Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,115 members, 7,818,324 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:42 PM

Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? (23017 Views)

Do Catholics Worship Statues? | Catholic Answers / Toni Payne Blasts Chris Okotie For Saying "All Catholics Will Go To Hell" / Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? by pilgrim1(f): 9:45pm On Sep 13, 2007
cgift:

Pilgrim, they'he has set a bait for you, you are falling for it.

Lol, cgift. . . why you dey panic? grin  They who suppose that they set a bait for pilgrim.1 are the very ones who have fallen into it.

What he does not realize is that he's led himself into this unfortunate adventure in order to draw me out to exchange words with him. Where he did not achieve that, he becomes more vitriolic - thus showing you what Catholics actually are in their true colour. grin  I only wanted him to exhaust himself and make the case so well established for his brethren to come back and read. This is how exactly a "Catholic born-again" behaves. grin
Re: Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? by pilgrim1(f): 9:50pm On Sep 13, 2007
orobo 50cl:

Ode omo, Who give you work for office? Oloshi ashiere! You de office and you de spend the whole day for internet de post xenophobic nonsense. Which kin yeye office be that whey de go de allow kolo like you de siddon for computer no achieve anything for office and end of month, you go follow them collect salary say i don work! Useless ghostworker. Or maybe the office you de work na where all the anti-catholic jezebels de do research for you and na your big head go assimilate everything come write for net. I no blame you! Na the yeye organization wey recruit you to de misyan against catholics na im i blame. Eyin were!

More. . . you don belleful? grin

orobo 50cl:

Also the nonsense about biting my fingers till it bleeds, is another lame and feeble attempt. Maybe na your mensturation period wey you de now, na im de block your brain to de think well. Hopeless idiot. Hope you don't bleed to death, so that you still have small strenght to spew the religious nonsense that we are accustomed to.

So if you no be catholic, wetin you de find for this thread. You think say u fit come yan nonsense about catholics come wan run go! Oloshi why you wan run. Shebi catholics no good abi? As long as you remain on this thread, na swear go de follow you all the days of your life. Anything you yan about catholics, we gree. But you wey no get religion follow, come get big mouth to de insult other people wey get abi? Both you and where you de worship, e no go better for una. E ma gbi na. Anything wey u put your mind to go fail as long as you get the iota of humilating catholics for your mind.

Useless xenophobic wor wor animal. grin

I hear - all this na "Catholic born-again" experience shé? Lol. . . I no run go nowhere. I'm just watching to see how far Catholic spirit has developed in your blood. Any more? grin
Re: Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? by pilgrim1(f): 10:04pm On Sep 13, 2007
orobo 50cl:

She takes pride in dealing with people till " they nurse their bruises" and i should go and ask my other catholic brethrens not to take her lightly.

pilgrim.1:

@lawyer,
. . .

This is the greatest mistake you will ever make on Nairaland! grin  You don't address pilgrim.1 that way - never! Go and ask those who are still nursing their bruises for attempts, and they will advise you to wise up!

Lol. . . I know right from the onset - you dey reveal yourself small-small. grin
Re: Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? by orobo50cl(m): 10:08pm On Sep 13, 2007
@cgift

thus showing you what Catholics actually are in their true colour

Cgift, shey you see why i de insult this girl? The idiot no fit face me, but go de hide under the banner of "what catholics actually are in their true colour". Why she de fear tackle me. Na because the fool get so much beef with catholics, she no know wetin she go de talk again if she no mention the word catholic for every sentence she vomit from hin mouth.

This is how exactly a "Catholic born-again" behaves.

Cgift, to further butress my point, you see her senility in humilating and ridiculing other catholics? Wetin the other catholics do am. Na me de yab am, but she de dodge, come de insult them again and you want make i de look am de go.

@ pilgrim aka xenophobic bigot

You see as you de show your self and your incurable appetite to de humilate catholics, haaaaaaaaa! I  don tell you before, once a xenophobic, forever a xenophobic. Na me de yab you say " you no get sense" but you de run go back blame other catholics. Shey Catholic na your land lord before when drive you commot your house because you no fit pay rent, na the reason you de beef catholics? grin or one catholic, don knack you before, come give you belle, na im you de beef am come carry am untop all catholics?

Your xenophobic foolishness keeps on amazing me and i know say the person wey don swear for you make you de beef catholics don die, unless we for go beg for you, oloshi omo ale grin

As long as you de misyan about catholics, the more i go de shepe for you, your family and anybody wey de connected to you. You no see other people like pastor and cgift whey de bring out salient points about catholicism? Na only you this were and first class jezebel, go de turn am to ridicule. Mo wan le fun e! olori buruku.

