Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,215 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:20 AM

Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? (23000 Views)

Do Catholics Worship Statues? | Catholic Answers / Toni Payne Blasts Chris Okotie For Saying "All Catholics Will Go To Hell" / Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? by clefstone(m): 8:14pm On Jul 17, 2009
Born again. This is a phrase that has been misused especially among the pentecostal brethren. You would recall that the disciples of christ neva called themselves born again or even christians. Christ explained that being born again is to be born with water and the holy spirit. In the catholic church, baptism, including infant baptism, makes one born again. It is God's given grace that like the apostles, we catholics glorify God for bestowing on us rather than think that it is tru our own powers. Lets leave our actions to speak rather boost about being born again and surely someone would one day notice and say, 'that fellow is a born again'. As for controversy, the Catholic church has existed for 2 millenium so you would expect such controversies. However, some of there so called controversial issues are easily clarified once one read about them from unbiased literatures
Re: Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? by POPEII: 4:55pm On Dec 11, 2013
No we don't, we recognize only one baptism. You are Catholic or non Catholic there's no such thing like born again
Re: Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? by paxonel(m): 4:41pm On Jul 20, 2014
EddyTells: I have love for catholics but i really dont get 'em.

Are they actually believers do they actually believe in being born again
And why are there many controversy around the catholic church.
what is born again? Catholic believe in born again or not today Christians don't know what Jesus meant by born again and it is causing big problem in Christianity as I'm talking to you
Re: Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? by brocab: 10:49pm On Dec 12, 2015
Only for those who claim they are Christian-the differences between a born again Christian, and a non born again Christian, is as simple as this.

A non born again Christian, are those who live according to the flesh, people who have set their minds on what the flesh desires.
Non born again Christians talks only of their Church, fellowships with their Church, and lives for their Church.

Born again Christians are spirit filled, who live accordance with the Spirit, having their minds set on what the Spirit desires.
A born again Christian talks about Christ, fellowships with Christ, and lives for Christ.
Re: Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? by paxonel(m): 2:02pm On Dec 13, 2015
brocab:
Only for those who claim they are Christian-the differences between a born again Christian, and a non born again Christian, is as simple as this.

A non born again Christian, are those who live according to the flesh, people who have set their minds on what the flesh desires.
Non born again Christians talks only of their Church, fellowships with their Church, and lives for their Church.

Born again Christians are spirit filled, who live accordance with the Spirit, having their minds set on what the Spirit desires.
A born again Christian talks about Christ, fellowships with Christ, and lives for Christ.
Catholics abandoning the term born again are very correct about it.
we pentecostals are the ones confusing ourselves.
There is nothing like born again in Christianity.
It is either you believe in Christ (being in the Christian religion ) or you do not believe (being outside the Christian religion belonging to other religions )
i don't know why we christians are fighting ourselves by calling some christians born again and other christians who are sinful non born again?
who on earth is not commiting sin?
mention one person
Re: Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? by brocab: 3:43pm On Dec 13, 2015
I can mention one person who aren't sinning, His Name is Jesus. I actually dealt if you are a Pentecostal, pentecostal's don't deny the word of God. As you have below.

John 3:3 "Unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God.
The phase born again literally means "born from above" "Nicodemus had a real need, he needed a change of his heart, a spiritual transformation, New birth, being born again, is an act of God whereby eternal life has been imparted to the person who believes,

Corinthians 5:17 "Therefore if he is in Christ he is a new creation, the old has past away behold the new has come.
1 Peter 1:3 "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. According to His great mercy, He has caused us to be Born again to the living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.
1 John 2:29 "If you know that He is righteous you maybe sure, that everyone who practises righteousness has been born of Him.
Titus 3:5-1 John 3:9-4:7-5:1-18-John 1:12-13 indicates that being "Born again" also carries the idea of becoming children of God.

Romans 3:23 "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.
Sinners are spiritually dead, when they receive spiritual life through faith in Christ, the bible likens to a rebirth. Only those who are born again have their sins forgiven, and have a relationship with God.

I could go on forever with this, but I think its time for you to reconsider changing your verdict, If you have chosen to abandon the term born again, like the Catholic's had, then its best for you to pray the rosary's asking Mary to save your soul.
paxonel:

It is either you believe in Christ (being in the Christian religion ) or you do not believe (being outside the Christian religion belonging to other religions )
i don't know why we christians are fighting ourselves by calling some christians born again and other christians who are sinful non born again?
mention one person
Re: Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? by paxonel(m): 12:57pm On Dec 15, 2015
brocab:
I can mention one person who aren't sinning, His Name is Jesus. I actually dealt if you are a Pentecostal, pentecostal's don't deny the word of God. As you have below.

John 3:3 "Unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God.
The phase born again literally means "born from above" "Nicodemus had a real need, he needed a change of his heart, a spiritual transformation, New birth, being born again, is an act of God whereby eternal life has been imparted to the person who believes,

Corinthians 5:17 "Therefore if he is in Christ he is a new creation, the old has past away behold the new has come.
1 Peter 1:3 "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. According to His great mercy, He has caused us to be Born again to the living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.
1 John 2:29 "If you know that He is righteous you maybe sure, that everyone who practises righteousness has been born of Him.
Titus 3:5-1 John 3:9-4:7-5:1-18-John 1:12-13 indicates that being "Born again" also carries the idea of becoming children of God.

Romans 3:23 "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.
Sinners are spiritually dead, when they receive spiritual life through faith in Christ, the bible likens to a rebirth. Only those who are born again have their sins forgiven, and have a relationship with God.

I could go on forever with this, but I think its time for you to reconsider changing your verdict, If you have chosen to abandon the term born again, like the Catholic's had, then its best for you to pray the rosary's asking Mary to save your soul.
no
it is time for we african Pentecostals to take the truth the way Scriptures put it , rather than misunderstanding Bible the way you are doing it now.
Right now, Pentecostals of developed nations like Us, the Uk, etc have come to know the truth and avoid using the term born again a long time ago.
Africa is still in darkness.
They are yet to understand the contradiction that is associated with born again doctrine.
let me ask you
you say being born again is when eternal life has been impacted to a person
was anybody on earth impacted with eternal life before the death and resurrection of Jesus?
if the answer is no, which it is , why would Jesus tell Nicodemus you must have eternal life (you must be born again ) when he has not even been crucified ( talkless of resurrection ) at the time he had the encounter with Nicodemus in john 3?
i don't know if you understand the question.
incase you don't, think and look at the question again.
i need your sincere straight forward answer
Re: Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? by brocab: 8:07pm On Dec 15, 2015
You are asking the wrong questions, don't you read the bible-or do you have another?
Not only Africa, but all over the world, darkness had come.
John 8:12 "Jesus said "I am the light of the world, whoever walks with me will not walk in darkness.
It seems the darkness has overshadowed your life, you claim to be a Christian, but you are denying its power of the word of God. You seem to have trouble believing His word-I assure you-some of the scriptures that don't make sense now-will make sense shortly-only if you are willing to believe.
1 John 2:21 "I have not written to you because you do not know the truth, but because you do know it, and because "NO" lie is of the truth.
Your Quote>was anybody on earth was impacted with eternal life before the death of Jesus.
Your answer was "NO"
2 Kings 2:11 "As they were walking along and talking together, suddenly a chariot of fire and horses of fire appeared and separated the two of them, and Elijah went up two heaven in a whirlwind.
So the answer is "YES" Elijah was impacted with eternal life before the death of Jesus.

