Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,870 members, 7,817,567 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:32 PM

Oath-taking Lawmaker Apologies - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oath-taking Lawmaker Apologies (7815 Views)

Buhari Apologies To Nigerians Over Fuel Scarcity, Pump Price To Remain At N87 / APC To Sue Fani-kayode Over Tinubu/Osinbajo Oath-Taking Claim / Sammie Okposo Apologies To Buhari For Saying He Should Be Flogged For Forgery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oath-taking Lawmaker Apologies by moneygurl: 5:32pm On Jun 30, 2009
The Ogun State lawmaker, Wale Alausa, who was photographed taking an oath while nude , on Tuesday apologized for his action.

Mr. Alausa addressed a press conference at the International Press Centre, Ogba in Lagos, where he admitted taking the oath, but said he had been forced to do so.

The lawmaker said a traditional ruler, the Awujale of Ijebuland, Oba Sikiru Adetona, and his father, Agboola Alausa, compelled him to take the oath as demanded by the state governor, Gbenga Daniel.

Mr. Alausa said the governor had forced political office holders and elected officers in the state to take an oath.

He also said that the photograph was made public by Mr. Daniel to pressure him into supporting the governor.

He said, "I say forgive me. I am sorry. But you also need to understand where I am coming from and why I did what was reported by Gbenga Daniel's newspaper in a manipulative way. I was used, dumped, and abused by the same man that is now trying to pin a label of a fetish oath-taker on me".

Mr. Alausa stated that there is no local council chairperson in the state that did not take an oath before their being elected. A condition which, he said, was given by the governor.

I wonder how many political office holders picture we will see, lol He threw the rest of them under the bus.
Re: Oath-taking Lawmaker Apologies by vigasimple(m): 5:51pm On Jun 30, 2009
A thought just came to my mind while reading this.

It appears that blood oath taking is more powerful and put this politician in check. Why don't we just introduce BLOOD OATH TAKING and SANGO(IRON) SWEARING into our constitution.

The blood oath should start by saying that I,  so so so and so swear a bload oath or swear by sango that IF I WERE TO STEAL OR EMBEZEL PUBLIC MONIES to die of coughing blood to death immediately or if swearing is by iron to die by thunder striking to death.

Beleive me, we will have politicians that will sit tight and stop stealing this country resources.

And knowing Nigerian politicians, they will immediately invent fake blood oath or fake iron from china or remedy after taking the oath. It is always difficult to stop a determined thief from being a thief.
Re: Oath-taking Lawmaker Apologies by deor03(m): 5:59pm On Jun 30, 2009
vigasimple:

A thought just came to my mind while reading this.

It appears that blood oath taking is more powerful and put this politician in check. Why don't we just introduce BLOOD OATH TAKING and SANGO(IRON) SWEARING into our constitution.

The blood oath should start by saying that I,  so so so and so swear a bload oath or swear by sango that IF I WERE TO STEAL OR EMBEZEL PUBLIC MONIES to die of coughing blood to death immediately or if swearing is by iron to die by thunder striking to death.

Beleive me, we will have politicians that will sit tight and stop stealing this country resources.

@vigasimple

If these guys , so much beleive in the potency of this Oaths, then I second your suggestion
Re: Oath-taking Lawmaker Apologies by tpiah: 6:00pm On Jun 30, 2009
people who arent sango worshippers nko? Which oath will they take?

say Ogun amadioha or yemoja worshippers. or any of the other 10 million deities in Nigeria.

The oaths all the politicians you're referring to have been taking- have they affected corruption in any way?

btw, vigasimple- sango isnt the god of iron.

and the oaths arent about serving the people- they're to show your loyalty to your godfather.
Re: Oath-taking Lawmaker Apologies by moneygurl: 6:14pm On Jun 30, 2009
Text of press conference by Wale Alausa

Ausubillahi mina shaetani rajeem, Bismillahi Rahman Raheem. Gentlemen of the Press: When the story about the oath-taking first came out, my first instinct was to hide myself given the shame and ridicule that the Governor of Ogun State, Otunba Gbenga Daniel, is trying to put my family to. But following spiritual advice to that effect, I have no choice but to continue with what my conscience had earlier asked me to do, struggle for justice on behalf of my immediate constituency in Ijebu Ode, and Ogun State citizens in general.

