Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,137 members, 7,818,426 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:18 PM

Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? (23018 Views)

Do Catholics Worship Statues? | Catholic Answers / Toni Payne Blasts Chris Okotie For Saying "All Catholics Will Go To Hell" / Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? by trinigirl1(f): 4:06pm On Dec 22, 2006
blackmamba the pseudo anatagonist has arrived. undecided
Re: Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? by nossycheek(f): 1:58pm On Apr 16, 2007
@Hind-holder
You did a good historical analysis. But I believe we are talking about salvation of our soul and not some Roman traditions.

I am a born catholic, baptized, confirmed and wedded in the church but there are so many doctrines in the church that are not bible based but mere traditions of the church.

And now talking about born-again, the church frowns at such. Even clapping of hands and dancing are taboo in some parishes while shouting of "praise the lord, haleluyah' are akin to penticostals and are frowned at. Although, some parishes are undergoing modernisation, depending on the exposure of the Priest. The earlier charismatics were casatigated and mocked and in some instances driven away from the church and where they remain, they must be controlled to conform to the teachings of the church.

The church strongly believes in good work getting us to Heaven and that purgatory is real (me i no gree oh!) Sin is sin even though the church classifies them into Venial and Mortal sins (small and big).

Seemingly penticostal names like Victory, Praise are not accepted as baptismal name instead we bear Anathasius, Cyprian, Agnes, Agatha, Ignatius etc. (saints names).

Roman catholicism is more of a tradition lipsrsealed
Re: Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? by ATLANTA96(m): 2:16am On May 22, 2007
they don't believe in born again,
Re: Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? by TellyB(m): 7:03am On May 22, 2007
I know of quite a few Catholics who talk about their believing in being born again. Question is HOW and WHAT that translates into for them.
Re: Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? by PTBNaija(f): 2:09pm On Aug 12, 2007
Grouppoint:

Catholics beleive in being born again. Perhaps they do not profess it - Which is a requirement. They believe that by baptism, you are brought into the family of God. However, This is mostly done in infancy- which is wrong again, because one has to make the decision willingly.

Regarding the issue of whether they worship mary. The Catholic church have declared that Mary as Co- Redemtrix with Christ. When the Church invokes Mary under the title, "Coredemptrix", she means that Mary uniquely participated in the redemption of the human family by Jesus Christ, Our Lord and Saviour. , Is this worship, Adoration, Honour? Make of this what you will.

Also, when Catholics pray the rosary, 10 'hail Marys' before 1 'Our father'. Does it mean that they honour Mary 10 times more than the Father? Again, your guess is as good as mine.

If Christ specifically said 'No one can come to the Father except through me', then why are we talking about coming to Christ through His earthly mother, when the ultimate request is to the Father.

As stated in an earlier post, one needs to study Church history and then it becomes clearer (or more confusing) the reasons wh Catholics do what they do.

I absolutely agree, many good points.
Re: Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? by wwwpastor1: 4:27pm On Sep 12, 2007
The Catholic cathecism teaches that people become christians through water baptism, yet the truth is that to have ones name written in the Book of Life, one must be regenarated in the spirit man which is an operation carried out by the Holy Spirit. Baptism is of value only after that, else it would just be a mere ritual which cannot give eternal live. Further more, they are that taught that Church (that is Catholic Church) saves, yet we know that it is only Jesus the Christ that saves. They are further taught that there is no salvation ouside the Catholic Church, yet we know that instead, there is no salvation outside Christ.

As for the doctrines, there are so many things introduced into the church when the pagan-Roman emperors took over the Church. The church leaders of today would want to sweep under the carpet the atrocities of the dark ages, yet we know that people like Huss, were burnt publicly for daring to translate the Bible from Latin/Hebrew/Greek to English language by the same church that claims sole ownership to salvation.

The bowing to images is very logical but not spiritual in any sense. The worship of God (who incidentantly is a Spirit) is in the spirit and besides, it really looks funny to imagine Apostle Peter (who they claim was the 1st Pope) to be bowing to to graven images in the name of honour. Al those things crept in into the church when pagan emperors took over the church.

Jesus is the one making intercession for us as the scripture says. For there is only one God and only one Mediator between God and men, Jesus the Christ.

Shalom.
Re: Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? by orobo50cl(m): 7:39pm On Sep 12, 2007
you people just like to talk rubbish sha! Anytime una see catholic forum, una prick go just stand and get erection to de yan rubbish about catholics. today na born again, tomorrow, dem de worship statute, next week, dem be pagan! How that one concern you and them? Shebi una say una de follow christ and be God pikin, why you no worry about whether you go enter heaven first before other people. Abi you wan save others come go hell?

Abeg mind your own business and face your own church and it's doctrines and leave catholics alone angry
Re: Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? by cgift(m): 8:47pm On Sep 12, 2007
They emphasize works as a means of salvation thereby nullifying grace. To many wrong things causd by men's doctrines. Pagan's took over like someone said and infused it with demonic doctrines that were being practisd back in the days in order to transmute people from pagan worship to God.

