Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,176 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:58 AM

Are We Alone In The Universe? - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Are We Alone In The Universe? (54496 Views)

The Look Of The Entire Universe In One Picture -awesome! / 10 Most Strange Stars (known) In The Observable Universe.. / Top 10 Most Mysterious Planets (known) In The Observable Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by johnydon22(m): 10:30pm On Feb 01, 2016
inaiduna:

We can only define life from the attributes of life itself as we were told in elementary integrated science, MR NIGER D, I believe is the de-facto standard for life here on Earth, there must be some form of MOVEMENT, RESPIRATION is required, NUTRITION the "form" has to feed, IRRITABILITY it has respond to its environment, GROWTH an irreversible increase size or form, EXCRETION there must be a metabolic process i its internal workings, It must be able to bring forth it kind to fit into the environment it finds itself REPRODUCTION, lastly it has a time span to exist in this environment, it is finite... DEATH! DO we really have such in other places in the Cosmos that fit into our "definition" of life? as the existentialist will say Everything is but man exist! Well I am really enjoying the discuss, topics like this should make FP more.
Add "A" to your MR NIGER D bro... its Now MR NIGER DA ..grin "A" stands for "adaptive/adaptation "
Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by Ganjafama(m): 10:31pm On Feb 01, 2016
You can hardly find kids and spacebookers in a thread of this nature. Kudos to johnydon22, erusen, hapyone and co.

Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by leksyib14: 10:31pm On Feb 01, 2016
TOP 10 PROOF EARTH HUMANS ARE NOT ALONE IN THE UNIVERSE 2011 – BY DIETER BRAUN (INDIAN IN THE MACHINE) THE EVIDENCE THAT HUMANITY IS BEING VISITED IN 2011 SINCE THE LATE 1940’S, IS QUITE OVERWHELMING… IT’S ALL THERE FOLKS… THE PROOF…. OUR ROLE IS TO KEEP WELCOMING OUR HELPFUL AND LOVING VISITORS…WE DO SO NOT WATCHING PLANET EARTH LIKE IT’S SOME TELEVISION SHOW, AND WE ARE PASSIVE VIEWERS, RATHER, WE CREATE THE PLANET OF PEACE THAT CAN BE A REASONABLE HOST TO OUR VISITORS… KEEP SHINING MORE LIGHT EACH DAY….

10. POSSIBLE GIANT UFOS TRAILING COMET ELENIN

9. GREEN METEORS ARE LIKELY ET TECHNOLOGY MANY GREEN METEORS BUT NOT ALL, ARE LIKELY EXTRATERRESTRIAL CRAFT. As I’ve deducted in a past article, which even inspired me to create a website on these green meteors, it’s a logical conclusion to say that many of these green meteors are very very likely friendly extraterrestrial craft. GREEN METEORS ARE FRIENDLY EXTERRESTRIALS

8. UFOS AROUND THE SUN A LIGHTSHIP AROUND THE SUN April 6, 2011 A LIGHTSHIP AROUND THE SUN When a lightship appears around the sun, this is an event worthy of sharing. These lightships are very likely from the Galactic Federation of Light. These lightships can be here right beside earth at any time it’s appropriate. Remain calm… we are not going to be radiated to death by nuclear war. The message to planet earth is as always, when you can be peaceful, then our star family can visit us. Keep creating peace within the heart, and know this is the runway in which the spaceships can come down, and openly land. ufos around the sun

7. PROOF OF GREY ALIENS EXISTENCE AND LIKELIHOOD OF COLLABORATING WITH US GOVERNMENT ON EVIL PROJECTS

6. THE PHOENIX JOURNALS WERE GIVEN TO HUMANITY AS A BEACON OF TRUTH IN A WORLD OF LIES…. 250 JOURNALS, MANY OF WHICH ARE AUTHORED BY OUR EXTRATERRESTRIAL STAR FAMILY…. AND TO THINK OUR DUMB-ASS GOVERNMENTS ARE STILL LOOKING FOR INTELLIGENT LIFE?

