Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,728 members, 7,824,062 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:40 PM

See The Cost Of Foodstuffs In Benue (photos) - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / See The Cost Of Foodstuffs In Benue (photos) (35155 Views)

Lessel In Benue Where A Basket Of Tomatoes Goes For N150 / "Semo Turns To Rubber After A Woman Mixed It With Hot Water In Benue" (Photos) / Harvest Crashes Prices Of Foodstuffs In Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Cost Of Foodstuffs In Benue (photos) by caprini1: 11:44am On Jan 28, 2016
We really need to be thankful to God in this nation,regardless of what we are going through .I have s project in Ghana for close to 2 weeks now and I tell you,absolutely nothing is cheap here .Doing direct currency conversion rates of most common goods to naira........a satchet of pure water is N20,a pack of juice N900,Gotv subscription is N4500,a pack of indomie is N100,a liter of fuel is N300(government price).,a 12kg cooking gas refill is N5000...2.5gig of data is N4000.,a loaf of bread N500,a bottle of malt drink is N300........I can go on and on....for now,let us be grateful.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See The Cost Of Foodstuffs In Benue (photos) by ayobase(m): 11:57am On Jan 28, 2016
opeyemiieblog:
To all ma Benue peeps in the house, is this how you guys are enjoying yorself?

This bucket of oranges cost N150

Mound of 10 yams cost N2000 naira in Kadarko, Benue state, middle belt Nigeria.

This is so saddening. I feel like we are being robbed blind in the so-called urban centres.

http://www.praizeblog.com/2016/01/see-cost-foodstuffs-in-benue-photos.html?m=1

Kadarko is part of Nasarawa state.

I wanna believe they are bit expensive due to harvest shortage as a result of deadly tribal clashes and farmlands destruction.
Re: See The Cost Of Foodstuffs In Benue (photos) by dominique(f): 12:00pm On Jan 28, 2016
zicoraads:

Zaki Biam cool

You sef Sabi the place?
Re: See The Cost Of Foodstuffs In Benue (photos) by bluice2(m): 12:05pm On Jan 28, 2016
OkparaJesus:
When I went to buy food and the class was hot but the refrigerator was meant to Fry fish. She was boosting about a child left me in cooking but am not aware the exam was in the morning before our pastor was sleeping inside the church dinning hall but am not their to go in but every lady was at my back singing inside the book haram campus gate upon the state of eating about an hour ago. who is know for more milk than cigarette on a hot morning but Kaye west latter married Popular Genevieve Nnaji that caused we to eat apple without drinking water.

Re: See The Cost Of Foodstuffs In Benue (photos) by marshborn(m): 12:15pm On Jan 28, 2016
mallamseifaldin:

Benue state has the highest incidence of HIV/AIDS in NIgeria........Tiv women are cheerful givers it is their culture.
USE CONDOM! USE CONDOM!! USE CONDOM!!!

Pls emhhh....Try to do a HIV/AIDS test so u can know your status...

Oga something must kill a man!
Re: See The Cost Of Foodstuffs In Benue (photos) by Setaje(f): 12:54pm On Jan 28, 2016
OLIHI2000:
This is even expensive! They are places you can buy them way cheaper, no Benue indigene will buy yam at that high cost.Kadarko price is mostly for travellers.

Please do u no how much a lorry load of yam is?
Re: See The Cost Of Foodstuffs In Benue (photos) by zicoraads: 1:26pm On Jan 28, 2016
dominique:

You sef Sabi the place?
Hometown cool

Mumsy is from there, spend more time there than Taraba which is Popsy's.

Which place in particular were you?
Re: See The Cost Of Foodstuffs In Benue (photos) by zicoraads: 1:27pm On Jan 28, 2016
Setaje:

Zaki Biam is better in terms of buying in bulk and taking out. If you are really interested, BBM me wink
Re: See The Cost Of Foodstuffs In Benue (photos) by payosehtor(m): 1:53pm On Jan 28, 2016
OLIHI2000:
This is even expensive! They are places you can buy them way cheaper, no Benue indigene will buy yam at that high cost.Kadarko price is mostly for travellers.
truth.roadside traders knows that travelers re ignorant of the real prices,hence the high costs.
Re: See The Cost Of Foodstuffs In Benue (photos) by sonnie10: 2:08pm On Jan 28, 2016
OkparaJesus:
When I went to buy food and the class was hot but the refrigerator was meant to Fry fish. She was boosting about a child left me in cooking but am not aware the exam was in the morning before our pastor was sleeping inside the church dinning hall but am not their to go in but every lady was at my back singing inside the book haram campus gate upon the state of eating about an hour ago. who is know for more milk than cigarette on a hot morning but Kaye west latter married Popular Genevieve Nnaji that caused we to eat apple without drinking water.

