Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,182 members, 7,818,574 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:06 PM

Understanding Who "Dogs And Baboons" Were According To 2012 PMB Statements - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Understanding Who "Dogs And Baboons" Were According To 2012 PMB Statements (1824 Views)

A Colony Of Monkeys And A Congress Of Baboons; By Femi Fani Kayode / Fayose At Orange FM: Photos And Statements Made / Dogs And Baboons Will Be Soaked In Blood.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Understanding Who "Dogs And Baboons" Were According To 2012 PMB Statements by Yorubasgreat(f): 1:21pm On Jan 31, 2016
This statement has re-echoed over and over and over again with many individuals displaying their displeasure privately, while some openly.

This particular statement obviously has divided the fragile Nation the more than it has united her.

President Buhari, even after he won the election in 2015 has never thought it wise to tender any form of apology to these 'dogs and baboons' whose blood he threatened when he lost election in 2011, after which many people lost their lives mostly in Northern part of the country.

Now, I have been trying to understand who the statement were directed to, because believe me GMB or PMB whatever that suits you has someone or group(s) of people in mind when he made such sensitive and divisible statement in his moment of furry and hopelessnes.

Opinion;

Since regionalization of Nigeria is mainly attributed to the 3 main tribes, Hausa, Yoruba and Igbo, so it won't be completely out of place to base any assumption.

Dogs:

As it has always been alleged that Eastern Nigeria mostly Igbo dominated are chest beater and always bark like dogs, but don't necessarily bite.. .One can easily assume they are the 'dogs'..

Baboons:

This one is a little confusing, but we all have come across some posts on NairaLand and other social platforms accusing the Western dominated Yoruba of laziness, which is an attributes mostly allocated Baboon.
So I leave that guessing open for now.

So my fellow NairaLanders, APC, zombies, PDP, wailing wailers, Igbo, Hausa, Yoruba, Yam eaters, Tiv, Effik, Idoma, Ijaw, etc..

Now I have said it, what do you think, who do you think our beloved President was referring to in that statement?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Understanding Who "Dogs And Baboons" Were According To 2012 PMB Statements by Olamipapa(m): 1:23pm On Jan 31, 2016
Ok.
What I have learnt in life is that, *you should be mindful of your utterances when angry*.
OP, this is your opinion anyway, but at the same time you might be right or wrong.
The menace after the 2011 election are taking place in North, not in the Dog and Baboon region as you think.
Personally I believe they are just utterances said out of frustration, annoyance or anger. The statement doesn't tally with what is happening now in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Understanding Who "Dogs And Baboons" Were According To 2012 PMB Statements by MzPecs(f): 1:25pm On Jan 31, 2016
His supporters are the "dogs and baboons" for all I care! undecided

4 Likes

Re: Understanding Who "Dogs And Baboons" Were According To 2012 PMB Statements by Firefire(m): 1:29pm On Jan 31, 2016
Let me ask Google...(I got something)

Buhari who painted a gory picture of Nigeria as that of a hound and a monkey engaged in a battle for survival said, “God willing, by 2015, something will happen. They either conduct a free and fair election or they go a very disgraceful way.

“If what happened in 2011 (alleged rigging) should again happen in 2015, by the grace of God, the dog and the baboon would all be soaked in blood.’’ He did not elaborate further.

On alleged existence of three groups of Boko Haram, General Buhari added, “I will like to quote Professor Ango Abdullahi that said there are three Boko Harams including the original one led by Muhammed Yusufu who was killed and his supporters tried to take revenge by attacking the law enforcement agencies and politicians. There is another developed Boko Haram of criminals who steal and kill… while the biggest Boko Haram is the Federal Government .”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/05/2015-ll-be-bloody-if-buhari/
Re: Understanding Who "Dogs And Baboons" Were According To 2012 PMB Statements by Yorubasgreat(f): 1:34pm On Jan 31, 2016
NairaLand if you can't solve this issue today then hold your peace forever and don't ever remind PMB of that statement ever again.

