIFE BRO

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Odunlade Adekola's Transformation On The Set Of "Argatha" / Davido: "I Have Been Dating Chioma For 5 Years" / Comedian Bovi Renovates Uniben Staff School - His Primary School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.