5. RED, YELLOW AND BLUE BLINKING STARS… ONLY OUR ET FAMILY HAVE CLAIMED THEM FOR THEIR OWN! Have you seen the red, yellow and blue blinking “star”? – by Dieter Braun (Indian in the machine) Have you seen the red, yellow and blue blinking “star”? Did you know that this “star” didn’t exist in the sky about 5 years ago? There is not only one blinking star in the sky, not two, three or more of them! This shocking development is rarely mentioned anywhere but millions have been witnessing the ever changing nature of our sky.

4. UFO CLOUDSHIPS UFO Cloudships are essentially flying spaceships that are seeing beyond our veil of sight, simply as clouds holding very unusual shapes and forms that are very ‘UNCLOUDLIKE’….. let’s not forget the Sylphs who are the sky elementals who are transmuting much of the toxins in the atmosphere….yes that includes chemtrails and radiation!

3. X ON MERCURY…. MARS FACE Two major proofs in our own solar system that tell us that there’s someone intelligent out there…. ‘A mystery Image On Mercury’ Discovered By NASA’s Messenger Probe

2. LIGHTSHIP SIGHTINGS CONTINUE TO INCREASE IN 2011… MANY ARE ET TECHNOLOGY… THE MORE INFERIOR SIGHTINGS ARE FROM BACK ENGINEERED SPACESHIP TECHNOLOGY

1. CHANNELED MESSAGES ON THE INTERNET There are literally thousands of messages reaching earth right in 2011 on the internet….
Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by Tedassie(m): 10:32pm On Feb 01, 2016
Slow clap for this thread

The Universe and it's echelon is fashioned in the sublimeness of El-Elyon;the Architect of the galaxies.

Words on marble
The Universe is a function of T.H.E function
Tedassie

#Quotemefoulatyourexpiration
Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 10:33pm On Feb 01, 2016
timonski:

bros, define from a biological point of view not from everyday usage.
What is LIFE?
okay then.... simply put from my point of view though.....

life is living matter that shows certain attributes that include responsiveness,
growth, metabolism , energy transformation, and reproduction .
Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by E383: 10:35pm On Feb 01, 2016
dazzlingd:

a hoax as your world leaders want you to believe.

your world is like the movie matrix, there is the real world where things happen, your mind has been programmed to a fake world where the world leaders feed you with what they want you to believe.

The truth is much more complicated than u have ever thought and might ever think.

young man, open your mind

Pfffffft. I am still waiting for you people with the open mind to show me aliens. I maintain a closed one till I see a flying ship. grin
Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by johnydon22(m): 10:35pm On Feb 01, 2016
great664:
I am an Accountant too but will be buying my physics textbook tomorrow to start with basic Physics, just love it and this post with comment open my eyes more to why I really love it....

Thanks for the thread but don't like the fact that most are Atheist, anyway they have right to their belief.

I love Astronomy, let's know our HOME,

cc
Johnydon22
HapyOne
Midon***
Please point which book should I get for a starter, just for leisure though, I have passion for Astronomy but its somehow late for me now...
My bro we are a fortunate lot to be in a generation where we have unlimited knowledge at the tip of our fingers (The internet) .. many don't realize this and they use the internet for things that are basically useless and cannot develop them ..

I am a 21st century being bro, so i deal with e-books mostly not hard copies (mostly because i sometimes can't afford hard copies).. So i have tons of E-books i can send to you and another way is youtube, it is much fun... The phone makes it easy that you carry a whole lot of books without the weight for free.. wink
Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by bqlekan(m): 10:38pm On Feb 01, 2016
johnydon22:
My bro we are a fortunate lot to be in a generation where we have unlimited knowledge at the tip of our fingers (The internet) .. many don't realize this and they use the internet for things that are basically useless and cannot develop them ..

