Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,292 members, 7,829,668 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:17 AM

Photos Of Nnamdi Kanu In Court Today For His Bail Hearing - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Photos Of Nnamdi Kanu In Court Today For His Bail Hearing (40496 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Rocks Jewish Attire Again Ahead Of His Bail Hearing Today. Photos / Nnamdi Kanu Arrives Abuja High Court In Handcuffs Ahead Of His Bail Hearing.PICS / Nnamdi Kanu Raises Hands In Court After His Bail Hearing Was Adjourned. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos Of Nnamdi Kanu In Court Today For His Bail Hearing by mindtricks: 5:20pm On Jan 29, 2016
EastanPower:
This man should be released immediately.

He has not killed anyone neither has he bombed anywhere, why detain him against court orders?

Buhari should set good examples for others to follow in this country.

And many of those who have been shedding blood, day and night are roaming free in our streets without issues.

Buhari has ended up making him a name to be known.

Whatever ill results from this case, might only further aggravate the disunity amongst us.
Re: Photos Of Nnamdi Kanu In Court Today For His Bail Hearing by zendy: 5:24pm On Jan 29, 2016
Lezzlie:
Kalu never talked about crime, he goaded people to commit crime. He called on people to incite violence. I heard him on radio directly. My knowledge of his motive is firsthand.

And why dress your language in a different suit to obscure the meaning? Below is your post and there's no other meaning to be inferred other than planing

I honestly don't know what you implied @ the bolded part other than planning.

What I mean is that a person cannot be jailed for what they say, no matter how bad what they said is. It is not possible to commit treason by word of mouth. Actions are what get people jailed, not what they say. Kanu's freedom of speech allows him to say anything he likes.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Nnamdi Kanu In Court Today For His Bail Hearing by texazzpete(m): 5:37pm On Jan 29, 2016
zendy:

What I mean is that a person cannot be jailed for what they say, no matter how bad what they said is. It is not possible to commit treason by word of mouth. Actions are what get people jailed, not what they say. Kanu's freedom of speech allows him to say anything he likes.

Abeg stick to talking about what you know. I can't believe you're so vocal on an topic you know nothing of.

You do not need to carry out your threats before you are convicted of treason.

3 Likes

Re: Photos Of Nnamdi Kanu In Court Today For His Bail Hearing by Lezzlie(m): 5:43pm On Jan 29, 2016
zendy:

Ask your lawyer, most criminal offences are proceeded by the intent to commit same crime.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Nnamdi Kanu In Court Today For His Bail Hearing by Lezzlie(m): 5:48pm On Jan 29, 2016
TruthisGOD:
If GEJ had arrested him, wouldn't one section of the country be killing people. You might as well have being dead by nw. You ppl don't knw the complexity of this country.
Arresting? GEJ didn't even have a political alternative to that.

And remember, the instance you seek to compare was proceeded with "if". So it was conditional in scope.
Kalu was an outright call to violence and civil disobedience.

Your comparisons are uncorrelated.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Nnamdi Kanu In Court Today For His Bail Hearing by zendy: 5:54pm On Jan 29, 2016
Lezzlie:
Ask your lawyer, most criminal offences are proceeded by the intent to commit same crime.

You can also ask your lawyer, a person cannot be jailed for an offence they are yet to commit

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Nnamdi Kanu In Court Today For His Bail Hearing by zendy: 5:57pm On Jan 29, 2016
Lezzlie:

You can also ask your lawyer, a person cannot be jailed for an offence they are yet to commit.

When you ask people what exactly Kanu did, they all come back to the same thing what he "said". In effect, Kanu is guilty of 'talking'

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Nnamdi Kanu In Court Today For His Bail Hearing by obynaDmob(m): 6:04pm On Jan 29, 2016
zendy:

Sorry bro, a person cannot be jailed for a crime they are 'talking' about commiting. A person can only be jailed for what they have already commited. So until anyone dies or is killed on Kanu's orders, kanu cannot be charged for a crime that is yet to happen. The case against him is baseless

So if person talk say e wan kill my family, dey tell people make dem go bring gun come dey wan wipe my family away, i should now sit patiently and let him do so before i go to the court of law?

