Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,726 members, 7,809,773 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:38 PM

N900Million Found In Waripamowei Dudafa's Account - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / N900Million Found In Waripamowei Dudafa's Account (26327 Views)

N1.6bn Fraud: I Was Forced To Implicate Jonathan - Dudafa Tells Court / Waripamowei Dudafa Gave Me $4Million Cash Inside Presidential Villa - Witness / EFCC Traces Properties To Dudafa (Lagos & Bayelsa Properties) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

N900Million Found In Waripamowei Dudafa's Account by Apelex(m): 3:17pm On May 30, 2016
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission has recovered N900m from Mr. Waripamowei Dudafa, a former Special Assistant on Domestic Affairs to ex-President Goodluck Jonathan.

A reliable source at the EFCC told our correspondent on Sunday that the money was found in one of Dudafa’s accounts, which was immediately frozen.

The source said, “Dudafa told us that he had no money; so, we began to investigate his accounts. We then found N900m that was hidden in one of his accounts through the connivance of his account officer.

“Dudafa initially denied owning the account but when he was confronted with evidence, he had no choice but to admit. Some people, who had paid money into the account based on Dudafa’s instructions, even came forward to say that the account indeed belonged to Dudafa. The N900m will be used as evidence against him in court.”

Dudafa, who was a close aide to and a kinsman of Jonathan, was arrested on April 18 at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport in Lagos.

The former presidential aide, alongside Jonathan’s ex Aide-de-Camp, Col. Ojogbane Adegbe, was accused of giving N10bn to delegates at the presidential primary of the Peoples Democratic Party in December 2014, in which Jonathan was the only candidate.

The money was allegedly diverted by the Office of the National Security Adviser from a Signature Bonus Account in the Central Bank of Nigeria.

The N10bn is believed to have been diverted from oil receipts as follows: $5m (November 14, 2014); $47m (November 27, 2014); €4m (December 3, 2014) and €1.6m (December 24, 2014).

While Adegbe was arrested but later released, Dudafa was said to have fled to either Dubai or a Caribbean country where he stayed for several months.

However, impeccable sources at the EFCC told our correspondent that Dudafa was arrested by operatives of the Department of State Services upon arrival at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos.

In his Statement of Witness/Accused Person, which had been filed at the High Court of the Federal Capital Territory, embattled former NSA, Col. Sambo Dasuki (retd.), had said the N10bn was given to Ojogbane and Dudafa.

Dasuki had said, “That I am aware in November, I cannot remember the exact date, my office requested the CBN to exchange N10bn from the account of the Office of the National Security Adviser domiciled in CBN. The money was exchanged and $47m and some Euros, which I cannot remember the exact amount, were delivered at my residence.

“The money was for delegates that attended the nomination convention for the PDP presidential nomination. The money was paid and sent to Hon. Dudafa (SSAP, Household) and ADC(C-I-C) for distribution on the instruction of the President.”

http://www.punchng.com/n10bn-pdp-gift-efcc-recovers-n900m-jonathans-kinsman/

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: N900Million Found In Waripamowei Dudafa's Account by coolitempa1(f): 3:18pm On May 30, 2016
Just about everyone associated with GEJ was in for the money...no wonder he failed abysmally.....may we never be cursed with such an ineffectual buffoon again.... angry angry....God bless Nigeria

270 Likes 10 Shares

Re: N900Million Found In Waripamowei Dudafa's Account by HungerBAD: 3:18pm On May 30, 2016
GEJ? the way this man squandered Nigeria's wealth among a few is staggering.

For those supporting this Man, please do a soul searching thing.

Tell me where you think GEJ belongs to.

(A) Prison

(B) Prison

(C)Prison

Pick an answer please.

206 Likes 12 Shares

Re: N900Million Found In Waripamowei Dudafa's Account by ORACLE1975(m): 3:20pm On May 30, 2016
Hahahahaha I love this country no be small grin grin grin grin

Dem no dey chop small na BIG BIG chop dem dey chop

I hand over to you guys

Am sure justice must happened.

19 Likes

Re: N900Million Found In Waripamowei Dudafa's Account by Babacele: 3:35pm On May 30, 2016
hmmm.

1 Like

Re: N900Million Found In Waripamowei Dudafa's Account by Nobody: 3:36pm On May 30, 2016
Some people will come and say lies and lies as if they are as fresh as that dude on that picture.

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: N900Million Found In Waripamowei Dudafa's Account by crazymommy(f): 3:40pm On May 30, 2016
Some people are stealing the money meant for the development of your country and u will still some idiots playing politics with their lives and supporting all this theives,some of those idiots are on Nairaland and some of them are still feeding under their parents at the age of 40...like the mumu below..

113 Likes 2 Shares

Re: N900Million Found In Waripamowei Dudafa's Account by PRYCE(m): 3:42pm On May 30, 2016
The usual Lies...

We'll wait till the Dullard eventually fulfills his latest promise!... The one he chickened out of on May 29.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: N900Million Found In Waripamowei Dudafa's Account by tit(f): 3:46pm On May 30, 2016
what is the offence?
is it a crime to own 900 million naira?

