Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,701 members, 7,820,448 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:05 PM

Shehu Sani Distributes Transistor Radio In Kaduna - Photos - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shehu Sani Distributes Transistor Radio In Kaduna - Photos (27325 Views)

Senator In The North Empowers his people With Transistor Radio / Shehu Sani Distributes Transformers And Solar Panels To Constituents / Shehu Sani Distributes N15 Million Camels, Foodstuff To His Constituents (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shehu Sani Distributes Transistor Radio In Kaduna - Photos by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jan 25, 2016
247notire:
You still haven't cleared the air sir. Do you know the meaning of the word enlightened? Lemme help u out.

having or showing a rational, modern, and well-informed outlook.
"the more enlightened employers offer better terms"
synonyms: informed, aware, educated, knowledgeable, learned, wise, literate, intellectual, tutored, illuminated,

After reading your various comment on this issue of radio, I just concluded
that it is a waste of time dealing with you.
I don't see any reason why you couldn't get the point.

FYI
The radio also provide ALL (except for "literate"wink of the synonyms as provided by you
Re: Shehu Sani Distributes Transistor Radio In Kaduna - Photos by Thatitan234(m): 12:59pm On Jan 25, 2016
olapluto:
In an age where 6 year olds are accessing information via internet, a senator is repressing his people with an obsolete radio.

And can an average northerner access the internet??

What you need is far unrelated to what this people need.

And please enlighten yourself, a radio isn't obsolete and never will be.

P.S. Read more about "felt and un-felt needs" in rural sociology
Re: Shehu Sani Distributes Transistor Radio In Kaduna - Photos by 247notire(m): 1:02pm On Jan 25, 2016
dason4life:

After reading your various comment on this issue of radio, I just concluded
that it is a waste of time dealing with you.
I don't see any reason why you couldn't get the point.

FYI
The radio also provide ALL (except for "literate"wink of the synonyms as provided by you
What point oga? Ur not making any sense plus ur diction is quite poor. Stop using words out of context and learn to take corrections. An average hausa man may be abreast of happenings around him bit using the word enlightened and saying that such a radio tottering mam is more enlightened than an MSc holder is a very ignorant claim. Bye Mr...

1 Like

Re: Shehu Sani Distributes Transistor Radio In Kaduna - Photos by bigabbey: 1:10pm On Jan 25, 2016
He should have set up a radio producing factory since there is market for transístor radio.

1 Like

Re: Shehu Sani Distributes Transistor Radio In Kaduna - Photos by omenka(m): 1:14pm On Jan 25, 2016
olapluto:
In an age where 6 year olds are accessing information via internet, a senator is repressing his people with an obsolete radio.
Re: Shehu Sani Distributes Transistor Radio In Kaduna - Photos by OBAGADAFFI: 1:28pm On Jan 25, 2016
Emekamex:
->The senator should have invested in helping Hausa learn how to use the internet and close the huge gap they have with the southern folks.
->Radios are gradually becoming outdated and might likely not exist in the next century.

Northerners do not joke with Radios especially BBC Hausa services.

1 Like

Re: Shehu Sani Distributes Transistor Radio In Kaduna - Photos by skare: 1:28pm On Jan 25, 2016
Abeg tellam 2 add finger batteries. Yeye pipo
Re: Shehu Sani Distributes Transistor Radio In Kaduna - Photos by JohnsonEmma(m): 1:33pm On Jan 25, 2016
She say make i write say 'Tell' say na good thing.
Re: Shehu Sani Distributes Transistor Radio In Kaduna - Photos by seunowokade(m): 1:44pm On Jan 25, 2016
I hope you go dey dash them battery every week?
Re: Shehu Sani Distributes Transistor Radio In Kaduna - Photos by mmsen: 1:48pm On Jan 25, 2016
olapluto:

It's true what you say but we need to remember that education has been completely neglected in that part of the country.

What good is the internet when the population in the north is illiterate?
Re: Shehu Sani Distributes Transistor Radio In Kaduna - Photos by mmsen: 1:49pm On Jan 25, 2016
OBAGADAFFI:

Northerners do not joke with Radios especially BBC Hausa services.

