Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,457 members, 7,819,669 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:24 PM

Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? (72397 Views)

Pls, I Want To Know About Nigerian Marriage Life. / / Is The Marriage Fake When This Happens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by Portsmouth86(f): 6:54am On Jan 26, 2016
LAjibade:
Portsmouth86 It's so frustrating too, because on the certificate, on the bottom right side, it gives a website one can go to see the records, and I just visited that website and it seems to be down...nonexistence. I will definitely get in contact with immigration lawyers to do an investigation and clarify this once and for all.

Firstly approach the US embassy in Nigeria, see if they can assist, as I'm sure they would want to get this visa revoked which they can trace by his passport/Social security information

Since your not legally married then I don't think a lawyer can do much apart from take your money, this is not good because people like this make it harder for genuine marriages, the majority of Nigerians are very nice people, but that percentage that do bad tarnish the whole population which of course is not nice.

Did you go for marriage counseling prior to the wedding?
Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by Nobody: 7:08am On Jan 26, 2016
Portsmouth86 Nope. I just went to Nigeria alone and with my eyes "blindfolded". Took his word on everything. Yeah, learned my lesson the hard way. Also, he received his permanent visa, I think there is nothing that could be done to get it revoked, because it's the permanent one.
Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by femzy(m): 7:12am On Jan 26, 2016
LAjibade:
Portsmouth86 Nope. I just went to Nigeria alone and with my eyes "blindfolded". Took his word on everything. Yeah, learned my lesson the hard way. Also, he received his permanent visa, I think there is nothing that could be done to get it revoked, because it's the permanent one.
I would still report it as it was obviously fraudulent.
Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by Lexusgs430: 8:50am On Jan 26, 2016
LAjibade:

The marriage certificate could have been changed over the years.
Your husband knew his masterplan, reason he took the marriage certificate upon departure from your marriage institution.
If no kids were involved in this union, simply seek a divorce!!!
The moment he walked away, he was not looking back. He has got what he wanted and simply used you has a tool!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by tpiar: 9:08am On Jan 26, 2016
Op your story is very confusing.

Where are you from originally?
Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by Lexusgs430: 9:16am On Jan 26, 2016
tpiar:
Op your story is very confusing.

Where are you from originally?

She has stated clearly numerous times and pictorially shows an American citizen.
She is an Oyinbo!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by tpiar: 9:26am On Jan 26, 2016
LAjibade:
Portsmouth86 Well this is a poor copy of the certificate. The copy is black and white while the original is green and white, Nigerian colors. Which he took with him

The black and white certificate does not seem to have the same information on it as the green and white one, or is this just me?
Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by tpiar: 9:27am On Jan 26, 2016
Lexusgs430:

She has stated clearly numerous times and pictorially shows an American citizen.
She is an Oyinbo!!!!

Can you suggest what kind of camera was used to take the pictures shown?
Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by tpiar: 9:34am On Jan 26, 2016

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by tpiar: 9:37am On Jan 26, 2016

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by tpiar: 9:37am On Jan 26, 2016
Lexusgs:

Are you a forensic examiner?

No.
Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by Nobody: 9:37am On Jan 26, 2016
tpiar The certificate I have is not the original. Mr. Ajibade has it (the original) in his possession. Though before he left, I took it took it to have it copied, but didn't use colored ink. I hope my explanation is understood
Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by tpiar: 9:41am On Jan 26, 2016

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by tpiar: 9:44am On Jan 26, 2016
LAjibade:
tpiar The certificate I have is not the original. Mr. Ajibade has it (the original) in his possession. Though before he left, I took it took it to have it copied, but didn't use colored ink. I hope my explanation is understood

The copy has some information which is not present on the original.

Eg the occupation "nursing" is on the copy but not on the other.

Any explanation you give for this would be helpful.
Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by Nobody: 9:57am On Jan 26, 2016
It is 2:57 in the night here. I'm going to sleep now. I will be back later on the day........
Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by tpiar: 10:11am On Jan 26, 2016
Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by Nobody: 10:33am On Jan 26, 2016
Portsmouth86:

Firstly approach the US embassy in Nigeria, see if they can assist, as I'm sure they would want to get this visa revoked which they can trace by his passport/Social security information

Since your not legally married then I don't think a lawyer can do much apart from take your money, this is not good because people like this make it harder for genuine marriages, the majority of Nigerians are very nice people, but that percentage that do bad tarnish the whole population which of course is not nice.

Did you go for marriage counseling prior to the wedding?

There's no visa to revoke.
Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by Nobody: 10:44am On Jan 26, 2016
LAjibade:

There's no such thing as s permanent visa.

Even naturalized citizens have had it revoked and deported, so never say never.
Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by Nobody: 11:01am On Jan 26, 2016
EgunMogaji What am saying is that his visa is the 10 year one. It was issued to him May 2013 and it's expiration date is May 2023 as it is written on the visa
Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by Nobody: 11:20am On Jan 26, 2016
LAjibade:
EgunMogaji What am saying is that his visa is the 10 year one. It was issued to him May 2013 and it's expiration date is May 2023 as it is written on the visa

Not true.