I am a 21st century being bro, so i deal with e-books mostly not hard copies (mostly because i sometimes can't afford hard copies).. So i have tons of E-books i can send to you and another way is youtube, it is much fun... The phone makes it easy that you carry a whole lot of books without the weight for free.. wink

you mind sending some to me too wink lemme improve on my physics smiley
Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by sukkot: 10:40pm On Feb 01, 2016
erusen:
hahahaha man u funny oh abeg explain
there are many parallel dimensions in our universe. some dimensions can only be inhabited by spiritual beings. our own dimension is called the 3rd or 3D dimension. its for those who are vibrating on a very low frequency of vibration and have to acquire a body so that they can be led by their carnal desires of touch smell taste and feel. its a low dimension for the carnal. the ascended masters are on the 4th dimension. remember we are spiritual beings having a physical experience

Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by LordAdam: 10:41pm On Feb 01, 2016
johnydon22:
[b] In the movie Thor, Jane Foster (Natalie Portman) said "Magic is just science we yet don't understand" Though the quote belonged to an Astrophysicists who wrote sci-fis.

If you look at the quantum world, you will see a far bizarre world than what you are used to. A large universe of it's lurking within the microscopic world.

Here in the macro world objects cannot pass through solid walls but in this quantum world the manifestations of nature are totally unconventional and different that electrons and other subatomic particles can move through walls.

Here in the macro world nothing is faster than light but in the microscopic universe information can pass from one object to another of remarkable distance instantaneously like it is just one particle in two different places (Quantum entanglement)

I think many of the magic tricks we have seen are just tricks, but i am open that we may yet have the ability to manipulate nature in ways different from ours by employing the principles the quantum world teaches.. then it will still bear the name "Science" instead of magic

Nature is one random crazy and bizarre whole..
[/b]

You find better words to describe the theory. Bravo!

I think our exposure to the spiritual in Africa makes us more ready to accept that Magic may very well be Science. For those in the west particularly North America, sorcery is like a tale from yesteryears with bogus claims that are very likely untrue. I'm fairly certain the only magic Stephen Hawkins has experienced is one at a magic show or circus (I may be wrong but I dare say I'm not).

Same way same-sex relations is foreign and unacceptable in sub-sahara Africa while it has enjoyed prominence in Europe for at least two thousand years (all Roman Emperors except Augustus had male lovers).

Establishing a link between magic and science is akin to looking at nature to formulate solutions. Like modeling the takeoff and landing of airplays by mirroring the flight of birds. Teleportation is the scientific term for disappearing and appearing. CCTV is the scientific term for sorcerers using mirrors or magical waters to monitor their foes.

Of course the theory is outlandish and will attract scorn in the scientific community. I think the scientific community should be a little more liberal. For example, wormholes/warp drives despite been a valid theory to surmounting the speed of light travel barrier is ridiculed in mainstream science discussions.

-Lord

Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by johnydon22(m): 10:42pm On Feb 01, 2016
bqlekan:

you mind sending some to me too wink lemme improve on my physics smiley

There is plenty to go around brother
Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by inaiduna(m): 10:42pm On Feb 01, 2016
johnydon22:
Add "A" to your MR NIGER D bro... its Now MR NIGER DA ..grin "A" stands for "[b]adaptive " [/b]

Seriously it is presently MR NIGER DA? shocked I "thought" (speculative I guess) Irritability covers the bolded, that being said except we present the proposition of life on other planets in a "broader" perspective, we may actually be the only ones living based on the characteristics that defines life here on Earth.

Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by olumite1234(m): 10:44pm On Feb 01, 2016
I'm a Physicist. There is a universe different from ous , not even one. They are many. We call them multiverse. They are parallel to ours,our universe can only exist and stable because of this universes
Also, there is a version of us there. They life the same life we live,similar languages,climate,culture e.t.c. They also have variance of different matter like dark matter,normal matter,anti matter etc
Astro physicist are still on research on how we can reach them through wormholes or teleportation

Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by erusen: 10:47pm On Feb 01, 2016
sukkot:
there are many parallel dimensions in our universe. some dimensions can only be inhabited by spiritual beings. our own dimension is called the 3rd or 3D dimension. its for those who are vibrating on a very low frequency of vibration and have to acquire a body so that they can be led by their carnal desires of touch smell taste and feel. its a low dimension for the carnal. the ascended masters are on the 4th dimension. remember we are spiritual beings having a physical experience
what kind of science is this
Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by johnydon22(m): 10:48pm On Feb 01, 2016
inaiduna:

Seriously it is presently MR NIGER DA? shocked I "thought" (speculative I guess) Irritability covers the bolded, that being said except we present the proposition of life on other planets in a "broader" perspective, we may actually be the only ones living based on the characteristics that defines life here on Earth.
Yes if we refer to LIFE as regards our universe .. we surely need to widen our scope to accommodate the surprises we are certain to see..
Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by OxTemi: 10:49pm On Feb 01, 2016
krattoss:
ever heard of U. F. O.?

UFO Unidentified Foreign Object Abi.... the most important word here is UNIDENTIFIED.
Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by LordAdam: 10:49pm On Feb 01, 2016
erusen:
it is very heartbreaking to give up on u race,who do blame for this na,making me a black man.if I was a creator then it gives me one more reason to hate him,if was evolution them I just say Bleep the process,concerning ghost those things may just be real oh but I don't place my beliefs in hearsay

That is the very first step to take. Place the blame on yourself if you must. God, the white man, your leaders are not to blame. No one is to blame. Chart your own course and do not expect life to give you a raft to sail the travails that will surely come.

You can have a black skin, but you can choose to let it affect your mind or do not let it. Nelson Mandela is also a black man. Even in Russia where racism against blacks is rife, blacks still hold positions in government. There is a black man in the English House of Lords. A black man sits in the White House. Black men have won Nobel Peace prizes.

Be the exception. Refuse to be follow the rule or the norms. Do not let the race affect who you are or become (even though as social beings it becomes increasingly difficult to chart a different course).

-Lord

Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by Jeromejnr(m): 10:50pm On Feb 01, 2016
olumite1234:
I'm a Physicist. There is a universe different from ous , not even one. They are many. We call them multiverse. They are parallel to ours,our universe can only exist and stable because of this universes
Also, there is a version of us there. They life the same life we live,similar languages,climate,culture e.t.c. They also have variance of different matter like dark matter,normal matter,anti matter etc
Astro physicist are still on research on how we can reach them through wormholes or teleportation

All these are still theories Sir, and not been proven.

Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by johnydon22(m): 10:53pm On Feb 01, 2016
Boss Seun, lalasticlala, mynd44, fynestboi, obinoscopy and every other mod i did not mention.. Hope you all my sirs see how people love and are very much interested in science topics and how it brews lengthy and good discussions..

I thank you all for moving this one to the front page and i hope you all give "Our Science section" a little more attention, we hope you move more science topics to the front page because people love such information.

We have hundreds of them in the section that are untouched, lets keep people informed ... thanks bosses

Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by sukkot: 10:54pm On Feb 01, 2016
erusen:
what kind of science is this
its not science. life is not all about science. science is just a fraction of what this cosmic universe is about. there is mythology, cosmology, numerology, geomancy, sacred geometry, astro-theology etc etc

Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by Jeromejnr(m): 10:55pm On Feb 01, 2016
E383:

Pfffffft. I am still waiting for you people with the open mind to show me aliens. I maintain a closed one till I see a flying ship. grin

I still believe in the possibility of aliens tho!