For instance, it was pagan worship that had the statute of a woman (presumed a virgin) carrying a child. In order to make the worshippers of this religion "accept Christ", they had to import / borrow that aspect of pagan worship from them to woo them to their side. The trick worked. Many catholics do nto know their violent history to say the least.

They do not know the relationship they have with Islam and other occultic religions of the past. They simply are too simple to know.
Re: Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? by cgift(m): 9:23pm On Sep 12, 2007
orobo 50cl:

you people just like to talk rubbish sha! Anytime una see catholic forum, una prick go just stand and get erection to de yan rubbish about catholics. today na born again, tomorrow, them de worship statute, next week, them be pagan! How that one concern you and them?

Orobo shaaarrrrrrrpppp!!!

Wetin you dey yearn? If ordinary 50cl pepsi or coke dey shack you, i wonder wetin go happen to you if you take gordon sparks? (kidding though)grin

orobo 50cl:

Shebi una say una de follow christ and be God pikin, why you no worry about whether you go enter heaven first before other people. Abi you wan save others come go hell?

Christainity (not catholicism) is so simple that you do not need to have manmade teachings infused and pushed down ones throat in order to know and enjoy Christ. The promise of heaven is so sure and more real than any physical object; thanks to God who sent his Holy Spirit during pentecost. The Holy Spirit guides, teaches, comforts the true christain. It is the absence fo the Holy Spirit of God that is making Catholics stick to a physical mode of worshipping (only God knows what because too many doctrines/teachings of theirs are completely unscriptural).

There is no shaking concerning heaven.

orobo 50cl:

Abeg mind your own business and face your own church and it's doctrines and leave catholics alone angry

We wont need to mind our business because it is criminal, sinful and unlawful to see what is wrong (in this case millions of people queing up for 'pugartory' (another wrong doctrine) and not comment. So any scolding, rebuttals you see here is more often than not, borne out of love.
Re: Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? by orobo50cl(m): 10:31pm On Sep 12, 2007
We wont need to mind our business because it is criminal, sinful and unlawful to see what is wrong (in this case millions of people queing up for 'pugartory' (another wrong doctrine) and not comment. So any scolding, rebuttals you see here is more often than not, borne out of love.

Una see as person de find something wey no lost? angry

de way una de talk be like say una don join spiritual efcc and you can do no wrong! Everytime, catholics be pagans, catholic be ppl wey de say we de go purgatory, catholic they preach doctrine way no de scriptures. Oya we gree! Thank you we don hear. Mr i too holy pass all the catholics sad. Oya come flog us with koboko now say we de practice our own doctrine. How wetin we de do de affect you? You say una love us and you wan save us, As i repeat earlier on, "WHO BEG YOU". Why say na only catholics una like to de find our trouble. You see cele, you no yan. You say cherubim, you no yan. You see Muslim, you no yan. You see Catholics, immediately, una prick go strong, come get erection to they misyan everytime. How you know say if Jesus come now now, you go enter heaven before me?

Everybody, face your own scriptures, doctrine and bibles and if you like another person own, convert , If you no like, free them and they go your own jeje, which one be all this constant harassment towards catholics and their doctrines self. If you no like wetin them de talk, change your radio channel, shikena! angry No matter what you say or try and tease us with your sarcarcsms, and endless quotes and comparisoms btw the bible and the doctrines of the catholic church wont prevent us from going to the catholic church on sundays and any other day. Get used to it! wink
Re: Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? by pilgrim1(f): 10:36pm On Sep 12, 2007
@orobo,

orobo 50cl:

Abeg mind your own business and face your own church and it's doctrines and leave catholics alone

Na our bizness we dey mind jeje, I hope you understand? You for pass that message to Pope wey no go let non-Catholics be on their own. grin
Re: Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? by orobo50cl(m): 12:48am On Sep 13, 2007
@ Pilgrim

Na our bizness we dey mind jeje, I hope you understand? You for pass that message to Pope wey no go let non-Catholics be on their own.

How the pope disturb you with him comments. He talk say make them shoot you or make them knack you? The last time the man yan something wey offend other denominations, shey him no apologize for him yans? Since then, shey he come out stroke any body wey no be catholics?

Abeg you guys stop refering to the past and move on, any thing wey don happen na june 12 and look to the future. Any small comment he make about christianity, people wey no be catholics go de find every fault for the speech. Even if he talk say *good morning o!*, dem go talk say, "Bible no use the word good morning, say na shalom dem use", so why pope and catholics go they use am! wink

All this yan of "i de jeje" na scope, no body disturb you. Na you just won form james bond come de prove bible past the apostles. If you wan de jeje, de read your bible and hold am for body and mind. If you wan share word of God, spread the love and we go accomodate you with open arms, but if you wan demean a particular denomination ( more especially catholics), abeg, just jejely sharapppppppp! and comot this thread because we no beg you and we no send you! angry
Re: Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? by pilgrim1(f): 9:04am On Sep 13, 2007
@orobo 50cl,

orobo 50cl:

How the pope disturb you with him comments. He talk say make them shoot you or make them knack you? The last time the man yan something wey offend other denominations, shey him no apologize for him yans? Since then, shey he come out stroke any body wey no be catholics?

