Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,462 members, 7,819,686 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:51 PM

Senate Uncovers N10bn Hidden In Education Budget - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Uncovers N10bn Hidden In Education Budget (24301 Views)

Budget Padding: Senate Uncovers N2bn Inserted Into Fashola's Proposal / Senate Uncovers Govs, Minister’s Imported Luxury Cars In Lagos / Senate Uncovers N701bn Illegal Withdrawals From Natural Resources Fund (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Uncovers N10bn Hidden In Education Budget by Spybradd: 10:30am On Feb 02, 2016
richardjemedafe1:
Pray for our country Nigeria
and our leaders, particularly
the President and the Vice
President; ask that God will
give them the wisdom to
steer the affairs of this
country and lead us in the
right direction.

THIS IS NOT TIME WE START PUSHIN BLAMES...

IF E BAD NA WE ALL GO SUFFAR AM IF E GOOD NA WE ALL GO INJOY AM....LETS STOP WAILING AND PRAY FOR TRUE CHANGE INRESPECTIVE OF OUR POLITICAL PARTY,TRIBE, STATE OR RELIGION...

CHANGE IS ACHIEVABLE BUT IT MUST START FROM YOU, I AND MY SELF. PMB CANT CHANGE NIGERIA ALONE..
its now u know howta pray,but during gej,u were a jona this,jona that firing crusader.
Re: Senate Uncovers N10bn Hidden In Education Budget by Laid2001: 10:32am On Feb 02, 2016
This is good for our democracy.

It does not realy meant anything yet until the MDA and the perm secretary can come back with the explanations.
Re: Senate Uncovers N10bn Hidden In Education Budget by lomprico(m): 11:01am On Feb 02, 2016
Aufbauh:
It seems as if PDP bigwigs have nominated their misguided oppressed supporters to wail on their behalf upon the demise of the likes of Metuh, Dokpesi and Co.

Does it occurs to the wailers that the Senate discovery of the said 10b is a product of the CHANGE we've preached?
This kind of willful error happened sporadically unchecked with the connivance of both the MDAs and the Senate during the previous administration without notice.
The senators know fully well that any attempt to play along with the MDAs will backfire in the long run and Bubu will use them to shine.

You are right and very wrong at d same time. Yes the fraud was uncovered by d senate and it is not only the change agents that comprises the whole senate, there are also the transformation agents. But the real fraud was perpetrated by the change agents in the presidency, meaning that their change chanting is all scam.
In summary APC = SCAM!

2 Likes

Re: Senate Uncovers N10bn Hidden In Education Budget by Nobody: 11:04am On Feb 02, 2016
lomprico:

You are right and very wrong at d same time. Yes the fraud was uncovered by d senate and it is not only the change agents that comprises the whole senate, there are also the transformation agents. But the real fraud was perpetrated by the change agents in the presidency, meaning that their change chanting is all scam.
In summary APC = SCAM!
Ooshey
Re: Senate Uncovers N10bn Hidden In Education Budget by lomprico(m): 11:12am On Feb 02, 2016
omoakin111:
OPPORTUNITY MAKES THE THIEF AND THE THIEF WHO HITHERTO HAS NO OPPORTUNITY TO STEAL CONSIDERS HIMSELF AN HONEST MAN.
Lovely quote
Re: Senate Uncovers N10bn Hidden In Education Budget by OlaSpeaker(m): 12:33pm On Feb 02, 2016
ShowYourCertificate:
Did Buhari not go through the budget before signing? Didn't his cabinet members go through the budget before ratifying it? Didn't the Budget Office scrutinise the budget before presenting it to Buhari? How come they didn't notice this? Or are they complicit?

This APC government is a total joke and a complete scam.
Stop being naive no matter how buhari scrutinized the budget there will still loopholes. instead of criticizing the innocent man you should appreciate his effort to see that government is run transparently at least the legislature are now sitting up to there responsibility of checkmating the executive so many budget have passed that chamber with so many loopholes without anyone nothing it.....

1 Like

Re: Senate Uncovers N10bn Hidden In Education Budget by lohresloco: 1:22pm On Feb 02, 2016
notice how eery education based institution had their projected budget cut by almost 15-20%, this tells u what the government thinks of education and who is really behind boko haram(who are also against education)
Re: Senate Uncovers N10bn Hidden In Education Budget by BushidoBlue(m): 2:46pm On Feb 02, 2016
OlaSpeaker:

Stop being naive no matter how buhari scrutinized the budget there will still loopholes. instead of criticizing the innocent man you should appreciate his effort to see that government is run transparently at least the legislature are now sitting up to there responsibility of checkmating the executive so many budget have passed that chamber with so many loopholes without anyone nothing it.....

Are you saying Buhari and his 36 ministers are incompetent??

Sometimes you need to listen to yourself before you type or talk.
Re: Senate Uncovers N10bn Hidden In Education Budget by OlaSpeaker(m): 3:18pm On Feb 02, 2016
BushidoBlue:

Are you saying Buhari and his 36 ministers are incompetent??

