Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,799 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:15 AM

Are We Alone In The Universe? - Science/Technology (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Are We Alone In The Universe? (54423 Views)

The Look Of The Entire Universe In One Picture -awesome! / 10 Most Strange Stars (known) In The Observable Universe.. / Top 10 Most Mysterious Planets (known) In The Observable Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by johnydon22(m): 10:32am On Feb 02, 2016
dazzlingd:

even when u see them with your two eyes you will still claim they are hoax. .

many puzzles around u, it's left to you to fix the puzzles together and answer questions about your world if mental laziness or fear for the truth will permit
U.F.Os are called U.F.Os because that is what they are... someone can point at a whiff of cloud or even a rocket and say O.M.G what is that thing flying..

You don't know what it is means you don't doesn't mean its aliens.

Once we see an alien space ship land here then we do not need call it U.F.O anymore because now we have identified what is it..

Let the aliens stop lurking in the barns of some random guys trying to gain attention and trying landing in an airport next time... am sure thats where we want flying things to land

Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by Nobody: 10:32am On Feb 02, 2016
For those who may be interested, there is this Foundation made of volunteer scientists of some repute that focuses on finding new civilizations and space travels.

Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by Nobody: 10:34am On Feb 02, 2016
erusen:
yea bro,I also heard about the missing 24 hours oh,I think I heard something about astrologers saying stuffs like that I think I Google it now
I know the story. It is an Hoax. You can google it.

Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by erusen: 10:34am On Feb 02, 2016
johnydon22:
I think not though... If Einstein was right and space/time was like a flexible fabric and expands faster than light.. then surely we do not need to go fast like light we only need space/time to take on that jolly ride grin
Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by dazzlingd(m): 10:35am On Feb 02, 2016
SherlockWayne007:
[color=#000000][/color]

There's a flaw in the calculation. Initially, you stated that X+Y+Z+T = C. Later on, you said T = C - (X+Y+Z), where X+Y+Z = C (neglecting 'T') and you got T = 0. But if X+Y+Z+T = C, then T = C - (X+Y+Z) will be T = C - (C-T). (Because X+Y+Z = C-T, not just 'C'). Therefore, T = C-C+T, which means T = T, and that doesn't prove anything
This how madness dey take start oo

Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by Ramon92: 10:38am On Feb 02, 2016
johnydon22:
My bro we are a fortunate lot to be in a generation where we have unlimited knowledge at the tip of our fingers (The internet) .. many don't realize this and they use the internet for things that are basically useless and cannot develop them ..

I am a 21st century being bro, so i deal with e-books mostly not hard copies (mostly because i sometimes can't afford hard copies).. So i have tons of E-books i can send to you and another way is youtube, it is much fun... The phone makes it easy that you carry a whole lot of books without the weight for free.. wink
I just sent you a pm... Kindly respond.. Thanks
Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by erusen: 10:39am On Feb 02, 2016
johnydon22:
U.F.Os are called U.F.Os because that is what they are... someone can point at a whiff of cloud or even a rocket and say O.M.G what is that thing flying..

Once we see an alien space ship land here then we do not need call it U.F.O anymore because now we have identified what is it..

Let the aliens stop lurking in the barns of some random guys trying to gain attention and trying landing in an airport next time... am sure thats where we want flying things to land
my guy I just tire oh,all these jorel and kalel story so

Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by johnydon22(m): 10:40am On Feb 02, 2016
erusen:
yea bro,I also heard about the missing 24 hours oh,I think I heard something about astrologers saying stuffs like that I think I Google it now
[b] Bro it is Urban legend complete hoax propagated mostly by Christian apologetic website like answeringgenesis... its a desperate clutch trying to reconcile belief with science.

If such a thing happened and the earth stood still for hours everything would have been destroyed.. (Even though Joshua wrote the sun stood still rather which we know it completely a show of ignorance)

at the speed at which the earth rotates in it's axis comes to a sudden halt the sudden jerk will be so great that not even a stone will remain unmoved... the world as you know it would have been completely destroyed.. houses, trees will perish even earth quakes greater than any imagined..

