Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,789 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:58 PM

Wives Of Olowu Of Owu In Hijab, Sitting Next To Him At An Event - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Wives Of Olowu Of Owu In Hijab, Sitting Next To Him At An Event (40571 Views)

Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Oba Ewuare II (photos) / 3 Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Eheneden Erediauwa (Photos) / Wives Of Olowu Of Owu At A Function In Complete Hijab Sitting Next To Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wives Of Olowu Of Owu In Hijab, Sitting Next To Him At An Event by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jan 31, 2016
honeygirl17:
Masquerades sitting close to him

ode
Re: Wives Of Olowu Of Owu In Hijab, Sitting Next To Him At An Event by Basic123: 5:11pm On Jan 31, 2016
nerodenero:
Religion aside, this is simply violation of the women's right but they accepted to be violated. Imagine wearing this in a scorching hot day cry cry cry.

Considering their faith, a simple hijab is better than wearing this and looking like aliens undecided
who are you to determine what is right for him or her.I guess it is a right of human to decide weither to wear cloth or not.So,if she decides to where cloth I think she also has the right to dress whatever she likes.And if it is worn in scorching hot day do they complain to you?. I know you we belong to those people applaud world most beautiful pussy pageant.
Re: Wives Of Olowu Of Owu In Hijab, Sitting Next To Him At An Event by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jan 31, 2016
nerodenero:
Religion aside, this is simply violation of the women's right but they accepted to be violated. Imagine wearing this in a scorching hot day cry cry cry.

Considering their faith, a simple hijab is better than wearing this and looking like aliens undecided

Did they complain to you?

@op, that is niqab not hijab
Re: Wives Of Olowu Of Owu In Hijab, Sitting Next To Him At An Event by mikki123(m): 5:11pm On Jan 31, 2016
[quote author=NEHLIVE post=42486379]Olowu of Owu Ile in Ejigbo local govt area of Osun State, Oba Muhammad Qozeem Rohji Adekunle Okikiola Ilufemiloye was pictured at a function with his wives totally covered in hijab. At 38, Oba Qozeem is the youngest and most religious Yoruba monarch. However, the Olowu of Owu is not the only Nigerian leader whose wives go about covered from head to toes; the Minister of Communication Adebayo Shittu also has his wife covered.

http://www.newseveryhour.com/2016/01/photo-wives-of-olowu-of-owu-seen-at.html

The King must be a bigot
Re: Wives Of Olowu Of Owu In Hijab, Sitting Next To Him At An Event by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jan 31, 2016
quickly:

this is the height of stupidity even king of saudi arabia no cover him wife like that.

African king that wants to behave like arab extremist

he shd be deposed he is not a good upholder of african cultur

Have you seen the King's wives before? Why can't you STFU?

Start with your over bleached Alaafin

1 Like

Re: Wives Of Olowu Of Owu In Hijab, Sitting Next To Him At An Event by bawajghai(m): 5:13pm On Jan 31, 2016
Religious indeed
Re: Wives Of Olowu Of Owu In Hijab, Sitting Next To Him At An Event by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jan 31, 2016
Ask4bigneyo:
ok..
BTW..

WAEC Result is OUT!!!
My Neighbor's son came to me few minutes ago. He got 4 E's and 3F's in WAEC. He said his mum told him to ask Me which school he should go.
I simply told him 'Sunday School'
I lie?
Stale, not funny
Re: Wives Of Olowu Of Owu In Hijab, Sitting Next To Him At An Event by ayoaces: 5:18pm On Jan 31, 2016
Very unattractive

1 Like

Re: Wives Of Olowu Of Owu In Hijab, Sitting Next To Him At An Event by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jan 31, 2016
Atlantian:
A very silly person is now Oba. What a people.