And you have the bible in front of you-these are not my words, these are the words of the Lord, and if you have chosen to dis-believe, what more can I write to you-since you are protesting against the bible.
Heaven and Earth will pass away-But the Lord said: His word will always stay.
paxonel:

no
it is time for we african Pentecostals to take the truth the way Scriptures put it , rather than misunderstanding Bible the way you are doing it now.
Right now, Pentecostals of developed nations like Us, the Uk, etc have come to know the truth and avoid using the term born again a long time ago.
Africa is still in darkness.
They are yet to understand the contradiction that is associated with born again doctrine.
let me ask you
you say being born again is when eternal life has been impacted to a person
was anybody on earth impacted with eternal life before the death and resurrection of Jesus?
if the answer is no, which it is , why would Jesus tell Nicodemus you must have eternal life (you must be born again ) when he has not even been crucified ( talkless of resurrection ) at the time he had the encounter with Nicodemus in john 3?
i don't know if you understand the question.
incase you don't, think and look at the question again.
i need your sincere straight forward answer

Re: Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? by paxonel(m): 8:51am On Dec 16, 2015
brocab:
You are asking the wrong questions, don't you read the bible-or do you have another?
Not only Africa, but all over the world, darkness had come.
John 8:12 "Jesus said "I am the light of the world, whoever walks with me will not walk in darkness.
It seems the darkness has overshadowed your life, you claim to be a Christian, but you are denying its power of the word of God. You seem to have trouble believing His word-I assure you-some of the scriptures that don't make sense now-will make sense shortly-only if you are willing to believe.
1 John 2:21 "I have not written to you because you do not know the truth, but because you do know it, and because "NO" lie is of the truth.
Your Quote>was anybody on earth was impacted with eternal life before the death of Jesus.
Your answer was "NO"
2 Kings 2:11 "As they were walking along and talking together, suddenly a chariot of fire and horses of fire appeared and separated the two of them, and Elijah went up two heaven in a whirlwind.
So the answer is "YES" Elijah was impacted with eternal life before the death of Jesus.

And you have the bible in front of you-these are not my words, these are the words of the Lord, and if you have chosen to dis-believe, what more can I write to you-since you are protesting against the bible.
Heaven and Earth will pass away-But the Lord said: His word will always stay.
That Elijah event of carried away was not eternal life impactation at all. It was a shadow of things to come.
You are even quoting 2 kings 2:11 which is old testament, i thought you will give me a Scripture in new testament which is reality of things.
Don't you know that old testament prophets(Judaism prophets for that matter ) and the law was a shadow of things to come?
Hebrews 10:1 says For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect.
This implies that the sacrifices of old testament? was a shadow of the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross and Elijah was a shadow of John the Baptist.
The real Elijah was not the Elijah of old testament, the real Elijah that is to come was John the Baptist
Jesus says in
Matthew 11:14 And if ye will receive it, this(john the Baptist ) is Elias, which was for to come.
Now, the question is, did John the Baptist who was the real Elijah had eternal life?
the answer is no
Because, Jesus says the least person in the kingdom of God (in eternal life ) is greater than John the Baptist who missed the kingdom.
Now if John the Baptist who was the real Elijah lost eternal life, what makes you think Elijah of old testament who was the fake Elijah had eternal life by mere carried away by wind into the clouds?
You know what your problem is?
You African christians still think that eternal life is beyond the clouds, meanwhile Jesus says whoever believe in him here on earth should not perish but have eternal life John 3:16
You people are in darkness,you really need education to understand Bible, but schools in Africa are quack schools, that's the problem.
All pastors in Africa (esp the popular ones) are products of quack universities and schools, all of them. How can they understand bible?
The only good thing you people have derived from the bible is believing in Jesus for your eternal life. After that, you don't want to explore other good things from it
Have you ever travelled to Europe to see how white men have developed their world?
And you are telling me darkness is everywhere, you better travel o.
Atleast go and see, then come back.
Get this right now for your own good.
Eternal life was not impacted to anybody in the old testament, not even anybody in the days of John the Baptist until the time Jesus died and resurrected .
Adam and Eve lost eternal life in old testament, But Jesus brought it back to mankind in new testament after his resurrection, to be precise.
1 Corinthians 15:22 says, For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
Before Adam sinned were they in heaven?
no, they were on earth.
Now, what make you people, o African christians, think that when you resurrect you will go to heaven?
Are you not seeing white men remaining on this earth to replenish their world? (the original mandate God gave to Adam to replenish this world )
And you know what? the time Jesus met Nicodemus(before he died and resurrected ) falls within the days of John the Baptist where entering the kingdom of God ( entering eternal life ) suffereth violence and the violent taketh it by force.
i know you will never understand that statement, even after you have read it like 50 times in the Bible.
You africans are so dumb.
In summary, the term BORN AGAIN or to be born of water(the ministry of John the Baptist ) and of spirit ( the ministry of Jesus ) which was written in the book of prophecy as Nicodemus saw it, since he was a master in Israel, and only masters had access to the book of prophecy in those days, falls within this same period of the days of John the Baptist, and it has nothing to do with eternal life and salvation at crucifixion time
so, Catholics were very very correct.
I'm not a Catholic o
But i must say the truth the way it is .
The only problem about Catholics is, they stick to their old Roman empire tradition which are really not necessary.
Penecostals who were suppose to move ahead are the ones confusing themselves
Re: Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? by brocab: 1:17am On Dec 18, 2015
What rubbish-Am I really reading this. You have clearly stated you don't like the Africans {never mind about the bible} because I write on their forum, I never said once I belong to Africa. You put them down-like they are some sort of criminals, in my country people like you wouldn't last on the streets. Your discriminating nature, is over the top, and you claim to be a Christian?
Get out of here.
Quote You are in darkness-you really need education to understand bible, you Africans are so dumb.
1 John 2:9 "Anyone who claims to be in the light and hates his brother or sister is still in darkness.
You don't understand much do you-you think Africa is the only place in the world that has the darkness, it also shows you without knowledge haven't understood-how darkness travel's across our nations, Evil is everywhere, not just in Africa.
paxonel:

That Elijah event of carried away was not eternal life impactation at all. It was a shadow of things to come.
You are even quoting 2 kings 2:11 which is old testament, i thought you will give me a Scripture in new testament which is reality of things.
Don't you know that old testament prophets(Judaism prophets for that matter ) and the law was a shadow of things to come?
Hebrews 10:1 says For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect.
This implies that the sacrifices of old testament? was a shadow of the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross and Elijah was a shadow of John the Baptist.
The real Elijah was not the Elijah of old testament, the real Elijah that is to come was John the Baptist
Jesus says in
Matthew 11:14 And if ye will receive it, this(john the Baptist ) is Elias, which was for to come.
Now, the question is, did John the Baptist who was the real Elijah had eternal life?
the answer is no
Because, Jesus says the least person in the kingdom of God (in eternal life ) is greater than John the Baptist who missed the kingdom.
Now if John the Baptist who was the real Elijah lost eternal life, what makes you think Elijah of old testament who was the fake Elijah had eternal life by mere carried away by wind into the clouds?
You know what your problem is?
You African christians still think that eternal life is beyond the clouds, meanwhile Jesus says whoever believe in him here on earth should not perish but have eternal life John 3:16
You people are in darkness,you really need education to understand Bible, but schools in Africa are quack schools, that's the problem.
All pastors in Africa (esp the popular ones) are products of quack universities and schools, all of them. How can they understand bible?
The only good thing you people have derived from the bible is believing in Jesus for your eternal life. After that, you don't want to explore other good things from it
Have you ever travelled to Europe to see how white men have developed their world?
And you are telling me darkness is everywhere, you better travel o.
Atleast go and see, then come back.
Get this right now for your own good.
Eternal life was not impacted to anybody in the old testament, not even anybody in the days of John the Baptist until the time Jesus died and resurrected .
Adam and Eve lost eternal life in old testament, But Jesus brought it back to mankind in new testament after his resurrection, to be precise.
1 Corinthians 15:22 says, For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
Before Adam sinned were they in heaven?
no, they were on earth.
Now, what make you people, o African christians, think that when you resurrect you will go to heaven?
Are you not seeing white men remaining on this earth to replenish their world? (the original mandate God gave to Adam to replenish this world )
And you know what? the time Jesus met Nicodemus(before he died and resurrected ) falls within the days of John the Baptist where entering the kingdom of God ( entering eternal life ) suffereth violence and the violent taketh it by force.
i know you will never understand that statement, even after you have read it like 50 times in the Bible.
You africans are so dumb.
In summary, the term BORN AGAIN or to be born of water(the ministry of John the Baptist ) and of spirit ( the ministry of Jesus ) which was written in the book of prophecy as Nicodemus saw it, since he was a master in Israel, and only masters had access to the book of prophecy in those days, falls within this same period of the days of John the Baptist, and it has nothing to do with eternal life and salvation at crucifixion time
so, Catholics were very very correct.
I'm not a Catholic o
But i must say the truth the way it is .
The only problem about Catholics is, they stick to their old Roman empire tradition which are really not necessary.
Penecostals who were suppose to move ahead are the ones confusing themselves

Re: Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? by paxonel(m): 2:44am On Dec 18, 2015
brocab:
What rubbish-Am I really reading this. You have clearly stated you don't like the Africans {never mind about the bible} because I write on their forum, I never said once I belong to Africa. You put them down-like they are some sort of criminals, in my country people like you wouldn't last on the streets. Your discriminating nature, is over the top, and you claim to be a Christian?
Get out of here.
Quote You are in darkness-you really need education to understand bible, you Africans are so dumb.
1 John 2:9 "Anyone who claims to be in the light and hates his brother or sister is still in darkness.
You don't understand much do you-you think Africa is the only place in the world that has the darkness, it also shows you without knowledge haven't understood-how darkness travel's across our nations, Evil is everywhere, not just in Africa.
ok
now i know you are not African
a sensible and educated african will not further defend the error associated with the doctrines (including that of born again ) introduced to Africa 2 centuries ago by European missionaries, after reading what i have just posted here .
through further investigation (using the Bible and other facts ) he will now know the damages these doctrines have caused Africans over the years in terms of social unity and brotherly love .
Because, how can you explain this? a fellow Christian downgrading another Christian by labelling him non born again simply because he is incapable of meeting up with certain moral standards set by the church , is this not cleavage and discrimination in religion?
That's why i say religion is mess, causing problems more than the problems they have solved.
This has been existing more than 2 centuries ago, and ignorantly, my people have been living with this problem without knowing that the practice is unscriptural.
my wish is, as many Africans that read my post they will have a rethink, and start threating their fellow brothers as one in Christ,correcting those that needs correction rather than segregating them.
You are not living in Africa, but those who do know what I'm talking about.
As for your conclusion that i hate africans, my answer to you is, Jesus never hated the scribe and Pharisees when he said woe unto them.
All I'm after is to get people do the right thing that's all.
if you want to practice Christianity or any religion, don't segregate or discriminate. As far as I'm concern, any Christian who keep calling himself born again will surely find himself discriminating other christians he thinks they are not. Trust me.
For instance, you will hear people saying i don't want to marry another, i want to marry a spirit filled born again man or woman who goes to church.
what kind of talk is that?
so, those who are not born again are not human being?
i don't know what you understand when i used the word darkness, but this is what i meant by darkness.
Uneducated society (more than 70% of the population not having access to quality university education ), leading to persistent election of corrupt leaders into political positions .
Does that describe the kind of society or country you are living?
i don't think so.
so, don't tell me darkness is everywhere
Re: Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? by brocab: 9:11pm On Dec 18, 2015
Darkness is everywhere-Europe is full of darkness, corruption in political government societies, uneducated is everywhere, not only in Africa.
I don't live in Africa-and I have never been to Africa-I have travelled in other countries around the world-as well as mine.
Believe it or not-the darkness has travelled throughout the world. I have just recently come back from the Philippines-a Christian country that live in poverty, but does it mean they are uneducated, or maybe-it means their political systems are stealing from their own. Like in Africa.
I do agree, born again Christians may sound they label themselves above all other Christians, but its only because the bible said one must be born again before you can enter into the kingdom of God.
I myself am a born again Christian-and everyday I am either looking, or I find myself writing on this forum spreading the word of God, Not my words' but His. I do understand you brother-in a lot of ways-about some of these born again Christians, and some of them sound a bit over the top at times, I myself had been abused by them too, and I found because I am not fellow-shipping in their Church' but another, I am a stranger to their culture. Brother it is only because of their lack of knowledge, everyone knows, Wisdom, comes from the word of God. Many of my fellow believers have turned their ways, away from God, preferring to listen to some pastor, preaching about the cash rather then collecting souls. Most of these Churches are now flowing into the business world.
1 John 2:15 " Do not love the world or anything in the world, if anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not them.
Many other organizations may not like the way we preach the bible, but the word does say one must be born again. You yourself have taken my written quotes offensive, born again's may sound-but I assure you its bible talk, not our own.
You judge-not looking at your own quotes, very unpleasant, and offensive. Discrimination isn't the words I would say-this forum is used for us all to learn from each other, and our bible skills have gained 100%.
We hear the abuse all the time, all of you lay your boots in always winching mocking our skills in the word of God.
Remember" Jesus said many are called but few are chosen-He also said walk on the narrow road-rather then to stay on the highways.
Matthew 7:13 "Enter through the narrow gate, for wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.
This behaviour is not always from the Born again's, but rather from other Churches who claim Christ, every denominational has faults and of course everyone is right, while the rest of the world is wrong. Jehovah witnesses, Mormons, Catholic's, Muslims, and many more churches who say they claim Christ, not only the born again's all of them believe they have the keys to our heavenly Father.
Do you also claim your Church has the keys?
But the truth is brother, all we can do, is walk our own walk with Christ, share the word, if we were to follow after everyone else-like sheep going in, for the slaughter, we too will loose our way.
Don't forget Jesus said he would rather see us, Hot or Cold-then to be lukewarm.