Notice how you mentioned BBC Hausa.

Why BBC? Are they not capable of producing their own radio stations?

1 Like

Re: Shehu Sani Distributes Transistor Radio In Kaduna - Photos by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jan 25, 2016
chronos:
How dem wan take hear wetin the radio dey talk on top empty belle
grin person dey hungry no mean say e ear tie wrapper naa cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy angry

1 Like

Re: Shehu Sani Distributes Transistor Radio In Kaduna - Photos by Impulse80(m): 1:55pm On Jan 25, 2016
dason4life:
Honestly, that is a good move considering the fact that the Transistor
Radio is almost a part of their culture.
Jesters should realise that an Average Northern is more enlightened than
a Msc graduate in the other region in Nigeria
. . .courtesy of the RADIO.

Food For Thought
Why do you think BBC do broadcast in Hausa Language?

Information is Potential Power

SMH!

Re: Shehu Sani Distributes Transistor Radio In Kaduna - Photos by mmsen: 2:07pm On Jan 25, 2016
dason4life:

Food For Thought

You're talking nonsense.

How can you argue that a region where idiots will join Boko Haram; engage in senseless rioting when someone offends their religion abroad; or are so bound by their foolish religion that they will refuse to send their children to school but rather send them out on the streets to beg are in anyway 'enlightened'?
Re: Shehu Sani Distributes Transistor Radio In Kaduna - Photos by OBAGADAFFI: 2:11pm On Jan 25, 2016
mmsen:

Notice how you mentioned BBC Hausa.

Why BBC? Are they not capable of producing their own radio stations?

BBC Hausa service broadcast global news in the local Hausa language.

This means most Northerners don't need to learn English to get latest global new and information from international broadcaster like the BBC.

No serious Northern Politician ignore the BBC Hausa service.
http://www.bbc.com/hausa

1 Like

Re: Shehu Sani Distributes Transistor Radio In Kaduna - Photos by prettyboi1(m): 2:15pm On Jan 25, 2016
Lol...a lot of times,people don't see long-term visions because they only think about now and now only. The people criticising Senator Sani and calling radios 'obsolete' are missing the point. Look,information is power and no matter how you see it, this helps those folks learn more about the country in the long-term. Why do you think the average rural dweller from the northern part of Nigeria knows a bit about what goes on in politics and government... no matter how unlearned he/she may be? It's things like this that open them up to knowing about politics and governance...probably even more than other parts of Nigeria. Tomorrow, the folks calling these 'radios' obsolete' would say Nigerians from the north like power too much and don't want to take the back seat in governance. Lol.
Let's all open up our minds.

God Bless Nigeria. Amen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shehu Sani Distributes Transistor Radio In Kaduna - Photos by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jan 25, 2016
mmsen:

You're talking nonsense.

How can you argue that a region where idiots will join Boko Haram; engage in senseless rioting when someone offends their religion abroad; or are so bound by their foolish religion that they will refuse to send their children to school but rather send them out on the streets to beg are in anyway 'enlightened'?

For the fact that they behave in an awkward manner won't deny the the fact that they are enlightened.
Mind you, to be educated is different from being enlightened.

To Be Enlightened means - To possess greater knowledge or understanding of a situation (Good or Bad)
To Be Educated means - To possess Intellectual, Moral or Social Instruction

While the former may be misleading or delivered wrongly, Education is a more guided form of knowledge
and in accordance to moral principle.

SUMMARY
They are more enlightened
grin grin grin
Re: Shehu Sani Distributes Transistor Radio In Kaduna - Photos by Nobody: 2:35pm On Jan 25, 2016
prettyboi1:
Lol...a lot of times,people don't see long-term visions because they only think about now and now only. The people criticising Senator Sani and calling radios 'obsolete' are missing the point. Look,information is power and no matter how you see it, this helps those folks learn more about the country in the long-term. Why do you think the average rural dweller from the northern part of Nigeria knows a bit about what goes on in politics and government... no matter how unlearned he/she may be? It's things like this that open them up to knowing about politics and governance...probably even more than other parts of Nigeria. Tomorrow, the folks calling these 'radios' obsolete' would say Nigerians from the north like power too much and don't want to take the back seat in governance. Lol.
Let's all open up our minds.