What can you do about it tongue

Wail? Go on hunger strike? cool

1 Like

Re: Wives Of Olowu Of Owu In Hijab, Sitting Next To Him At An Event by goshen26: 5:24pm On Jan 31, 2016
All i can c is

[/b]SLAVERY[b]

2 Likes

Re: Wives Of Olowu Of Owu In Hijab, Sitting Next To Him At An Event by Vastjoy(m): 5:27pm On Jan 31, 2016
I'm happy for the king. May Almighty Allah increase his Imaan- Ameen

1 Like

Re: Wives Of Olowu Of Owu In Hijab, Sitting Next To Him At An Event by dikeigbo2(m): 5:29pm On Jan 31, 2016
Masquerade things.
The oba sitting with two unknown guests at an occasion,

Can they have friends? Just asking
Re: Wives Of Olowu Of Owu In Hijab, Sitting Next To Him At An Event by goshen26: 5:29pm On Jan 31, 2016
All i can c is

[b][/b]SLAVERY
Re: Wives Of Olowu Of Owu In Hijab, Sitting Next To Him At An Event by hertheytheydgee(m): 5:30pm On Jan 31, 2016
nerodenero:
Adedeji, I bet you can only say this online. You wont dare say this to my face.

Maybe, what are you feeling like? A super man?... oya let's fight.

anyway, am sorry. I don't mean to. Mabinu bro
Re: Wives Of Olowu Of Owu In Hijab, Sitting Next To Him At An Event by mbhs139(m): 5:31pm On Jan 31, 2016
MosakuAW:

There are many things that this so called Oba needs to learn. You cant be an Oba and still claimed to be so religious.

All Oba in Nigeria practise one fetish thing or the other and you cant be an Oba and still claim to be religious. You cant serve God and serve satan at the same time.

Some men claimed to be religious and by that, asked their wives to cover their faces while they keep their own face open to the public. Why cant he the Oba also wear the Hijab.

Toba ma je osa'ka je osa'ka, toba ma je oso'ko je oso'ko, which be Osa'ka Oso'ko.

Just like someone said, stop being ignorant.

Your ignorance of the latest and recent developments among Yoruba Obas is that some of them fought so hard to abolish those things you rightly referred to as being fetish.

Perhaps I should call your mind back to the burial of the immediate past Ayangburen of Ikorodu, who was buried in the Islamic way. Though, it didn't just go without some skirmishes.

This particular Oba, who knows, may be the game changer. After all, we all, including members of his community, I suppose, have been clamouring for the abolition of some of these things. So, if there Oba decided to cancel Osun Osogbo, for instance, I would be the first to support him. And I think many people in Osogbo would do too.
Re: Wives Of Olowu Of Owu In Hijab, Sitting Next To Him At An Event by kinglekan: 5:32pm On Jan 31, 2016
MosakuAW:

There are many things that this so called Oba needs to learn. You cant be an Oba and still claimed to be so religious.

What on God's green earth are you trying to say?

This is utter bullcrap. So if they can't claim to be religious then they should claim to be fetish and diabolical right? Is that your point? Humour me. smiley

All Oba in Nigeria practise one fetish thing or the other and you cant be an Oba and still claim to be religious. You cant serve God and serve satan at the same time.

On what basis do you make such statement? Do you have facts to prove this? Its quite easy to make rational statements based on mere conjecture.

Now your argument basically is that you can't serve God and serve Satan at the same time. Apparently you have no idea what the word 'religious' means.

Being religious isn't a term that is solely attributed to Christians and Muslims. FYI Satanism is also a religion.

Some men claimed to be religious and by that, asked their wives to cover their faces while they keep their own face open to the public. Why cant he the Oba also wear the Hijab.

This got me ROTFL.. you are absolutely CLUELESS. grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Wives Of Olowu Of Owu In Hijab, Sitting Next To Him At An Event by Mattew690(m): 5:36pm On Jan 31, 2016
HAPPY NEW MONTH IN ASCANCE

FEB 14 ON MY MIND

ANY SURE GURL 4 HERE ?
Re: Wives Of Olowu Of Owu In Hijab, Sitting Next To Him At An Event by Saladin25(m): 5:36pm On Jan 31, 2016
honeygirl17:
Masquerades sitting close to him
you are a crazy idiot for making such statement. What is your business if they cover their faces. You are among the people that cause problem for Nigeria. Intolerance. If you read your bible well you will see where women do where veil.

2 Likes

Re: Wives Of Olowu Of Owu In Hijab, Sitting Next To Him At An Event by DropShot: 5:37pm On Jan 31, 2016
nerodenero:

Better to keep silent when you have no knowledge or facts about hijab.
How did you come to the conclusion the women here were forced or violated to wear hijab.
Re: Wives Of Olowu Of Owu In Hijab, Sitting Next To Him At An Event by Mattew690(m): 5:37pm On Jan 31, 2016
If una don GET better post I go comment jooooor
HAPPY NEW MONTH IN ADVANCE

FEB 14 ON MY MIND

ANY SURE GURL 4 HERE ?
Re: Wives Of Olowu Of Owu In Hijab, Sitting Next To Him At An Event by marlockj: 5:37pm On Jan 31, 2016
So women still remain as slaves even in this century....