The truth is written-we either believe it, all we don't.
Nice chatting to ya.
paxonel:

ok
now i know you are not African
a sensible and educated african will not further defend the error associated with the doctrines (including that of born again ) introduced to Africa 2 centuries ago by European missionaries, after reading what i have just posted here .
through further investigation (using the Bible and other facts ) he will now know the damages these doctrines have caused Africans over the years in terms of social unity and brotherly love .
Because, how can you explain this? a fellow Christian downgrading another Christian by labelling him non born again simply because he is incapable of meeting up with certain moral standards set by the church , is this not cleavage and discrimination in religion?
That's why i say religion is mess, causing problems more than the problems they have solved.
This has been existing more than 2 centuries ago, and ignorantly, my people have been living with this problem without knowing that the practice is unscriptural.
my wish is, as many Africans that read my post they will have a rethink, and start threating their fellow brothers as one in Christ,correcting those that needs correction rather than segregating them.
You are not living in Africa, but those who do know what I'm talking about.
As for your conclusion that i hate africans, my answer to you is, Jesus never hated the scribe and Pharisees when he said woe unto them.
All I'm after is to get people do the right thing that's all.
if you want to practice Christianity or any religion, don't segregate or discriminate. As far as I'm concern, any Christian who keep calling himself born again will surely find himself discriminating other christians he thinks they are not. Trust me.
For instance, you will hear people saying i don't want to marry another, i want to marry a spirit filled born again man or woman who goes to church.
what kind of talk is that?
so, those who are not born again are not human being?
i don't know what you understand when i used the word darkness, but this is what i meant by darkness.
Uneducated society (more than 70% of the population not having access to quality university education ), leading to persistent election of corrupt leaders into political positions .
Does that describe the kind of society or country you are living?
i don't think so.
so, don't tell me darkness is everywhere
Re: Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? by paxonel(m): 8:16am On Dec 19, 2015
brocab:
Darkness is everywhere-Europe is full of darkness, corruption in political government societies, uneducated is everywhere, not only in Africa.
I don't live in Africa-and I have never been to Africa-I have travelled in other countries around the world-as well as mine.
Believe it or not-the darkness has travelled throughout the world. I have just recently come back from the Philippines-a Christian country that live in poverty, but does it mean they are uneducated, or maybe-it means their political systems are stealing from their own. Like in Africa.
I do agree, born again Christians may sound they label themselves above all other Christians, but its only because the bible said one must be born again before you can enter into the kingdom of God.
I myself am a born again Christian-and everyday I am either looking, or I find myself writing on this forum spreading the word of God, Not my words' but His. I do understand you brother-in a lot of ways-about some of these born again Christians, and some of them sound a bit over the top at times, I myself had been abused by them too, and I found because I am not fellow-shipping in their Church' but another, I am a stranger to their culture. Brother it is only because of their lack of knowledge, everyone knows, Wisdom, comes from the word of God. Many of my fellow believers have turned their ways, away from God, preferring to listen to some pastor, preaching about the cash rather then collecting souls. Most of these Churches are now flowing into the business world.
1 John 2:15 " Do not love the world or anything in the world, if anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not them.
Many other organizations may not like the way we preach the bible, but the word does say one must be born again. You yourself have taken my written quotes offensive, born again's may sound-but I assure you its bible talk, not our own.
You judge-not looking at your own quotes, very unpleasant, and offensive. Discrimination isn't the words I would say-this forum is used for us all to learn from each other, and our bible skills have gained 100%.
We hear the abuse all the time, all of you lay your boots in always winching mocking our skills in the word of God.
Remember" Jesus said many are called but few are chosen-He also said walk on the narrow road-rather then to stay on the highways.
Matthew 7:13 "Enter through the narrow gate, for wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.
This behaviour is not always from the Born again's, but rather from other Churches who claim Christ, every denominational has faults and of course everyone is right, while the rest of the world is wrong. Jehovah witnesses, Mormons, Catholic's, Muslims, and many more churches who say they claim Christ, not only the born again's all of them believe they have the keys to our heavenly Father.
Do you also claim your Church has the keys?
But the truth is brother, all we can do, is walk our own walk with Christ, share the word, if we were to follow after everyone else-like sheep going in, for the slaughter, we too will loose our way.
Don't forget Jesus said he would rather see us, Hot or Cold-then to be lukewarm.

The truth is written-we either believe it, all we don't.
Nice chatting to ya.
thanks man.
the world is in chaos, i believe it is so because we christians allow it to be so.
if we give ourselves to study the Bible as though we are studying a school curriculum, bringing out one fact or element each chapter of the Bible truly present or what it is trying to teach, we will not run into unnecessary criticism and persecution by observers, then the glory of God will be fully presented to the world.
If you truly want to know what Jesus meant by born again to Nicodemus understand the meaning of this parable
John 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.(meaning, understand now what i mean by born again )
john 3:8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.(so is everyone that is born again )
this John 3:8 is a parable, if you understand it, then you have know exactly what born again means.
The wind there represent a set of people only in that period Jesus was about to be crucified, after the crucifixion and resurrection they seize to exist.
The bible writer who recorded this chapter 3, recorded it according to how it was applied in that generation of the Jews Jesus was about to be crucified.
But today, when we read it in our present generation we will start claiming it that it is extended to christianity even when we have not yet understand the parable, thinking we are exercising faith .
meanwhile, there was nothing like Christianity at that time Jesus met Nicodemus
Re: Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? by brocab: 10:25am On Dec 20, 2015
Am I really going to answer this, it seems you believe born again's were only for the Jews from the past.
Christianity is another word for Christ like.
John 3:6-8 "That which is born of the flesh is flesh {Physical is merely physical} and that is born of the Spirit is Spirit, Do not be surprised that I have told you, you must be born again {Reborn from above} Spirituality transformed, renewed sanctified, the wind blows where it wishes and you hear it's sound, but you do not know where it is coming from and where it is going, so it is, with everyone which is born of the Spirit.
{The Spirit roams where God tells Him to roam}
Meaning, a born again are Spirit filled Christians today. No-one knows where the Holy Spirit travels to and fro. But He's still travelling, and still to this day, millions have turned from their evil ways, coming in at a faster rate, turning their own lives over to the lord.
Matthew 28:19 "Therefore go and make disciples OF ALL NATIONS baptising them in the name of the Father, and the Son and the Holy Spirit.
Which of course means-we now have the Spirit of God living in us all, those have chosen to follow after Christ of course. Born again means, having the Spirit of God residing in you-Jesus told His disciples He will send them another comforter.
The day of Pentecost the Spirit of the Lord-had filled the room-which coursed them to speak in other tongues.
paxonel:

thanks man.
the world is in chaos, i believe it is so because we christians allow it to be so.
if we give ourselves to study the Bible as though we are studying a school curriculum, bringing out one fact or element each chapter of the Bible truly present or what it is trying to teach, we will not run into unnecessary criticism and persecution by observers, then the glory of God will be fully presented to the world.
If you truly want to know what Jesus meant by born again to Nicodemus understand the meaning of this parable
John 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.(meaning, understand now what i mean by born again )
john 3:8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.(so is everyone that is born again )
this John 3:8 is a parable, if you understand it, then you have know exactly what born again means.
The wind there represent a set of people only in that period Jesus was about to be crucified, after the crucifixion and resurrection they seize to exist.
The bible writer who recorded this chapter 3, recorded it according to how it was applied in that generation of the Jews Jesus was about to be crucified.
But today, when we read it in our present generation we will start claiming it that it is extended to christianity even when we have not yet understand the parable, thinking we are exercising faith .
meanwhile, there was nothing like Christianity at that time Jesus met Nicodemus
Re: Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? by paxonel(m): 9:18pm On Dec 20, 2015
brocab:
Am I really going to answer this, it seems you believe born again's were only for the Jews from the past.
Christianity is another word for Christ like.
John 3:6-8 "That which is born of the flesh is flesh {Physical is merely physical} and that is born of the Spirit is Spirit, Do not be surprised that I have told you, you must be born again {Reborn from above} Spirituality transformed, renewed sanctified, the wind blows where it wishes and you hear it's sound, but you do not know where it is coming from and where it is going, so it is, with everyone which is born of the Spirit.
{The Spirit roams where God tells Him to roam}
Meaning, a born again are Spirit filled Christians today. No-one knows where the Holy Spirit travels to and fro. But He's still travelling, and still to this day, millions have turned from their evil ways, coming in at a faster rate, turning their own lives over to the lord.
Matthew 28:19 "Therefore go and make disciples OF ALL NATIONS baptising them in the name of the Father, and the Son and the Holy Spirit.
Which of course means-we now have the Spirit of God living in us all, those have chosen to follow after Christ of course. Born again means, having the Spirit of God residing in you-Jesus told His disciples He will send them another comforter.
The day of Pentecost the Spirit of the Lord-had filled the room-which coursed them to speak in other tongues.
hmmm!
all i see is, you are scattering everything here and there. because you don't want to use your brain to think and read this Bible and understand it
The Bible is not scattered the way u are scattering it.
Just know that Bible is written according to time as there is time for everything.
for instance, Genesis was written first because it was the beginning time, it goes down to 1samuel to 2kings because it was the time David lived, it then goes to new testament where we have Matthew, luke and John because it was time Jesus lived before he was crucified, at this time,(also known as days of John the Baptist ) Jesus met Nicodemus and told him except you are born again you cannot see Christianity, you cannot see holy spirit , because there was no Christianity at that time.
Christianity only exist after the resurrection,
holy spirit or comforter came after resurrection, without resurrection no salvation, no Christianity, no holy spirit.
after that time of Matthew,mark, luke and John where Jesus met Nicodemus , we have the time of book of act of the apostles where Christianity was fully established on earth at the day of pentecost, That was the first time the holy spirit came upon men, not the time of Nicodemus and born again .
So, this one you are saying born again are spirit filled Christians it is not correct.
Rather, the disciples who received the comforter at pentecost in the time of the book of act where the spirit filled christians, not the disciples who followed Jesus (including nicodemus) as at the time he was about to be crucified.
The 12 disciples who followed Jesus before he was crucified, non of them had the holy spirit at that time, they were yet to be christians, they were still in transition from Judaism to Christianity.
So, born again means to follow Christ (to be a disciple of Jesus, following him to Jerusalem where the kingdom of God was to be revealed at his resurrection )
that is why he told Nicodemus, except a man is born again (except a man leave all his belongings and follow me as my disciple to Jerusalem, he cannot see the kingdom of God at Jerusalem (if u are not there u can't see ), he cannot see Christianity which was to come at Jerusalem )
Therefore Christianity is the kingdom of God.
He told them, strive to enter the gate (meaning, hold your believe in me until I'm crucified, then u will see the kingdom )
Peter says we have left all and follow thee( towards Jerusalem ).
he told him, your reward is eternal life (the kingdom at Jerusalem )
So, mr man
we have read this bible and understand it.
You cannot come and scatter things.
God is not an author of confusion,
The Bible is so contextual and straight forward, it require high level of thinking to understand it
Re: Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? by Ubenedictus(m): 11:28pm On Dec 20, 2015
paxonel:

mention one person
Re: Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? by brocab: 5:58am On Dec 21, 2015
You have no understanding in any of the scriptures-Christians wasn't a name used back then-but disciples were.
Quote> The bible is so contextual and straight forward, it requires high level of thinking to understand it.
What a lot of rubbish-God had written the bible simple, for all walks of life to understand, we have Children bibles, we have teenage bibles, and we have adult bibles, Jesus made away for all man kind to read the word of God.
Quote>We have read this bible and understand it, you can not come and scatter things, God is not an author of confusion.
Luke 1:41 "When Elisabeth heard Mary's greetings the baby leaped in her womb, and Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit. Well you are wrong about the Holy Spirit not being around before Jesus was crucified. Jesus had the Spirit of God living inside of Him.
Matthew 16:13-17 "Jesus asked His disciples who do you think I am, some say, John the Baptise, others said, Elijah, and others said Jeremiah or one of the prophets. He said to them, who do you say, that I am? Simon Peter then said, "You are the Christ the Son of the living God. Jesus answered and said to him, "Bless are you Simon bar-Jonah, For flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but My Father who is in Heaven.
The Holy Spirit is the massager
The Holy Spirit was working back then, as He works in us today.
One day each year the high priest would draw aside the veil and enter the Holy of Holies, to make atonement for the nation of Israel.
Aaron being high priest that year would meet the Spirit of God inside the temple behind the veil, for peoples sins and repentance.

So yes the Spirit was working within the disciples, when Jesus was around.
You heard it, from the word, Jesus said, it was His Father that revealed it to Peter, God is Spirit.
paxonel:

hmmm!
all i see is, you are scattering everything here and there. because you don't want to use your brain to think and read this Bible and understand it
The Bible is not scattered the way u are scattering it.
Just know that Bible is written according to time as there is time for everything.
for instance, Genesis was written first because it was the beginning time, it goes down to 1samuel to 2kings because it was the time David lived, it then goes to new testament where we have Matthew, luke and John because it was time Jesus lived before he was crucified, at this time,(also known as days of John the Baptist ) Jesus met Nicodemus and told him except you are born again you cannot see Christianity, you cannot see holy spirit , because there was no Christianity at that time.
Christianity only exist after the resurrection,
holy spirit or comforter came after resurrection, without resurrection no salvation, no Christianity, no holy spirit.
after that time of Matthew,mark, luke and John where Jesus met Nicodemus , we have the time of book of act of the apostles where Christianity was fully established on earth at the day of pentecost, That was the first time the holy spirit came upon men, not the time of Nicodemus and born again .
So, this one you are saying born again are spirit filled Christians it is not correct.
Rather, the disciples who received the comforter at pentecost in the time of the book of act where the spirit filled christians, not the disciples who followed Jesus (including nicodemus) as at the time he was about to be crucified.
The 12 disciples who followed Jesus before he was crucified, non of them had the holy spirit at that time, they were yet to be christians, they were still in transition from Judaism to Christianity.
So, born again means to follow Christ (to be a disciple of Jesus, following him to Jerusalem where the kingdom of God was to be revealed at his resurrection )
that is why he told Nicodemus, except a man is born again (except a man leave all his belongings and follow me as my disciple to Jerusalem, he cannot see the kingdom of God at Jerusalem (if u are not there u can't see ), he cannot see Christianity which was to come at Jerusalem )
Therefore Christianity is the kingdom of God.
He told them, strive to enter the gate (meaning, hold your believe in me until I'm crucified, then u will see the kingdom )
Peter says we have left all and follow thee( towards Jerusalem ).
he told him, your reward is eternal life (the kingdom at Jerusalem )
So, mr man
we have read this bible and understand it.
You cannot come and scatter things.
God is not an author of confusion,
The Bible is so contextual and straight forward, it require high level of thinking to understand it

Re: Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? by paxonel(m): 8:22am On Dec 21, 2015
brocab:
You have no understanding in any of the scriptures-Christians wasn't a name used back then-but disciples were.
Quote> The bible is so contextual and straight forward, it requires high level of thinking to understand it.
What a lot of rubbish-God had written the bible simple, for all walks of life to understand, we have Children bibles, we have teenage bibles, and we have adult bibles, Jesus made away for all man kind to read the word of God.
Quote>We have read this bible and understand it, you can not come and scatter things, God is not an author of confusion.
Luke 1:41 "When Elisabeth heard Mary's greetings the baby leaped in her womb, and Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit. Well you are wrong about the Holy Spirit not being around before Jesus was crucified. Jesus had the Spirit of God living inside of Him.
Matthew 16:13-17 "Jesus asked His disciples who do you think I am, some say, John the Baptise, others said, Elijah, and others said Jeremiah or one of the prophets. He said to them, who do you say, that I am? Simon Peter then said, "You are the Christ the Son of the living God. Jesus answered and said to him, "Bless are you Simon bar-Jonah, For flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but My Father who is in Heaven.
The Holy Spirit is the massager
The Holy Spirit was working back then, as He works in us today.
One day each year the high priest would draw aside the veil and enter the Holy of Holies, to make atonement for the nation of Israel.
Aaron being high priest that year would meet the Spirit of God inside the temple behind the veil, for peoples sins and repentance.

