Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,305 members, 7,850,087 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 02:11 PM

. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / . (3375 Views)

Numbers Of Federal Workers By State Of Origin-- Bureau Of Public Service / Babatunde Fashola Resumes Work As A Minister See Photos / FRSC Inaugurates Bicycle Riding As Means Of Transportation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by alatbaba1(m): 6:08pm On Jan 30, 2016
XperiaZ6:
If so,maybe Lagos should get an articulated one like this one .But it has to move forward and not reverse.

A single deck has 42 sit and takes up to 75 passenger
A double deck takes up to 215 passengers

Kinda too long considering d head is fixed to d body will be difficult to make some u-turn and unlike trailers dat has its head not fixed to d body. These will require wide road road navigate properly.
Re: . by Scholes007(m): 6:29pm On Jan 30, 2016
Cutehector:
yes import.. why ask. Do dey assemble the parts here in nigeria?
assembly it nigeria should have been better.
Re: . by tsdarkside(m): 6:32pm On Jan 30, 2016
could...but you have to plan your routes very well.....or else,,,palavers...
Re: . by Cutehector(m): 6:42pm On Jan 30, 2016
Scholes007:
assembly it nigeria should have been better.
Urm do we have the facility to assemble it? Inosson isn't doin berra...
Re: . by Scholes007(m): 6:57pm On Jan 30, 2016
Cutehector:
Urm do we have the facility to assemble it? Inosson isn't doin berra...
there is nothing like innoson is not doing better, there can be an agreement with the maker of that vehicle with assembling/manufacturers like ANAMCO, PAN, innoson or stallion group.
Re: . by Cutehector(m): 7:00pm On Jan 30, 2016
Scholes007:
there is nothing like innoson is not doing better, there can be an agreement with the maker of that with assembling/manufacturers like ANAMCO, PAN, innoson or stallion group.
OK.. av been thinkn, if all d unemployed graduates in nigeria can contribute some cash, it's really gona build a lot of industries. What ya think?
Re: . by Scholes007(m): 7:23pm On Jan 30, 2016
Cutehector:
OK.. av been thinkn, if all d unemployed graduates in nigeria can contribute some cash, it's really gona build a lot of industries. What ya think?
i didn't get you right, do you mean undergraduates should contribute to build factories?
Re: . by Cutehector(m): 7:25pm On Jan 30, 2016
Scholes007:
i didn't get you right, do you mean undergraduates should contribute to build factories?
I said graduates who are unemployed...
Re: . by Scholes007(m): 7:45pm On Jan 30, 2016
Cutehector:
I said graduates who are unemployed...
ok i get it, but it is not done that way. How will the unemployed get money to finance the construction of an industry?, Who will collect the money?, who will manage the money prudently?, how will there agree to that? Many unanswerable questions. My take here is just three options that most work hand in hand, which is
1: Reconfiguration of the mind of the youths to be self reliant. removal of this mindset of "it most be white collar or blue collar job" one can learn a trade and start from there.
2: govt should make a way to create access to soft loans for these [color=990000]vulnerable people[/color](unemployed graduates) to start so business especially in any trade there are good in.
3: Creation of favourable environment for how grown small and medium sized enterprises. This will create jobs.
Re: . by shegxi(m): 7:46pm On Jan 30, 2016
lamideee:
No be only ikotun wa,na warri wa tongue
hahahahahaha........mabinu, mi o momo grin grin grin grin grin
Re: . by Cutehector(m): 7:53pm On Jan 30, 2016
Scholes007:
ok i get it, but it is not done that way. How will the unemployed get money to finance the construction of an industry?, Who will collect the money?, who will manage the money prudently?, how will there agree to that? Many unanswerable questions. My take here is just three options that most work hand in hand, which is
1: Reconfiguration of the mind of the youths to be self reliant. removal of this mindset of "it most be white collar or blue collar job" one can learn a trade and start from there.
2: govt should a way for soft loans for these [color=990000]vulnerable people[/color](unemployed graduates) to start so business especially in any trade there are good in.
3: Creation of favourable environment for how grown small and medium sized enterprises. These will create jobs.
my brother, isn't it people like us dat joined hands to build the tower of babel? Cmon don't be so pessimistic. If u waitn for the government to create an avenue for graduates to be self employed den you wasting your time.. u can't say umployed graduates dnt hav a kobo, if each graduate can contribute a thousand naira, dat money can buy a whole country.

