Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,124 members, 7,814,940 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:36 AM

Should We Give President Buhari Credit For Gov. Wike Victory? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should We Give President Buhari Credit For Gov. Wike Victory? (2054 Views)

WIKE’S VICTORY: Oyegun Calls For Probe Of S-court Judges / Wike's Victory At Supreme Court: No Victory Yet. / Bayelsa Women Lay Their Wrappers On The Road For Gov. Dickson To Walk On (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should We Give President Buhari Credit For Gov. Wike Victory? by phemmyutd(m): 8:36pm On Jan 30, 2016
There have been speculations that the federal
Power wanted to influence the Supreme Court
Judgement. But as God will have it Gov. Wike
came out victorious.
Now should we give President Buhari some credit
for not influencing Supreme Court judgement in
favour of his Party despite the fact that APC won at
the Tribunal and Appeal Court.
Re: Should We Give President Buhari Credit For Gov. Wike Victory? by TippyTop(m): 8:38pm On Jan 30, 2016
How can we give him credit, he just couldn't influence the outcome. Thank the judiciary instead.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should We Give President Buhari Credit For Gov. Wike Victory? by phemmyutd(m): 8:40pm On Jan 30, 2016
TippyTop:
How can we give him credit, he just couldn't influence the outcome. Thank the judiciary instead.

but if its other way round we would blame him

3 Likes

Re: Should We Give President Buhari Credit For Gov. Wike Victory? by TippyTop(m): 8:44pm On Jan 30, 2016
phemmyutd:

Like I said, the judges refused to play ball, it's not like the fed govt didn't try to influence it.

How can you thank a thief for failing in his bid to steal?

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should We Give President Buhari Credit For Gov. Wike Victory? by phemmyutd(m): 8:46pm On Jan 30, 2016
TippyTop:

Like I said, the judges refused to play ball, it's not like the fed govt didn't try to influence it.

You might be right in your opinion though

1 Like

Re: Should We Give President Buhari Credit For Gov. Wike Victory? by TippyTop(m): 8:46pm On Jan 30, 2016
I read on Twitter a high ranking soldier went to see the judges, they refused point blank. Thanks to our highly revered judges at the Supreme Court.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should We Give President Buhari Credit For Gov. Wike Victory? by phemmyutd(m): 8:50pm On Jan 30, 2016
TippyTop:
I read on Twitter a high ranking soldier went to see the judges, they refused point blank. Thanks to our highly revered judges at the Supreme Court.

mind you, Anyone can write and twit anything

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should We Give President Buhari Credit For Gov. Wike Victory? by wasak(m): 9:00pm On Jan 30, 2016
TippyTop:
Very Daft opinion, so twitter is now a reliable source of information when the basic thing they do there is gossip. Nigerians can be very funny

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should We Give President Buhari Credit For Gov. Wike Victory? by TippyTop(m): 9:02pm On Jan 30, 2016
[s]
wasak:

Very Daft opinion, so twitter is now a reliable source of information when the basic thing they do there is gossip. Nigerians can be very funny
[/s]

APC used twitter successfully as opposition, expect us to do same.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should We Give President Buhari Credit For Gov. Wike Victory? by wasak(m): 9:07pm On Jan 30, 2016
TippyTop:
[s][/s]

APC used twitter successfully as opposition, expect us to do same.
Facts are different from opinion. Anybody can post anything on Twitter, so you don't expect us to just believe the gibberish you posted up there because one person tweeted.

4 Likes

Re: Should We Give President Buhari Credit For Gov. Wike Victory? by demarc001: 9:13pm On Jan 30, 2016
He deserves credit in some way

2 Likes

Re: Should We Give President Buhari Credit For Gov. Wike Victory? by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jan 30, 2016
NO...GMB knows any attempt to install Dakuku or rob Wike of his victory will spell doom for him and country. An invitation to militancy in Rivers state. Rivers and Akwa Ibom remain the only two states that have not embarked on militancy. Don't provoke them! Same goes with Akwa Ibom reruns...don't dare impose APC on the people. Akwa Ibom people have been so quiet all these yrs despite feeding this nation with its position as the highest oil producing state...don't give them a reason to embrace militancy. Their leaders have enough cash to finance it for decades.