Friends, colleagues and people that I don’t even know have been calling me all kinds of names with abuses for taking a fetish oath. Some even went as far as to say I am a desperate politician who wants to remain in office to enjoy the spoils of politics by all means necessary. To such people, I say, forgive me. I am sorry. But you also need to understand where I am coming from and why I did what was reported by Otunba Gbenga Daniel’s newspaper in a manipulative way. I was used, dumped and abused by the same man that is now trying to pin a label of a fetish oath-taker on me.

As a Yoruba, and an Ijebu for that matter, I am not an Omo Ale (bastard). I challenge you journalists here and those of your colleagues in Ogun State to go back and check my past activities as a member of the Ogun State House of Assembly. I was a very vibrant member of the Group of 15 credible legislators who declared through our removal of Hon. Titilayo Oseni as Speaker last year that we’ve had enough of civilian dictatorship in Ogun State. We stood our ground despite physical and spiritual threats to our lives. We were called names. They even said we took money from the former Lagos State Governor, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, to effect Oseni’s removal. But to God be the glory that the people of Ogun State and Nigerians interested in the affairs of our state have seen through that falsehood.

Now, back to the issue of Omo Ale. It may surprise you to know that my father is the Chairman of the Ogun East Senatorial District of the Peoples Democratic (PDP). He is a well-respected title holder as Otun Balogun of Ijebuland. Following our action against Oseni last year, pressures were mounted on my father to prevail on me to withdraw my support for the Speaker, Rt. Hon. Tunji Egbetokun. My father knows he has a principled son. His response to Otunba Gbenga Daniel each time such pressure came was that his son is an adult with a family of his own, who is able to take decisions without recourse to him.

However, when the pressures on my father became too much, he became the butt of jokes in party circles. It was as if he could not control his son. Suddenly, a non-existent Ogun East Elders Council was formed by Otunba Gbenga Daniel to usurp the functions of the constitutionally recognised Ogun East Senatorial District Executive headed by my father. Daddy was thoroughly disgraced wherever he went in the state by agents of Otunba Gbenga Daniel. Nevertheless, he did not budge. He left me to decide what is best for my constituency without putting any pressure on me. But the involvement of our royal father, the Awujale of Ijebuland, Oba Sikiru Adetona, by Otunba Gbenga Daniel, I believe, made my father bend a rule which he imbibed in us from childhood that, once we believe in something we should face it squarely without fear of anyone except Almighty Allah (SWT).

You may want to check past editions of your newspapers to confirm what I am about to say. Somewhere along the line, the G-15 became G-14. This was celebrated in Otunba Gbenga Daniel’s newspaper as well as others without mentioning my name. But I hereby confess I was the one who left the group to pledge allegiance to the Governor following the untold pressure on my dad, especially the need to respect our royal father. The condition of pledging allegiance to Otunba Gbenga Daniel was humiliating, but before the Almighty Allah who created me, I stuck to my guns that unless he also took the same oath, I will refuse to do so.

You might then wonder how the photograph came about. Long before then, especially before the 2007 elections shortly after the party primaries, Otunba Gbenga Daniel, had ensured that most, if not all those seeking elective offices took the oath of allegiance to him. You can ask your colleagues in Ogun State, if they are honest, they will also tell you that there is no Council Chairman that did not take the oath before their elections. But at that time, they know my background and they know such a thing could not be forced on me because the role I’ll play in the election will even be more than all of them combined together. So, I was left alone. But it was my dad they believed will hold me anytime they want.

I sincerely believe Otunba Gbenga Daniel has no honour, no shame, a ritualist and is a completely dishonest sodomist and treacherous individual.