But even tho they are still theories and maybe hoaxes, try researching the black knight satellite and the wow signal.
Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by Zellie: 10:56pm On Feb 01, 2016
Hmmm. About 1% of the total stars(10^24) is like our sun and has planets orbiting them that could support life. So there are quintibillions of earthlike planets out there. If these planets can actually support life and are inhabited by other civilizations, then they're definitely more intelligent and more evolved than us, because our planet is relatively young

We've not been able to contact them probably because of our crude technology. But why haven't they contacted us instead, or maybe they have but we're just too dumb to understand, like trying to teach an ape how to use the internet embarassed

It could also be that we're to them as ants are to us , humans don't talk to ants right? grin. They're probably waaaay ahead of us in civilization and more evolved than us so they see us as inconsequential ants and trying to communicate with us would be absurd grin

Or, we're alone. There's something called the Great filter theory, its not known for a fact where/when exactly this great filter is/was. The Great Filter is just like some sort of holocaust, like a disaster that wipes out an entire civilization.

If this Great filter is behind us, we're probably the only ones that survived it, we're special, rare. Other civilizations probably got wiped out in the great filter or stuck somewhere, as prokaryotes perhaps grin . If the great filter is ahead of us, then we're fvcked lipsrsealed

Too much story.. Anyway, I hope I'm still alive if or when scientists are finally able to contact these ETs

Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by olushina559(m): 10:57pm On Feb 01, 2016
Google Search "blue planet project"
Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by Jimmyo3(m): 10:58pm On Feb 01, 2016
HapyOne:

I believe is possible or better still, it's already happening to some extent. For those of us that do believe in extraterrestrial powers/beings or what we commonly call witches and wizards or awon Iya ooo... These beings could disappear and appear in another place, I believe what is happening is just time manipulation, they are able to travel close or at the speed of light which makes everything still to them thus they can now move to their destination and reduce their speed to normal, making us think the just disappear and appear like that. For example if you look at a very fast running fan, at some point you might not see the blades of the fan, but they are their is just that they are moving two fast for you to notice imagine an human can do that and move that fast, you won't see the person. I believe this is another way of doing time travel, but maybe one is not travelling to the future can't really say.

About the future or past, recall the theory of special relativity.
The mechanism for traveling into the distant future is to use the time-dilation effect of Special Relativity, which states that a moving clock appears to tick more slowly the closer it approaches the speed of light. This effect, which has been overwhelmingly supported by experimental tests, applies to all types of clocks, including biological aging.

If one were to depart from the earth in a spaceship that could accelerate continuously at a comfortable one g (an acceleration that would produce a force equal to the gravity at the earth's surface), one would begin to approach the speed of light relative to the earth within about a year. As the ship continued to accelerate, it would come ever closer to the speed of light, and its clocks would appear to run at an ever slower rate relative to the earth. Under such circumstances, a round trip to the center of our galaxy and back to the earth--a distance of some 60,000 light-years--could be completed in only a little more than 40 years of ship time. Upon arriving back at the earth, the astronaut would be only 40 years older, while 60,000 years would have passed on the earth. Such a trip would pose formidable engineering problems, but I know is way possible maybe not now but very soon.

Time travel into the past, which is what people usually mean by time travel, is a much more uncertain proposition. There are many solutions to Einstein's equations of General Relativity that allow a person to follow a timeline that would result in her (or him) encountering herself...

And so on like that.....................

I know time travel is possible, and it will happen. I really need to correct some things in the past.

Just my thought though smiley grin wink

This is absolute display of intelligence, it seems you were among the pioneers of Einsteins Special and General relativity and Quantum mechanics to have such sound understanding of these theories. I look forward to seeing this kind of threads making front page and not some celebrity crap.

Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by chijokz(m): 10:58pm On Feb 01, 2016
God bless this OP for starting this thread with articulate and intelligent comments by intellectual NLers and also God bless the mods for making it FP....unlike those useless threads by other OPs - 'My babe says I look like Davido or Iyanya, Is it true? "

Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by erusen: 10:58pm On Feb 01, 2016
LordAdam:

That is the very first step to take. Place the blame on yourself if you must. God, the white man, your leaders are not to blame. No one is to blame. Chart your own course and do not expect life to give you a raft to sail the travails that will surely come.