Dogs and Baboons, who are they?
Re: Understanding Who "Dogs And Baboons" Were According To 2012 PMB Statements by temblor(m): 1:42pm On Jan 31, 2016
If you're asking whom the baboon is in GMB's statement, just pretend you're praying as a Muslim in the south facing the right direction. grin
Meanwhile, which region draws blood at the slightest opportunity and can attack without barking; always hunting in a pack? wink
Hope it was useful.

2 Likes

Re: Understanding Who "Dogs And Baboons" Were According To 2012 PMB Statements by Olamipapa(m): 1:44pm On Jan 31, 2016
[quote author=Yorubasgreat post=42491043]NairaLand if you can solve this issue today then hold your peace forever and don't ever remind PMB of that statement ever again.

Dogs and Baboons, who are they?

Dogs and Baboons now.
Re: Understanding Who "Dogs And Baboons" Were According To 2012 PMB Statements by Firefire(m): 1:44pm On Jan 31, 2016
Yorubasgreat:
This statement has re-echoed over and over and over again with many individuals displaying their displeasure privately, while some openly.

This particular statement obviously has divided the fragile Nation the more than it has united her.

President Buhari, even after he won the election in 2015 has never thought it wise to tender any form of apology to these 'dogs and baboons' whose blood he threatened when he lost election in 2011, after which many people lost their lives mostly in Northern part of the country.

Now, I have been trying to understand who the statement were directed to, because believe me GMB or PMB whatever that suits you has someone or group(s) of people in mind when he made such sensitive and divisible statement in his moment of furry and hopelessnes.

Opinion;

Since regionalization of Nigeria is mainly attributed to the 3 main tribes, Hausa, Yoruba and Igbo, so it won't be completely out of place to base any assumption.

[s]Dogs:

As it has always been alleged that Eastern Nigeria mostly Igbo dominated are chest beater and always bark like dogs, but don't necessarily bite.. .One can easily assume they are the 'dogs'.. [/s]

[s]Baboons:

This one is a little confusing, but we all have come across some posts on NairaLand and other social platforms accusing the Western dominated Yoruba of laziness, which is an attributes mostly allocated Baboon.
So I leave that guessing open for now. [/s]

So my fellow NairaLanders, APC, zombies, PDP, wailing wailers, Igbo, Hausa, Yoruba, Yam eaters, Tiv, Effik, Idoma, Ijaw, etc..

Now I have said it, what do you think, who do you think our beloved President was referring to in that statement?

Is better not to attribute any tribe to dog or baboon. Let us give dog and baboon a literal meaning.

Cc: Anonimi

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Understanding Who "Dogs And Baboons" Were According To 2012 PMB Statements by Olamipapa(m): 1:45pm On Jan 31, 2016
temblor:
If you're asking whom the baboon is in GMB's statement, just pretend you're praying as a Muslim in the south facing the right direction. grin
;

grin grin angry
Re: Understanding Who "Dogs And Baboons" Were According To 2012 PMB Statements by EternalTruths: 1:46pm On Jan 31, 2016
It is an Hausa proverb

When a dog and baboon fight, it is always bloody

1 Like

Re: Understanding Who "Dogs And Baboons" Were According To 2012 PMB Statements by Firefire(m): 1:53pm On Jan 31, 2016
"Which ever way Buhari statement in Hausa was interpreted from "biri jini kare jinni" which means 'dog bloody monkey bloody', either bloody 'Monkey' or 'Baboon', both are lower animals. Buhari would not be talking about animals, birds, or reptiles that would 'be soaked in blood' in 2015, it is human blood, and this is unacceptable to most Nigerians.

