Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,089 members, 7,957,079 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 06:38 AM

Supreme Court Upholds Wike’s Election As Rivers Governor - Politics (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Supreme Court Upholds Wike’s Election As Rivers Governor (86473 Views)

Appeal Court Upholds Tribunal’s Judgment Nullifying Wike’s Election / Market Women In Rivers State Protest Nullification Of Wike's Election (photos) / Amaechi Lands In Rivers In Style Following Wike's Election Verdict (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Wike’s Election As Rivers Governor by Excellentmind: 6:08am On Jan 28, 2016
banio:
I am just waking up to the worst corruption in life and in Nigeria - sycophancy. Mr Buhar, I guess, has not been interfering with Judicial process, but these corrupt judges have been trying to gain favour. Why is Nigeria this corrupt. Why can't our judges look at the facts. When will Nigeria get there.

To all corrupt tribunal and court of appeal judges shame on you

Guy say something else! Why were the judgment of both the Tribunal and court of appeal the same? The ground that was upheld in Lagos was used as a basis for cancelling Rivers. It was clear all along that something was happening behind the scene. Rumour had it that the judges were threatened before the judgment should they go ahead with their unanimous decision, but they stood their ground. Wike we know , Wike we support, Wike the legitimate Governor of Rivers State. Congratulations once again

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Wike’s Election As Rivers Governor by chichriso: 6:29am On Jan 28, 2016
By now Amaechi and Dakuku will be covered with shame

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Wike’s Election As Rivers Governor by emmydollars4life(m): 6:38am On Jan 28, 2016
sameer1212:
I am fu*cking sad about this fu*cking news cry
Hahaha bro we don't give a f**k about u, guess what I have a rope if u want to hang yourself come and collect it Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Wike’s Election As Rivers Governor by oodua1stson: 6:47am On Jan 28, 2016
Cutehector:
Where are those wailers?

I told yall dah wike will win.. phew! People just dnt believe me!

Besides who d fvck is dakuku? Does he think he can just get governorship title on a platter of gold? Smh. If you want the seat, go and collect it.

Wike is the man! Now I believe in Justice
if he had lost you wouldn't be saying this

You would have said Buhari has corrupted the judiciary

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Wike’s Election As Rivers Governor by Frankiss44(m): 6:49am On Jan 28, 2016
Abagworo:
This judgement is the worst thing ever to happen since Buhari became President. All the judges involved must be investigated and sanctioned accordingly. The sponsored killings before and after 2015 sElection should never go unpunished and we all know there was no election in Rivers State. Visit ONELGA, Abua/Odual and Ahoada East/West today and see the effects of this hooliganism on a once prosperous area. How will the families of those who lost their lives feel?

What is this one saying? The judgement was chaired by the number 1 man in the Judiciary and other seasoned judges.. In the court room you pass judgement with facts only and not emotional sentiments. And this is one of the best thing to happen to the Judiciary since Buhari took over unless you are hungry for more blood in river state during and after re-run.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Wike’s Election As Rivers Governor by Frankiss44(m): 6:51am On Jan 28, 2016
sarutobie:

brace up! more 'worst' things are coming..like you give a damn about any family, the only family your likes owe any allegiance to is your stomach.

Don't mind that nigger..
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Wike’s Election As Rivers Governor by Cutehector(m): 6:55am On Jan 28, 2016
oodua1stson:

"what if" a very very myopic phrase.
Look my friend, what has happend has happened, deal with it.

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Wike’s Election As Rivers Governor by Frankiss44(m): 6:57am On Jan 28, 2016
Demdem:
[b]That the rivers elections was conducted with serious violence and terror all over as supervised by shepopotamus who left her husband side in bayelsa to spearhead the bloodshed down here is a statement of fact.

That laid down electoral rules and guidelines as stipulated by Inec weren't followed in most of the polling units is a fact

That the supreme Court chose to uphold over a million votes despite only 300000 that accredited is just something I simply can't fathom.

That the supreme Court in her wisdom chose to still uphold this fraud of an election is simply unexplainable and unimaginable but judgement accepted in good faith and life continues. I patiently wait for their reasons though.

The loss goes to rivers people who never had the opportunity to really choose who they really want as governor.

This is a full indication that the judiciary is independent under this administration as against what fools normally say when judgement don't go in their favour.