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of Nnamdi Kanu In Court Today For His Bail Hearing by Lezzlie(m): 6:05pm On Jan 29, 2016
zendy:

[s]
You can also ask your lawyer, a person cannot be jailed for an offence they are yet to commit.

When you ask people what exactly Kanu did, they all come back to the same thing what he "said". In effect, Kanu is guilty of 'talking'
[/s] Hubris emboldened by ignorance.

If I say I am going to kill Mr. A, I have already committed a crime already. Keep your empty sectarian emotions in your kitchen. The law is the law, your emotions can't change it.

Is kalu the director of that mediocre radio Biafra? If he answers yes, then he has alot to answer for nearly half the broadcast he made.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Nnamdi Kanu In Court Today For His Bail Hearing by obynaDmob(m): 6:09pm On Jan 29, 2016
chi4ik4:
Nnamdi KANU is the Mandela of Biafra.

Were you alive during the mandela struggle? Or u jes watch long walk to freedom, come dey talk

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of Nnamdi Kanu In Court Today For His Bail Hearing by zendy: 6:19pm On Jan 29, 2016
Lezzlie:
[/s] Hubris emboldened by ignorance.

If I say I am going to kill Mr. A, I have already committed a crime already. Keep your empty sectarian emotions in your kitchen. The law is the law, your emotions can't change it.

Is kalu the director of that mediocre radio Biafra? If he answers yes, then he has alot to answer for nearly half the broadcast he made.

Jokers. Do you know how many Nigerians say they are going to kill someone on a daily basis? Everyone is saying such on the streets, in markets even in schools. Nigerians use threatening language all the time. Why do you think that nobody has ever been arrested and prosecuted for saying they are going to killl someone? Because the constitution allows us all to say whatever we want to say. It is when we translate what we say to action that we break the law. Do you know how many gangster rap musicians talk about killing people,shooting people, murdering people and about commiting serious crimes on their music? They even sell this music to the public. Why do you think that no rapper has ever been arrested for what they say? Freedom of speech allows us all to say anything including saying we are going to keep kill someone

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Nnamdi Kanu In Court Today For His Bail Hearing by Lezzlie(m): 6:26pm On Jan 29, 2016
zendy:

Jokers. Do you know how many Nigerians say they are going to kill someone on a daily basis? Everyone is saying such on the streets, in markets even in schools. Nigerians use threatening language all the time. Why do you think that nobody had ever been arrested and prosecuted for saying they going to killl someone? Because the constitution allows us all to say whatever we want to say. It is when we translate what we say to action that we break the law. Do you know how many gangster rap musicians talk about killing people,shooting people, murdering people and about commiting serious crimes on their music? The even sell this music to the public. Why do you think that no rapper has ever been arrested for what they say. Freedom of speech allows us all to say anything including saying we are going to keep kill someone
grin grin grin Sorry, I thought I was going to have a real debate. Damn!!!

This is why I steer away from domestic politics here.
Re: Photos Of Nnamdi Kanu In Court Today For His Bail Hearing by shamecurls(m): 7:09pm On Jan 29, 2016
The dude don dey lose weight and getting darker.

Suffering is a disease
Re: Photos Of Nnamdi Kanu In Court Today For His Bail Hearing by hatchy(f): 8:05pm On Jan 29, 2016
He looks emaciated and broken spirit.How do you think you can fight the federal government and win.You want to be a hero,why not ask Asari Dokubo,Uwazuruike and all those who were humbled by Olusegun Obasanjo after spending few weeks holiday in DSS hotel n Suits. They can kill you and heaven will not fall,even Nigerians will go about their normal businesses the day of your burial except for those jobless miscreants you have brain washed who will go out and add to the figures that will go to hell with you that day- trust soldiers for that.Col Ojukwu,later Gen fought a bitter war and could not succeed with all his fathers wealth and support from the people of then eastern region,later came back from exile to help build Nigeria,even participated in democratic processes,you think he is a fool.When you were running your mouth up and down because you "see airwaves" I guess you never thought this zoo is capable of coming close to you talkless of arrest and detaining you up to one hour.By the time you are through with this issues, your brain must have been formatted to a read/write mode.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Nnamdi Kanu In Court Today For His Bail Hearing by raf2angel: 8:12pm On Jan 29, 2016
Prison inmate is dressed in this manner
Re: Photos Of Nnamdi Kanu In Court Today For His Bail Hearing by XaintJoel20: 8:20pm On Jan 29, 2016
zendy:

Sorry bro, a person cannot be jailed for a crime they are 'talking' about commiting. A person can only be jailed for what they have already commited. So until anyone dies or is killed on Kanu's orders, kanu cannot be charged for a crime that is yet to happen. The case against him is baseless
You are wrong.
Do you know what we call 'conspiracy' in law...
You can be jailed for a crime you are 'talking about'.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Nnamdi Kanu In Court Today For His Bail Hearing by ItsMeAboki(m): 8:30pm On Jan 29, 2016
Ucheernest:
my brother, try to understand certain things, don't close your mind to learn. do you know, north korea has threaten nuclear war on the us? but see, the states are keeping tabs on them diplomaticly, if that happens you should expect the retaliation it will cause would be complete and without a doubt the most explosive military reaction since WW2. The US would probably not retaliate with nuclear power due to treaty commitments and of fear of especially angering Security Council antagonists China or to a lesser extent Russia or France, thats for a country,

My friend go siddon for one corner and stop exposing yourself.

You obviously haven't heard about the American doctrine of preemptive strike, under George Bush administration; where the US govt declared it reserved the right to strike at any enemy that should merely pose a threat - even before such perceived enemy had chance to take any action against it.

You haven't also heard of Guantanamo prisoners: Al Qaeda jihadists fighting in their own or another foreign country i.e. Afghanistan and Pakistan (far away from American soil) but who the US govt went over, arrested/kidnapped, took them back and simply camped them in a purposely built prison at Guantanamo Bay for over 10 years (and still counting) without charges let alone trial.

Kanu is comparatively luckier that the Nigerian govt is even treating better by charging him to court - at least he is being given the opportunity to defend himself.
Re: Photos Of Nnamdi Kanu In Court Today For His Bail Hearing by zendy: 8:30pm On Jan 29, 2016
XaintJoel20:

You are wrong.
Do you know what we call 'conspiracy' in law...
You can be jailed for a crime you are 'talking about'.

Explain further and give us examples of who has been jailed jailed for talking about a crime they never went ahead to commit.
Re: Photos Of Nnamdi Kanu In Court Today For His Bail Hearing by XaintJoel20: 8:47pm On Jan 29, 2016
zendy:

Explain further and give us examples of who has been jailed jailed for talking about a crime they never went ahead to commit.
honestly, I wish I had the time to educate you on this...
If you have a family member, a friend or an acquintance that is a legal practitioner, approach him on this. He would explain to you what conspiracy means in legal term..
Thanks...

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Nnamdi Kanu In Court Today For His Bail Hearing by tsdarkside(m): 8:53pm On Jan 29, 2016
phemmie06:
OMG! This man is too small to give a country sleepless night, a tree that is not regularly prune will turn to the beast abiding place, the same thing. Let him be sentence to death so that what he won't follow the path of Sokoto the boko haram boy who is now suing Fg to court

imagine.... shocked shocked shocked...boko haram is sueing us to court!.... shocked shocked shocked shocked

crazy world.....
Re: Photos Of Nnamdi Kanu In Court Today For His Bail Hearing by phemmie06(m): 8:58pm On Jan 29, 2016
samchem:

I will leave u with dis word from my lecturer #The best way to decorate an enemy is by using English to describe him...thanks
Who be the enemy, the Biafra are the enemies of their self
Re: Photos Of Nnamdi Kanu In Court Today For His Bail Hearing by phemmie06(m): 9:03pm On Jan 29, 2016
tsdarkside:

imagine.... shocked shocked shocked...boko haram is sueing us to court!.... shocked shocked shocked shocked
crazy world.....
Na so we see am
Re: Photos Of Nnamdi Kanu In Court Today For His Bail Hearing by tsdarkside(m): 9:07pm On Jan 29, 2016
diegwu01:
I heard the Dilector was denied Bail grin grin grin grin
The FG is sure not afraid of the Hydrogen Bomb Biafruadians have threatened to unleash in Nigeria if he's denied bail.

we can not allow him bail....

look how insulting he was to the security-officer.....

if we let him go,its better we prepare ourselves for second-civil-war...

if we let him go,his gullible followers will think,he is a god,and challenge the nigerian-army with sticks and stones....disaster....

lets make something very clear: biafra can never win a war against nigeria!!!.....never......we are right you are wrong....

