Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,749 members, 7,824,155 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:00 AM

Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th - Jobs/Vacancies (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th (121819 Views)

IITA Is Recruiting, Closes On 30th November And 8th December. / Npower Online Test Closes On October 25: Makeup Test Ongoing / Registration For Aso Villa Demo Day Closes 12 Midnight Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th by Nelzone(m): 6:59am On May 09, 2016
I got the invite 1 week before. And oga, where were u wen i was here almost begging people who got the invite to say sometin, likeI tolda guy i met there, i was almost beginning to tink I was the only one invited, until a day before that 2 people indicated they were invited, 1 fellow obajanite and 1 lag who even nw gave me more info, cos he was doin mining to in lagos,... all d tins i wrote nw after the text, are from my experience during the test. not before.. bros check page 9 of this thread if need more info on where i was before the test
kecy19:
You're blabbing, you for drop the invite for here when you did receive yours. You come here days after you've written and and give us a passage to read. We don't need it.
Re: Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th by Nelzone(m): 7:13am On May 09, 2016
Bros eee, I know for certain tthat it was not only mech engine that wrote in lag, Mining did. and 1 tin everybody seem to be forgettin is that the official advert that even came out for GETS 2016, which is even the first time dangote advertized GETS, was for 2 discipline 1. Mech Engin/ Automobil, then 2. Mining. But the academy offers elect and others, even civil, buh civil was not mentioned thruout the test at obajana. wat i am simple saying is that people should not be given false hopes. its ok, if u want to be studying small small just incase, but not cos u heard that u wld be invited soon, thats most likely not true to be blunt. people on nairaland spread rumours based on assumption. Elect wrote at obajana, chemical did too. I dont now who didnt write at lag sha, buh I knw mining did, 30 people from wat i heard, cos the list was clear, lag and obajana was usingg same list, was just a case of the venue u are closest to. I said there was even a column for ur list serial number on the OMR sheet. Bottom line is; I am 88% sure dangote is done with test. maybe for another batch goin into the academy, they may do test, but this 1 was for a batch. ok lemme give u another hint, obajana was supposed to write 5th and lag 6th, they moved it to 6th, cos both side wld write same. Bro last last, just be readin small small, but dont let it be with the hope of they wld soon invite again. thats my point. people saying that is based on assumptions, not fact.
karleone:

Oga mi, how will Dangote inform the general public of its recruitment for 2016 GETS for different engineering disciplines, only to shortlist Mechnical in Lagos? It's not done nah. Or, are you trying to tell me that it was only Mech Engine that the valued, reason why they were the only ones invited?
Bros, I believe, even though it's faint, they'll still send out invites.
Re: Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th by Nelzone(m): 7:29am On May 09, 2016

1 Like

Re: Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th by Nobody: 8:08am On May 09, 2016
Nigeria's smartest HR Personnels are not just on NL but are closely monitoring and following every post about their firm on here.

Let's keep that in perspective smiley

1 Like

Re: Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th by Nobody: 8:19am On May 09, 2016
It is Wrong posting confidential questions here, you will only make the questions to be hard for other batches coming up.

Expect success or otherwise mail this week, for first batch.