How canning cover your face and the man is open.......Lol...

Be like say I go marry muslim ohh use am as slave ohhh....Cuz this is total slavery.....

Man is a human, woman human too so Why push woman.....

This is Why women with for ever remain under a man...a man with 2 women... this is Wat a woman cn not openly do.....

Chai Wat a man's world

Re: Wives Of Olowu Of Owu In Hijab, Sitting Next To Him At An Event by quickly: 5:41pm On Jan 31, 2016
daretodiffer:

ur this fellow , ur an idiot as far as i am concerned because u have a brain but refuse to use it or shd i say u dont have common sense.

Thiis africa and not arab land. i am yet to see any culture in nigeria where people cover up unless they are masquerades.

this are arab women with arab blood but u slave hold there religion more than them.

The arab men are covering there women so that other men do not covet them or go after them.

They hold women as slaves or property like sheep and goat.

Look at arab monarchy or royalty and see if they resemble masquerades

2 Likes

Re: Wives Of Olowu Of Owu In Hijab, Sitting Next To Him At An Event by Abumadea: 5:42pm On Jan 31, 2016
waterhouse071:
that is not hijab but burqa

It is not called Burqa in Islam but Niqab. Burqa is an Afghan language, I guess pashto or Urdu, am not sure but definitely not arabic.
Re: Wives Of Olowu Of Owu In Hijab, Sitting Next To Him At An Event by Ask4bigneyo(m): 5:45pm On Jan 31, 2016
Angelberry:
Stale, not funny
Bad belle
Re: Wives Of Olowu Of Owu In Hijab, Sitting Next To Him At An Event by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jan 31, 2016
quickly:

ur this fellow , ur an idiot as far as i am concerned because u have a brain but refuse to use it or shd i say u dont have common sense.

Thiis africa and not arab land. i am yet to see any culture in nigeria where people cover up unless they are masquerades.

this are arab women with arab blood but u slave hold there religion more than them.

The arab men are covering there women so that other men do not covet them or go after them.

They hold women as slaves or property like sheep and goat.

You are stupi.d. Arab women do not cover up like that except they are Muslims.

That woman is not a wife of the king neither is hse married to one of his sons.

God! If not for you ehn

2 Likes

Re: Wives Of Olowu Of Owu In Hijab, Sitting Next To Him At An Event by Saladin25(m): 5:47pm On Jan 31, 2016
daretodiffer:

I wonder ooo.... Some people are just foolish.
Re: Wives Of Olowu Of Owu In Hijab, Sitting Next To Him At An Event by fanedrive(m): 5:49pm On Jan 31, 2016
Atlantian:
A very silly person is now Oba. What a people.
did you have to put the second sentence?How about I put iyalaya e to respond to you
Re: Wives Of Olowu Of Owu In Hijab, Sitting Next To Him At An Event by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jan 31, 2016
Ask4bigneyo:
Bad belle
See your mouth
Re: Wives Of Olowu Of Owu In Hijab, Sitting Next To Him At An Event by uvalued(m): 5:51pm On Jan 31, 2016
maryam6:
Gud

Hi just checked you profile I tot you will be dressed like the PBA wife above. Please be covered like them and stop showing your face abeg
Re: Wives Of Olowu Of Owu In Hijab, Sitting Next To Him At An Event by numericalguy(m): 5:51pm On Jan 31, 2016
May Allah continue to guide the young monarch, ameen.

1 Like

Re: Wives Of Olowu Of Owu In Hijab, Sitting Next To Him At An Event by Wizabakar(m): 5:53pm On Jan 31, 2016
U know what ur problems is u people? Solely hatred n envy of these muslim. Well na ur own wahala o, dis people don even care wetin u dey yan. Mumus
Re: Wives Of Olowu Of Owu In Hijab, Sitting Next To Him At An Event by wawaboy1(m): 5:55pm On Jan 31, 2016
imagine our first lady appearing like that

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Some Nigerian Proverbs – In PIDGIN / Is Juju Real? / Twitter Blocks Audrey Skhosana Who Exposes Her Breasts Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.