Let me imagine the above effect didn't take place.. One part of earth will be imagining why the sun never set while the other will be wondering why the day never broke and it seemed remarkable that such world shaking event as the sun delaying to rise or fall in different parts of the world happened and nobody in these other parts of the world bothered recording only the jews who claimed it happened for their sake.

Fictitious myth has never been more glaring
[/b]

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by erusen: 10:40am On Feb 02, 2016
dazzlingd:
This how madness dey take start oo
don't call u don't understand madness
Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by johnydon22(m): 10:44am On Feb 02, 2016
Ramon92:
I just sent you a pm... Kindly respond.. Thanks
Just did boss
Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by chccho(m): 10:45am On Feb 02, 2016
I believe strongly that there is a lot out there in the universe than just us here on earth.

I believe UFOs exist, if u take out time to gaze at the sky at night u will notice alot of activities are going on there like dashing stars etc

Recently i have been having these weird dreams of some people/creatures/aliens visiting, or spying on the earth with some very strange gigantic air crafts which i believe could be aliens....
i have had these dreams more than twice now

i believe the more we explore the closer we are to new discoverie of the world unknown

Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by erusen: 10:46am On Feb 02, 2016
johnydon22:
[b] Bro it is Urban legend complete hoax propagated mostly by Christian apologetic website like answeringgenesis... its a desperate clutch trying to reconcile belief with science.

If such a thing happened and the earth stood still for hours everything would have been destroyed.. (Even though Joshua wrote the sun stood still rather which we know it completely a show of ignorance)

at the speed at which the earth rotates in it's axis comes to a sudden halt the sudden jerk will be so great that not even a stone will remain unmoved.

Let me imagine the above effect didn't take place.. One part of earth will be imagining why the sun never set while the other will be wondering why the day never broke and it seemed remarkable that such world shaking event as the sun delaying to rise or fall in different parts of the world happened and nobody in these other parts of the world bothered recording only the jews who claimed it happened for their sake.

Fictitious myth has never been more glaring
[/b]
yea I know the effects,that is why I was just laughing at the story.only the Jews indeed,but that sun stand still statement by Joshua is called language of appearance,just like sunsets or sunrise,any way people believing those stuffs are weird considering the castatrophic effect it will have on the world,even of the thing happen for one minute, talkless of a whole dey haba,people dey talk things oh

Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by erusen: 10:47am On Feb 02, 2016
chccho:
I believe strongly that there is a lot out there in the universe than just us here on earth.

I believe UFOs exist, if u take out time to gaze at the sky at night u will notice alot of activities are going on there like dashing stars etc

Recently i have been having these weird dreams of some people/creatures/aliens visiting, or spying on the earth with some very strange gigantic air crafts which i believe could be aliens....
i have had these dreams more than twice now

i believe the more we explore the closer we are to new discoverie of the world unknown
all these your dream sect,UFO don't exixt science don't work on hearsays
Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by johnydon22(m): 10:50am On Feb 02, 2016
erusen:
my guy I just tire oh,all these jorel and kalel story so
"I saw it" is never an evidence of anything in science, that thing must be verifiable by experiment or substantiated by tangible observations .

Next time an alien spaceship abducts another deluded attention seeker let that person try and steal anything he can lay his hands on because anything alien will be completely different from what we have and so can provide weight for their claims worthy to be looked into.

Just claiming it doesn't do it.

Or next time a spaceship decides to land on the barn of some farmer in texas he should kindly give them the direction to the airport.