Note : their eyes are here, the first batch questions was changed from IEC cause of too much shouting.
Re: Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th by Kakamorufu(m): 8:55am On May 09, 2016
Didn't get an invite , tho i studied mechanical engineering. 27+ yrs graduated wif 2.2. Could that be the reason?
Re: Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th by Suite305: 11:02am On May 09, 2016
Nelzone:
Why the misleading info about electrical writing later. dangote test is finished. I wrote at Obajana, it was Mech, mining, elect and chem that wrote, other disciplines join closely related, for instance geology did mining. if you guys are saying chem, elect, mech, or wat so ever didnt write in lag, who nw wrote, only mining, there was a list from what i gathered. gate crashers at obajana were tld to write 'not on the list' on top their paper cos most claimed they where invited, so they said they were gonna check later, or write ur serial number if urs is on the list. I really dont think there would be another batch or a seperate elect test. make una nor carry people go dey read in prospect of dangote invite. the invite comes days before, so if need be, u can do some readin den, thats if the elect tin is true. buh i sha know that at obajana, mech people were many, they sat at both extremes of the seat, then a chemical, or mining, or elect seats in the middle. the dude opposite me was elect. and I also sha know that we did same questions in lag and obajana. so elect peeps had their for the area of specialization section... wat next nw is we should be waiting, praying and hoping. Its now left for God to add His list to who ever they wanna select. one tin was and is certain, the test general part was konk, even a first class grad of mech engine would likely still complain, cos the moment u tinking u are killing turbines from ur area, steel from chem abi i dont know comes in, it was just too many random questions. except dem normal O level chem P1V1 kini, and diagrammatic, and some normal maths .. then the area of specialization part was generally easy. my mining was like german or choose ansa, or true or false. buh was still easy esp wen compared to the first general part.
There's nothing misleading about the information. I wrote mine in lagos and prior to handing out the question papers, the lady coordinating the exam took about 30mins to explain the whole GETS programme; the vision, the selection process,....etc. She insisted that we the candidates ask any question about the program rather than reading stuffs on social media. She told us that the next batch for this year would be for chemical and electrical engineers. So I would suggest that guys from those discipline start preparing. The exam was purely academic covered topics from 100L-400L... at least as much as I can remember. And it covered several courses.
The lady also told us that the cut off mark was subject to general performance. And those who eventually scale the test and interview would be taken to Obajana, where they would be trained for 12 months, after which the trainees would be absored to any of the dangote subsidiaries where vacancies exist. She told us this year is the 5th batch since the commencement of GETS. All trainees from the 1st to 2 batches were absorbed 80% and 75% of the 3rd and 4th batch respectively. According to her the trainees would be evaluated quarterly and the overall performance determines if one would eventually get absorbed in any of the dangote subsidiaries. In other words it's not enough scaling the hurdle of test and interview. The academy is also another hurdle. Accommodation and transportation during the 12 months program is free and a stipend of 80k would be provided to each of the trainees. Trainees would also be given 2weeks leave, the timing of which is at the trainee's perogative
Please I believe this explanation I've given is elaborate enough I don't have any source in dangote. This information was provided freely to all candidates who wrote their exam in lagos (at least I can speak for the class I wrote mine in)............I'm saying because some Nairalanders are silly(sorry to say) and they'll ask some very silly follow-up questions
Kind regards

4 Likes

Re: Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th by Nelzone(m): 12:37pm On May 09, 2016
Well said. like I said people shld be reading small small. and contrary to lag, in Obajana Elect and Chem wrote. They had their questions. we even saw some Academy students who said its about 50 people or so tthey will take. So I really dont know about another batch sha. Buh I sha know that those disciplines wrote in Obajana and that Lag and Obajana was working together. if u have a snap shot of the list u guys looked at in lagos, u wld see my name, and I wrote in Obajana, so they had a unified list. and the academy is supposed to start about July/August, interview shld be within next month. Guess by then we will know. AM ONLY AGAINST PEOPLE HAVING FALSE HOPES. u do know companies dont enjoy running tests like dat sha, except KPMG. even with the number dangote invited, u wld know they want sometin simple... So elect guys and chem just be preparing small small like I have always said, but dont put all hopes on it. Those guys in lag cld have said anytin just to put the situation under control. In obajana, sometin similar happend, they cld have driven gate crashers, but that wld be wicked, after that distance. The way they sounded, if u are good with body language, u wld know that they were the fate of the gate crashers werent even certain. Imagine having t write 'not on the list' on top ur sheet, while others are writing their serial number.
Suite305:

There's nothing misleading about the information. I wrote mine in lagos and prior to handing out the question papers, the lady coordinating the exam took about 30mins to explain the whole GETS programme; the vision, the selection process,....etc. She insisted that we the candidates ask any question about the program rather than reading stuffs on social media. She told us that the next batch for this year would be for chemical and electrical engineers. So I would suggest that guys from those discipline start preparing. The exam was purely academic covered topics from 100L-400L... at least as much as I can remember. And it covered several courses.
The lady also told us that the cut off mark was subject to general performance. And those who eventually scale the test and interview would be taken to Obajana, where they would be trained for 12 months, after which the trainees would be absored to any of the dangote subsidiaries where vacancies exist. She told us this year is the 5th batch since the commencement of GETS. All trainees from the 1st to 2 batches were absorbed 80% and 75% of the 3rd and 4th batch respectively. According to her the trainees would be evaluated quarterly and the overall performance determines if one would eventually get absorbed in any of the dangote subsidiaries. In other words it's not enough scaling the hurdle of test and interview. The academy is also another hurdle. Accommodation and transportation during the 12 months program is free and a stipend of 80k would be provided to each of the trainees. Trainees would also be given 2weeks leave, the timing of which is at the trainee's perogative
Please I believe this explanation I've given is elaborate enough I don't have any source in dangote. This information was provided freely to all candidates who wrote their exam in lagos (at least I can speak for the class I wrote mine in)............I'm saying because some Nairalanders are silly(sorry to say) and they'll ask some very silly follow-up questions
Kind regards
Re: Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th by Sunnystooth(m): 7:30pm On May 09, 2016
Please i just want to know, is it advisable for a currently serving Batch B corp member to even sit for the test? Knowing that Batch B corp members will be passing out around September/October. I asked this because of what someone said above that the Academy itself will start around July/August. Please i need answers. Thanks.
Re: Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th by Suite305: 7:54pm On May 09, 2016
This is exactly what I was referring to. Your information is based on body language and academy students. I wrote the exam in lagos. I'm telling you that in my own exam room before we commenced the lady coordinating the process in lagos gave ample opportunities for questions to be asked. She cleared every speculation. One of the questions directed to her was the duration before interview & selection, to which she replied that she doesn't know, but the GETS 2015/2016 would be graduating in July. Electrical and chemical dint write in lagos. It was strictly mechanical, mining and automobile. She told us electrical and chemical would come up next. Lagos centre was very calm, so there wasn't any situation that needed control. There was a guy who showed up with electrical credentials, he was told to step aside, I don't know how it eventually ended for him. Even the master list for lagos that was pasted at the centre dint have electrical or chemical on it. The disciplines on the list were mechanical, geology....can't remember the last
I suggest you speak for Obajana(where your info is based on body language and academy students who are very much in the dark) alone and leave what happened in lagos
[i][/i]
Nelzone:
Well said. like I said people shld be reading small small. and contrary to lag, in Obajana Elect and Chem wrote. They had their questions. we even saw some Academy students who said its about 50 people or so tthey will take. So I really dont know about another batch sha. Buh I sha know that those disciplines wrote in Obajana and that Lag and Obajana was working together. if u have a snap shot of the list u guys looked at in lagos, u wld see my name, and I wrote in Obajana, so they had a unified list. and the academy is supposed to start about July/August, interview shld be within next month. Guess by then we will know. AM ONLY AGAINST PEOPLE HAVING FALSE HOPES. u do know companies dont enjoy running tests like dat sha, except KPMG. even with the number dangote invited, u wld know they want sometin simple... So elect guys and chem just be preparing small small like I have always said, but dont put all hopes on it. Those guys in lag cld have said anytin just to put the situation under control. In obajana, sometin similar happend, they cld have driven gate crashers, but that wld be wicked, after that distance. The way they sounded, if u are good with body language, u wld know that they were the fate of the gate crashers werent even certain. Imagine having t write 'not on the list' on top ur sheet, while others are writing their serial number.

2 Likes

Re: Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th by apheyz(m): 9:44pm On May 09, 2016
Suite305:
This is exactly what I was referring to. Your information is based on body language and academy students. I wrote the exam in lagos. I'm telling you that in my own exam room before we commenced the lady coordinating the process in lagos gave ample opportunities for questions to be asked. She cleared every speculation. One of the questions directed to her was the duration before interview & selection, to which she replied that she doesn't know, but the GETS 2015/2016 would be graduating in July. Electrical and chemical dint write in lagos. It was strictly mechanical, mining and automobile. She told us electrical and chemical would come up next. Lagos centre was very calm, so there wasn't any situation that needed control. There was a guy who showed up with electrical credentials, he was told to step aside, I don't know how it eventually ended for him. Even the master list for lagos that was pasted at the centre dint have electrical or chemical on it. The disciplines on the list were mechanical, geology....can't remember the last
I suggest you speak for Obajana(where your info is based on body language and academy students who are very much in the dark) alone and leave what happened in lagos
[i][/i]