So yes the Spirit was working within the disciples, when Jesus was around.
You heard it, from the word, Jesus said, it was His Father that revealed it to Peter, God is Spirit.
i didn't say children cannot understand Bible.
Adults can breakdown the complexity of Bible for children to understand, that's why we have children Bible.
Infact, all what i have just said here was first spoken to me by a 16 years old child in the UK. Meanwhile, among all the elderly popular prominent pastors in Africa where i am living do not understand these things.
ok, sorry
i was talking about the comforter, the holy spirit in Jesus Christ that make us christians and consequently we have eternal life.
Not the holy spirit that can come upon any individual once in a while to empower him overcome specific challenges.
The Holy spirit (the comforter ) is the spirit of the church(people, not building ) which is the permanent holy spirit that was born out of Faith at pentecost that Jesus dwells in all christians permanently which is God's kingdom on earth, this is the holy spirit born again disciples who followed Jesus before he was crucified never had. Except they were born again by following Jesus to Jerusalem , they will never have this kind of holy spirit(comforter at pentecost at Jerusalem ) which is God's kingdom on earth . This holy spirit (comforter ) is different from the holy spirit (God's spirit ) possessed by all humans in that, this conforter was specifically for salvation,eternal life and can also empower christians overcome specific challenges at Gods will. that is what I'm talking about. The other kind of holy spirit (God's spirit ) which was breathed by God when he created Adam as the life of God, works temporarily. Everyone have it ,whether you are Christian or not(including the born agains who followed Christ before he was crucified ). That is the one you saw in old testament and Peter having the ability to identify Jesus as the Messiah when Jesus asked, who do men say i am?
If they were the same kind of holy spirit, there will be no need sending the comforter in the first place. It should also be noted that, the moment Jesus resurrected the comforter came, born again sieze to exist at that point as there was no physical Jesus to follow again . Therefore we are christians, not born agains. Born again was a means to the kingdom which is Christianity on earth (except ye be born again you cannot see the kingdom ) and not the kingdom itself.
Christianity is the kingdom itself.
Who founded Christianity?
Jesus Christ.
when did he founded the Christianity?
when he resurrected from dead.
Born again was an inferior state to Christianity.
Jesus says the least person in the kingdom (Christianity ) is greater than born again (John the Baptist )
remember, John the baptist never saw Christianity (the kingdom ). He died before Christianity was established. The same goes to Judas Iscariot, all these people were all born again, they were Jesus disciples
so, i preferred to be called a Christian than to be called born again.
it sounds like revelation isn't it?
go and look at your Bible again

1 Like

Re: Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? by marykaydee: 9:50am On Dec 21, 2015
paxonel:

Adults can breakdown the complexity of Bible for children to understand, that's why we have children Bible.
Infact, all what i have just said here was first spoken to me by a 16 years old child in the UK. Meanwhile, among all the elderly popular prominent pastors in Africa where i am living do not understand these things.
ok, sorry
i was talking about the comforter, the holy spirit in Jesus Christ that make us christians and consequently we have eternal life.
Not the holy spirit that can come upon any individual once in a while to empower him overcome specific challenges.
The Holy spirit (the comforter ) is the spirit of the church(people, not building ) which is the permanent holy spirit that was born out of Faith at pentecost that Jesus dwells in all christians permanently which is God's kingdom on earth, this is the holy spirit born again disciples who followed Jesus before he was crucified never had. Except they were born again by following Jesus to Jerusalem , they will never have this kind of holy spirit(comforter at pentecost at Jerusalem ) which is God's kingdom on earth . This holy spirit (comforter ) is different from the holy spirit (God's spirit ) possessed by all humans in that, this conforter was specifically for salvation,eternal life and can also empower christians overcome specific challenges at Gods will. that is what I'm talking about. The other kind of holy spirit (God's spirit ) which was breathed by God when he created Adam as the life of God, works temporarily. Everyone have it ,whether you are Christian or not(including the born agains who followed Christ before he was crucified ). That is the one you saw in old testament and Peter having the ability to identify Jesus as the Messiah when Jesus asked, who do men say i am?
If they were the same kind of holy spirit, there will be no need sending the comforter in the first place. It should also be noted that, the moment Jesus resurrected the comforter came, born again sieze to exist at that point as there was no physical Jesus to follow again . Therefore we are christians, not born agains. Born again was a means to the kingdom which is Christianity on earth (except ye be born again you cannot see the kingdom ) and not the kingdom itself.
Jesus Christ.
Jesus says the least person in the kingdom (Christianity ) is greater than born again (John the Baptist )
remember, John the baptist never saw Christianity (the kingdom ). He died before Christianity was established. The same goes to Judas Iscariot, all these people were all born again, they were Jesus disciples

Amazing. Liberating! Thank you
Re: Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? by paxonel(m): 9:11am On Dec 22, 2015
marykaydee:

Amazing. Liberating! Thank you
you are welcome

1 Like

Re: Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? by brocab: 4:05pm On Dec 24, 2015
"No" but you said this! Quote>The bible is so contextual and straight forward it requires high level of thinking to understand it.
With this statement, it can only mean-you yourself believe you have a bigger IQ, then the rest of us.
So of course a child couldn't understand the scriptures, nor a teenager-but with your IQ level-you believe no-one can.
I have news for you-the bible was written simple.
And this is how?
The Holy Spirit was working back then and he is working in us all now. Elisabeth had the Holy Spirit-Mary also had the Holy spirit, Elisabeth said: the Holy Spirit leap inside her as Mary walked in. After Jesus and John was born, the Spirit then continualed with Jesus and John, it was the Holy Spirit who walked with them with their ministry's. Jesus and John was full of the Holy Spirit.
After Jesus had died-He sent the disciples another comforter {Holy Spirit} who taught them, more about the word of God.
Only because Jesus wanted all man kind to spread His gospel, no-one can understand the scriptures without having the Holy Spirit.

We all know the bible is written Spirituality, and it takes the Spirit to guild us through the scriptures.
The Holy Spirit also met up with Aaron each year in the temple-So it proves the Holy Spirit travels where He is needed.
After Jesus died, the temple was no-longer needed, it was torn in two, {Jesus predicted this will happen} Jesus had made away for the temple to be built in each person' where now everyone can enjoy the comforts of the Spirit living in us all, like He done with His disciples.
As you can see the Holy Spirit-is never in one place, He moves like the wind.
Jesus and John was born with the Spirit.
This is why it's important to be born again-so we too can share the same Holy Spirit-Jesus and John had since birth, and allow that same Spirit to guild us, as He did with Jesus and John in their ministry's.
So the message's will spread the gospel across the nations-this is the same gospel Jesus's disciples were taught by Him, and the Holy Spirit.
And in this day and age the gospel is continualing to spread at a faster rate.
The Holy Spirit has been around since day one, and He will continual to stay around.