Stories or claims of seeing anything is never an evidence for it

Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by johnydon22(m): 10:52am On Feb 02, 2016
erusen:
yea I know the effects,that is why I was just laughing at the story.only the Jews indeed,but that sun stand still statement by Joshua is called language of appearance,just like sunsets or sunrise,any way people believing those stuffs are weird considering the castatrophic effect it will have on the world,even of the thing happen for one minute, talkless of a whole dey haba,people dey talk things oh
Hahahahaha people deh talk things no be small ...grin grin
Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by chccho(m): 10:53am On Feb 02, 2016
erusen:
all these your dream sect,UFO don't exixt science don't work on hearsays
And who are u to tell if its hearsay or not? how do u know if there exist or not?
Dont conclude or judge what u dont know u are just an ordinary human being

Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by dazzlingd(m): 10:56am On Feb 02, 2016
Hero10001:
Read your Bible, it's got ALL the answers you need.
for those that might not read, can u summarie the answers

Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by johnydon22(m): 10:56am On Feb 02, 2016
chccho:

And who are u to tell if its hearsay or not? how do u know if there exist or not?
Bro you already said it was in your dream, what are we supposed to do? take your dreams to be reality? we have many Sci-fi movies with themes just like that your dream..

Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by erusen: 11:02am On Feb 02, 2016
johnydon22:
"I saw it" is never an evidence of anything in science, that thing must be verifiable by experiment or substantiated by tangible observations .

Next time an alien spaceship abducts another deluded attention seeker let that person try and steal anything he can lay his hands on because anything alien will be completely different from what we have and so can provide weight for their claims worthy to be looked into.

Just claiming it doesn't do it.

Or next time a spaceship decides to land on the barn of some farmer in texas he should kindly give them the direction to the airport.

Stories or claims of seeing anything is never an evidence for it
like seriously oh these things don't belong in science
Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by erusen: 11:04am On Feb 02, 2016
chccho:

I know say o be ordinary,an I can also dream too, I even dream say I be superman
Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by erusen: 11:05am On Feb 02, 2016
johnydon22:
Hahahahaha people deh talk things no be small ...grin grin
my guy I just dey look dem oh,I nor wan slap person
Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by Setaje(f): 11:06am On Feb 02, 2016
All I no is I have seen ufo's twice. The same kind that people said they have seen. A flying saucer. Here in Nigeria. Twice. Don't care if you don't believe but I no what I saw. I wasn't sleeping or in a truance. It was as real as seeing an airplane. Only that this one was exactly like a flying saucer.
Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by dazzlingd(m): 11:07am On Feb 02, 2016
johnydon22:

The earth is billions of years old.
how old is humanity? The age of man is an insignificant number to that of the earth.
how old are you....let's assume you are 100 years old that which is less than an eye blink, insignificant, index number....technically does not exist.

my point, you are a mere mortal, all u have ever known and all man has ever discovered is not up to 0.1% of the universe.

so tell me, who are you to stand, say and rule out a possibility that something does not exist when u technically do not exist on the record of this ageless universe...who are you?

Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by johnydon22(m): 11:12am On Feb 02, 2016
dazzlingd:

The earth is billions of years old.
how old is humanity? The age of man is an insignificant number to that of the earth.
how old are you....let's assume you are 100 years old that which is less than an eye blink, insignificant, index number....technically does not exist.

my point, you are a mere mortal, all u have ever known and all man has ever discovered is not up to 0.1% of the universe.

so tell me, who are you to stand, say and rule out a possibility that something does not exist when u technically do not exist on the record of this ageless universe...who are you?
And here we go with the misconceptions... i never for once said your U.F.Os don't exist..

Maybe you didn't understand my post well i believe you should read it again.

here is a hint " Once we see an alien space ship land here then we do not need call it U.F.O anymore because now we have identified what is it.."

So anything you dub U.F.O is not alien it means it is unidentified so you do not know..

Until we confirm these claims they remain just claims... we have cloud formations that looks like Saucers called lenticular clouds always mistaken for U.F.O.

so that you do not know what something is doesn't mean it is aliens it means you do not know..

