Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,844 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:50 AM

Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? (72400 Views)

Pls, I Want To Know About Nigerian Marriage Life. / / Is The Marriage Fake When This Happens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by akankemi1(f): 5:41pm On Jan 24, 2016
you guys started d marriage process buh didn't finish it. that document u scanned isn't a marriage certificate, u are supposed to submit it back to the court. it shouldn't be with u.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by Phinagold(f): 5:41pm On Jan 24, 2016
End time marriage
Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by babafirst(m): 5:42pm On Jan 24, 2016
Jenticles:
It's fake, take heart n move on with ur life. God will definitely punish him someday. love could make u do stupid n crazy things, it's well.
Yeah God will definitely punish him.
Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by grandstar(m): 5:43pm On Jan 24, 2016
LAjibade:
Hello everyone. I have a question and was hoping you could shed me some light in a matter. I am in America. I went to Nigeria in 2011 and married my husband. I petition for him in 2012 and he arrived to America in 2013. Three months later he left. He is here in America, just not with me. He just left once he received his social security number, his permanent visa and a job in two months of being here. I haven't heard from him nor seen him again. I been wondering for a long time if my marriage to him is valid. In the marriage license it says it expired in 2013. I don't understand that.

Was our marriage set up or arranged to be temporary? I don't really understand Nigerian law or customs concerning marriage. (I am not Nigerian) I know my husband was rushing me to get him here before that expiration date. I am very confused. I also went to the office of public records here in America and they couldn't find any marital records of me and my husband, nothing. On the back of my marriage license issued in Nigeria, there is a website of marriage records, I entered my name and his name and didn't find anything. It just says no records found. Am I married to him or was it all fake? Can you please help me find out? I'd appreciate it. Even if it was all a scam, I still have Nigeria in my heart and will never have anything against Nigeria and Nigerians. Just my husband. Thank you in advance.

He even tried. My cousin who is a naturalized briton was dumped less than a month.

Such a practice is common with immigrants of all races and nstionalities.

A Lebanese man dumped my inlaw in Nigeria after having 3 kids for him.

Some people are heartless
Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by MisterGrace: 5:44pm On Jan 24, 2016
Find him on all social media via another account.

Pretend to be in love with him by finding and pressing his mumu (foolishness) button.

Once you locate him, get in touch with relevant authorities, Sue him and send his sorry ass to prison or make sure he's deported with immediate effect.

Such idiots are the ones giving Nigeria bad image.

Pls make sure you locate the bastard.

I am sorry you got scammed.
Pls take heart.

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by Riodiao(m): 5:45pm On Jan 24, 2016
*singing* oyibo man I go chop your dollar, I go take your money disappear....
Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jan 24, 2016
What I see is marriage license and not marriage certificate. The license is like a permit for you to marry. When you file your papers for marriage, it is published for specified period. If within the period, there are no objections, you'll be given license to marry. It's only after marriage that you'll be issued with a certificate. Deception is enough grounds for divorce but in this case you were never married.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jan 24, 2016
How could you have fallen for this? Didn't you read the "expiry date" part?

That SH1t doesn't even look like a statutory marriage certificate. He was not even smart but permit me to say that you were too dumb for himundecided
Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by ashjay001(m): 5:48pm On Jan 24, 2016
I'm finding it hard to believe ds story, cos d US embassy is too strict abt awarding visas thru marriage to allow ds kind of trumped up cert to pass thru. Might be wrong sha?

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by reel14: 5:49pm On Jan 24, 2016
I don't know why some behave like this thereby denting our image before women,that's why most women don't like helping struggling guys. Madam I can't really say.
Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by Jengbetiele: 5:50pm On Jan 24, 2016
Report the wicked man to the appropriate quarters please!!!!!!
Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by Adeevah(m): 5:51pm On Jan 24, 2016
LAjibade:
What is "Lawa"?
Meaningless

The certificate is fake dear....just move on

The best will come your way soon
Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by femo86(m): 5:52pm On Jan 24, 2016
Addicted2Women:
You're the scam i see here.
I've spent all my life in the USA
I'm from Tompkins county in Ithaca New York.
Number 1 : The US embassy carry out a very intense background check on anyone who wants to come to the Us, After the 911, all the borders were tightened up.
You want to tell me the US government can't differentiate between a genuine and fake marriage certificate ??

Exactly. ..sounds fake.

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by twilliamx(m): 5:53pm On Jan 24, 2016
Am kinda happy for you. The shame is on him. Anyways this is not a Nigerian marriage certificate or at least not the one I know of but rather looks like the work of a quack printer. Anyways holding on sometimes does more damage than letting go, so let go off the a$$hole so that you can grab on to what is actually yours not the one that pretended to be yours. So congrats. You just found out the truth and the truth shall set you free.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by uyogabie(f): 5:54pm On Jan 24, 2016
I know by now her mail box will be full with mails from nairalanders.Guys will want to their luck.I hope the story is true sha.Hmm..She said she is still in love with nigerians.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by doveda: 5:55pm On Jan 24, 2016
LAjibade:
I have not seen him again and I have not spoken with him since September 2013, which was only three months after he arrived to America. I did asked him on Facebook but he won't respond.