2 Likes

Re: Should We Give President Buhari Credit For Gov. Wike Victory? by excellencyabia1: 9:17pm On Jan 30, 2016
Thanking him? Capital No. Because if he had his way, he would treaded the past without any consideration. Just wish that of abia state will be on truth

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should We Give President Buhari Credit For Gov. Wike Victory? by ddippset(m): 10:01pm On Jan 30, 2016
TippyTop:

yes you cannot thank a thief for failing to steal, but you want to idolize and thank Jonathan every day of your natural life for relinguishing power after losing outrightly in an election! Bloody hypocrites yall.

4 Likes

Re: Should We Give President Buhari Credit For Gov. Wike Victory? by ddippset(m): 10:01pm On Jan 30, 2016
. If the supreme court had given peterside victory, you would have blamed it on buhari by saying buhari is pocketing the Judiciary, now that wike has gotten victory, the story is buhari tried to influence them but the judges resisted him. Then on Sunday you will go to church, or to the mosque of friday to open your stinking hypocritical mouth to talk to God.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should We Give President Buhari Credit For Gov. Wike Victory? by Pidggin(f): 10:09pm On Jan 30, 2016
I would have given him credit but i don't know the network he uses

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should We Give President Buhari Credit For Gov. Wike Victory? by ddippset(m): 10:10pm On Jan 30, 2016
TippyTop:
I read it on Twitter that wike got Justiçe Mary Odili and OCJ Okocha to do the dirty job of returning wike by bribing and convincing all seven of the panel of judges. Remember that during the tribunal wike was running around Abuja looking for chief justice mahmoud Mohammed. Well its obvious he finally found him!

5 Likes

Re: Should We Give President Buhari Credit For Gov. Wike Victory? by TippyTop(m): 10:10pm On Jan 30, 2016
ddippset:
yes you cannot thank a thief for failing to steal, but you want to idolize and thank Jonathan every day of your natural life for relinguishing power after losing outrightly in an election! Bloody hypocrites yall.

List the number of presidents who have willingly given power to the opposition in Africa. Even your demigod Bubu praised Jonathan's sportsmanship and patriotism for conceding. That singular act saved millions from dying.

I however think it was wrong for Jonathan to hand over to a known tyrant.

1 Like

Re: Should We Give President Buhari Credit For Gov. Wike Victory? by ddippset(m): 10:15pm On Jan 30, 2016
TippyTop:

List the number of presidents who have willingly given power to the opposition in Africa. Even your demigod Bubu praised Jonathan's sportsmanship and patriotism for conceding. That singular act saved millions from dying.

I however think it was wrong for Jonathan to hand over to a known tyrant.
that's the analogy iam giving. He said you cannot thank a thief for failing to steal só why do you worship Jonathan for failing to steal power by holding on to the presidency after being roundly defeated by buhari? Or you can't understand the analogy? Are you in primary 2? Low brain!

4 Likes

Re: Should We Give President Buhari Credit For Gov. Wike Victory? by nigerianvenom(m): 10:17pm On Jan 30, 2016
phemmyutd:

U asked a question and expect everybody to support ur notion

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should We Give President Buhari Credit For Gov. Wike Victory? by TippyTop(m): 10:20pm On Jan 30, 2016
[s]
ddippset:
that's the analogy iam giving. He said you cannot thank a thief for failing to steal só why do you worship Jonathan for failing to steal power by holding on to the presidency after being roundly defeated by buhari? Or you can't understand the analogy? Are you in primary 2? Low brain!
[/s]

Stupidity bore me.
I asked you how many presidents have willingly handed over to the opposition and you couldn't come up with any name.
That makes Jonathan the special one, the one that saved baboons from being soaked in blood. Please no more mentions, except you have something meaningful to say. Goodnight

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should We Give President Buhari Credit For Gov. Wike Victory? by ddippset(m): 10:22pm On Jan 30, 2016
nigerianvenom:

U asked a question and expect everybody to support ur notion
he's not expecting everyone to support, he's only moderating childish and silly conspiracy theories.

3 Likes

Re: Should We Give President Buhari Credit For Gov. Wike Victory? by ddippset(m): 10:25pm On Jan 30, 2016
TippyTop:
[s][/s]

Stupidity bore me.
I asked you how many presidents have willingly handed over to the opposition and you couldn't come up with any name.
That makes Jonathan the special one, the one that saved baboons from being soaked in blood. Please no more mentions, except you have something meaningful to say. Goodnight
Nonsense! Nonsense! Nonsense! The question you asked is the silliest question ever asked. If you had asked this question any date before Christ, the English dictionary wouldn't have any word like silly. The word would be TippyTop. Who cares how many presidents have stepped down for the opposition? Buhari should be not be praised for refusing to manipulate supreme court judgement but Jonathan should be praised for refusing to cling on to power abi? Doggy dog, now run off to bed, now!