And this is someone's child!
Re: See The Cost Of Foodstuffs In Benue (photos) by sonnie10: 2:14pm On Jan 28, 2016
caprini1:
We really need to be thankful to God in this nation,regardless of what we are going through .I have s project in Ghana for close to 2 weeks now and I tell you,absolutely nothing is cheap here .Doing direct currency conversion rates of most common goods to naira........a satchet of pure water is N20,a pack of juice N900,Gotv subscription is N4500,a pack of indomie is N100,a liter of fuel is N300(government price).,a 12kg cooking gas refill is N5000...2.5gig of data is N4000.,a loaf of bread N500,a bottle of malt drink is N300........I can go on and on....for now,let us be grateful.

I stopped doing those conversion the day I bought a packet of Maggi for $6 in a tropical food store and Indomie at $40 for a box of 40packets.

1 Like

Re: See The Cost Of Foodstuffs In Benue (photos) by spinoff: 2:18pm On Jan 28, 2016
ShakurM:
Pls how I fit get to Benue from Surulere angry

One of potential Nigerian answers to Ukraine fertile steppes
Re: See The Cost Of Foodstuffs In Benue (photos) by caprini1: 2:23pm On Jan 28, 2016
sonnie10:

I stopped doing those conversion the day I bought a packet of Maggi for $6 in a tropical food store and Indomie at $40 for a box of 40packets.
Lol. I feel you,in fact each time I visit Naija ,I switch off my Ghana line ,cos once my friends call my Ghana MTN line and it rings booom boooom....I start getting SMS,s of stuffs to buy for them on my way back.

1 Like

Re: See The Cost Of Foodstuffs In Benue (photos) by payosehtor(m): 2:25pm On Jan 28, 2016
[quote author=pax1 post=42397127]Smiles.. There is a way these guys set the under the bucket! Nothing dey under! Buhari will visit them soon. My benue people i hail ! [/quot you've neither being 2 benue nor passed through the state.as far as the post is concerned
Re: See The Cost Of Foodstuffs In Benue (photos) by destiny25(m): 2:26pm On Jan 28, 2016
We were on our way back from Abuja, and just before Lokoja, we saw these fulani ladies selling okro, so we stopped to buy some. I asked for 500 naira worth. If una see the big basket this woman bring? I repeated over and over again...it's 500 oh... just to make sure say she no dey make mistake. We ate that okro for over two months. But in Port Harcourt........? I rest my case.
Re: See The Cost Of Foodstuffs In Benue (photos) by nzgal: 2:36pm On Jan 28, 2016
Bloggz74:

That's exactly our point and y fuel should be cheaper in the south and more expensive in north!
Re: See The Cost Of Foodstuffs In Benue (photos) by dominique(f): 2:45pm On Jan 28, 2016
zicoraads:

Hometown cool

Mumsy is from there, spend more time there than Taraba which is Popsy's.

Which place in particular were you?

I've never been there but i served in Benue and i have some friends who served there. They had a swell time and food was so cheap there. Most of them bought stacks of yam for gifting and business purposes.
Re: See The Cost Of Foodstuffs In Benue (photos) by payosehtor(m): 2:53pm On Jan 28, 2016
ayobase:

I wanna believe they are bit expensive due to harvest shortage as a result of deadly tribal clashes and farmlands destruction.
[center]
ayobase:

[/center]
ayobase:

cal it fulani/hausa muslems sponsored genorcid against non muslems in the north(worst hit is Agatu's & Tiv people of benue & Taraba states) central,couple with poor natural rains this yr
Re: See The Cost Of Foodstuffs In Benue (photos) by chrish2i: 3:53pm On Jan 28, 2016
can i trek from enerhen junction benue?
Re: See The Cost Of Foodstuffs In Benue (photos) by Gordonz07(m): 6:59pm On Jan 28, 2016
opeyemiieblog:
To all ma Benue peeps in the house, is this how you guys are enjoying yorself?

