Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,759 members, 7,809,925 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:20 PM

Dodge Charger 2008 Engine - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Dodge Charger 2008 Engine (2571 Views)

See What Is Left Of The N31m Dodge Challenger SRT American Rapper Offset Crashed / In Need Of A Toyota Camry 2008 Engine. / This U.S AF's Special Ops Supercar,Dodge Challenger Vapor Will Blow Your Mind (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dodge Charger 2008 Engine by fashrola(m): 8:55am On Feb 02, 2016
I'm planning to ship a Dodge Charger 2008 from US with just $1000 but the problem is the engine... the seller said the engine is bad... just wanna know if such engine can be bought in Nigeria.... If yes how much would it cost me

Cc: Gazzuz
Re: Dodge Charger 2008 Engine by iPopAlomo(m): 9:03am On Feb 02, 2016
fashrola:
I'm planning to ship a Dodge Charger 2008 from US with just $1000 but the problem is the engine... the seller said the engine is bad... just wanna know if such engine can be bought in Nigeria.... If yes how much would it cost me

Why don't you fix it there... then ship it down...

but not to sound like a spoilsport... can you afford to clear it in Nigeria...?!

in other words... "nó kò tó ra..."

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dodge Charger 2008 Engine by fashrola(m): 9:12am On Feb 02, 2016
iPopAlomo:

Why don't you fix it there... then ship it down...

but not to sound like a spoilsport... can you afford to clear it in Nigeria...?!

in other words... "nó kò tó ra..."

Bros do I look someone who will buy a car and can't afford to clear it? Does it even make sense to you?

4 Likes

Re: Dodge Charger 2008 Engine by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:25am On Feb 02, 2016
fashrola:

what is the specification of the engine?
Re: Dodge Charger 2008 Engine by iPopAlomo(m): 9:43am On Feb 02, 2016
fashrola:

Bros do I look someone who will buy a car and can't afford to clear it? Does it even make sense to you?

Does buying a Dodge Charger with a faulty engine in America only to come and fix it o Nigeria make sense to you...?!

Penny wise... Pounds fucking stup!d...

And again... you can't afford to clear it...

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dodge Charger 2008 Engine by fashrola(m): 9:51am On Feb 02, 2016
iPopAlomo:

Does buying a Dodge Charger with a faulty engine in America only to come and fix it o Nigeria make sense to you...?!

1 Like

Re: Dodge Charger 2008 Engine by fashrola(m): 9:52am On Feb 02, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

what is the specification of the engine?

5.7L V8
Re: Dodge Charger 2008 Engine by Readonee35L(m): 10:34am On Feb 02, 2016
fashrola:

5.7L V8
Wow, 5.7L Is for RT, i used to have a 6.1L SRT8
The engine can be sourced locally and i feel it should be cheaper here, people don't really use them here ,it shares the same 5.7L with Chrysler 300C ,dodge Challenger, Ram ,Jeep Grand Cherokee and Jeep Commander and Dodge Durango
It's a good buy, if you can get a good mechanic to perform the swap for you,
You can contact Mr Gazzuzzz

1 Like

Re: Dodge Charger 2008 Engine by fashrola(m): 10:37am On Feb 02, 2016
Readonee35L:

Wow, 5.7L Is for RT, i used to have a 6.1L SRT8
The engine can be sourced locally and i feel it should be cheaper here, people don't really use them here ,it shares the same 5.7L with Chrysler 300C ,dodge Challenger, Ram ,Jeep Grand Cherokee and Jeep Commander and Dodge Durango
It's a good buy, if you can get a good mechanic to perform the swap for you,
You can contact Mr Gazzuzzz

I just really need to be sure first before buying it off from Craiglist.... cos i don't mind spending a million naira clearing it...
Re: Dodge Charger 2008 Engine by Readonee35L(m): 10:38am On Feb 02, 2016
iPopAlomo:

Please go back to the romance section where you belong
What Makes a dodge charger different from other car's is it a Space Ship??
Or people who ship in broken camry's and change the engine here are any different?
Re: Dodge Charger 2008 Engine by iPopAlomo(m): 11:20am On Feb 02, 2016
Readonee35L:

Please go back to the romance section where you belong
What Makes a dodge charger different from other car's is it a Space Ship??
Or people who ship in broken camry's and change the engine here are any different?