It is demeaning of an elder statesman, who was once the Head of State, to make statements indirectly inciting his supporters that, "Since the leaders now don't listen to anybody but do whatever they wish, there is nothing the North can do." - Prof. Femi Ajayi

http://nigeriaworld.com/columnist/ajayi/052512.html
Re: Understanding Who "Dogs And Baboons" Were According To 2012 PMB Statements by Aufbauh(m): 2:06pm On Jan 31, 2016
@Op, in an attempt to instigate hatred for PMB over his frustrating statement he made you end up insulting the whole Igbo and Yoruba tribe by calling them dogs and baboons respectively.
I don't think you know the enormity of this your insensitive tread.
Re: Understanding Who "Dogs And Baboons" Were According To 2012 PMB Statements by Yorubasgreat(f): 2:06pm On Jan 31, 2016
Firefire:

Is better not to attribute any tribe to dog or baboon. Let us give dog and baboon a literal meaning.

Point raised, a very important point for that matter...more elbow to your grease!!

1 Like

Re: Understanding Who "Dogs And Baboons" Were According To 2012 PMB Statements by Yorubasgreat(f): 2:09pm On Jan 31, 2016
Aufbauh:
@Op, in an attempt to instigate hatred for PMB over his frustrating statement he made you end up insulting the whole Igbo and Yoruba tribe by calling them dogs and baboons respectively.
I don't think you know the enormity of this your insensitive tread.

If you call anyone that then it's your responsibility not mine, but I can't not allow you to use blasphemy on me..

If you are in Zamfara by now you would have been answering to 17 charges of blasphemy in the near by Sharia law.
Re: Understanding Who "Dogs And Baboons" Were According To 2012 PMB Statements by Yorubasgreat(f): 2:14pm On Jan 31, 2016
EternalTruths:
It is an Hausa proverb

When a dog and baboon fight, it is always bloody

Such proverb for us NIGERIAN.. .I think it's good for our health and we may be needing a dose daily.
Re: Understanding Who "Dogs And Baboons" Were According To 2012 PMB Statements by asadike(f): 2:40pm On Jan 31, 2016
Is Buhari a vampire? what does he need d blood of dogs and baboons for?

1 Like

Re: Understanding Who "Dogs And Baboons" Were According To 2012 PMB Statements by anonimi: 2:48pm On Jan 31, 2016
Firefire:

This is my endorsement Sunday grin
I endorse this comment from Oga Firefire.
The dogs & baboon label as used by our current president is a THROWBACK to his military dictatorship days when he said ALL his fellow citizens are SENSELESS & USELESS as a justification for introducing War Against Indiscipline, WAI.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSEs2SunXag&feature=related

This involved the monthly environmental sanitation by us apart from other measures.
General Muhammadu Buhari in his perverse "wisdom" forced his fellow citizens to do work that LGA cleaners are ALREADY paid to do. shocked
Such is the REVERSE wisdom of the dull, daft & dumb Confused One from Daura.
Who shall deliver us from this Amunisin slave master?
Who

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Understanding Who "Dogs And Baboons" Were According To 2012 PMB Statements by EasternActivist: 2:57pm On Jan 31, 2016
Op where you belong Sef?
You just insulted two tribes...
Re: Understanding Who "Dogs And Baboons" Were According To 2012 PMB Statements by Yorubasgreat(f): 3:58pm On Jan 31, 2016
EasternActivist:
Op where you belong Sef?
You just insulted two tribes...

Direct you accusation properly or go back to the topic and read again.

Is the topic talking about me or PMB.

I am standing on the fence on this one to allow you decide..

So who is dog and who are the baboons.. .
Re: Understanding Who "Dogs And Baboons" Were According To 2012 PMB Statements by omolami: 5:26pm On Jan 31, 2016
He is a TERORRIST

(1) (Reply)

Come Out And Vote To Shame GEJ, His Wife And Wike-amaechi Tells Rivers Residents / RIVERS CRISIS: My Story, By Rotimi Amaechi. This Man Can LIE!! / Mods Please Take Down This Thread: List Of Nigeria States That Have Flyovers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.