17 Likes

Re: N900Million Found In Waripamowei Dudafa's Account by Lilprincey(m): 3:53pm On May 30, 2016
900million? That money is enough to build a university o

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: N900Million Found In Waripamowei Dudafa's Account by Greatfuture: 3:53pm On May 30, 2016
I want to believe that GEJ trusted this persons,that they will use the money giving to them for the purpose it was meant for which is the election, no wonder he lost,they rather helped themselves and messed him up. If not, if they had used the money for the election where are they getting money to refund.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: N900Million Found In Waripamowei Dudafa's Account by Nobody: 3:55pm On May 30, 2016
tit:
what is the offence?
is it a crime to own 900 million naira?
ever since ur hero lost....u'v bn an agent of d bad side

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: N900Million Found In Waripamowei Dudafa's Account by franchizy(m): 3:58pm On May 30, 2016
APC and zombies can keep lying. we ate used to their lies. This is just to buy sympthy because of PMB failures in one year in office.
We Nigerians cant be fooled. This news is as fake as APC.

IPOB YOUTH.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: N900Million Found In Waripamowei Dudafa's Account by krasican(m): 4:01pm On May 30, 2016
shocked shocked
Re: N900Million Found In Waripamowei Dudafa's Account by tit(f): 4:32pm On May 30, 2016
skaksuzzy:
ever since ur hero lost....u'v bn an agent of d bad side

are you still under a spell?
smell the tomato

6 Likes

Re: N900Million Found In Waripamowei Dudafa's Account by sammyj: 5:17pm On May 30, 2016
What should we expect from his pay clueless master's account if the so called official house boy by virtue of his post as the domestic personal assistant has this kind of huge amount in his account. Gid help and bless Nigeria! !! shocked grin shocked

2 Likes

Re: N900Million Found In Waripamowei Dudafa's Account by free2ryhme: 5:18pm On May 30, 2016
Re: N900Million Found In Waripamowei Dudafa's Account by Apelex(m): 5:18pm On May 30, 2016
Government of cover up...always feeding the public wit news Like this to distract them from the fact that dey are doing nothing.....

FP grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: N900Million Found In Waripamowei Dudafa's Account by free2ryhme: 5:18pm On May 30, 2016
The reason why some Nigerians saying Buhari fight against corruption is selective
have a very good case. Bank CEO are being arrested for having stolen money in their Banks but here is the custodian (the CBN Governor) dishing out Federation money with abandonment. Where is the actual change?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: N900Million Found In Waripamowei Dudafa's Account by weblord1900: 5:18pm On May 30, 2016
unqualified lies

2 Likes

When will EFCC arrest d CBN Gov.?

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: N900Million Found In Waripamowei Dudafa's Account by Nobody: 5:19pm On May 30, 2016
How these men claim to serve God still baffles me.. With thiose fake pastors they associate with

4 Likes

Re: N900Million Found In Waripamowei Dudafa's Account by modath(f): 5:19pm On May 30, 2016
Greatfuture:
I want to believe that GEJ trusted this persons,that they will use the money giving to them for the purpose it was meant for which is the election, no wonder he lost,they rather helped themselves and messed him up. If not, if they had used the money for the election where are they getting money to refund.

They knew he was going to lose so there was no point, they just didn't know EFCC was going to go real hard ball on their asses..

You also need to realise, they stole in billions..

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: N900Million Found In Waripamowei Dudafa's Account by deebsman1(m): 5:19pm On May 30, 2016
and dis pipu dey blame Buhari.......is it not obvious that anybody that criticizes Buhari and APC is not doing so on basic common sense?

21 Likes

Re: N900Million Found In Waripamowei Dudafa's Account by DickDastardly(m): 5:19pm On May 30, 2016
Why is nobody looking in buharis allies accounts

1 Like 1 Share

Re: N900Million Found In Waripamowei Dudafa's Account by Big4wig(m): 5:19pm On May 30, 2016
Almost a Billion naira nawa o, while me the only exercise this month ive done is running out of money..All politicians r thieves abeg dats y i want another relay race from The man who trekked from Lagos to Abuja for Buhari after sayin he's regretting his action.

Brother you must trek from Abuja back to Lagos to balance the equation
Then we can talk about regrets!!!!! ..#HappyDemocracyday

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: N900Million Found In Waripamowei Dudafa's Account by LesbianBoy(m): 5:19pm On May 30, 2016
Its actually N900trillion that was found! Stoopid people! God punish buhari, efcc and lastly buhari's supporters especially the ones here on nairaland undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: N900Million Found In Waripamowei Dudafa's Account by aminho(m): 5:20pm On May 30, 2016
Hmm
Re: N900Million Found In Waripamowei Dudafa's Account by idupaul: 5:20pm On May 30, 2016
PUSH1:
Some people will come and say lies and lies as if they are as fresh as that dude on that picture.

That dude is fat not fresh
Re: N900Million Found In Waripamowei Dudafa's Account by Standing5(m): 5:20pm On May 30, 2016
Lilprincey:
900million? That money is enough to build a university o
which kind of uni?

1 Like

Re: N900Million Found In Waripamowei Dudafa's Account by KelvinC1(m): 5:20pm On May 30, 2016
tit:
what is the offence? is it a crime to own 900 million naira?
bae i like ya reply bbm or WhatsApp?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Major Erasmus, A Soldier Killed In Borno By Boko Haram (pics) / Buhari Looks Like Jonathan - Jamila Abubakar / Cross River Workers Unhappy With May Salary Advance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.