Camry... parts are readily available...

Honda... parts are readily available...

Vw... parts are readily available...

Mercedes... parts are readily available...

Dodge Charger...?!!!

Read the OP's question... stop acting like a buffoon... I might probably know a lot about cars than you ever will... and for your information... I'm not limited to a section... I don't remember ever coming to kneel to you that my data us exhausted... buy for me... I gave a very valid opinion... what's the point shipping a broken down charger to Nigeria... when you can fix it there... then ship it down...?!

Fyi... Mr Itk...
The agent that clears the car can't clear it as savage (accidented if you may) only as used as they both (savage and used) incure the same amount of duty... a charger with a broken engine can't move in the port as it's opportunity for theives to steal body parts when coming out... then you have to tow a bad car to the destination from the port...

It is an opinion... it's either taken or ignored... I only come to the auto section to check out cars for sale... and the Dodge sparked my interest... hope you're happy now... Aproko united...

8 Likes

Re: Dodge Charger 2008 Engine by Readonee35L(m): 4:34pm On Feb 02, 2016
iPopAlomo:

Dodge Charger...?!!!

Read the OP's question... stop acting like a buffoon... I might probably know a lot about cars than you ever will... and for your information... I'm not limited to a section... I don't remember ever coming to kneel to you that my data us exhausted... buy for me... I gave a very valid opinion... what's the point shipping a broken down charger to Nigeria... when you can fix it there... then ship it down...?!

Fyi... Mr Itk...
The agent that clears the car can't clear it as savage (accidented if you may) only as used as they both (savage and used) incure the same amount of duty... a charger with a broken engine can't move in the port as it's opportunity for theives to steal body parts when coming out... then you have to tow a bad car to the destination from the port...

It is an opinion... it's either taken or ignored... I only come to the auto section to check out cars for sale... and the Dodge sparked my interest... hope you're happy now... Aproko united...
like you said you goto autos section,
This place is CAR-TALK meant for intelligent people who don't brag, i don't know wah ur problem is but don't think you can put ur own frustration on my head

1 Like

Re: Dodge Charger 2008 Engine by Nobody: 4:35pm On Feb 02, 2016
Guys. Why are you jumping all over Alomo? His query is pretty valid. It MAY be possible to source a 5.7 V8 motor for a 2008 Dodge Charger, but would you truly be comfortable allowing an unqualified Nigerian "mechanic" to get their grubby mits on an expensive car? The same bunch of misfits who go pale at the sight of a 3.0 V6 24V in a 1998 Toyota Camry? C'mon!

It makes no sense whatsoever, to purchase a Yank tank in North America with a bust engine, ship it out of NA WITHOUT getting it fixed. In the US, you'll have more choice when it comes to a replacement engine, and the expertise to get it fitted. Worse still, this car can't be test driven. I can guarantee there'll be a myriad of issues besides a broken engine.

fashrola:

Alomo is making PERFECT sense. Your statement above belies a man with common sense. Tell me, what does someone who can afford to buy and clear a 2008 Dodge Charger look like? Besides, no one here knows what you look like. If you're trying to get this car up and running in Nigeria, I would say you're taking a chance, and I would be inclined to deduce you CAN'T afford to pay for parts and labour in the United States.

I might be wrong, but somehow I don't think so. All the best with your Dodge, I hope you're not let down .