Nw to d part of who"s gona manage it, the church will.. not just any damn church, but a reputable church, more like d Roman Catholic church. Or maybe the IMF can help us manage the money.. see to it that it gets utilized
Re: . by Scholes007(m): 8:03pm On Jan 30, 2016
Cutehector:
my brother, isn't it people like us dat joined hands to build the tower of babel? Cmon don't be so pessimistic. If u waitn for the government to create an avenue for graduates to be self employed den you wasting your time.. u can't say umployed graduates dnt hav a kobo, if each graduate can contribute a thousand naira, dat money can buy a whole country.

Nw to d part of who"s gona manage it, the church will.. not just any damn church, but a reputable church, more like d Roman Catholic church. Or maybe the IMF can help us manage the money.. see to it that it gets utilized
ok let's start now. We are 1 million unemployed graduates and we want to contribute money for a company that will employ 100 (that is going by the #1000 we will contribute.). who will choose not to be employed? How do we even start to organize and collect the money? And many many more answerable questions. So you see it is not possible. Govt most be there, individual williness most be there and enabling environment most be there.
Re: . by Cutehector(m): 8:13pm On Jan 30, 2016
Scholes007:
ok let's start now. We are 1 million unemployed graduates and we want to contribute money for a company that will employ 100 (that is going by the #1000 we will contribute.). who will choose not to be employed? How do we even start to organize and collect the money? And many many more answerable questions. So you see it is not possible. Govt most be there, individual williness most be there and enabling environment most be there.
my brother see, dnt think like dat, employ just a hundred? Hw will u feel when u are being paid a great salary out of 1000 u contributed.. let's say 1million unemployed youths contribute a thousand each, that's gona result in trillions ryt? Good, d money is used to build schools, hospitals, industries, etc and everyone who contributed has a share in d stocks. It's gona be just an empire with different subsidiaries. Den jobs will be given according to each and evryone. As for salaries, it's goin to be uniform... everyone can't drive a wheel at d same time, there is gona be a division of labour. Let us say, we contribute these funds to let's say the IMF, den d IMF gets the contract to build the empire. A lot of jobs will be created in a flash. Mehn, think abt it
Re: . by Scholes007(m): 8:23pm On Jan 30, 2016
Cutehector:
my brother see, dnt think like dat, employ just a hundred? Hw will u feel when u are being paid a great salary out of 1000 u contributed.. let's say 1million unemployed youths contribute a thousand each, that's gona result in trillions ryt? Good, d money is used to build schools, hospitals, industries, etc and everyone who contributed has a share in d stocks. It's gona be just an empire with different subsidiaries. Den jobs will be given according to each and evryone. As for salaries, it's goin to be uniform... everyone can't drive a wheel at d same time, there is gona be a division of labour. Let us say, we contribute these funds to let's say the IMF, den d IMF gets the contract to build the empire. A lot of jobs will be created in a flash. Mehn, think abt it
hahaha my good friend you sound very funny. Well actually it is a billion not trillion. A billion naira cannot set up a standard table water factory that can employ upto hundred persons. I understand you desire for things to turnout fine in this nation, but it doesn't work that way.
Re: . by Cutehector(m): 8:25pm On Jan 30, 2016
Scholes007:
hahaha my good friend you sound very funny. Well actually it is a billion not trillion. A billion naira cannot set up a standard table water factory that can employ upto hundred persons. I understand you desire for things to turnout fine in this nation, but it doesn't work that way.
jeeez.. I dnt need people like u as friends...
Re: . by Scholes007(m): 8:33pm On Jan 30, 2016
Cutehector:
jeeez.. I dnt need people like u as friends...
hiee, wetin i do? Why you no wan make we be friends now?
Re: . by sultaan(m): 8:35pm On Jan 30, 2016
Imagine tankers and trailers rolling over on the roads now try driving those buses loaded on the same road
Re: . by Cutehector(m): 8:36pm On Jan 30, 2016
Scholes007:
hiee, wetin i do? Why you no wan make we be friends now?
lol u be pessimist I swear.. see we need to enlighten today"s youth.. let dem see the bright picture..