Continue to de misyan against catholics and de dodge me. Stupid Arrow! I hope you de see how e de sweet when you go de humilate catholics and de go sleep for night say you don achieve something. Well the carts have turned and that bruise wey other catholics de nurse say dem fear you, you go show me today, Anofia grin
Re: Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? by orobo50cl(m): 10:17pm On Sep 13, 2007
haaaaaaa! This ode no go use laugh finish me. You think say i be lawlyer and you de refer me to one post. No be only lawyer, na judge you for write. Oloshi were. Very soon, you go say na ebo na im de yab you, and when your head don spin finish, you go say na the whole nairaland de yab you. You this goat. No face me o! De find excuse say i be another person. Craze person grin

You no know who to yab again. You don change from me to catholics to lawer and in the next 10 minutes you go say na mukina. Na now i know say you don craze before and you still de displace your madness for public. Asinwin
Re: Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? by pilgrim1(f): 10:22pm On Sep 13, 2007
orobo 50cl:

Cgift, shey you see why i de insult this girl? The idiot no fit face me, but go de hide under the banner of "what catholics actually are in their true colour". Why she de fear tackle me.

Lol. . . you haven't said anything to "tackle" - and where you needed one, I've dealt and done with it. grin I knew you just couldn't resist signing in later under a different username to reveal yourself. But no worries, trying ever so hard to make this a war of words isn't going to bring me down to your state of mind.

I cautioned much earlier that the greatest mistake you would ever make on Nairaland is to address pilgrim.1 the way you started initially - and I knew already before you came back as "orobo 50cl" that you'd still keep making that mistake; only this time around your strategy isn't that good enough to draw me out into exchanging words with you. What you don't realize is that I was actually waiting for you. . . because I knew you were not done. grin  And as predictable as you could get, you came back. . not to reason, but to prove your true colours as a "Catholic".

Bros, take it to the next level and use more seething vitriol. . .lol. I just can't believe you'd be so predictable - and that's simply what I wanted you to do: show us the true spirit of Catholicism - and you're doing quite well on the display.

Cheers - and do have a good adventure using all your powers trying to draw me into an exchange. . . it has never worked, and it will not. grin
Re: Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? by orobo50cl(m): 10:40pm On Sep 13, 2007
O boy! I don die? Who this mad girl de follow talk 2 now, haaaaaaaaaaa! so you don shift from me go meet another person, say i sign under another name. And you have the gutts to
I cautioned much earlier that the greatest mistake you would ever make on Nairaland is to address pilgrim.1 the way you started initially - and I knew already before you came back as "orobo 50cl" that you'd still keep making that mistake; only this time around your strategy isn't that good enough to draw me out into exchanging words with you. What you don't realize is that I was actually waiting for you. . . because I knew you were not done. And as predictable as you could get, you came back. . not to reason, but to prove your true colours as a "Catholic".

Whoever you de follow talk say same dem no fear you na your own foolish attempt to dodge the gist. Na wah o! see how you de try dodge me. All that one na bobo! No use scope dodge. Na me de tackle you. O kpo to, lo fotocopy si wa! Ode oshi. Na me go make mistake address you. Who you be. Winch. I don de yab you since, na nonsense you de reply. Kon ni dafun daddy e! As long as you de yab catholic, you de yab me and as long as you de yab me, i go de swear for you. No go siddon do better thing o! de siddon for here de yab catholics. All your mumbo jumbo about say na anoda person de yab you, no make sense. yan now olofo
Re: Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? by orobo50cl(m): 11:05pm On Sep 13, 2007
You don run go abi, haaaaaaaaaaa! grin were. If you like come back this thread come de misyan about catholics. I de wait for you. Other people wey wan yan better, carry go! no yawa.
Re: Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? by icecream2: 1:07am On Sep 14, 2007
wow. orobo, the way you insulted this chick is not proper o. See as you embarrassed her anyhow. Would you guys kiss and make up and go back to the original topic. Let's share the word of God not insults.

Peace
Re: Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? by lawyer(m): 1:35am On Sep 14, 2007
Pilgrim, what's this. I thought we were cool and i left this religion boards for a while and dropping in back, your still making references to me saying i signed under a different name to come back and  insult you. I guess you don't let sleeping dogs lie and you will love to exchange unpleasant banters. Even when we had our disagreements, did i ever insult you directly the way this orobo guy is taking cheap shots at you? Anyway i wont let you pull me back to engage in tirades with you. I'll gently leave this religious boards for you or better still sign off from nairaland, because i guess anybody that says something nasty to you from now one is lawyer in disguise. Have it your way and continue to make condescending remarks about me. Am done trying to be at peace with you. Watever Men angry Am out of these religious boards for good.