The Spirit of God, the Son and the Holy Spirit are one in all.
paxonel:

ok, sorry
Jesus Christ.
Re: Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? by paxonel(m): 5:05pm On Dec 24, 2015
brocab:
"No" but you said this! Quote>The bible is so contextual and straight forward it requires high level of thinking to understand it. With this statement, it can only mean-you yourself believe you have a bigger IQ, then the rest of us.
So of course a child couldn't understand the scriptures, nor a teenager-but with your IQ level-you believe no-one can.
I have news for you-the bible was written simple.
And this is how?
The Holy Spirit was working back then and he is working in us all now. Elisabeth had the Holy Spirit-Mary also had the Holy spirit, Elisabeth said: the Holy Spirit leap inside her as Mary walked in. After Jesus and John was born, the Spirit then continualed with Jesus and John, it was the Holy Spirit who walked with them with their ministry's. Jesus and John was full of the Holy Spirit.
After Jesus had died-He sent the disciples another comforter {Holy Spirit} who taught them, more about the word of God.
Only because Jesus wanted all man kind to spread His gospel, no-one can understand the scriptures without having the Holy Spirit.

We all know the bible is written Spirituality, and it takes the Spirit to guild us through the scriptures.
The Holy Spirit also met up with Aaron each year in the temple-So it proves the Holy Spirit travels where He is needed.
After Jesus died, the temple was no-longer needed, it was torn in two, {Jesus predicted this will happen} Jesus had made away for the temple to be built in each person' where now everyone can enjoy the comforts of the Spirit living in us all, like He done with His disciples.
As you can see the Holy Spirit-is never in one place, He moves like the wind.
Jesus and John was born with the Spirit.
This is why it's important to be born again-so we too can have that same Spirit-John and Jesus carried in their ministry's.
Which now had spread across the nations-until this day-we are the new disciples spreading the gospel-this is the same gospel Jesus's disciples were taught by Him.
And in this day and age the gospel is continualing to spread at a faster rate. The Holy Spirit has been around since day one, and He will continual to stay around.
The Spirit of God, the Son and the Holy Spirit are one in all.
look,
i have not said all i have said to contest IQ with you or anybody ok.
I'm pointing out some hidden facts of the Bible to you may be you didn't see it the way i saw it, and i don't expect you to grab everything at once.
I'm expecting you to read my post, go back to your Bible and cross check it again.
i told you a 16 years old boy first pointed it to me, that was in 2012. i was 19 then.
i never told him he is trying to prove he has a higher IQ than me. Instead, i humbled myself and go back to my Bible and cross check, it took me another one year to arive at what the boy saw, that was after i went through the new testament from Matthew to revelation on and on like 5 times repeatedly.
The next time i saw him he told me he didn't read through the new testament once, infact he never had time, But he was thought in Sunday school series of classes.
That means, if i had someone to teach me i wouldn't have gone through the stress of reading through the new testament 5 times repeatedly.
Re: Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? by brocab: 5:13pm On Dec 24, 2015
So what did the boy tell you-and what did you find?
paxonel:

look,
i have not said all i have said to contest IQ with you or anybody ok.
I'm pointing out some hidden facts of the Bible to you may be you didn't see it the way i saw it, and i don't expect you to grab everything at once.
I'm expecting you to read my post, go back to your Bible and cross check it again.
i told you a 16 years old boy first pointed it to me, that was in 2012. i was 19 then.
i never told him he is trying to prove he has a higher IQ than me. Instead, i humbled myself and go back to my Bible and cross check, it took me another one year to arive at what the boy saw, that was after i went through the new testament from Matthew to revelation on and on like 5 times repeatedly.
The next time i saw him he told me he didn't read through the new testament once, infact he never had time, But he was thought in Sunday school series of classes.
That means, if i had someone to teach me i wouldn't have gone through the stress of reading through the new testament 5 times repeatedly.
Re: Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? by brocab: 10:05pm On Dec 24, 2015
The importance of receiving the Holy Spirit and why Jesus had sent His comforter.
Elisabeth and Mary were at the same time, both filled with the Holy Spirit.
First John the baptise-then Jesus arrived.
Both men were filled with the Holy Spirit-born with the Holy Spirit-walked with the Holy Spirit-working their ministry's with the Holy Spirit.
Mark 1:2 "As it is written in Isaiah the prophet, I will send My messenger a head of you, to prepare your way.
John was known as the messenger. Jesus was known as the Christ.
After John had baptised Jesus He seen something like a dove above His head-hearing the voice of God, saying behold this is My Son.
This proves the Holy Spirit moves like the wind. His everywhere.
Aaron would meet the Holy Spirit once every year in His chambers behind the veil, for the people's sins and repentance.
This same Spirit spoke through Peter, saying you are the Son of the living God. Jesus said: this did not come from Fresh and blood, but from My Father in Heaven.
So we can see the importance why we need the Holy Spirit. No-one understands the bible without having the Holy Spirit-guiding them, step by step. The bible was written Spirituality-and it's the Spirit {Comforter} that teaches us the scriptures.
This is why we must be born again-so we can share the same Holy Spirit Jesus and John had with them while they were doing their ministry's.
The Spirit is important, Jesus and John were born with the Holy Spirit-this is why Jesus said to Nicodemus one must be born again, before they can enter into the kingdom of God.
Remember Jesus and John were "born" with the Holy Spirit-the Holy Spirit guided them both, teaching them both as they grew. At 12 years of age, Jesus was preaching to the Pharisees, it was the Holy Spirit that leap in Elisabeth's womb-it was the Holy Spirit that told John behold this is the lamb of God.
Christ gave us His comforter, the same comforter He gave to His disciples-this is why we need to be born again, Like Jesus He was born with the Holy Spirit.
The Holy Spirit was already with Jesus and John when they were in the wombs-when God had planted His seed, the Holy Spirit had entered both women.
The Holy Spirit is needed so we can be taught like the disciples were taught-back then, It's the Spirit that leads us to the word of God. Its the Spirit that told the disciples how to write the scriptures, as God had planned it will.
This is the importance why one must be born again. Born from above.
Re: Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? by paxonel(m): 7:10am On Dec 25, 2015
brocab:
So what did the boy tell you-and what did you find?
lol
i won't repeat myself all over again,
you notice someone liked and complemented my post that it relief him or her .
That means the fellow has been reading his or her Bible diligently without any influence of sentiments born of personal beliefs as if he or she know nothing, abandoning all what he or she has heard before, facing the Scripture squarely for it curriculum
This shows that some people are understanding what i'm driving at while you are not getting a clue.
It is normal.
little wounder, out of the vast jews in jesus time,few people understood Jesus parables and the mystery of God's kingdom while the vast majority including the scribes and Pharisees where lost. consequently, few people entered the kingdom.
Infact you and I are already in that kingdom by grace not by what we know .
so, whether you understand me or not it does not change anything
i rest my case here .
lol
Re: Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? by brocab: 1:25pm On Dec 25, 2015
So you would rather listen to a 16 year old, who was taught by someone in a Sunday school every week, never really studied the bible himself, not even for those 12 months you were waiting to see him once again, because the 16 year old was to busy doing other things..
In the mean time you had read the bible 5 times over. Why 5 times, is it because you had dealt about what the young fellow had said-did you find what he had said?
Do you humble yourself to everyone who claims they know the bible-without any evidence.
I asked you a simple question and you had refused to give me the answers-so do I question the fact, that you are not speaking the truth.
You seem to be big noting yourself-that someone had thanked you-after writing your Quote-I seen Him/her as someone who is searching for the truth-and every bit of info was helpful to him/her.
So don't credit yourself-give the credit to God-you do believe you were writing the truth, "Don't you?
Below doesn't make any sense, Jesus spoke in parables, so people could understand His word, He spoke in away so the herds men, the farmers, the shepherds and the fisher men, the shock men, could understand. My sheep follow Me-Come follow Me and I will make you fishers of men He talked about the vineyards-the vines-everything He spoke about so they could understand.
The wisdom and the knowledge this man had from God, Had turned heads around, people would worship Him.

