Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,149 members, 7,818,453 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:13 PM

The Super Scientific Reason Why Women Need More Sleep Than Men - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Super Scientific Reason Why Women Need More Sleep Than Men (419 Views)

"Women Have More Opportunities To Cheat Than Men, Men Shouldn't Blame Devil" / Why Women Love Lies---true Story / Revealed: Scientific Reason Why We Shout When Angry (must Read) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Super Scientific Reason Why Women Need More Sleep Than Men by segunonari: 1:46pm On Jan 28, 2016
We have a running joke in my house that goes a little something like this:

Mom is always tired and could sleep for a thousand years, but Dad can survive on only 2 hours of sleep a night hahaha.

Oh, wait, that’s actually not very funny, is it?

But it’s the truth. I really am always tired, and I really do seem to need more sleep than my husband does on a general basis. I used to think it was just genetics — he comes from a long line of farmers who essentially survive on corn dust and homegrown beef instead of sleep, while I come from parents whose favorite hobbies include napping and sleeping. My husband also happens to be one of an apparent rare breed of men who has no problem whatsoever getting up with our kids at night, and truth be told, there are some nights he even hears the kids and I don’t. We joke a lot about me being a lazy bones, and sometimes I am fully aware the joking veers into “fighting words” territory because it really does appear that I need more sleep than my husband to survive the day.

Thankfully, however, it would appear that science is on my side.

Professor Jim Horne, the director of the Sleep Research Centre at Loughborough University and author of Sleepfaring: A Journey Through The Science Of Sleep told the Daily Mail in 2010 that “Women tend to multi-task — they do lots at once and are flexible — and so they use more of their actual brain than men do. Because of that, their sleep need is greater.

Read More>>> http://www.gloo.ng/busyhomemaker/the-super-scientific-reason-why-women-need-more-sleep-than-men/

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Quality Investigations For Cheating Couples / [US] President Day 2016 Short Speech, Wiki, Essay, Article For Kids / Valentine's Day Advise For Guys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.