5 Likes

Re: Should We Give President Buhari Credit For Gov. Wike Victory? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:27pm On Jan 30, 2016
While we may choose to play politics with courts' judgements, the truth and fact is that it amounts ignorance to ascribe court's judgements to the President instead of concentrating on merit/demerit of the judgement and challenging it if unsatisfied.

@OP: Buhari deserves NO credit for this judgement, neither does he have any blame for any judgement that goes his party's way! It was a victory for Nigerians

2 Likes

Re: Should We Give President Buhari Credit For Gov. Wike Victory? by ddippset(m): 10:29pm On Jan 30, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
While we may choose to play politics with courts' judgements, the truth and fact is that it amounts ignorance to ascribe court's judgements to the President instead of concentrating on merit/demerit of the judgement and challenging it if unsatisfied.

@OP: Buhari deserves NO credit! It was a victory for Nigerians
quite correct. I know how you love to be politically correct and everything. But you must also spell it out that yes Buhari deserves NO credit for court decisions against his party AND ALSO BUHARI DESERVES NO BLAME FOR COURT DECISIONS IN FAVOUR OF HIS PARTY. tell it to these numb heads here before you start forming Mr objective!
Re: Should We Give President Buhari Credit For Gov. Wike Victory? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:42pm On Jan 30, 2016
ddippset:
quite correct. I know how you love to be politically correct and everything. But you must also spell it out that yes Buhari deserves NO credit for court decisions against his party AND ALSO BUHARI DESERVES NO BLAME FOR COURT DECISIONS IN FAVOUR OF HIS PARTY. tell it to these numb heads here before you start forming Mr objective!
Well, I will modify my comment to capture it but I just said it amounts to ignorance to ascribe judgement of court to any sitting President. The last part was to answer his question.

And Yes, Buhari has NO blame for any judgement that goes in favor of his party.
Re: Should We Give President Buhari Credit For Gov. Wike Victory? by ddippset(m): 10:45pm On Jan 30, 2016
Its simple as ABC, if it hurts you só badly to praise Mr Buhari when court rulings go against his government and his party then don't dare to blame him when court rulings go in favour of his government and his party. Don't even dare!

3 Likes

Re: Should We Give President Buhari Credit For Gov. Wike Victory? by ddippset(m): 10:46pm On Jan 30, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Well, I will modify my comment to capture it but I just said it amounts to ignorance to ascribe judgement of court to any sitting President. The last part was to answer his question.

And Yes, Buhari has NO blame for any judgement that goes in favor of his party.
good. That's a very good modification to your statement. Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should We Give President Buhari Credit For Gov. Wike Victory? by APCsupporter: 10:49pm On Jan 30, 2016
ddippset:

Don't mind the wailing buffons

3 Likes

Re: Should We Give President Buhari Credit For Gov. Wike Victory? by omolami: 10:49pm On Jan 30, 2016
What credit when in actual sense the man developed migrane from the shock at wike's victory
Re: Should We Give President Buhari Credit For Gov. Wike Victory? by APCsupporter: 10:53pm On Jan 30, 2016
TippyTop:
[s][/s]

Stupidity bore me.

Do you know how many people died because he used money meant for arms to campaign? Jonathan is an inefectual buffon and a bastard. God will punish that fool

3 Likes

Re: Should We Give President Buhari Credit For Gov. Wike Victory? by APCsupporter: 10:55pm On Jan 30, 2016
ddippset:
Nonsense! Nonsense! Nonsense! The question you asked is the silliest question ever asked. If you had asked this question any date before Christ, the English dictionary wouldn't have any word like silly. The word would be TippyTop. Who cares how many presidents have stepped down for the opposition? Buhari should be not be praised for refusing to manipulate supreme court judgement but Jonathan should be praised for refusing to cling on to power abi? Doggy dog, now run off to bed, now!

Nice point there

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can We Please Ban Or Delete Posts And Threads Calling Nigeria A Zoo? / APC Responsible For Killing Of Soldiers In Rivers State – State Government / Shehu Sagari To Contest 2019 Presidential Elections-primace News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.