Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,651 members, 7,820,261 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:17 PM

Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? (72409 Views)

Pls, I Want To Know About Nigerian Marriage Life. / / Is The Marriage Fake When This Happens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by sonnie10: 6:09pm On Jan 24, 2016
Addicted2Women:
You're the scam i see here.
I've spent all my life in the USA
I'm from Tompkins county in Ithaca New York.
Number 1 : The US embassy carry out a very intense background check on anyone who wants to come to the Us, After the 911, all the borders were tightened up.
You want to tell me the US government can't differentiate between a genuine and fake marriage certificate ??

Number 2 : Don't you know a citizenship can be revoked if the marriage is fraudulent ??
Once his social security number is ran in the system, they will see everything.

Number 3 : Tell us his name & he will be deported next month.

Number 4 : Please, This is a plot to shame Nigerians.
Let he say the name of the alleged husband if this is true.
I practice law in two state, New York and Pennsylvania and I'm a Nigerian.
Please, try this elsewhere

Where did you get married ??
In Ikoyi magistrate court ??
Or in a restaurant ??

Please, Nigerians, don't fall for this scam claiming to be an American

You are 100% correct. As a matter of fact, immigration visa based on marriage is on conditional statues. Meaning you must remain married for the period of condition or you risk deportation. About 3 years period.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jan 24, 2016
Truluvguy:
you think am hungry madam? if you live in Abuja call 08100392181 let me spoil you. check me out on www.yinkslinks.com and i am also well traveled too. olosho

Stfu fool. Call mW and I will spoil u. Broke fool. Well traveled haven't even gone to your village before.
Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by EmperorTayo1864(m): 6:10pm On Jan 24, 2016
What a loss!!!!
Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by tpiar: 6:12pm On Jan 24, 2016
sonnie10:

You are 100% correct. As a matter of fact, immigration visa based on marriage is on conditional statues. Meaning you must remain married for the period of condition or you risk deportation. About 3 years period.

the write up is just full of lies.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by Chazzyboy: 6:13pm On Jan 24, 2016
LAjibade:
I have not seen him again and I have not spoken with him since September 2013, which was only three months after he arrived to America. I did asked him on Facebook but he won't respond.
. I feel for u so sorry if this is a scam

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jan 24, 2016
Hahahah, e pain the ashawo grin grin grin grin grin grin
Sugarhugs:

Stfu fool. Call mW and I will spoil u. Broke fool. Well traveled haven't even gone to your village before.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by sonnie10: 6:16pm On Jan 24, 2016
tpiar:

the write up is just full of lies.

Also they will never send your green to a different address other than the one used when you filed.
Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jan 24, 2016
Truluvguy:
Hahahah, e pain the ashawo grin grin grin grin grin grin

The ashawo still better richer than this broke cheap scammer. Lmao

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by ATERI(m): 6:21pm On Jan 24, 2016
Adeevah:

Publish his name....i will follow him up

The problem with some of these stories is they are rarely as straight-forward as first narrated. But if this is true, it would be nice if you can help this poor woman

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by redcliff: 6:23pm On Jan 24, 2016
ashjay001:
I'm finding it hard to believe ds story, cos d US embassy is too strict abt awarding visas thru marriage to allow ds kind of trumped up cert to pass thru. Might be wrong sha?

its very possible that he gave a fake one. and also its possible he has someone in the court office that can verify his so called "marriage" when the embassy calls. In that Nigeria, there is nothing impossible again i tell you..

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by Wowzer(m): 6:23pm On Jan 24, 2016
I stand with Addicted2Women. This story is fake. Since 2013 till date... You did nothing as a married woman who didn't see her husband after 3 months of reaching U.S. Who does that?

U.S embassy will verify all documents as the certificate on here is fake. It wouldn't even pass screening at first glance.

Op is either a Scammer or Someone with intent to Scam. Your story is baseless and unfounded.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by redcliff: 6:24pm On Jan 24, 2016
sonnie10:

Also they will never send your green to a different address other than the one used when you filed.

are you not reading the guy left after receiving the thing?
Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by cosade(m): 6:24pm On Jan 24, 2016
He wasn't truthful with you and based on that you can petition for his status to be revoked and marked for deportation.