Body dey bite you or you miss road? Did I go to Vatican to shoot the Pope or did I offend his bishopric for where I sidon my own jeje? If Pope wan yan opata, make e address im Mariolatry congregation wey na only sidon look dem sabi.

orobo 50cl:

Abeg you guys stop refering to the past and move on, any thing wey don happen na june 12 and look to the future. Any small comment he make about christianity, people wey no be catholics go de find every fault for the speech. Even if he talk say *good morning o!*, them go talk say, "Bible no use the word good morning, say na shalom them use", so why pope and catholics go they use am!

I don't remember anybody reporting the Pope's sad remarks as a 12th century event - it's quite a recent matter, and you should advise him to move on from the past instead of inviting what Catholics are unable to bear for eons. "Good morning" koo. . "Ut vales hatie mane" nii! grin

orobo 50cl:

All this yan of "i de jeje" na scope, no body disturb you.

Hehe. . na so e dey take start. grin When una neva tire for minding una bizness, you mus see sontin hala wey no consyn you.

orobo 50cl:

Na you just won form james bond come de prove bible past the apostles.

No wahala. Na Vatican be my Hollywood! grin

orobo 50cl:

If you wan de jeje, de read your bible and hold am for body and mind. If you wan share word of God, spread the love and we go accomodate you with open arms, but if you wan demean a particular denomination ( more especially catholics), abeg, just jejely sharapppppppp! and comot this thread because we no beg you and we no send you!

Wetin dey bite you? I no fit laugh! If Vatican wan share the love of God, the Papacy no go try to discredit non-Catholics. If you guys have nothing to share that is of spiritual benefit according to God's WORD, the Pope should not try to demean other Christians simply because they do not cower under his Mariolatry bishopric. All this desperate panic measures you guys trump up (as if they are better alternatives to sensibly address issues) are all too familiar a mechanical device copped out from Rome.

Labra lege: you're only feeling uneasy because Catholicism has been shown for what it truly is. No vex - that's what the Vatican has demonstrated to the world, and there's no hiding place from the heat! grin
Re: Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? by wwwpastor1: 9:42am On Sep 13, 2007
orobo 50cl:

@ Pilgrim

Abeg you guys stop refering to the past and move on,[b][/b] any thing wey don happen na june 12 and look to the future. Any small comment he make about christianity, people wey no be catholics go de find every fault for the speech. Even if he talk say *good morning o!*, them go talk say, "Bible no use the word good morning, say na shalom them use", so why pope and catholics go they use am! wink

Beloved orobo 50cl,

It is not as if we dont want to forget the past, yet the state of the chruch today is as a result of that past.  We know that a lot has changed; for example people like us would had been burnt at stake for "teaching heresy".  Yet, what is heretical to say that Salvation is by Grace and Faith in the Saviour, and not by human efforts and works.  What is heretical about teaching that
        There is only one mediator between God and Man - Jesus Christ the Lord and Saviour.

We are very sure of these facts; that those statues and images, rosery and stuffs like that, were never part of the Church pastored by Peter or any of the Apostles.   You might wonder what harm they do?  I have seen people who piut their trust in Scapulars instead of in Christ.  It looks both religious and spiritual, yet behind it is idolatory.

You might think that it is hatred for Catholics, yet it is that so many are dying and are going to perish for though they heard about Jesus, they never really trusted in Him.  Jesus is the Saviour, yet let me ask you orobo, are you saved now?  Is your name written in the Book Life?  If He comes today, are you ready to meet Him?  You might ask if I am ready?  Yes and yes!  The next question is how?  What am I making myself?  I am not making myself anything other than that I have discovered the Saviour of Mankind - Jesus the Christ and He is my Salvation, my victory and Eternal Life.  Salvation is real and God gives it free to men who humble themselves and put their trust in Him. This is the summary of this gospel.  
                                     "Jesus is alive and well, making sinners to become saints" yet, some teach that we are to remain sinners till the hour of death.  Jesus died to set us free from sin and Satans strong holds.  To become a christian is to be transfered from the kingdom of Satan into the kingdom of God.  Being born of the Spirit of God is real, New Life in Christ is real, Being Filled with the Holy Spirit is real, Salvation is real.  The Spirit of God bares witness with our spirit whether we are saved or not.  