One thing I thank God for in all of these is that the confidence of my colleagues which I betrayed because I do not want to be labelled an Omo Ale has been restored by God Himself. Because how can one explain Otunba Gbenga Daniel’s release of a photograph he took deceitfully? I know he has been angry because he expected I’ll return to the G-15 and begin passing details of our meeting to him. But I refused. The oath I took was to the effect that I will not be among those who will impeach him from office. It did not include spying on my colleagues. Part of the argument was that as an Ijebu, I should not allow the Egba to disgrace our son, Otunba Gbenga Daniel. I agreed after that pressure from my dad. But it was a reluctant decision, which I made as a dutiful Yoruba son to a father who has been everything to me.

In addition, if he feels my principled support for Resolution 167 of the Ogun State House of Assembly along with a credible performance of my oversight function is a basis for this failed attempt to cow me into submission through blackmail, he has got a wrong person at the end his hook. No intimidation, harassment or blackmail of any kind can make me conspire with him in his despicable attempt to plunge our dear state into perpetual bondage.

May God deliver the Gateway State from the gate of hell.

Thank you. And God bless.

Hon. Wale Alausa

(Member, Ijebu Ode State Constituency, Ogun State House of Assembly)

(Being the text of an address to the press by Hon. Wale Alausa, Member, Ogun State House of Assembly, Ijebu Ode State Constituency, at the International Press Centre, Ogba, Lagos State today, Tuesday, 30 June 2009).

http://www.saharareporters.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3139:otunba-gbenga-daniel-is-treacherous-text-of-press-conference-by-wale-alausa&catid=114:press-releases&Itemid=362
Re: Oath-taking Lawmaker Apologies by Fhemmmy: 6:20pm On Jun 30, 2009
I think there is a need for a full investigation and if this is true, Daniel shd resign.
Re: Oath-taking Lawmaker Apologies by LFJ: 7:21pm On Jun 30, 2009
Wale Alausa should just bury his head in shame, apologise to all member of his family and resign from the public seen; this act is a disgrace to manhood.
Gbenga Daniel is a devil, criminal and should be treated as such, this is a man without the fear of God; in politic, there is no permanent friend or enemy, to have differences is part of politics all over the world. To do this to your fellow man all in the name of politics is cruel, UNGODLY, and this is far from act of maturity. This is evidence that you can do worst to those around you when you are not getting along, I fear people like you and never pray to associate myself with people of your type who will not mind bring a life disgrace and trauma into the family of your fellow human being.
Though, you and your friends are celebrating the fall and national disgrace you have brought to this man and his family, I advise that you seek for God intervention in your life as God has never created somebody so powerful that he can not conquer, base on my believe; what goes around comes around your downfall is around the corner
Re: Oath-taking Lawmaker Apologies by vigasimple(m): 7:24pm On Jun 30, 2009
tpiah:

people who arent sango worshippers nko? Which oath will they take?

say Ogun amadioha or yemoja worshippers. or any of the other 10 million deities in Nigeria.

The oaths all the politicians you're referring to have been taking- have they affected corruption in any way?

btw, vigasimple- sango isnt the god of iron.

and the oaths arent about serving the people- they're to show your loyalty to your godfather.

1. It is true that SANGO is not the god of iron(that is ogun) but you also swear by iron if swearing under the Sango oath. I prefer Thunder to strike those thieves to death

SANGO is th god of thunder, maybe they should take both oath to die of iron and thunder at the same time.

2. The oath the constitution will require them to take is against stealing public money(as in Nigeria)

3. I just used sango as an example, they can take other similar oaths which administer instant judgement. Since those politicians believe in the higher potency of such oath , and that is why they consider taking it in the first place.