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dodge Charger 2008 Engine by iPopAlomo(m): 4:51pm On Feb 02, 2016
Readonee35L:

like you said you goto autos section,
This place is CAR-TALK meant for intelligent people who don't brag, i don't know wah ur problem is but don't think you can put ur own frustration on my head

Mr man... I haven't bragged at all... not yet... if you're intelligent... you would know it makes no sense to buy a broken down charger and shipping it down to Nigeria when you can fix it there before shipping it down... I don't need a brain to know that as it is just common sense...

Car-talk or Autos section... it's not limited to only you... I've got got car issue... if you're a mechanic... let me know... so you can give the solution...
Re: Dodge Charger 2008 Engine by Readonee35L(m): 5:08pm On Feb 02, 2016
smiley
Re: Dodge Charger 2008 Engine by Readonee35L(m): 5:12pm On Feb 02, 2016
iPopAlomo:

Dodge Charger...?!!!

Fyi... Mr Itk...

iPopAlomo:

Mr man... I haven't bragged at all... not yet... if you're intelligent... you would know it makes no sense to buy a broken down charger and shipping it down to Nigeria when you can fix it there before shipping it down... I don't need a brain to know that as it is just common sense...

Car-talk or Autos section... it's not limited to only you... I've got got car issue... if you're a mechanic... let me know... so you can give the solution...

If you truly think you know about car's more than i do you should be able to fix it your self,
I hate fake people, Lying about not what they are not, i don't have anything with you i barely know you,But remember You're Nothing
Re: Dodge Charger 2008 Engine by sultaan(m): 5:39pm On Feb 02, 2016
All this bragging on a thousand dollar car from craiglist.
You are all missing the most important number and source.

Abeg all you sitdown watch as a Nigerian awoof buyer gets duped buy craiglist seller.

Long throat go kill the uninformed grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Dodge Charger 2008 Engine by iPopAlomo(m): 6:33pm On Feb 02, 2016
Readonee35L:

If you truly think you know about car's more than i do you should be able to fix it your self,
I hate fake people, Lying about not what they are not, i don't have anything with you i barely know you,But remember You're Nothing

Guy... calm down... why are you so Defensive...?!
Re: Dodge Charger 2008 Engine by reaky(m): 9:29pm On Feb 04, 2016
Am enjoying this E war
Re: Dodge Charger 2008 Engine by aaidel(m): 12:23am On Feb 05, 2016
sultaan:

Abeg all you sitdown watch as a Nigerian awoof buyer gets duped buy craiglist seller.

make i spread mat with you o grin grin grin grin
Re: Dodge Charger 2008 Engine by fashrola(m): 6:11am On Feb 05, 2016
sultaan:

Gets duped? How? Do u know even know how craiglist works? Baba if u don't know anything.... u can always keep ur fingers off ur keypad
Re: Dodge Charger 2008 Engine by stinggy(m): 6:34am On Feb 05, 2016
sultaan:

I don sidon cheesy cheesy
Re: Dodge Charger 2008 Engine by sultaan(m): 8:58am On Feb 06, 2016
fashrola:

Gets duped? How? Do u know even know how craiglist works? Baba if u don't know anything.... u can always keep ur fingers off ur keypad

Are you phishing or really not familiar with what you are trying to get into.

Buy the charger and either downgrade the engine, get another hemi or buy a camry engine in ladipo to modify the car grin

If you really know how craiglist works post the link to the car here
Re: Dodge Charger 2008 Engine by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:02am On Feb 06, 2016
sultaan:

Are you phishing or really not familiar with what you are trying to get into.

Buy the charger and either downgrade the engine, get another hemi or buy a camry engine in ladipo to modify the car grin

If you really know how craiglist works post the link to the car here

Daris god o! embarassed
Re: Dodge Charger 2008 Engine by mayor2013: 9:44am On Feb 06, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

Daris god o! embarassed

I thought the camry engine would turbo charge it & reduce fuel consumptiongrin

(1) (Reply)

I Need Help With This Camry Decision; Camry 2.4 or 2007 Camry spider / Bought Bad Engine In Ladipo / Honda Accord 2010 Not Starting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.