Do you really think it is about church?  Beloved, there is no Catholic, Anglican, Deeper Life, Penticostal, Charismatic, Methodist or any of such things in Heaven.  There is only One God, One Thrown, One Saviour, One Flock, One Book of Life and finally, One Body of Christ, One Church (Those that are saved by Grace who worship the Lord in spirit and truth).  If your name is not yet in the Book of Life, then repent this very moment and ask the Lord for Salvation.  God bless you.
Re: Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? by orobo50cl(m): 5:57pm On Sep 13, 2007
@www_pastor

Appreciate your comments. Well noted. At least you put things in a better perspective, that promotes healthy discuss. Although we can continue this debate this way and probably come to a conclusion that would suit all of us. We all try to understand the word of God and though, we all have different interpretations of it, we still believe in God and i hope we do come to a compromise and learn from each other. Thanks for popping in this thread. Hope catholics will welcome you with open arms wink

@ pilgrim

You are nothing but a rabid monster trying to show over sabi with the things of the bible. Every thread i don see when concern catholics, you must de there to de spew your rubbish and crap. Only God know wetin catholics don do u personally when you just de misyan anyhow. There are more reasonable people like www_pastor that we would prefer to engage in healthy discussions , and we would welcome more with open arms, but you just like to de misyan. If you dont have anything to yan positively, please go to the yabbing threads and exhibit your foolishness and level of religious bigotry instead of teasing catholics. [size=15pt]D thing no de ever tire you to de talk rubbish? E no de ever tire you to de prove say you no bible pass God?[/size]

Abeg pls Jezebel gerroutttttttttt! from this thread, so that more reasonable non catholics who have something tangible to share can see space to explain the word of God properly. Winch grin
Re: Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? by pilgrim1(f): 6:17pm On Sep 13, 2007
@ orobo 50cl,

orobo 50cl:

@ pilgrim

You are nothing but a rabid monster trying to show over sabi with the things of the bible. Every thread i don see when concern catholics, you must de there to de spew your rubbish and crap.

Thank you well-well. grin  Again, like I often say to your colleagues, "that was being mild" - for it really does not come as a surrpise that being 'Catholic' would only bring out such appellations from you.

orobo 50cl:

Only God know wetin catholics don do u personally when you just de misyan anyhow. There are more reasonable people like www_pastor that we would prefer to engage in healthy discussions , and we would welcome more with open arms, but you just like to de misyan.

It's a simple thing: engage me where you suppose I dey "misyan", and let's have a discussion. If that one does not appeal to you, please again demonstrate how "mild" is your invitation as shown in your opening lines.

orobo 50cl:

If you don't have anything to yan positively, please go to the yabbing threads and exhibit your foolishness and level of religious bigotry instead of teasing catholics. D thing no de ever tire you to de talk rubbish? E no de ever tire you to de prove say you no bible pass God?

Hehe. . no vex - I no know say you nearly drown under the deluge of Catholicism being exposed for what the Vatican expressly has it to be on record. grin  No matter what anyone tries to discuss with you guys on Catholicism, it's always the same thing: you chaps have very "mild" remarks to make about others. grin

orobo 50cl:

Abeg please Jezebel gerroutttttttttt! from this thread, so that more reasonable non catholics who have something tangible to share can see space to explain the word of God properly. Winch grin

Thank you again. grin  I hope you don't have bad dreams tonight from the appellations you used. But I go still dey here until una behave.  Hahahaha!! grin

Cheers.
Re: Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? by orobo50cl(m): 6:52pm On Sep 13, 2007
Thank you well-well. Again, like I often say to your colleagues, "that was being mild" - for it really does not come as a surrpise that being 'Catholic' would only bring out such appellations from you.

See oro ode ( foolish talk )! So na only catholics fit bring out such appellations like me. See as you no get yans talk. Nobody don sterotype you, but only "catholics". Your aversion towards catholics is amazing and the more you dislike them, the more your unkind thoughts of catholics will increase the level of bile in your throat that will eventually rupture your spleen in future. Crazy xenophobic bigot.

It's a simple thing: engage me where you suppose I dey "misyan", and let's have a discussion. If that one does not appeal to you, please again demonstrate how "mild" is your invitation as shown in your opening lines.

Who invite you to discuss with people. Who beg you! yeye gate crasher! Na where dem no invite you na there dem go see you. I don read all your threads concerning catholics and your hell-bent on making catholics look stupid. If another person open another thread concerning catholics tomorrow, we go see your big head and mouth de run like super v engine de misyan and you de talk about "mild invitation". Na only you go bring out gist concerning Mariolatory! No be only Mariolatory, you no like Mariah carey. Kolo.

Hehe. . no vex - I no know say you nearly drown under the deluge of Catholicism being exposed for what the Vatican expressly has it to be on record. No matter what anyone tries to discuss with you guys on Catholicism, it's always the same thing: you chaps have very "mild" remarks to make about others.