To wailers, I rejoice with u. At least u Av something to Chew on for sometime. grin
To rivers inhabitants, I will say brace up for the worse. The era of thuggery as experienced years ago in Obiakpor under wike is back. Already, we Av started seeing these things in areas like Ahoada, onelga etc.
To apc adherents, I feel ur loss. U can't always win all the time. Trust me, Wike still remain a small fish. What u still Av at ur disposal can surely subdue him.[/b]

Guess who finally found his voice after all the noise.. Nigger go bury your head in shame.. The caretaker Governor is here to stay and will Lord over you and your household for 8 years

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Wike’s Election As Rivers Governor by nikz(f): 6:58am On Jan 28, 2016
flokii:
when elections didn't hold in Rivers... useless judges

fvcking Judicial system
Election held in the local govt I live let's leave sentiments and focus on who is working. I can now drive on a smooth road to work thanks to wike. for eight yrs we have been suffering my Honda engine knock cus of bad rd then and yet we had a gov! God bless wike abeg!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Wike’s Election As Rivers Governor by Demdem(m): 7:01am On Jan 28, 2016
Frankiss44:

Guess who finally found his voice after all the noise.. Nigger go bury your head in shame.. The caretaker Governor is here to stay and will Lord over you and your household for 8 years

Bury my head in shame for what? Because the supreme court thought otherwise? are u ok at all? Wike will only lord over fools and nonentities but will govern the state for 4 yrs.
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Wike’s Election As Rivers Governor by Frankiss44(m): 7:10am On Jan 28, 2016
Demdem:

Bury my head in shame for what? Because the supreme court thought otherwise? are u ok at all? Wike will only lord over fools and nonentities but will govern the state for 4 yrs.

Hehehehe.. Wike will rule you guys for 8 years, I repeat, 8 years unless you and your household decide to leave Rivers State after 4 years. After running your mouth carelessly and acting as if you and your party APC are the giver of power now you are here preaching morality. If I were you, I will take a break from nairaland for sometime just like your fellow APC e-rat Omenka... At least reality has dawn on you that this caretaker Governor will rule over you for 4 years minimum.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Wike’s Election As Rivers Governor by Cutehector(m): 7:13am On Jan 28, 2016
BrainnewsNg:

For your mind?
Lol which part, Dat I made ftc or d likes or d fact Dat I told dem wike would win? grin

I wish I had staked a bet to Dat effect, woulda won a lot of maney
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Wike’s Election As Rivers Governor by Demdem(m): 7:19am On Jan 28, 2016
[s]
Frankiss44:

Hehehehe.. Wike will rule you guys for 8 years, I repeat, 8 years unless you and your household decides to leave Rivers State after 4 years. After running your mouth carelessly and acting as if you and your party APC are the giver of power now you are here preaching morality. If I were you, I will take a break from nairaland from nairaland for sometime. At least reality has dawn on you that this caretaker Governor will rule over you for 4 years minimum.
[/s]

Demdem:

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Wike’s Election As Rivers Governor by nwadiuko1(m): 7:37am On Jan 28, 2016
Bigchief46:

You are wrong dear, it was a unanimous decision of ALL the seven Judges. It is really simple if you have a little knowledge of the law. The Supreme Court has always been VERY CONSISTENT and the last hope of the common man. Many issues are involved here and this is not really the place or forum for such conversations, but I will address very briefly just two points. Proving malpractices in election Petitions means getting witnesses in each Polling Unit in respect of which there are allegations to give evidence. Obviously, in Governorship & Presidential elections where there are thousands of Polling Units, it is difficult for a Petitioner to do this. Moreover, where the allegations involve criminal conduct, the standard of proof is higher: beyond reasonable doubts & this is not easy at all. The reason is simple: elections hold in Polling Units & not in Wards, LGAs or States & so a Petitoner who brings just one or two witnesses to testify as to what happened in an entire Ward or LGA will fail. The important thing is that these principles are the same for every Petitioner, whether PDP, APC, APGA or whoever. The second reason which has presented itself for the first time in the 2015 elections is the issue of Card Readers. Card Readers are not part of our electoral laws. There is no mention of it in the ELECTORAL ACT or THE CONSTITUTION. No doubt it is a commendable innovation that will reduce rigging but INEC blundered by not getting the National Assembly to legislate it into law by amending the Electoral Act to include it as a means of accreditation. For that reason, the only means of accreditation recognized by law is manually by use of Voter's Registers. Now the decisions by the Tribunal & Court of Appeal in the River's case was largely based on Card Reader data & I can bet my last naira that the SC would have held just as they also did in the Zamfara Governorship case, that you can't annul an election due to failure to use Card Readers or inconsistency in the data. Mind you also, the SC has expressly held in a long line of cases over many years that you cannot annul the election of a person declared winner because of actions he is not responsible for; Neither Wike nor PDP conducted the accreditation of voters; INEC did. If INEC decided to use manual accreditation instead of the Card Readers in some places according to their own guideline resulting in inconsistent accreditation figures against number of votes cast, you cannot blame Wike & nullify his election. Finally, you heard it here first: the Supreme Court will also affirm the election of Dr. Okezie Ikpeazu of Abia State annulled by the CA based only on spurious allegation of over-voting based on Card Reader data instead of Voters' Register data
one Chapman for you bro.......