He has a 10 year residence permit, not a visa.

Visas are used to enter a country at the port of entry. He's already in with a CR1 visa and what he has now is a residence card.
Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by Portsmouth86(f): 11:31am On Jan 26, 2016
EgunMogaji:

There's no visa to revoke.

Why are you telling me that? I am responding to what the poster originally posted, so wether her husband or fake husband is on a visa currently is not my problem, and to be fair he would have entered on the nonimmigrant visa for a spouse (K-3) whilst waiting for the approval of the immigrant visa petition, which as you stated is conditional.

He disappeared after 2 months of arrival (as stated in the original post)
Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by Nobody: 11:47am On Jan 26, 2016
Portsmouth86:

Why are you telling me that? I am responding to what the poster originally posted, so wether her husband or fake husband is on a visa currently is not my problem, and to be fair he would have entered on the nonimmigrant visa for a spouse (K-3) whilst waiting for the approval of the immigrant visa petition, which as you stated is conditional.

He disappeared after 2 months of arrival (as stated in the original post)

Because there's no visa to revoke. That horse already exited the barn, no need to now lock the barn doors.

Also he would have entered on a CR1, not a K3.
Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by Portsmouth86(f): 11:48am On Jan 26, 2016
LAjibade:

Quote me if I'm wrong but you stated in your original post

"I went to Nigeria in 2011 and married my husband. I petition for him in 2012 and he arrived to America in 2013. Three months later he left. He is here in America, just not with me. He just left once he received his social security number, his permanent visa and a job in two months of being here"

The spouse of a ​U.S.​ citizen who resides in the ​United States​ may be eligible for naturalization on the basis of ​his or her ​marriage​.​ The spouse must ​have continuously resided in the ​United States​ after ​be​coming​ a​n LPR ​for at least three years immediately preceding the date of filing the naturalization application and must have lived in marital union with his or her citizen spouse for at least those three years, to apply for this he would have needed to submit proof of you both cohabiting

So this honestly sounds very strange
Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by Portsmouth86(f): 11:53am On Jan 26, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Because there's no visa to revoke. That horse already exited the barn, no need to now lock the barn doors.

Also he would have entered on a CR1, not a K3.

The K3 allows the spouse to travel to the US whilst waiting for the petition (CR1)
Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by Nobody: 11:56am On Jan 26, 2016
Portsmouth86:

Quote me if I'm wrong but you stated in your original post

"I went to Nigeria in 2011 and married my husband. I petition for him in 2012 and he arrived to America in 2013. Three months later he left. He is here in America, just not with me. He just left once he received his social security number, his permanent visa and a job in two months of being here"

The spouse of a ​U.S.​ citizen who resides in the ​United States​ may be eligible for naturalization on the basis of ​his or her ​marriage​.​ The spouse must ​have continuously resided in the ​United States​ after ​be​coming​ a​n LPR ​for at least three years immediately preceding the date of filing the naturalization application and must have lived in marital union with his or her citizen spouse for at least those three years, to apply for this he would have needed to submit proof of you both cohabiting

So this honestly sounds very strange

OP I think I figured something out on why he might have a 10 year card and why he was adamant about timing.

Please tell me the month and year of your marriage and the month and year that he entered the US. If it's more than two years between those dates he would automatically get a 10 year card. So if he was planning to leave you then he would stay in Nigeria until after two years of marriage. He will then come in and wait to receive his 10 year GC in the mail and then bounce.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by Portsmouth86(f): 11:59am On Jan 26, 2016
EgunMogaji:

OP I think I figured something out on why he might have a 10 year card and why he was adamant about timing.

Please tell me the month and year of your marriage and the month and year that he entered the US. If it's more than two years between those dates he would automatically get a 10 year card. So if he was planning to leave you then he would stay in Nigeria until after two years of marriage. He will then come in and wait to receive his 10 year GC in the mail and then bounce.

Think you got the wrong woman dear, LAjibade is the one with this fake marriage issue I am British and my husband's 100% real I can assure you of that grin
Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jan 26, 2016
Portsmouth86:

The K3 allows the spouse to travel to the US whilst waiting for the petition (CR1)

Hardly used anymore since USCIS reorg. They're processing petitions much faster now.

I'll send OP $20 if her Husband entered on a K3.
Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jan 26, 2016
Portsmouth86:

Think you got the wrong woman dear, LAjibade is the one with this fake marriage issue I am British and my husband's 100% real I can assure you of that grin

Trust me, I know who is who, there's no confusion here. I quoted you to maintain thread process since you brought up a point that I wanted to expand on. And I did say OP.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! / Italian Lady Finds Her Biological Mum In Nigeria After 34 Years (Pics, Video) / Her Husband No Longer Makes Love To Her Because...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.