Ok i wan drown! How that one concern you. who beg you! Aproko. We no see better people discuss with concerning catholics and " the deluge of catholicism being exposed for what the vatican expressly has it to be on record" and na from your mouth we wan hear am. Na only you go go find everything concerning catholics wey you no like. Only God know whether you de devote the same time for your day job. If you no get better thing do, go sweep main road to take up your time. E be like say, as you wake up, the first thing wey de your mind na, " How i go destroy catholics today". Abeg go siddon for one place and keep your stupid opinions to your self.

Thank you again. I hope you don't have bad dreams tonight from the appellations you used. But I go still dey here until una behave. Hahahaha!!

Thanks for confirming say you be winch wey go de worry person for night. No worry, no go anywhere o! Make you de siddon for this thread de misyan. Time go reach, expiry date go soon de your mouth and the same way you fly come this thread and other catholic threads, na the same way you go fly commot. Aje oshi! tongue
Re: Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? by pilgrim1(f): 7:06pm On Sep 13, 2007
@orobo 50cl,

orobo 50cl:

See oro ode ( foolish talk )! So na only catholics fit bring out such appellations like me. See as you no get yans talk. Nobody don sterotype you, but only "catholics". Your aversion towards catholics is amazing and the more you dislike them, the more your unkind thoughts of catholics will increase the level of bile in your throat that will eventually rupture your spleen in future. Crazy xenophobic bigot.

Lol. . . thank you again. grin  Now we know what Catholics are made of! Any more?

orobo 50cl:

Who invite you to discuss with people. Who beg you! yeye gate crasher! Na where them no invite you na there them go see you. I don read all your threads concerning catholics and your hell-bent on making catholics look stupid. If another person open another thread concerning catholics tomorrow, we go see your big head and mouth de run like super v engine de misyan and you de talk about "mild invitation". Na only you go bring out gist concerning Mariolatory! No be only Mariolatory, you no like Mariah carey. Kolo.

True - any thread on Catholicism will find me there, like it or not. There's no NAIRALAND rule that prohibits anyone from posting on any thread; so no worries. grin

orobo 50cl:

Ok i wan drown! How that one concern you. who beg you! Aproko. We no see better people discuss with concerning catholics and " the deluge of catholicism being exposed for what the vatican expressly has it to be on record" and na from your mouth we wan hear am. Na only you go go find everything concerning catholics wey you no like. Only God know whether you de devote the same time for your day job. If you no get better thing do, go sweep main road to take up your time. E be like say, as you wake up, the first thing wey de your mind na, " How i go destroy catholics today". Abeg go siddon for one place and keep your stupid opinions to your self.

Lol. . . I know say sontin touch you somewhere. grin If your day job na to sweep road, be proud of it and do it with all your might. There's nothing about Catholicism that disturbs a moment in my life - and I just like to take breaks to tease you guys so that the "holy-holy-holy" wey una dey sing will truly show itself in your lingo. Catholics should not take a heart attack for what the Vatican has shown the world for what Catholicism is; and if you feel someone is "destroying" you, we're surprised you could survive long enough to post your vexations. grin

orobo 50cl:

Thanks for confirming say you be winch wey go de worry person for night.

And thanks for being a true Catholic for calling someone else a "winch" wey no worry you! grin

orobo 50cl:

No worry, no go anywhere o! Make you de siddon for this thread de misyan. Time go reach, expiry date go soon de your mouth and the same way you fly come this thread and other catholic threads, na the same way you go fly commot. Aje oshi! tongue

Hehe. . o pity! grin  After hyperventing and all the name-calling, you don belleful? You dey fear to sleep peacefully at night? Abi hypertension go hold you before tomorrow? grin

Come back and show us some more about how terrified you are over nothing. grin
Re: Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? by orobo50cl(m): 7:26pm On Sep 13, 2007
I just like to take breaks to tease you guys so that the "holy-holy-holy" wey una dey sing will truly show itself in your lingo.

You see your stupidity at work? " I just like to take breaks to tease you guys so that the "holy-holy-holy" wey una dey sing will truly show itself in your lingo." You just summarize your foolishness for the whole world to know. Who de sing holy holy now, No be you. No be you de write epistle full all the catholic threads to show say you holy pass catholics? Foolish girl or woman grin Na you be the only goat on Nairaland wey like to the tease people based on God's words. No stop to de tease o! Your stupidity de entertain us. Please amaze us with your twaddles and hope you get the deserved fame and cheap popularity your hoping for due to your zealotry. xenophobic bigot grin
Re: Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? by pilgrim1(f): 7:35pm On Sep 13, 2007
@orobo 50cl,

orobo 50cl:

You see your stupidity at work? " I just like to take breaks to tease you guys so that the "holy-holy-holy" wey una dey sing will truly show itself in your lingo." You just summarize your foolishness for the whole world to know. Who de sing holy holy now, No be you. No be you de write epistle full all the catholic threads to show say you holy pass catholics? Foolish girl or woman grin Na you be the only goat on Nairaland wey like to the tease people based on God's words. No stop to de tease o! Your stupidity de entertain us. Please amaze us with your twaddles and hope you get the deserved fame and cheap popularity your hoping for due to your zealotry. xenophobic bigot grin

You really don't know what you're doing to your Catholic brethren - and by hyperventing with all the forced vexations, you're only confirming that Catholicism makes the melodramatic actors you guys exhibit of yourselves. grin How have you benefitted yourself from all the wasted effort to besmirch pilgrim.1? Try some more - your desperations are quite classic; but not enough to upgrade your salary from your road-sweeping job. grin
Re: Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? by cgift(m): 7:38pm On Sep 13, 2007
[b]Orobo [/b]my guy, which name you no go call [b]pilgrim [/b]finish? enh?

There is something you guys (catholics) are not getting at all. How are you different from muslims if all you do is pour out vituperations when touched in a most sensitive place. I thought your engagements would be intellectually enriching but alas, you seem to tell me that you havent got the virtue of patience and longsuffering. You need these virtues if you must know more about the God you profess to serve.

If our approach has been biteful, sorry about that but the intention is not to make catholicsm look foolish. We are only trying to weigh all matter and tst every spirit accorsing to the word of God. For your info, it is not only catholicism that has thrown up controversial issues, Islam, Jehovah Witness, Mormons, Grailers, and all sorts have very serious controversies surrounding them which we all tend to put forward and discuss.

Paul and the Apostles defended the faith. You must defend your faith to your best possible knowledge and weigh all things. The fact that you were born into a religion should not becloud your ability to reason. Put sentiments asides, and seek to know the truth. What do you know about the Godfathers in the Vatican for instance?
Re: Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? by orobo50cl(m): 8:07pm On Sep 13, 2007
You really don't know what you're doing to your Catholic brethren

E be like say na your favourite word be that! "Catholic brethren". You no get anybetter thing yan pass that one. Wetin concern you with catholic brethren again. Abi you don finish with mariah carey or super mario doctrine wey you de fight against. Were!

you're only confirming that Catholicism makes the melodramatic actors you guys exhibit of yourselves.

Xenophobic Arrow!, continue to make reference to catholicism. I dont even want to know what you worship or preach or what denomination you follow. All i know is that, once a xenophobic, forever one. And with your latest pet project Catholicism to hate, the peace that you are searching for in your life will continue to elude you. Oloshi

A popular proverb goes thus:If you use 10 years to learn madness, how long will you learn to practice it wink Spend your whole life researching on how to misyan about catholics and maybe your children will pick up from where mommy dearest stopped. Animal!

Try some more - your desperations are quite classic; but not enough to upgrade your salary from your road-sweeping job.

So the thing pain you well well when i say make you go siddon or find better job like sweeping road. I take am like advice for you, but from the way you de yan, e be like say na your real job! No vex. No wonder you get plenty time de go de do research to misyan against catholics. Make i give you better work do now. Since you be catholic xenophobic, no waste your time de write grammar for nairaland. Why you no go carry gun go de shoot any body wey be catholic, so that by tomorrow morning, your aim would be accomplished! Idiotic christian crusader wannabe grin
Re: Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? by orobo50cl(m): 8:25pm On Sep 13, 2007
@ cgift

In as much as i appreciate your comments, i'll still prefer you put your arguments succiently and wordings correctly. You claim we are being unreasonable in our arguments and intellectually not forthcoming in defences but, see certain things from your own statements and see if it would be right not to forcefully counterattack such statements:

There is something you guys (catholics) are not getting at all.

"you guys?" I never labeled anybody in this thread and i resent such tags. Please don't go the xenophobic way of that Animal pilgrim and address things properly.

How are you different from muslims if all you do is pour out virtupations when touched in a most sensitive place. I thought your engagements would be intellectually enriching but alas, you seem to tell me that you havent got the virtue of patience and longsuffering.

Please read that line again and tell me if the roles were reversed, you would just smile and jump up that someone has replied positively to your questions. Dont attack religions and give people tags (muslims, catholics, whoever). Not because the pope or other catholic elders say things that annoys other people, doesnt meant we all accept it 100% and they are a few catholics that challenge the staus quo about things and i don't need to challenge it and leave. That makes me a coward. I'll rather challenge things i think are wrong and make things right to conform with contemporary times, because the only thing constant with time is change, but no criticize and leave. Nobody's perfect, but we all try to attain perfection. So no qualms between 2 of us! wink

If our approach has been biteful, sorry about that but the intention is not to make catholicsm look foolish

Anyway, we appreciate the last comment and would look forward to engaging in educational debates. My attacks towards that goat pilgrim is because she takes pride in professing her pull down syndrome against catholics and as long as she teases catholics in her own way, am going to tease her in my own way.
Re: Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? by pilgrim1(f): 8:28pm On Sep 13, 2007
@orobo 50cl,

orobo 50cl:

E be like say na your favourite word be that! "Catholic brethren". You no get anybetter thing yan pass that one. Wetin concern you with catholic brethren again. Abi you don finish with mariah carey or super mario doctrine wey you de fight against. Were!