The guy Wale Alausa is quoting the quran when starting his press conference as if he believe in those things. God is an extraordinarily patient GOD.
Re: Oath-taking Lawmaker Apologies by bawomolo(m): 7:44pm On Jun 30, 2009
Fhemmmy:

I think there is a need for a full investigation and if this is true, Daniel shd resign.

why exactly should he resign. what's the difference between this and the oaths office holders take with the bible or quoran?
Re: Oath-taking Lawmaker Apologies by Tudor6(f): 7:48pm On Jun 30, 2009
I wonder o. It's the same old oath
Re: Oath-taking Lawmaker Apologies by Tudor6(f): 7:55pm On Jun 30, 2009
Vigasimple, even if you were to put shango,ogun and the entire gods of mt. Olympus and ask nigerian politicians to take an oath not to embezzle, they'll take the oath and still steal, some will even embezzle the money for the oath itself. . . . Stealing is in their DNA i.e its genetic.
Re: Oath-taking Lawmaker Apologies by Tudor6(f): 7:55pm On Jun 30, 2009
Vigasimple, even if you were to put shango,ogun and the entire gods of mt. Olympus and ask nigerian politicians to take an oath not to embezzle, they'll take the oath and still steal, some will even embezzle the money for the oath itself. . . . Stealing is in their DNA i.e its genetic.
Re: Oath-taking Lawmaker Apologies by bawomolo(m): 7:57pm On Jun 30, 2009
Tudór:

of course they would then they would hold a thanksgiving etutu to sango at the end of the year.
Re: Oath-taking Lawmaker Apologies by Tudor6(f): 7:57pm On Jun 30, 2009
;d ;d ;d
Re: Oath-taking Lawmaker Apologies by Tudor6(f): 7:57pm On Jun 30, 2009
Re: Oath-taking Lawmaker Apologies by papaejima: 8:17pm On Jun 30, 2009
our 9ija politics AND DEMOCRAZY at full trottle and speed.that is why we are the scorn of the whole world.jst imagine such dirty and bizzare news out of our fatherland.RUBBISH.
Re: Oath-taking Lawmaker Apologies by sley4life(m): 11:02pm On Jun 30, 2009
anything happens in 9ja. That's why we are backward
Re: Oath-taking Lawmaker Apologies by DoubleN(m): 11:38pm On Jun 30, 2009
NAIJA never ceases to amaze me,anything goes here.
Re: Oath-taking Lawmaker Apologies by rafcrown(m): 11:55pm On Jun 30, 2009
Is Our stinkly rich governor a Christian or A Spiritualist?
When politicians resort to JUJU IN POLITICS
How can they provide God fearing programmes?
We are interested in knowing more about SECRET SERVICES - BLOOD AND NUDITY Like FADEYI OLORO
The only person that cannot disappoint is THE TRUE GOD
DEVILS Always ask for something back

I pledge to be loyal to my governor-In the name of Sango.Ogun,Obatala
I will not take part in his Removal
I SWEAR WITH THE BLOOD OF , what kind of blood
May this Ogun abenu gongo help me.ASE.
Praise the living dieties.
Re: Oath-taking Lawmaker Apologies by MUZBO(m): 12:01am On Jul 01, 2009
Hilarious stuff! I'm sure its been on for a long time. Obj could've administered oaths to those that supported his 3rd term bid because those guys were acting like marionettes. Yar'adua, learn!
Re: Oath-taking Lawmaker Apologies by globatop: 1:05am On Jul 01, 2009
If this is politics, then the designer should go back to drawing board.

If OGD could do all this, then it is lip service to Xtianity, fake testimony at redemption camp, we now know who holds theirb heart shocked
Re: Oath-taking Lawmaker Apologies by vigasimple(m): 1:23am On Jul 01, 2009
most, and vast majority of our politicians don't worship or serve a true GOD as in christianity or moslem.

THEY ARE GLORIFIED RITUALIST GOING TO CHURCH OR MOSQUE FOR A COVER UP.

The main problem this throws up is what I have being saying all the time, LEADERSHIP.