I hope you find someone that would love and cherish you smiley

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by uboma(m): 5:55pm On Jan 24, 2016
Sugarhugs:

LAjibade scam alert o. Don't fail for the second time.

lol
Good warning though.
Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by tpiar: 5:56pm On Jan 24, 2016
LAjibade:
Hello everyone. I have a question and was hoping you could shed me some light in a matter. I am in America. I went to Nigeria in 2011 and married my husband. I petition for him in 2012 and he arrived to America in 2013. Three months later he left. He is here in America, just not with me. He just left once he received his social security number, his permanent visa and a job in two months of being here. I haven't heard from him nor seen him again. I been wondering for a long time if my marriage to him is valid. In the marriage license it says it expired in 2013. I don't understand that.

Was our marriage set up or arranged to be temporary? I don't really understand Nigerian law or customs concerning marriage. (I am not Nigerian) I know my husband was rushing me to get him here before that expiration date. I am very confused. I also went to the office of public records here in America and they couldn't find any marital records of me and my husband, nothing. On the back of my marriage license issued in Nigeria, there is a website of marriage records, I entered my name and his name and didn't find anything. It just says no records found. Am I married to him or was it all fake? Can you please help me find out? I'd appreciate it. Even if it was all a scam, I still have Nigeria in my heart and will never have anything against Nigeria and Nigerians. Just my husband. Thank you in advance.

so what did you use to apply for his visa?

and you also posted someone's name on a public forum, in connection with this story.
Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by Adeevah(m): 5:56pm On Jan 24, 2016
LAjibade:
I have not seen him again and I have not spoken with him since September 2013, which was only three months after he arrived to America. I did asked him on Facebook but he won't respond.

Publish his name....i will follow him up

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by Missy89(f): 5:57pm On Jan 24, 2016
Truluvguy:
darling its fake. mail me on yinkslinksproperties@rocketmail.com let me show you what the original looks like.

lol

another scammer
Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by agarawu23(m): 5:57pm On Jan 24, 2016
The Lady isn't getting it
The guy has the original marriage certificate because without that, he can't get US visa undecided

The one the OP is holding is just like an agreement for them to marry abi na licence I go call am sef.

The op is so dull to know how a marriage certificate should look like? The story might me fake gan undecided

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by wonlasewonimi: 5:59pm On Jan 24, 2016
If you mistakenly get in touch with anybody here, you will get married again and ferry another guy to the US and you will eventually create another thread like this one. Just move on with your life and take this as a lesson.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jan 24, 2016
Op, You too wan scam my brain abi? No way.
Does anyone see her moniker "L. Ajibade"
A yoruba,
(Plus, including tongue) say op na mu·mu, No signature of the registar and the American embassy grant the man visa with that paper.
Chai! My people.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by Addicted2Women: 6:02pm On Jan 24, 2016
Please, ignore this lady.
I want Nigerians who lives in the United States of America to come see this fake shiit.

You will only deceive the people who haven't been to the US embassy.
So, the immigration guys at Walter carrington can't deffrentiate between a fake and genuine marriage certificate ??
You think the United States play with security ??

Scam
Scam
Scam
Scam
Scam

Ignore this fake ass news

15 Likes

Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by penfold(m): 6:04pm On Jan 24, 2016
Addicted2Women:
You're the scam i see here.
I've spent all my life in the USA
I'm from Tompkins county in Ithaca New York.
Number 1 : The US embassy carry out a very intense background check on anyone who wants to come to the Us, After the 911, all the borders were tightened up.
You want to tell me the US government can't differentiate between a genuine and fake marriage certificate ??

Number 2 : Don't you know a citizenship can be revoked if the marriage is fraudulent ??
Once his social security number is ran in the system, they will see everything.

Number 3 : Tell us his name & he will be deported next month.

Number 4 : Please, This is a plot to shame Nigerians.
Let he say the name of the alleged husband if this is true.
I practice law in two state, New York and Pennsylvania and I'm a Nigerian.
Please, try this elsewhere

Where did you get married ??
In Ikoyi magistrate court ??
Or in a restaurant ??

Please, Nigerians, don't fall for this scam claiming to be an American

Minus the insults and personal attacks, this poster has touched on salient points. Provide his detais and you can get him arrested and deported in weeks. Especially if you can prove he got into America on th strength of your marriage to him, which should be very easy.....from records

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by queenfav(f): 6:05pm On Jan 24, 2016
Yomieluv:
The guy is somewhere singing "my helper o,my helper" and you are here calling him"my husband".

He's gone like a candle in the wind. You aren't his wife,just a means to an end.

Move on,forget him.
lwkmd..you are evil..You got me laughing till I had tears in my eyes..Na really "my helper ooo".Madam op,take heart,that paper in your hands would be best used to eat hot oily akara ie its not a marriage certificate!That's clearly a marriage license..You dull sha,no offense!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by cao(f): 6:06pm On Jan 24, 2016
I've never seen a marriage license or certificate, but even I know this is a fake...so how did the American officials who issued his visa not know it was a fake certificate? This your story get k leg...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by tpiar: 6:07pm On Jan 24, 2016
kITATITA:
What I see is marriage license and not marriage certificate. The license is like a permit for you to marry. When you file your papers for marriage, it is published for specified period. If within the period, there are no objections, you'll be given license to marry. It's only after marriage that you'll be issued with a certificate. .

he or she knows all this but just wants to spread some misinformation on nairaland.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! / Italian Lady Finds Her Biological Mum In Nigeria After 34 Years (Pics, Video) / Her Husband No Longer Makes Love To Her Because...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.