I hear. . . your desperations don weak, abi the person wey you dey borrow your hate vocab from don close shop for today? grin

orobo 50cl:

Xenophobic Arrow!, continue to make reference to catholicism. I don't even want to know what you worship or preach or what denomination you follow. All i know is that, once a xenophobic, forever one. And with your latest pet project Catholicism to hate, the peace that you are searching for in your life will continue to elude you. Oloshi

I'm not searching for what I have already! Your hypertensive retorts only make it all the more obvious you're seriously in need of what you don't wish others. grin  

you're right that "once a xenophobic, forever one" - that's why you continue to remain so.  grin

orobo 50cl:

A popular proverb goes thus: If you use 10 years to learn madness, how long will you learn to practice it wink

I see it took you more than a decade to learn yours - so that you're still struggling to practise it! Well done! grin

orobo 50cl:

Spend your whole life researching on how to misyan about catholics and maybe your children will pick up from where mommy dearest stopped.  Animal!

Lol, you must be one desperate fellow. I hope your money no go finish for cybercafé? grin What is there to "research" about Catholicism if the facts stand out for all to see? Which one point have you guys sanely pointed out is actually what you know your own Bible to teach?

orobo 50cl:

So the thing pain you well well when i say make you go siddon or find better job like sweeping road.

I feel sorry for you! If you were doing better than that, wetin make you advertise your CV of road-sweeping? grin

orobo 50cl:

I take am like advice for you, but from the way you de yan, e be like say na your real job! No vex.

Sorry, that is what people of your occupation always say. Try to to upgrade. . maybe them go make you supervisor opf the new expanded road, eh? cheesy

orobo 50cl:

No wonder you get plenty time de go de do research to misyan against catholics.

Oh c'mon bros. . u no fit take leave from your job if the thing dey pain you? Abi opata don finish for Vatican? grin

orobo 50cl:

Make i give you better work do now. Since you be catholic xenophobic, no waste your time de write grammar for nairaland. Why you no go carry gun go de shoot any body wey be catholic, so that by tomorrow morning, your aim would be accomplished! Idiotic christian crusader wannabe grin

I no surprise the kind recommendation wey you dey make. Is it true that when you close from the road-sweeping job, na gun you go carry for night? grin
Re: Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? by pilgrim1(f): 8:34pm On Sep 13, 2007
orobo 50cl:

"you guys?" I never labeled anybody in this thread and i resent such tags.

Lol, . . you "never" labelled anybody in this thread - and this is one example of your "mild" tags --

orobo 50cl:

Please don't go the xenophobic way of that Animal pilgrim and address things properly.

. . . thank you! grin The records stand out clear in yours.

orobo 50cl:

Anyway, we appreciate the last comment and would look forward to engaging in educational debates. My attacks towards that goat pilgrim is because she takes pride in professing her pull down syndrome against catholics and as long as she teases catholics in her own way, am going to tease her in my own way.

When you're done, forward your certificate to the Vatican - an award will be waiting for you! grin
Re: Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? by orobo50cl(m): 8:47pm On Sep 13, 2007
@pilgrim

So you call that epistle of your's about road sweeping a reply? See as you spend 4 hours on road sweeping gist alone. You be real fool, haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! grin You no get anything yan, na d yab of road sweeping de pain you.

Also which one be cafe gist again?, haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Your foolishness grows larger for each thread you de reply. You wan yab me but you no get better thing talk. All the nonsense about road and cafe you de yan don de make me sleep. Your making me feel bored with your weak and pathetic display of a comeback reply.

You de use style de dodge say you be idiotic xenophobic religious bigot. You wake up for morning na catholic, sleep for afternoon catholic, research for night about catholic. , You dis winch, e no de tire you! Olofo Ashi ere! No go research for your oga work tomorrow o! de siddon de research about how you go yab catholics tomorrow. Sory say i talk say you de sweep road. I no know say e go pain you like this. , Haaaaaaaaaaaaaa! grin Arrow.
Re: Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? by cgift(m): 8:53pm On Sep 13, 2007
Do Catholics believe in Being Born Again?
Re: Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? by pilgrim1(f): 8:59pm On Sep 13, 2007
@orobo 50cl,

orobo 50cl:

So you call that epistle of your's about road sweeping a reply? See as you spend 4 hours on road sweeping gist alone. You be real fool, haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! grin You no get anything yan, na d yab of road sweeping de pain you.

Is this what you have to give after 10 years of practising what you advertized? No worries, I'm used to comedies like yours.

orobo 50cl:

Also which one be cafe gist again?, haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Your foolishness grows larger for each thread you de reply. You wan yab me but you no get better thing talk.