It is better you initiate this action before you are accused of getting involved in scam marriage.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by 2mNaira: 6:26pm On Jan 24, 2016
Truluvguy:
darling its fake. mail me on yinkslinksproperties@rocketmail.com let me show you what the original looks like.

If you have anything to show her.Show her here.Use paint to remive vital info and show her here. That way you will be able to prove iy is not scam.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by karokit(m): 6:30pm On Jan 24, 2016
Hv u ever seen a marriage certificate wt expiring date, let me not call u name, as expose as u re u don't know how a marriage certificate format is. I don't believe dis story

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by Miami11: 6:30pm On Jan 24, 2016
Please poster stay away from all this people giving you their numbers here you will attract another scammer they prey from very far

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by Addicted2Women: 6:32pm On Jan 24, 2016
This is how people disgrace Nigerians. Someone brings a fake news and it will be rushed to the front page.

I know all the laws, cities, counties, states, in the United States of America.
Who ever moved this shiit to front page is calling me ignorant and a retard at the same time.

Delete this topic

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jan 24, 2016
He used you. Get a US attorney to clarify your status for you. Don't rely on Nigeria and Nigerians. They are full of craps.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by DICKtator: 6:33pm On Jan 24, 2016
Jenticles:
It's fake, take heart n move on with ur life. God will definitely punish him someday. love could make u do stupid n crazy things, it's well.

What do you mean by God would punish him and move on?

You better advise her to seek revenge and deal with his arze.
Let him be the scapegoat to others on how not t play with/toy with people!!

grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by DICKtator: 6:33pm On Jan 24, 2016
Omotolu:
He used you. Get a US attorney to clarify your status for you. Don't rely on Nigeria and Nigerians. They are full of craps.

So are you!!!!!

grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by Swints: 6:35pm On Jan 24, 2016
That's a marriage license that you get at the registry before you do the actual wedding where you now sign the marriage certificate. The man probably has the marriage certificate with him that's if you guys actually had the real court ceremony. But to all those shouting fake the license is real o cos I got the same thing before my wedding after which we got the certificate.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jan 24, 2016
DICKtator:

So are you!!!!!

grin grin grin grin
..."so are you"
Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by sonnie10: 6:36pm On Jan 24, 2016
redcliff:

are you not reading the guy left after receiving the thing?

It is illegal not to notify the authorities of any change of address as a green card holder. If he did, then it is on record that he is not living with his spouse which makes it even more of a red flag.
Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by tpiar: 6:37pm On Jan 24, 2016
Addicted2Women:
This is how people disgrace Nigerians. Someone brings a fake news and it will be rushed to the front page

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by Addicted2Women: 6:37pm On Jan 24, 2016
Swints:
That's a marriage license that you get at the registry before you do the actual wedding where you now sign the marriage certificate. The man probably has the marriage certificate with him that's if you guys actually had the real court ceremony. But to all those shouting fake the license is real o cos I got the same thing before my wedding after which we got the certificate.

And you think you can present it to the US embassy and they will issue you a visa ??

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by tpiar: 6:38pm On Jan 24, 2016
redcliff:

its very possible that he gave a fake one. and also its possible he has someone in the court office that can verify his so called "marriage" when the embassy calls. In that Nigeria, there is nothing impossible again i tell you..

are you the op?
Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by Swints: 6:39pm On Jan 24, 2016
Addicted2Women:

And you think you can present it to the US embassy and they will issue you a visa ??
And what makes you think the guy is not with the actual marriage certificate which he presented to the US embassy before he was issued the visa

And the op probably gave an edited version of what went down btw her and the estranged husband. Story is not necessarily fake.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by tpiar: 6:44pm On Jan 24, 2016
s/he is probably just trying to find out if a marriage contracted in the 80s can still be traced, vis a vis the person who said his dad cant remember who he married to get his papers.

blackmail things.
Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by Miami11: 6:44pm On Jan 24, 2016
Addicted2Women:

People lie everyday and some get visa without much detection

He might have slipped through with fake documents, that's not unusual

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Italian Lady Finds Her Biological Mum In Nigeria After 34 Years (Pics, Video) / I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! / Her Husband No Longer Makes Love To Her Because...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.