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Wike’s Election As Rivers Governor by Nobody: 7:39am On Jan 28, 2016
sameer1212:
Tonyebarcanista angry

The fake Barcanista has gone AWOL grin undecided

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Wike’s Election As Rivers Governor by mrmetoo1: 7:53am On Jan 28, 2016
viccassi:

Keep dreaming, who will go to jail? The Nigerian Constitution will set all of them FREE.

I see!!
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Wike’s Election As Rivers Governor by lielbree: 8:11am On Jan 28, 2016
oodua1stson:

Has Buhari not corrupted the judiciary?
Supreme Court pass buhari. He can't intimidate them!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Wike’s Election As Rivers Governor by Stanbeto: 8:13am On Jan 28, 2016
Wike thank God for your Life
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Wike’s Election As Rivers Governor by Nobody: 8:15am On Jan 28, 2016
lielbree:

Has Buhari not corrupted the judiciary?
Supreme Court pass buhari. He can't intimidate them!
No one phaits kworrupsion by disobeying court orders like a dull@rd grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Wike’s Election As Rivers Governor by Myself2(m): 8:31am On Jan 28, 2016
sameer1212:
I am fu*cking sad about this fu*cking news cry

Suck on it zombie grin grin grin grin grin

Let the LYING LIARS AKA ZOMBIES waillllllllllllllllllllllll

BTW,Dakuku and Amachi,if you both want the governorship seat,go and collect it from the supreme court
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Wike’s Election As Rivers Governor by Myself2(m): 8:35am On Jan 28, 2016
[size=16pt]
Frankiss44:

Hehehehe.. Wike will rule @demdem and his family for 8 years, I repeat, 8 years unless they decide to leave Rivers State after 4 years. After running his mouth carelessly and acting as if he and his party APC are the giver of power now he is here preaching morality. If I were him, I will take a break from nairaland for sometime. At least reality has dawned on him that this caretaker Governor will rule over him (@demdem and his family grin grin grin grin) for 4 years minimum.
[/size]

wink wink wink
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Wike’s Election As Rivers Governor by robosky02(m): 8:54am On Jan 28, 2016
yes oh

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Wike’s Election As Rivers Governor by Mcowubaba: 9:08am On Jan 28, 2016
This is Great News.... Akwa Ibom don't disappoint !!!!
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Wike’s Election As Rivers Governor by Frankiss44(m): 9:58am On Jan 28, 2016
Myself2:
[size=16pt][/size]
wink wink wink
hahaha.. nice one
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Wike’s Election As Rivers Governor by BrainnewsNg(f): 12:20pm On Jan 28, 2016
Cutehector:
Lol which part, Dat I made ftc or d likes or d fact Dat I told dem wike would win? grin

I wish I had staked a bet to Dat effect, woulda won a lot of maney

Continue
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Wike’s Election As Rivers Governor by BrainnewsNg(f): 12:20pm On Jan 28, 2016
sameer1212:
Lol.. Thanks sweet heart. cry
Ok
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Wike’s Election As Rivers Governor by frankwyte: 12:29pm On Jan 28, 2016
Congratulations!!!, the victory have being won and lost; the main winners are the people and residents of Rivers state.
However, let it be known that the Nigeria country is large and the people are more wiser.
The supreme court is not a political tool for anybody.. it a people with uncommon character who have distinguish themselves, here are example of supreme court judgment that went against the wishes of the president and many expectations
1) Atiku VS OBJ ... supreme court declares Atiku legible to contest
2) Ameachi VS PDP
3) BAT VS OBJ .... withholding of LGA funds
So, the precedence has always been there.
Lastly, i didn't hear Sahara reporters predictions... b4 the victory
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Wike’s Election As Rivers Governor by chiskito(f): 12:31pm On Jan 28, 2016
Bigchief46:

You are wrong dear, it was a unanimous decision of ALL the seven Judges. It is really simple if you have a little knowledge of the law. The Supreme Court has always been VERY CONSISTENT and the last hope of the common man. Many issues are involved here and this is not really the place or forum for such conversations, but I will address very briefly just two points. Proving malpractices in election Petitions means getting witnesses in each Polling Unit in respect of which there are allegations to give evidence. Obviously, in Governorship & Presidential elections where there are thousands of Polling Units, it is difficult for a Petitioner to do this. Moreover, where the allegations involve criminal conduct, the standard of proof is higher: beyond reasonable doubts & this is not easy at all. The reason is simple: elections hold in Polling Units & not in Wards, LGAs or States & so a Petitoner who brings just one or two witnesses to testify as to what happened in an entire Ward or LGA will fail. The important thing is that these principles are the same for every Petitioner, whether PDP, APC, APGA or whoever. The second reason which has presented itself for the first time in the 2015 elections is the issue of Card Readers. Card Readers are not part of our electoral laws. There is no mention of it in the ELECTORAL ACT or THE CONSTITUTION. No doubt it is a commendable innovation that will reduce rigging but INEC blundered by not getting the National Assembly to legislate it into law by amending the Electoral Act to include it as a means of accreditation. For that reason, the only means of accreditation recognized by law is manually by use of Voter's Registers. Now the decisions by the Tribunal & Court of Appeal in the River's case was largely based on Card Reader data & I can bet my last naira that the SC would have held just as they also did in the Zamfara Governorship case, that you can't annul an election due to failure to use Card Readers or inconsistency in the data. Mind you also, the SC has expressly held in a long line of cases over many years that you cannot annul the election of a person declared winner because of actions he is not responsible for; Neither Wike nor PDP conducted the accreditation of voters; INEC did. If INEC decided to use manual accreditation instead of the Card Readers in some places according to their own guideline resulting in inconsistent accreditation figures against number of votes cast, you cannot blame Wike & nullify his election. Finally, you heard it here first: the Supreme Court will also affirm the election of Dr. Okezie Ikpeazu of Abia State annulled by the CA based only on spurious allegation of over-voting based on Card Reader data instead of Voters' Register data

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Wike’s Election As Rivers Governor by nattyGENT: 12:48pm On Jan 28, 2016
injuriam:
In the absence of PMB, Wike of PDP wins in the Supreme Court. Hehehe
what do people think about PMB? So you want him to upturn all PDP victory to APC. Even his election was rigged. NOBODY HOLY PASS FOR NIJA

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Wike’s Election As Rivers Governor by CyberWolf: 2:00pm On Jan 28, 2016
chloee:
The beginning of your sad-laden 2016. .......8% loading....
are you fvcking kidding me shocked registered since 2007 with only 74 posts? Nawa oo
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Wike’s Election As Rivers Governor by Ironman32: 5:55pm On Jan 28, 2016
Akpan107:
Your president was actually powerless and could not do anything to help the situation. Buhari realized even if the election were to hold 100 times, PDP will still win. Apc is a useless party.
pls be careful of what u post. These are political parties that ways n fortune are sometime unpredicted, today is pdp tomorrow it might be apc. Wike victory is as a result of leting peace prevail couple with d hard economic we all are experiening now, It was nt by merit. If not why must d judges still thinking of what to tell rivers n nigeria citizen for d reason behind there decision
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Wike’s Election As Rivers Governor by oodua1stson: 1:55am On Jan 29, 2016
Cutehector:
"what if" a very very myopic phrase.
Look my friend, what has happend has happened, deal with it.
what's myopic here now? Just pointing out what brain dead PDP would have said.

And what am I supposed to deal with? Am I an apc member or based in port Harcourt?

Just get over yourself and forever sod off

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

The Story Of Chinaza, VP Osinbajo's 'Daughter' (Photos) / Photos:david Cameron Disrespects Buhari . Can He Do This To Obama? / Douye Diri Arrives In Private Jet (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.