God Bless Nigeria. Amen.

Thank God you are among the few that saw the truth.
Re: Shehu Sani Distributes Transistor Radio In Kaduna - Photos by mmsen: 2:39pm On Jan 25, 2016
dason4life:

For the fact that they behave in an awkward manner won't deny the the fact that they are enlightened.
Mind you, to be educated is different from being enlightened.

To Be Enlightened means - To possess greater knowledge or understanding of a situation (Good or Bad)
To Be Educated means - To possess Intellectual, Moral or Social Instruction

While the former may be misleading or delivered wrongly, Education is a more guided form of knowledge
and in accordance to moral principle.

SUMMARY
They are more enlightened
grin grin grin

Child marriage is not the behavior of an enlightened being.

Boko Haram is not enlightened.

Rioting because of a lost election is not enlightened.

Child begging is not enlightened.

Illiteracy is not enlightened.

Unless you are arguing that the destructive northern elite who seem content to use the average northerner as a pawn in their game is 'enlightened' then what you have argued makes no sense.

1 Like

Re: Shehu Sani Distributes Transistor Radio In Kaduna - Photos by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jan 25, 2016
mmsen:

Child marriage is not the behavior of an enlightened being.

Boko Haram is not enlightened.

Rioting because of a lost election is not enlightened.

Child begging is not enlightened.

Illiteracy is not enlightened.

The Word "Enlight" only covers a specific situation.
I can be enlightened in Football matters but very poor in Management.
But if am educated, it is expected of me to possess knowledge in all
spheres.
The reason why the hausas engage in those vices is due to their lack of
education. But they are so enlightened in their religious affairs (They learnt
that killing an enemy will make them get 7 virgins in heaven . . . But Yoruba muslims
will deny the fact . . .)
Re: Shehu Sani Distributes Transistor Radio In Kaduna - Photos by Decentad2705(m): 2:51pm On Jan 25, 2016
Everybody knw dat as bag is 4 Jehovah witness dat is hw radio is 2 aboki aleast dis senator dey do somtin come to my state ondo north senatorial district Boroffice no do anytin bad road no empowerment is only senator to is house, I hear now he dey constest 4 Gov if no be say does old mama and papa want change just dey press apc during last election I don't knw hw dat old white man go win. Again away thanks toooo you our amiable senator plss advise Ajayi boroffice wen u get 2 una red chamber and thank 2 our president
Re: Shehu Sani Distributes Transistor Radio In Kaduna - Photos by Decentad2705(m): 2:58pm On Jan 25, 2016
dafuturis:
Olodo senator
Everybody knw dat as bag is 4 Jehovah witness dat is hw radio is 2 aboki aleast dis senator dey do somtin come to my state ondo north senatorial district Boroffice no do anytin bad road no empowerment is only senator to is house, I hear now he dey constest 4 Gov if no be say does old mama and papa want change just dey press apc during last election I don't knw hw dat old white hair man go win anyway thanks toooo you our amiable senator plss advise Ajayi boroffic. Tnk to ur President d oly president after 30 years

1 Like

Re: Shehu Sani Distributes Transistor Radio In Kaduna - Photos by MrALIVE: 2:59pm On Jan 25, 2016
Though I don't like this gesture at all but I disagree with the notion that radio is obsolete..how can you say radio is obsolete when we still have vibrant radio stations scattered all over the place and radio is still a vital means of disseminating information
Re: Shehu Sani Distributes Transistor Radio In Kaduna - Photos by mbeheddy: 3:02pm On Jan 25, 2016
dason4life:

Food For Thought

Yes, they are more enlightened than some M.Sc degree holder like those that got their degrees from the school you got yours from grin
Re: Shehu Sani Distributes Transistor Radio In Kaduna - Photos by mmsen: 3:07pm On Jan 25, 2016
dason4life:

The Word "Enlight" only covers a specific situation.
I can be enlightened in Football matters but very poor in Management.
But if am educated, it is expected of me to possess knowledge in all
spheres.
The reason why the hausas engage in those vices is due to their lack of
education. But they are so enlightened in their religious affairs (They learnt
that killing an enemy will make them get 7 virgins in heaven . . . But Yoruba muslims
will deny the fact . . .)