Lol, see how your mind works - you've been hoping that I would "yab" you all this while. And when you don't get me returning that, you predictably come back wailing with "haaaaaaaa!" Wetin dey bite you? Abi fire don catch you for where you dey? grin  No, "yabbing" you is not the issue here - although you may bite your fingers till it bleeds in hope of detracting this thread.

orobo 50cl:

All the nonsense about road and cafe you de yan don de make me sleep.

So early? Just take style talk true say you don enter debt for not achieving your aims. grin

orobo 50cl:

Your making me feel bored with your weak and pathetic display of a comeback reply.

No - that's because you had hoped I was going to banter words with you. Sorry, I'm not Catholic, will not be, and as long as that is what Catholicism makes of you, please keep up the trade. grin

orobo 50cl:

You de use style de dodge say you be idiotic xenophobic religious bigot.

Thank you - I don hear. You don belleful now. . or you still get the one wey Vatican send you wey u never yet use? grin

orobo 50cl:

You wake up for morning na catholic, sleep for afternoon catholic, research for night about catholic. , You this winch, e no de tire you! Olofo Ashi ere! No go research for your oga work tomorrow o! de siddon de research about how you go yab catholics tomorrow. Sory say i talk say you de sweep road. I no know say e go pain you like this. , Haaaaaaaaaaaaaa! grin Arrow.

See how you dey confuse yourself! E don reach time for you to carry gun after your road sweeping skills? If I dey sweep road, wetin I dey do for office? Lol, orobo 50cl. . . find something else to say - all this "haaaaa" wey you dey make just simply tell us who you are! grin
Re: Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? by cgift(m): 9:07pm On Sep 13, 2007
Orobo 50cl,

What is your purpose concerning this sudden violent turn? To dissuade people from discussing burning issues? I am beginnning to suspect you o sad . Pilgrim, they'he has set a bait for you, you are falling for it.
Re: Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? by orobo50cl(m): 9:22pm On Sep 13, 2007
Ode omo, Who give you work for office? Oloshi ashiere! You de office and you de spend the whole day for internet de post xenophobic nonsense. Which kin yeye office be that whey de go de allow kolo like you de siddon for computer no achieve anything for office and end of month, you go follow them collect salary say i don work! Useless ghostworker. Or maybe the office you de work na where all the anti-catholic jezebels de do research for you and na your big head go assimilate everything come write for net. I no blame you! Na the yeye organization wey recruit you to de misyan against catholics na im i blame. Eyin were!

Also the nonsense about biting my fingers till it bleeds, is another lame and feeble attempt. Maybe na your mensturation period wey you de now, na im de block your brain to de think well. Hopeless idiot. Hope you dont bleed to death, so that you still have small strenght to spew the religious nonsense that we are accustomed to.

Sorry, I'm not Catholic, will not be, and as long as that is what Catholicism makes of you, please keep up the trade.

So if you no be catholic, wetin you de find for this thread. You think say u fit come yan nonsense about catholics come wan run go! Oloshi why you wan run. Shebi catholics no good abi? As long as you remain on this thread, na swear go de follow you all the days of your life. Anything you yan about catholics, we gree. But you wey no get religion follow, come get big mouth to de insult other people wey get abi? Both you and where you de worship, e no go better for una. E ma gbi na. Anything wey u put your mind to go fail as long as you get the iota of humilating catholics for your mind.

Useless xenophobic wor wor animal. grin
Re: Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? by cgift(m): 9:30pm On Sep 13, 2007
Oh my God! cry. I am embarassed.

Orobo, so you can descnd this low with profane communication to achieve your aims? This is not biblical. It is just ungodly. I am embarrassed. Is this war?
Re: Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? by orobo50cl(m): 9:43pm On Sep 13, 2007
@cgift

Please. I didnt insult you and i have no plans to do that to you. This girl had this coming and whether i digress so low to the deepest part of the world looking for insults for this girl, i'll do it. I have no qualms for what am saying to her. All her posts against catholics since i started reading all of them, where filled with ridicle and undue humilation. She takes pride in dealing with people till " they nurse their bruises" and i should go and ask my other catholic brethrens not to take her lightly. Tough words. Well this is war between me and this goat and i'll do anything to shut her up for her to respect other catholics with responsible words.

Why i no yab you? Why i no yab other people who have divergent views against catholics. If you like call me an embarrassment, i no send. All my own be say anytime, this she-goat misyans to mock catholics and their beliefs, i go turn am to rough with am.

So bros, abeg free me from this wahala with that kolo ( no pun intended) wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Angelina Oyakhilome's 80th Birthday: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's Mother Celebrates / How To Witness To Loved Ones Who Are Roman Catholics / Is It Only Africans That Believe In The Existence Of Ghosts And Witches?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 221
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.