P:S: For your information, i am not yoruba and i don't speak nor understand the language. So get your facts right if you intend to dump your frustrations on me in future .
Re: Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? by pilgrim1(f): 4:45am On Sep 14, 2007
ice cream:

wow. orobo, the way you insulted this chick is not proper o. See as you embarrassed her anyhow. Would you guys kiss and make up and go back to the original topic. Let's share the word of God not insults.

Lol, I've said much earlier that he was being "mild". . . other Catholics have used worse on me - and I still congratulated and thanked them for theirs. At least, you guys can see how much of love and "born-again" experience we get to see from Catholics. grin
Re: Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? by pilgrim1(f): 4:46am On Sep 14, 2007
@lawyer,

It's only a matter of time, be cool. No panic measures - mark my words. grin
Re: Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? by orobo50cl(m): 11:34am On Sep 14, 2007
You this winch, wetin you still de do for this thread? sha ko oshi e ku ro bi. Iya were grin No make i see your olori buruku leg for here again or any catholic thread o! Aje oshi angry
Re: Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? by cgift(m): 1:47pm On Sep 14, 2007
This is dirty. shocked
Re: Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? by wakiri: 4:14pm On Sep 14, 2007
MATHEW 12: 34-37.
34 O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.
35 A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things.

36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.

37 For by thy words thou shalt be[b] justified[/b]
Re: Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? by cgift(m): 5:45pm On Sep 14, 2007
wakiri:

MATHEW 12: 34-37.
34 O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.
35 A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things.

36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.

37 For by thy words thou shalt be[b] justified[/b]

I wish [b]orobo 50cl [/b]can take a cue from this.
Re: Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? by orobo50cl(m): 6:29pm On Sep 14, 2007
@cgift

You this man, wetin i do for you when you just de find my trouble? Your first attempt at jumping into my shoes, i free you quietly and i yan you say, na me and pilgrim get yawa. Now again you de use another person scripture quotation to yab me personally say make i take a cue! Abeg for the last time, just free me and let me be. I no yan reach your side and if you no wan hear angry!  Well if the gbege come, e reach you! I don yan my own finally with you o! angry
Re: Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? by cgift(m): 7:01pm On Sep 14, 2007
orobo 50cl:

@cgift

You this man, wetin i do for you when you just de find my trouble? Your first attempt at jumping into my shoes, i free you quietly and i yan you say, na me and pilgrim get yawa. Now again you de use another person scripture quotation to yab me personally say make i take a cue! Abeg for the last time, just free me and let me be. I no yan reach your side and if you no wan hear angry! Well if the gbege come, e reach you! I don yan my own finally with you o! angry

IRuns to take cover. Orobo which state are you from? You get degree for yabbinglogy grin
Re: Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? by orobo50cl(m): 7:15pm On Sep 14, 2007
heh! you this man! Anyway i don tire 4 you grin No b you i get wahala with. Na that winch wey you de beg for. Anyhow no shaking. I de kpampe wink
Re: Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? by cgift(m): 7:29pm On Sep 14, 2007
If pilgrim just change her mind to com face you e go be serious war ko. You sounded like somebody who stays in Isale Eko with derogs such as o po to (u no plenty rach), lo se fotocopy e wa (go multiply yourself) and all others. Abi na Lagos Island you dey stay?
Re: Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? by orobo50cl(m): 7:46pm On Sep 14, 2007
you this man! I de look you no mean say i no fit involve you self. Which one be this yan of isale eko or lagos island jist? Ok! na your last warning be this. E b like say that winch don give you contract make you help am out. No chop the thing wey you no fit finish o! angry
Re: Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? by cgift(m): 7:59pm On Sep 14, 2007
orobo 50cl:

you this man! I de look you no mean say i no fit involve you self. Which one be this yan of isale eko or lagos island jist? Ok! na your last warning be this. E b like say that winch don give you contract make you help am out. No chop the thing wey you no fit finish o! angry

grin grin grin grin grin

i dey find trouble o!. Ok calm down o!
Re: Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? by otokx(m): 12:23pm On Sep 15, 2007
Can we please return to the original topic?
Re: Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? by cgift(m): 9:37am On Sep 17, 2007
otokx:

Can we please return to the original topic?

Ok. otokx, what is your opinion about the topic?
Re: Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? by kc08: 2:28pm On Jan 30, 2008
Where in the Bible do you read that one has to believe in "Being Born Again"?
Re: Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? by kc08: 3:11pm On Jan 30, 2008
I have read thru just a few pages of this thread and I see the level of anger and ignorance that many of you have about the Catholic Church in her teachings; baptism, justification - salvation, baptism, Mary and all of that. I would suggest you do some readings of the Church (Vatican) council documents (and do not rave about that cos you are already reading the document from the first Church (Jerusalem) council as in Acts 15). Humble yourselvs in the same spirit of God and read those documents. Be informed before you are guided by your biases.