When our suppossed 'leaders' are into rituals, what would they or are able to say, as in a moral authority or even legal challenge to students at the Universities accros this country who are into cult SINCE THEIR FATHER'S THE POLITCIANS IS A RITUALIST WHO GOT HIS TRAINING AS CULTIST FROM THE CAMPUSES.

NIGERIA, GOOD PEOPLE, GREAT NATION, AWFUL LEADERSHIP grin grin grin
Re: Oath-taking Lawmaker Apologies by seemeso: 7:37am On Jul 01, 2009
Its a pity that all these are happening, although a lot of hands are realy dirty, EXECUTE THEM ALL, LIKE RAWLINGS
Re: Oath-taking Lawmaker Apologies by bigben3: 7:49am On Jul 01, 2009
bunch of hypocritical people,in broad day light we are in churches and mosques,however in secrecy we are busy consulting the occultic and fetish gods,taking oaths and going naked before the demonic gods all in the name of power,money and vanity.This is really a sad commentary on us all,what manner of people are we when are we ever going to get it right as a people
Re: Oath-taking Lawmaker Apologies by dnex(m): 8:27am On Jul 01, 2009
Gbenga Daniel has done nothing wrong. In other countries elected officials swear an oath they dare not break. Since we're still breaking that oath in Nigeria, I think It's ingenious that OGD administered the right oath to the Ogun lawmakers and LG chairmen.

Doesn't Ogun mean charm? Ogun state is a state of charms and you want them to keep swearing with Qur'an and Bible.

As for the 'honourable' lawmaker, now that he has explained and apologised, I suggest he should strongle resist the temptation to resign because I know the people of his constituency would not know what to do about him, and even if they did, they wouldn't do anything.

So because his father's prestige was threatened, he took those pictures naked. If he took the oath and the pictures were taken without his knowledge, It's a different thing. He was there looking into the camera as if he was snapping a passport photograph.

Now he's calling Allah abi? Now he says he's a principled man. I can see that.

I have always had it at the back of my mind that whatever a man quickly admits to and accepts is far less serious than what he actually did.

Since this man is saying that Gbenga Daniel also took the oath, then Daniel must have done so naked and therefore this fool should have copies of Daniels nude pictures too. Can we see? Bloody liar!

This idiot and his G15 went to carry out this ritual in the forest and now the photos have slipped into the hands of the man they made their enemy.

A photograph that shows this man deep in the tropical rain forest is what he claims was in Daniel's house. Does Daniel have a jungle in his backyard?

They saw a drowning man will clutch at a straw. This fool went to hold drinking straw. You do well O! HONOURABLE ALAUSA.
Re: Oath-taking Lawmaker Apologies by eShegz(m): 8:47am On Jul 01, 2009
The truth be told, Nigeria's politician always have believed in diabolic association. It is an open secret that one might never be able to attain certain position both politically and economically in the country without being affiliated to some sinister groups. As a matter of fact, the clash of these different groups sometimes are only cloaked in so called principled issues when the real reasons has to do with supremacy war! Such wars are fought on the pages of newspapers and sometimes in the spirit realm. Where that seems to fail, they resort to physical destruction.
One only need to look a bit closely to see all these paraphernalia with these politicians, particularly those from the western part of the country. The manner of dressing with certain beads, the way they greet themselves in public e.t.c
The role of the church in all of these is just to be discussed another day. Most of the so called men's association in some of these churches have gradually  become some "coven".
The same Ogun State had a governor before who made no pretense of his belief. Whenever they tell you they are traditionalist, read in between the lines. It goes way beyond that.
What do we do? Me think we their children should really search our soul early. It is hypocritical for us all to be wallowing in abject wealth without asking questions! We all know when our parents are doing the wrong things to bring us luxury. We should just ask questions, let's start small first, we will prick their conscience a bit you know. That lawmaker is only living in a fool's paradise. His dad's been feeding him the proceed of war, He is now running away from the gore of battle. He surely will fail. If he had not been particularly relishing all that his dad has been bringing home for his enjoyment, maybe he wouldn't be in this mess now.
Fellow Youth, Lets Say We cant Arise Collectively Now, Lets Arise Individually In Our Families, Our Homes, Our Offices, Our Churches, Mosques. Revolution Doesn't Have To be Violent, Start The Revolution By Asking Simple Questions. It Will Help To Change This Country, That I am Sure of.
Re: Oath-taking Lawmaker Apologies by kokoA(m): 8:56am On Jul 01, 2009
Apologies my foot! I don't bloody care who the gbenga guy or alausa is. The two idiots have embarrassed their selves, their family and the entire country with this show of shame.