This bucket of oranges cost N150

Mound of 10 yams cost N2000 naira in Kadarko, Benue state, middle belt Nigeria.

This is so saddening. I feel like we are being robbed blind in the so-called urban centres.

http://www.praizeblog.com/2016/01/see-cost-foodstuffs-in-benue-photos.html?m=1

Op is really funny. The Kadarko people don't even produce enough yam to sell. If you need yam, go to Zaki-biam. 20 big tubers of yam for that amount you've mentioned above. As for orange, it depends the size of the bucket. You can get a bagco bag full of oranges with the same amount you have mentioned above in Vandeikya, Ushongo and Konshisha axis of Benue state. Don't forget, Mango season is approaching too! I am to be from Benue.

1 Like

Re: See The Cost Of Foodstuffs In Benue (photos) by kulekaa(m): 7:03pm On Jan 28, 2016
@ Op those yams/oranges r still costly 2 me, coz m 4rm Benue konshisha local govt 2 b precise I return 4rm villa last week n a bag of orange (50kg) was sold 4 700 hund in my presence u can find out, dat yams shud nt cost more Dan 1k @ my place
Re: See The Cost Of Foodstuffs In Benue (photos) by MissSlimbody(f): 8:00pm On Jan 28, 2016
allanphash7:
Oh! How come we registered as member at the same day?

Coincidence I guess.
Re: See The Cost Of Foodstuffs In Benue (photos) by AzontoGhost(m): 8:10pm On Jan 28, 2016
caprini1:
which sachet of water is N20 and what is the siZe of the N500 loaf of bread?
Always degrading Ghana to make yours feel better undecided

1 Like

Re: See The Cost Of Foodstuffs In Benue (photos) by Lovechyld101(m): 8:49pm On Jan 28, 2016
Am currently Serving in benue otupko orange is close to free I don't even buy it grows in most compond and waste the land is really blessed yet they have little water to top the whole matter NEPA doesn't take the light there is constant light 24 hrs
Re: See The Cost Of Foodstuffs In Benue (photos) by nuelyoyo(m): 7:28am On Jan 29, 2016
OkparaJesus:
Wow, I can see you are really inspired, keep the insanity up.
Re: See The Cost Of Foodstuffs In Benue (photos) by justmenoni: 11:47am On Jan 29, 2016
No need cos the transport and risk go too high,why not take ur time and go to mushin and ask for their 5-5 days market or go to major markets in lagos very early.

ShakurM:
Pls how I fit get to Benue from Surulere angry
Re: See The Cost Of Foodstuffs In Benue (photos) by tellwisdom: 7:48pm On Jan 29, 2016
Amusaopeyemi:

It is 5 for 150 in my area o.

You fit help me buy some bring come my house? sad
Re: See The Cost Of Foodstuffs In Benue (photos) by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jan 29, 2016
tellwisdom:

You fit help me buy some bring come my house? sad
NO
Re: See The Cost Of Foodstuffs In Benue (photos) by tellwisdom: 8:08pm On Jan 29, 2016
Amusaopeyemi:

NO

Why? sad
Re: See The Cost Of Foodstuffs In Benue (photos) by Nobody: 9:09pm On Jan 29, 2016
marshborn:
Currently serving in gboko, benue state, all I can say is wow! Bike to every destination is 50 naira.... And their chics here dey give wella wink
make their chics no give u Aids o
Re: See The Cost Of Foodstuffs In Benue (photos) by lilreese: 11:58am On Jan 30, 2016
Go to London and complain
Re: See The Cost Of Foodstuffs In Benue (photos) by OLIHI2000(f): 11:26pm On Mar 04, 2016
Setaje:

Yes, it depends on sizes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Make Plantain And Egg Frittata Without Oven (Photos, Video) / See My Delicious Tomato Stew With Grilled Chicken. (Photos & Video) / What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.