Abeg, people succesfully gate crash for lag?? As in without "not on the list" thingy
Re: Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th by Catalyst4eva(m): 9:54pm On May 09, 2016
Chemical/Electrical Engineers expect ur invites soon. I think it's batch by batch
Re: Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th by Nelzone(m): 1:12am On May 10, 2016
Nicely said, We were also briefed by a man I wld say is the cordinator of the Academy who didnt really make reference to Batch, he actually said the next thing after that test was gonna be interview for successful ones, buh like u said that may be obajana, maybe they broke lag into 2 cos of crowd. or another thing am even thinking is that they havent invited elect and chem at all meaning those that were there ( at Obajana) gate crashed, which I actually suspected from the beginning, cos I know for a fact that Lag and Obajana worked together with the same list and even the same questions, I only just didnt know how come they now had provision for them as par having their questions already set. Well since u say the statement is fact, lets give it the doubt benefit, Elect and Chem people, esp for lag peeps, be jackin ooo. For the sake of my fellow Nigerian Grads, I hope they do really do as the lady said and not use the few peeps that wrote for chem and elect at Obajana as an easy way out. I was only against false hopes, esp if its one that will make people start to jack like they were back in school. Then for those expecting, see if u can get in touch with Elect and Chem people that wrote in obajana, please no follow up questions o, I dont know any o... Goodluck
Suite305:
[i][/i]
Re: Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th by Nobody: 7:58am On May 10, 2016
Suite305:
[i][/i]
Abeg did people gatecrash successfully in Lagos?
Re: Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th by Nobody: 1:32pm On May 10, 2016
lipsrsealed
Re: Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th by apheyz(m): 8:20am On May 11, 2016
wapadunk:
Gate crash lipsrsealed when there is a list of those invited for x-xamination, before commencement of the test.

Thats d definition of gate crash sir, just in case u dnt know!
Re: Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th by Nobody: 10:31am On May 11, 2016
wapadunk:
Gate crash lipsrsealed when there is a list of those invited for x-xamination, before commencement of the test.
Oga Ade we know what gate crashing means just tell us if they were allowed to write the test.
Re: Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th by apheyz(m): 10:37am On May 11, 2016
avicenna1:

Oga Ade we know what gate crashing means just tell us if they were allowed to write the test.

Abeg help me ask am o
Re: Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th by Olaoke16(m): 6:52pm On May 11, 2016
apheyz:

Abeg help me ask am o

Yes, d gatecrashers were allowed to write d test in Lag.
Re: Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th by Nelzone(m): 10:13pm On May 21, 2016
Still no news yet?

1 Like

Re: Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th by noceedy4real: 12:15am On Jun 03, 2016
I submitted my application and I have received no invite of any sort Atall...chemical engineering 2:1...are they done with the 2016 GETS?..
Re: Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th by deolutolu(m): 12:51pm On Jun 03, 2016
Has anyone been contacted? If you have any info pls share
Re: Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th by josephjuwon75(m): 5:38pm On Jun 03, 2016
they said the results was poor, so they are still debating on what to do
Re: Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th by Carmal90(m): 6:19pm On Jun 03, 2016
josephjuwon75:

ohkk,pls aw genuine is this information?
Re: Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jun 03, 2016
josephjuwon75:

They should have given us plain GMAT. Na dem cos d whahala grin
Re: Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th by josephjuwon75(m): 7:03pm On Jun 03, 2016
I got the info from a reliable source, me too am expecting the result.
Re: Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th by Aremu01(m): 7:07pm On Jun 03, 2016
josephjuwon75:

I foresaw this...
How on earth did they expect us to remember our undergraduate level courses....
How on earth were we supposed to rmbr 300level formulas?
Biko..... Anyway whatever it may be, let it just favor us....
Re: Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th by raystar96(m): 2:49pm On Jun 04, 2016
The result would be out by Gods grace next week....we should all be praying about it
Re: Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th by josephjuwon75(m): 2:59pm On Jun 04, 2016
uhm, bro today is Saturday ooo, I am hoping next week. this week has gone already
Re: Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th by Ukeachu1(m): 3:00pm On Jun 04, 2016
raystar96:
The result would be out hopefully this week....we should all be praying about it

how did u come to such a conclusion. or its just wishful thinking.
Re: Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jun 04, 2016
They caused it, most of the first 60 questions were not mechanical specific. Heard they will be using 45% cut off. Like 15questions were chemical related, last time I did those chemistry questions was 7years ago. Anyway am hopeful and prayerful

1 Like

Re: Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th by josephjuwon75(m): 9:37pm On Jun 04, 2016
.u heard they will b using 45 as cut off? alright so wen are they releasing it bro ?
seriously, those questions were too specific, tough, I was sweating on a hot seat that day. I pray for the best .

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (33) (Reply)

2016 Nigerian Police Recruitment Form - All Required Documents - A Must Read! / Airtel Graduate Trainee Program (2015/16) / 2015 Nigeria Immigration Service Recruitment Is Now On!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.