Flying saucer claims are feeble and unsubstantiated mostly misrepresentation of natural phenomenons or earthly experiments

Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by chccho(m): 11:14am On Feb 02, 2016
[quote author=johnydon22 post=42546806] Bro you already said it was in your dream, what are we supposed to do? take your dreams to be reality? we have many Sci-fi movies with themes just like that your dream..[/quoteu u are quick to respond to posts but u havent taken out time to properly read and digest cos if u read my post carefully u will understand where i am coming from..
what i see in my dream is my personal opinion and belief..
have i forced that down your throat in anyway?
Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by dazzlingd(m): 11:17am On Feb 02, 2016
Setaje:
All I no is I have seen ufo's twice. The same kind that people said they have seen. A flying saucer. Here in Nigeria. Twice. Don't care if you don't believe but I no what I saw. I wasn't sleeping or in a truance. It was as real as seeing an airplane. Only that this one was exactly like a flying saucer.
no one wud believe, they will say u saw somtin else, they will say it was jst ur mind, u watch too much movies or they simply laugh....
my curiosity in ufo started after what I experienced sometimes back. But I cared not sharing with anyone cus no one wud believe anyway

Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by johnydon22(m): 11:19am On Feb 02, 2016
chccho:
u are quick
to respond to posts but u havent taken out time to properly read and digest cos
if u read my post carefully u will understand where i am coming from..
what i see in my dream is my personal opinion and belief..
have i forced that down your throat in anyway?
Oh No sir not at all boss.. we are only having an open discussion .. Comparing, contrasting, scrutinizing the possibilities..

we all know these are possibilities you may yet be right so do not see it as an attack on your personal convictions

Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by chccho(m): 11:21am On Feb 02, 2016
johnydon22:
And here we go with the misconceptions... i never for once said your U.F.Os don't exist..

Maybe you didn't understand my post well i believe you should read it again.

here is a hint " Once we see an alien space ship land here then we do not need call it U.F.O anymore because now we have identified what is it.."

So anything you dub U.F.O is not alien it means it is unidentified so you do not know..

Until we confirm these claims they remain just claims... we have cloud formations that looks like Saucers called lenticular clouds always mistaken for U.F.O.

so that you do not know what something is doesn't mean it is aliens it means you do not know..

Flying saucer claims are feeble and unsubstantiated mostly misrepresentation of natural phenomenons or earthly experiments
your over sabi is too much and thats where u are shooting yourself in the leg...
u seem to have answers to everyones post but the simple question is this.
if the earth has been in existence millions of years ago, and u havent lived more than a 100, then who are u to tell what has been, what is and what will be? when u cant even tell what is next for u ..

Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by johnydon22(m): 11:23am On Feb 02, 2016
dazzlingd:

no one wud believe, they will say u saw somtin else, they will say it was jst ur mind, u watch too much movies or they simply laugh....
my curiosity in ufo started after what I experienced sometimes back. But I cared not sharing with anyone cus no one wud believe anyway
The funny part is bro you keep calling it U.F.O.

For the fact that it is U.F.O which means Unidentified Flying Object means you have not identified what it is so how then can you conclude on what it is when you have not identified exactly what it is.

That you saw something you cannot identify doesn't make it alien, it simply means you are yet to identify it..Once identified we both know it won't be dubbed U.F.O anymore because we now know what it is.

so until we identify and know no need formulating such claims that it is aliens

Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by chccho(m): 11:23am On Feb 02, 2016
johnydon22:
Oh No sir not at all boss.. we are only having an open discussion .. Comparing, contrasting, scrutinizing the possibilities..

we all know these are possibilities you may yet be right so do not see it as an attack on your personal convictions
ok, better
Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by chccho(m): 11:24am On Feb 02, 2016
dazzlingd:

pls can u share i would like to hear about it
Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by johnydon22(m): 11:25am On Feb 02, 2016
chccho:

your over sabi is too much and thats where u are shooting yourself in the leg...
u seem to have answers to everyones post but the simple question is this.
if the earth has been in existence millions of years ago, and u havent lived more than a 100, then who are u to tell what has been, what is and what will be? when u cant even tell what is next for u ..

Why is that people do not like their claims challenged or scrutinized.. you cannot mention where i shot myself on the foot just saying because you feel that your personal convictions are endangered here.

Nobody is disputing your claims am sure our position is that you cannot claim it to be true when it is an unverified subject

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply)

Boy Kills Huge Cobra In Kogi After Invading His House. Photos / Huge Python Delivering Money In Zimbabwe (Video) / Stunning And Rare Mammatus Clouds Form On Argentina Skies (Pics, Video)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70