But not all the people, only because like the 16 year old-they were to busy doing other things.
Not just the 11 disciples were at pentecost-their were many more believers who were made into disciples as well-all of them had received the Holy Spirit.
And it's this same Spirit travelling like the wind, till this day.
Not just a few' entered the kingdom of God-I don't understand you call yourself a believer' and you only believe just a small few entered into God's kingdom?
What do you honestly believe the disciples ended just after Jesus was crucified, No they worked harder and past on His message.

The gospel was written-and their preaching was stronger-the word of God was spreading throughout the regions. They were pulling in the crowds like Jesus did. If the people didn't know what Jesus was talking about, the crowds would have stop coming. They were still coming after Jesus, it's the word of God that drew the people in, like fishermen catching the fish.
The disciples learned as they went along-they asked questions and Jesus gave them the answers, before and after Jesus's death-if it wasn't Jesus teaching them-it was the Holy Spirit the comforter-this is how the scriptures were written-before and after.
paxonel:

lol
i won't repeat myself all over again,
you notice someone liked and complemented my post that it relief him or her .
That means the fellow has been reading his or her Bible diligently without any influence of sentiments born of personal beliefs as if he or she know nothing, abandoning all what he or she has heard before, facing the Scripture squarely for it curriculum
This shows that some people are understanding what i'm driving at while you are not getting a clue.
It is normal.
little wounder, out of the vast jews in jesus time,few people understood Jesus parables and the mystery of God's kingdom while the vast majority including the scribes and Pharisees where lost. consequently, few people entered the kingdom.
Infact you and I are already in that kingdom by grace not by what we know .
so, whether you understand me or not it does not change anything
i rest my case here .
lol
Re: Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? by orisa37: 2:03pm On Dec 25, 2015
All ceremonies in the Roman Catholic system are designed, applied and practised to make you Born Again. Check them up. There are controversies everywhere in practically around every human endevours, so the Roman Catholic is no exception. Confirmation Ceremony, only, is the beginning of being Born Again in Anglicanism. Born Againism is controversial and polarized in Penticostal system. It is either they know too much about it or know nothing at all.

2 Likes

Re: Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? by brocab: 2:12pm On Dec 25, 2015
You need to stick with the Roman Catholic Church. Who knows nothing about one being born again. If they did-well they don't practice it, they are still baptising babies.
To be born again we must do it by choice-this is what Jesus was preferring to when talking with Nicodemus, Jesus had left us His comforter, because He wanted us to learn-more about Him and His kingdom.
Now we cant do that without Him-can we?
Without the Holy Spirit-we end up following another doctrine-trying to confuse the world.
orisa37:
All ceremonies in the Roman Catholic system are designed, applied and practised to make you Born Again. Check them up. There are controversies everywhere in practically around every human endevours, so the Roman Catholic is no exception. Confirmation Ceremony, only, is the beginning of being Born Again in Anglicanism. Born Againism is controversial and polarized in Penticostal system. It is either they know too much about it or know nothing at all.
Re: Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? by paxonel(m): 4:58pm On Mar 22, 2016
brocab:
You need to stick with the Roman Catholic Church. Who knows nothing about one being born again. If they did-well they don't practice it, they are still baptising babies.
To be born again we must do it by choice-this is what Jesus was preferring to when talking with Nicodemus, Jesus had left us His comforter, because He wanted us to learn-more about Him and His kingdom.
Now we cant do that without Him-can we?
Without the Holy Spirit-we end up following another doctrine-trying to confuse the world.
They know absolutely nothing at all about born again grin
Re: Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? by brocab: 4:57pm On Apr 15, 2016
And it sounds neither you know anything about being born again.
If you Catholic's were born again Christians you wouldn't be worshipping the Mother of Jesus.
Theirs only one mediator.
paxonel:

They know absolutely nothing at all about born again grin
Re: Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? by queentessense(f): 10:38pm On Apr 15, 2016
EddyTells:
@IAN, AM NOT JUDGINGGGG NO ONE for the nth time

If you know why they pray to Mary and bow to her, just tell me.................... simple

do you believe the bible is 100% correct...where you there when it was written...did apostle Paul actually exist....how are you sure that those who wrote the bible were under the influence of the holy spirit as claimed...what can you use as proof to substantiate the veracity of the Bible and your beliefs ...
all am trying to point out is you can't claim to be born again or serve God if you have no personal encounter with Him...I can explain the bible away and challenge you...I however can't challenge your personal experience. ..
same goes to the rosary, I believe in Mary's intercession because it has worked and never failed me...I have the personal experiences to back the power of the rosary. if it doesn't work why are my prayers answered. ...
as for statues. ..I don't bow to statues but don't condemn those who do...who am I to say it doesn't work for them....
Re: Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? by brocab: 6:49pm On Jun 04, 2016
You would know if you are born again, born again Christians can't help themselves always seeking the truth, day in and day out a born again's mission is finding ways to please their God and savour Jesus Christ.
{Luke 4:8} Jesus answered and said unto him, Get behind Me Satan, for it is written you shall worship the Lord your God and in Him only you shall serve.
This is how you recognise a born again Christian.
So when you say you pray to rosary's and others bow down to statues, then we know you yourselves are not a born again Christian. Born again Christians don't use idol's of any items to pray or to worship God, we seek directly to Him.
Jesus said, one must be born again before he could enter into the kingdom of God.
Think about what Jesus had said.
queentessense:

do you believe the bible is 100% correct...where you there when it was written...did apostle Paul actually exist....how are you sure that those who wrote the bible were under the influence of the holy spirit as claimed...what can you use as proof to substantiate the veracity of the Bible and your beliefs ...
all am trying to point out is you can't claim to be born again or serve God if you have no personal encounter with Him...I can explain the bible away and challenge you...I however can't challenge your personal experience. ..
same goes to the rosary, I believe in Mary's intercession because it has worked and never failed me...I have the personal experiences to back the power of the rosary. if it doesn't work why are my prayers answered. ...
as for statues. ..I don't bow to statues but don't condemn those who do...who am I to say it doesn't work for them....

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Is It Only Africans That Believe In The Existence Of Ghosts And Witches? / Evangelist Billy Graham Dies At 99 / Pastor Adeboye Blesses Handkerchiefs At RCCG 2017 Congress

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 285
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.