Sometimes you need to listen to yourself before you type or talk.
You can only understand this if youbhave head a an organization before. as big as Nigeria is did you think PMB and his minister alone can do all the paper work? stop deceiving yourself the function of the legislature is to also check mate the executive
Re: Senate Uncovers N10bn Hidden In Education Budget by debson(m): 4:06pm On Feb 02, 2016
ShowYourCertificate:
Did Buhari not go through the budget before signing? Didn't his cabinet members go through the budget before ratifying it? Didn't the Budget Office scrutinise the budget before presenting it to Buhari? How come they didn't notice this? Or are they complicit?

This APC government is a total joke and a complete scam.

That's why the National Assembly is doing the scrutiny.
Re: Senate Uncovers N10bn Hidden In Education Budget by BushidoBlue(m): 4:24pm On Feb 02, 2016
OlaSpeaker:

You can only understand this if youbhave head a an organization before. as big as Nigeria is did you think PMB and his minister alone can do all the paper work? stop deceiving yourself the function of the legislature is to also check mate the executive

Oga yes I have run several organisations so your premise is challenged because I dare not present a budget for the year to Finance department without properly digesting the figures
The issue seems to be arithmetic not policy, vis a vis the check mating of policies by the legislative.

Wait I forgot ministers were sworn in after 6 months, budget released 2 months later and now excuses and the defence of mediocrity coming from people like you.

When you begin to understand that you need to hold them responsible for their actions the better for you.
Re: Senate Uncovers N10bn Hidden In Education Budget by obasiken: 4:45pm On Feb 02, 2016
Jesusloveyou:
what happen to d overbloated unity school personnelcost that wike use to pocket, what about d overall overbloated personnel cost of university,poly and college of edu in d past. Thank God for change

Apc said they are saints. Then they were caught trying to steal yam. They now said they are trying to protect the yam. This budget was presented by pmb and his ministers. The budget represents their plans for the year. What has wike got to go with it. Wike was a junior minister. He was made the main minister for just a year after rukayat was sacked.

Are you now saying he recruited new directors in one year? these people were all ready there. What kind of ignorance is this?
Re: Senate Uncovers N10bn Hidden In Education Budget by OlaSpeaker(m): 5:41pm On Feb 02, 2016
BushidoBlue:

Oga yes I have run several organisations so your premise is challenged because I dare not present a budget for the year to Finance department without properly digesting the figures
The issue seems to be arithmetic not policy, vis a vis the check mating of policies by the legislative.

Wait I forgot ministers were sworn in after 6 months, budget released 2 months later and now excuses and the defence of mediocrity coming from people like you.

When you begin to understand that you need to hold them responsible for their actions the better for you.
I'm not defending anybody neither will i take mediocrity as an excuse but what am saying is this if you in your opinion thinks at this moment Nigeria can have a flawless budget you are only having a pipe dream reason being The level at which corruption as eaten into our system is mega irrespective of how intense PMB corruption crusade may be some body some where in the ministries will still make this budget PMB is to give the vission the ministers are to guide while the civil servant in the ministries actualize it but above all it a good thing that our legislatures are now standing up to their responsibility before now this kind of discrepancy wouldn't have been spotted
Re: Senate Uncovers N10bn Hidden In Education Budget by Jesusloveyou: 6:35pm On Feb 02, 2016
obasiken:

Apc said they are saints. Then they were caught trying to steal yam. They now said they are trying to protect the yam. This budget was presented by pmb and his ministers. The budget represents their plans for the year. What has wike got to go with it. Wike was a junior minister. He was made the main minister for just a year after rukayat was sacked.

Are you now saying he recruited new directors in one year? these people were all ready there. What kind of ignorance is this?
u should ask urself "whatkind of ignorance is this" if u can't blame wike and gej for d rot of d past, why blaming PMB for d change from d past way of corruption.

1 Like

Re: Senate Uncovers N10bn Hidden In Education Budget by professore(m): 8:31pm On Feb 02, 2016
I like how that senator keep asking why parastatals that ought to support universities,polytechnics e.t.c are having increased budgetary allocation while the schools have decreased allocation
Re: Senate Uncovers N10bn Hidden In Education Budget by seangy4konji: 7:45pm On Feb 05, 2016
As much as I vote for change?

I don't think nothin good will ever come out of Nigeria.

For say I get Yankee passport I for don go tete.

The struggle o survive in Nigeria is like fighting. Constant war with devil himself and you here nillions every day for new.

His help Nigeria. Oooo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

President Buhari Leaves Nigeria For Kenya / Shuaibu Ado Dansudu: North Will Rule Nigeria Till 2031, South Wake Up From Dream / I Gave Obasanjo $140,000 From Abdullahi Babalele, Atiku’s Son-in-law - Witness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.