Well meaning individuals of the state should call on these bastards to resign with immediate effect!
Re: Oath-taking Lawmaker Apologies by MrCrackles(m): 9:04am On Jul 01, 2009
vigasimple:

most, and vast majority of our politicians don't worship or serve a true GOD as in christianity or moslem.
THEY ARE GLORIFIED RITUALIST GOING TO CHURCH OR MOSQUE FOR A COVER UP.

Spot on. . . . . .
The church and mosque thing is all a front
If you ask me, the story of christians this percentage and muslims that percentage is all a bloody lie!
occultists, demon worshippers and ritualists outnumbers christians and muslims in Nigeria
A lawmaker swearing an oath naked and in front of some stupid occultic and fetish arrangement is a disgusting. . . . .
Same thing happened with a governor in one of the eastern states a few years back or so. . . . .
Fuc.k the apologies!!!! angry
Nigeria is super screwed sideways! embarassed sad
Re: Oath-taking Lawmaker Apologies by Tudor6(f): 9:13am On Jul 01, 2009
Infact why are you all hating?!
Technically they've done nothing wrong.
Our fore fathers walked around naked and also practised traditional religion. They just decided to revisit old customs.

Since when has it become national embarassment for one to practice his culture and follow tradition?
Re: Oath-taking Lawmaker Apologies by FerrariGP: 9:30am On Jul 01, 2009
the apologies are really not necessary, did he take the oath at gunpoint??
He took the oath cos of what he stands to benefit from the office, so saying he is sorry does not change anything,
Honest men with integrity dont swear oath to fetish gods at watever gain, so its obvious he is just a crook like OGD,
And this is the main reason why our beloved naija is still in the state it is, cos all our leaders are occultic animals who oaths at various shrines and belong to various cults,
they are basically dark minded people, and such people dont think of doing anything good,
occultic cabals control oil, power etc and a such things can not work, honest men with good ideas dont get any chance becos only cult men get into the positions that matter, they settle their quarrels and disputes at their shrines, so no matter wat efcc or any probes done only those who are out of favour get punished,

GOD help our beloved country,
Re: Oath-taking Lawmaker Apologies by 3Line(m): 10:02am On Jul 01, 2009
Me thought oath taking has ended in Okija, but it reared its ugly head in Ijebu-ode/Sagamu.

This clearly shows the level of maturity of our political leaders. Little wonder the country is not makiny any tangilbe head way.

Please LET ALL NIGERIANS BE REBRANDED!

Cheers.
Re: Oath-taking Lawmaker Apologies by Nezan(m): 10:11am On Jul 01, 2009
3Line:

Me thought oath taking has ended in Okija, but it reared its ugly head in Ijebu-ode/Sagamu.

This clearly shows the level of maturity of our political leaders. Little wonder the country is not makiny any tangilbe head way.

Please LET ALL NIGERIANS BE REBRANDED!

Cheers.

Goes to prove wat a friend told me, dat every power on earth comes from de devil, be it president, governor e.t.c.
Or else, why will the devil promise to make Jesus king on earth if He bowed down to him? scary, aint it? angry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Can South Africa Help Nigeria To Industrialise? / I Was Sidelined In Disbursement Of Campaign Funds- Chris Anyanwu. / Lagos Approves N740m Compensation To Lekki Free Zone Host Communities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.