For those of you who have issues with infant baptism. I hope and presume you'al know the value of baptism and your children-if u have one. I also trust you treasure each in its rights. I sure know u treasure your babies when they arrive on ur lapse. If not I guess you may have to let them grow up to make up their minds to eat, recieve education or be clothed.

Where did you all get this idea? or did you read from the bible about faith alone doctrine? can someone show me? James does not talk about it neither does Paul in the context we all scream about today. Why not wait until wherever you are worshiping clocks a 100 yrs and u will see. (I pray God gives you' al the grace of long life to see and remember this).

Let us not forget we are talking about 2000yrs of experiencing the divine nature of God mingling with or better said redeeming humanity; Salvation. If the Spirit of God was not in the Catholic Church leading and guiding her through the challenges both within and outside the Church in the dark ages of human/world history, would we have had the chance today? Remember the experience of the people of Israel in the OT. Their experience of God grew and deepened with time. Think of ur first grade maths class and and what you meet in ur waec/gre (if that is what is applicable).

Read! be informed! do nt cry foul for what u do not take time to reflect on cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy wink wink wink wink wink
Re: Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? by ajulijuli(m): 5:07pm On Jan 30, 2008
Hi, once u ar baptized in d catholic ch u ar born again. The penticostal knowledge abt born again can b summerized as 'change of heart' wic is totalli diff 4m born again. When u ar baptized u become cleansed, and a child of God and of d chuch' Any bodi can ve a change of hat from bad to good or good to bad- is that born again or born against!
born again is wen u receive d spirit of God tru water
Re: Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jan 30, 2008
This is to help reduce the bickering, catholic-bashing, and name-calling that is prevalent among christians.

We need to look at the 'Joint Declaration on Justification' signed by the Catholics and Lutherans in 1999; and later adopted by the Methodists.

You can click here -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joint_Declaration_on_the_Doctrine_of_Justification

Remember that the Lutherans are disciples of Martin Luther.
The Methodists arose from another epoch.

They are both beginning to see the light dimly.

Happy reading / meditation.
Re: Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jan 30, 2008
This is to help reduce the bickering, catholic-bashing, and name-calling that is prevalent among christians.

We need to look at the 'Joint Declaration on Justification' signed by the Catholics and Lutherans in 1999; and later adopted by the Methodists.

You can click here -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joint_Declaration_on_the_Doctrine_of_Justification

Remember that the Lutherans are disciples of Martin Luther.
The Methodists arose from another epoch.

They are both  beginning to see the light dimly.

Happy reading / meditation.
Re: Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? by chikibaybi(f): 9:49pm On Jan 31, 2008
yes, Catholics believe in being born again. for crying out loud please, we catholics are christians. We believe in everything that is in the bible and being born again is part of it.
Re: Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? by clefstone(m): 8:13pm On Jul 17, 2009
Born again. This is a phrase that has been misused especially among the pentecostal brethren. You would recall that the disciples of christ neva called themselves born again or even christians. Christ explained that being born again is to be born with water and the holy spirit. In the catholic church, baptism, including infant baptism, makes one born again. It is God's given grace that like the apostles, we catholics glorify God for bestowing on us rather than think that it is tru our own powers. Lets leave our actions to speak rather boost about being born again and surely someone would one day notice and say, 'that fellow is a born again'. As for controversy, the Catholic church has existed for 2 millenium so you would expect such controversies. However, some of there so called controversial issues are easily clarified once one read about them from unbiased literatures
Re: Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? by clefstone(m): 8:14pm On Jul 17, 2009
Born again. This is a phrase that has been misused especially among the pentecostal brethren. You would recall that the disciples of christ neva called themselves born again or even christians. Christ explained that being born again is to be born with water and the holy spirit. In the catholic church, baptism, including infant baptism, makes one born again. It is God's given grace that like the apostles, we catholics glorify God for bestowing on us rather than think that it is tru our own powers. Lets leave our actions to speak rather boost about being born again and surely someone would one day notice and say, 'that fellow is a born again'. As for controversy, the Catholic church has existed for 2 millenium so you would expect such controversies. However, some of there so called controversial issues are easily clarified once one read about them from unbiased literatures

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Angelina Oyakhilome's 80th Birthday: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's Mother Celebrates / How To Witness To Loved Ones Who Are Roman Catholics / Is It Only Africans That Believe In The Existence Of Ghosts And Witches?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.