It's all part of the Common sense initiative. wink
Re: . by Scholes007(m): 8:43pm On Jan 30, 2016
Cutehector:
lol u be pessimist I swear.. see we need to enlighten today"s youth.. let dem see the bright picture..

It's all part of the Common sense initiative. wink
huhu, ok o but it will be good if you can call on any other person you know to give you his own view. But the truth is that it doesn't work that way. Jst mention the person i will be reading
Re: . by Cutehector(m): 8:49pm On Jan 30, 2016
Scholes007:
huhu, ok o but it will be good if you can call on any other person you know to give you his own view. But the truth is that it doesn't work that way. Jst mention the person i will be reading
just d way zuckerberg was talked down wen he wanted to build facebook..
Re: . by naptu2: 9:07pm On Jan 30, 2016
Double decker buses have been used for public transportation in Nigeria in the past. The new state of Katsina used it as its main form of public transport in the late 1980s and interstate transporters, eg The Young Shall Grow Motors, also used double decker buses in the early 2000s.

Lagos and Cross River States also have open top double decker buses, but these are used as tourist buses, not for public transportation.

However, it's against Nigerian law to use double decker buses. Nigerian law places limitations on the height of vehicles (I can't remember how many metres) because of the high centre of gravity and fears that high vehicles could easily tip over. That's why the FRSC threatened inter-state transporters that they would seize their double decker buses and prosecute their drivers.

byrron:
I remember seeing this buses in my childhood day's in kaduna state and all of a sudden, they all vanished into oblivion.

Pavore9:
l travelled with one from Enugu to lagos. way back in 2000. We had passengers who sat on the stairs who paid for "attachment".
Re: . by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jan 30, 2016
naptu2:
Double decker buses have been used for public transportation in Nigeria in the past. The new state of Katsina used it as its main form of public transport in the late 1980s and interstate transporters, eg The Young Shall Grow Motors, also used double decker buses in the early 2000s.

Lagos and Cross River States also have open top double decker buses, but these are used as tourist buses, not for public transportation.

However, it's against Nigerian law to use double decker buses. Nigerian law places limitations on the height of vehicles (I can't remember how many metres) because of the high centre of gravity and fears that high vehicles could easily tip over. That's why the FRSC threatened inter-state transporters that they would seize their double decker buses and prosecute their drivers.

Thanks for the information
Re: . by Nobody: 9:58pm On Jan 30, 2016
Re: . by naptu2: 10:17pm On Jan 30, 2016
XperiaZ6:
Well, Nigeria needs to review some of it's outdated laws . Did you know that the tallest building in the entire Southern Nigeria(apart fom lagos ) in the 70s was in Oron ? A 7 storey building which still stands there today. It remained the tallest building in akwa ibom/crossriver if not the niger delta until Godswill akpbaio built the 15 storey hotel at ikot ekepene . I heard The owner wanted to build a 30 storey building with elevator,but the eastern governor along with his entourage raced to Oron to put a stop from going further.All because They feared that it would fall .

It's a debate that keeps going back and forth. There were also concerns about the centre of gravity of double decker buses (routemasters) in the UK in the late 1990s and this led to the introduction of articulated buses (the so called "bendy bus" ). However, it was discovered that the bendy buses are even more dangerous than double decker buses and so bendy buses are now out while double deckers are back in.

But I do agree with you that they should be used in Nigeria. Katsina State never had any problems with them in the late 1980s, neither did the inter-state transport companies, so I don't think they would cause unusual safety problems.

Regarding the tallest building in southern Nigeria: remember that Cocoa House in Ibadan was completed in 1965.

(1) (2) (Reply)

See The Telephone Numbers Of Some Governors In Nigeria / World Bank Predicts 1.6% Fall For African Economies / Yorubas Are The Problem With Nigeria – By Lamido Sanusi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.