enlightened ►

adj.
educated
or informed
adj.
Made aware
of something
adj.
Freed
from illusion

You have a poor grasp of English.
Re: Shehu Sani Distributes Transistor Radio In Kaduna - Photos by diegwu01: 3:14pm On Jan 25, 2016
why do i feel this story is a big lie?
Who would have supplied him 100,000 radios? 1000 sounds somewhat possible but 100000 shocked shocked
Assuming each unit costs N500, it means this senator just doled out 50million Naira on transistor radios? from his salary or savings.
Re: Shehu Sani Distributes Transistor Radio In Kaduna - Photos by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jan 25, 2016
mmsen:

enlightened ►

adj.
educated
or informed
adj.
Made aware
of something
adj.
Freed
from illusion

You have a poor grasp of English.

THANKS FOR THE COMPLIMENT
I guess you are a First Class Graduate who studied English Language in Oxford University?
Re: Shehu Sani Distributes Transistor Radio In Kaduna - Photos by matrix75: 5:29pm On Jan 25, 2016
Empowering the Chinese economy is this era if scares foreign exchange
Re: Shehu Sani Distributes Transistor Radio In Kaduna - Photos by Morenzy15: 6:10pm On Jan 25, 2016
This senator is not serious. Transistor radio in this digital age where you get the best information online. This senator will be calling this an achievement to his senatorial district.
Morenzy Business Classic is still making it easy for it customers to get the best items they wanted and get delivered to their doorstep. For your best and unique wristwatches, Handsome Up penis enlargement device, Infinix zero 2 phone, Tecno phantom pad II Tablet, Car Tire Inflators, Selfie sticks, portable and foldable hair dryers, portable hand sewing machines, mosquito killer lamp, Teeth whitening pen, Mens' slimming tummy/body shaper, female tummy clincher, Instant Breast Lift for women, and a whole lots of other items. Quickly place your order in any of our online store now; /morenzy-business-classic, www.kaymu.com.ng/seller/morenzy-business-classic. You can also call any of our business lines on 08028930179, 08068168250. We deliver nationwide within just 3-5 days on pay on deliver
Re: Shehu Sani Distributes Transistor Radio In Kaduna - Photos by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jan 25, 2016
vivianblog:
The Senator Representing Kaduna Central, Shehu Sani, on Sunday in Kaduna commenced the distribution of (100, 000) one hundred thousand transistor radio sets in seven local government areas under his senatorial district.

He said the gesture was to raise the political consciousness the people and have more access to information on what is happening within and outside their localities.

“We come from the part of the country where the major and most important source of information is the radio.

“Radio is an empowerment, a form of education and enlightenment. It enables people to have access to information and also have an opportunity to express themselves,” he said.

According to him, radio has for decades been the only medium where people in the North get better informed. “I am sharing it to downtrodden within the cities and the rural areas so that they would be abreast with what is happening within their own locality, national and state “he said.

Senator Sani told journalists that the national body of APC has already invalidated his suspension from the party and advised the two parties to avoid any form of attack and counter attack.

“I have instructed all my supporters and followers to abide by this, but unfortunately, some people are capitalizing on the crisis for their own monetary gains.

“I am saying it in clear terms that as far as I am concerned we would abide by what the national body says,” he said.

According to him, he would remain in APC as long as President Buhari is still in the APC, “because Buhari is APC,”

He said as Chairman, Senate Committee on Foreign and Domestic Debt and also vice chairman, Senate Committee on Foreign Affairs, he would continue to call on nations which Nigeria has diplomatic relations with to assist the fight on corruption by returning money looted from Nigeria.

Source http://www.viviangist.com/sen-shehu-sani-distributes-100-000-transistor-radio-in-kaduna-photos

then what are they talking about that David Mark has not done anything for the people of Benue South? what is actually job description of a senator?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ayiri Emami Welcomes The Olu Of Warri To His Community - Photos / Dino Melaye VS Smart Adeyemi: INEC Releases Date For Fresh Election / Northern Muslim Elders To Asari Dokubo: Go And Read Your History

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.