You can have a black skin, but you can choose to let it affect your mind or do not let it. Nelson Mandela is also a black man. Even in Russia where racism against blacks is rife, blacks still hold positions in government. There is a black man in the English House of Lords. A black man sits in the White House. Black men have won Nobel Peace prizes.

Be the exception. Refuse to be follow the rule or the norms. Do not let the race affect who you are or become (even though as social beings it becomes increasingly difficult to chart a different course).

-Lord
yea men thanks,but sometimes it just feels fustrating
Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by vivaciousvivi(f): 10:58pm On Feb 01, 2016
mrphysics:
just passing but let me add something.

when science talk about life somewhere else, they are not possibly looking for human being or complex animals or beings.

When we have water, plant and other basic forms of life, then science say there is life in that planet or place. because if water exist, plants can grow, micro organisms and other forms of life exists.

so lets stop thinking too far and weird.
But then again, what we humans define as "basic necessities " for lifeforms to thrive upon may not be what another planet billions of lightyears away may define it. A dark planet for example (a planet without an illuminating star like the sun, may have complex lifeforms thriving who may have appendages, exoskeletons or whatever that requires the absence of light, or water for that matter. They may not even have a spoken language as we define it here, yet they can communicate. Limbs, but have their own ability to be mobile etc.
What may seem "normal" here should not be viewed as "abnormal" elsewhere amply because we have restricted our levels of definitions.
It may sound paradoxical as I am a Christian but I believe in the possibility of complex lifeforms currently existing in other planets not weighed down by man's definition of basic requirements for life.

Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by erusen: 11:00pm On Feb 01, 2016
Jimmyo3:
This is absolute display of intelligence, it seems you were among the pioneers of Einsteins Special and General relativity and Quantum mechanics to have such sound understanding of these theories. I look forward to seeing this kind of threads making front page and not some celebrity crap.
yes oh we need more people to campaign for scientific and knowledgeable topics so that we can trade knowledge
Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by Jimmyo3(m): 11:01pm On Feb 01, 2016
olushina559:
Google Search "blue planet project"
Are you refering to NASA's Blue Beam Project? Which plans to fake the second coming of Christ?
Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by E383: 11:02pm On Feb 01, 2016
Jeromejnr:

I still believe in the possibility of aliens tho!

But even tho they are still theories and maybe hoaxes, try researching the black knight satellite and the wow signal.

I know these things bro. I read on these and only end up worse off, confused. Mankind's foolishness knows no bound. I would have loved to debate you lot on this, however, I have other things to do.

Cheers.
Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by erusen: 11:03pm On Feb 01, 2016
vivaciousvivi:

But then again, what we humans define as "basic necessities " for lifeforms to thrive upon may not be what another planet billions of lightyears away may define it. A dark planet for example (a planet without an illuminating star like the sun, may have complex lifeforms thriving who may have appendages, exoskeletons or whatever that requires the absence of light, or water for that matter. They may not even have a spoken language as we define it here, yet they can communicate. Limbs, but have their own ability to be mobile etc.
What may seem "normal" here should not be viewed as "abnormal" elsewhere amply because we have restricted our levels of definitions.
It may sound paradoxical as I am a Christian but I believe in the possibility of complex lifeforms currently existing in other planets not weighed down by man's definition of basic requirements for life.
being a religious person kind of block ur free flow of imagination concerning things like this,but being a Muslim is worse though they still the earth is flat

Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by proprince(m): 11:03pm On Feb 01, 2016
We r nt alone oo, lucifer is wit us naw cheesy grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Boy Kills Huge Cobra In Kogi After Invading His House. Photos / Huge Python Delivering Money In Zimbabwe (Video) / Stone Falls From The Sky In Taraba State

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87