4 Likes

Re: Photos Of Nnamdi Kanu In Court Today For His Bail Hearing by biafranking: 9:09pm On Jan 29, 2016
EastanPower:
This man should be released immediately.

He has not killed anyone neither has he bombed anywhere, why detain him against court orders?

Buhari should set good examples for others to follow in this country.
a kind of question i asked the mods called mynd44 .
cos i dont understand what they mean by treason and no bail.
Re: Photos Of Nnamdi Kanu In Court Today For His Bail Hearing by chekwuzi: 9:12pm On Jan 29, 2016
onatisi:
so until he kills somebody or bomb somewhere is when they should detain him? Inciting ppl to kill is lawful according to your own law? Well let the court decide
so helping Ur people to express their dissatisfaction of been one with Nigeria has now become inciting people to kill?
Re: Photos Of Nnamdi Kanu In Court Today For His Bail Hearing by chekwuzi: 9:19pm On Jan 29, 2016
Lezzlie:
buhari should as well be arrested for saying that blood of babon nd dog will be split if he lost election if u can commit treason with speech or while is he not arrested for saying that he will make Gej government ungovernable if u can commit treason with speech
Re: Photos Of Nnamdi Kanu In Court Today For His Bail Hearing by Mckennedy: 9:22pm On Jan 29, 2016
People taking panadol for another man headache...
Re: Photos Of Nnamdi Kanu In Court Today For His Bail Hearing by Lezzlie(m): 9:24pm On Jan 29, 2016
chekwuzi:

buhari should as well be arrested for saying that blood of babon nd dog will be split if he lost election if u can commit treason with speech or while is he not arrested for saying that he will make Gej government ungovernable if u can commit treason with speech
@ bolded; That was conditional and it throws a whole lot of obscurity legally.

But if Buhari did break the law and GEJ didn't prosecute, it doesn't prevent Buhari from frying the arse of that fraud called kalu.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Nnamdi Kanu In Court Today For His Bail Hearing by bakila: 9:28pm On Jan 29, 2016
Sparrow13:
From wearing suit he now dress in traditional wears
He is now a Nigerian. Please don't disturb him, the NIGERIA Prison Service is taking care of him.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Nnamdi Kanu In Court Today For His Bail Hearing by Eshinwaju: 9:34pm On Jan 29, 2016
zendy:

Jokers. Do you know how many Nigerians say they are going to kill someone on a daily basis? Everyone is saying such on the streets, in[b] markets even in schools[/b]. Nigerians use threatening language all the time. Why do you think that nobody had ever been arrested and prosecuted for saying they going to killl someone? Because the constitution allows us all to say whatever we want to say. It is when we translate what we say to action that we break the law. Do you know how many gangster rap musicians talk about killing people,shooting people, murdering people and about commiting serious crimes on their music? The even sell this music to the public. Why do you think that no rapper has ever been arrested for what they say. Freedom of speech allows us all to say anything including saying we are going to keep kill someone

So your latest defence now is that Kanu is a joker.... grin grin grin grin....just as we all suspected right...that Biafra is a joke... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Nnamdi Kanu In Court Today For His Bail Hearing by Elobyte: 10:56pm On Jan 29, 2016
Just say any thing about biafra nd d yurobas goes mad immediatly,can som one tell me why d yurobad who so much luv d durad of dura PMB,don't want to own an upside country called nigeria alone wit d abokis wit d biafrans?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Qualifications For Contesting For Senate & House Of Representatives / Oby Ezekwesili Protests Alone Over Plateau Killings (Pics) / Sowore: "I Carried A Goat Tagged GEJ's Name At Occupy Nigeria" — Comrade Buska

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.