Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,821 members, 7,810,148 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:46 PM

We Got N905.8m For No Contracts, Says Witness - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Got N905.8m For No Contracts, Says Witness (14860 Views)

Fani-Kayode: Jonathan's Campaign Organisation Owes My Company N24m, Says Witness / How We Got Job To Print Fake INEC Result Sheet In Rivers – Suspect (Video) / Bukola Saraki’s Assets Form Not Verified By EFCC , Says Witness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Got N905.8m For No Contracts, Says Witness by DONSMITH123(m): 6:22am On Feb 03, 2016
A lawyer and businessman, Uche Obilor, yesterday told the Federal High Court in Lagos that three of his companies got N905,800 million from the Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (NIMASA) without bidding for any contract.

He said the firms – Seabulk Offshore Limited, Southern Offshore Limited and Ace Prothesis Limited – were paid for a contract they never executed.

He was testifying in the trial of a former NIMASA Director-General, Patrick Akpobolokemi, who is accused by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) converting N2.6billion.

He was also accused of defrauding the Federal Government of 795.2million.

Akpobolokemi was arraigned before Justice Ibrahim Buba along with three others – Captain Ezekiel Agaba, Ekene Nwakuche, Governor Juan – and three companies – Blockz and Stonz Limited, Kenzo Logistics Limited and Al-Kenzo Logistic Limited.

Led in evidence by EFCC prosecutor Rotimi Oyedepo, Obilor said he was approached by NIMASA to provide vessels for the implementation of an ISPS Code project.

Oyedepo asked: “Did you bid for the contract?” The witness said: “We did not officially bid for the contract.”

The EFCC lawyer asked: “Did you execute the unofficial contract?” Obilor responded: “The contract was not executed.”

According to the witness, the companies received letters of award of contracts although they did not submit any bids.

He said the monies were paid before they got confirmation that they had been awarded the contract.

“When we had the letter of award, by then the monies had been paid upfront.

“We were later approached that we should stay action, and that we should remit the money to certain companies and individuals,” he said.

He said his companies got the following sums: Seabulk Offshore, N437million; Southern Offshore, N402million and Ace Prothesis, N66.8million.

Obilor said they neither issued requests for payment, nor submitted any invoices.

When he was showed a request document for the payment of a particular sum, he said: “We did not issue this document.”

The witness said he received instructions from Captain Agaba, and that they discussed verbally.

Under cross examination by Akpobolokemi’s lawyer Dr Joseph Nwobike (SAN), Obilor said he never dealt with or met the former NIMASA boss.

“I did not meet the first defendant,” he said.

When Agaba’s lawyer, Edoka Onyeke, showed the witness a document signed by his executive directors, Obilor denied that any of his staff signed any papers bidding for the contract or demanding payment.

“I am very much aware of what happens in my companies. If the documents had emanated from the companies I would have known. I am unaware that my directors signed the documents,” he said.

Obilor said he took steps to confirm if indeed his workers signed the documents, but admitted there was no documentary evidence showing their denial.

“I am not aware of any statements from them denying the documents. I didn’t take them along to the EFCC to deny those documents,” he said.

Adjourning, Justice Buba joked that he had to force himself to sit for the trial even though he was treating malaria.

“My temperature was very high yesterday (Monday), but I forced myself to be here so that the press will not write a bold headline that ‘judge’s absence stalled trial,’” he said.

The Trial continues on Friday.

http://thenationonlineng.net/we-got-n905-8m-for-no-contracts-says-witness/

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Got N905.8m For No Contracts, Says Witness by Mrfahaz(m): 6:25am On Feb 03, 2016
what do you espect when ineffectual b***** at the top is rotten..........

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Got N905.8m For No Contracts, Says Witness by xxgig(m): 6:26am On Feb 03, 2016
Waiting for the end.

3 Likes

Re: We Got N905.8m For No Contracts, Says Witness by DONSMITH123(m): 6:26am On Feb 03, 2016
I agreed with you my brother 100%

Demmocrats:
I swear looters should be given death penalty

22 Likes

Re: We Got N905.8m For No Contracts, Says Witness by Twizzy30(m): 6:29am On Feb 03, 2016
Our money !!

4 Likes

Re: We Got N905.8m For No Contracts, Says Witness by OnankpaBa(m): 6:31am On Feb 03, 2016
Jonathannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn. Stealing na corruption ooooooooooooooooooooooo

23 Likes

Re: We Got N905.8m For No Contracts, Says Witness by mrphysics(m): 6:32am On Feb 03, 2016
Just like that N905m?

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Got N905.8m For No Contracts, Says Witness by OnankpaBa(m): 6:32am On Feb 03, 2016
Once we clamour for that, they will call PMB names...PDP has milked this country

Demmocrats:

14 Likes

Re: We Got N905.8m For No Contracts, Says Witness by BaddieKay(f): 6:33am On Feb 03, 2016
Not a bad idea
Demmocrats:

6 Likes

Re: We Got N905.8m For No Contracts, Says Witness by OnankpaBa(m): 6:34am On Feb 03, 2016
Oyedepo asked: “Did you bid for the contract?” The witness said: “We did not officially bid for the contract.”

The EFCC lawyer asked: “Did you execute the unofficial contract?” Obilor responded: “The contract was not executed.”

According to the witness, the companies received letters of award of contracts although they did not submit any bids.

He said the monies were paid before they got confirmation that they had been awarded the contract.

“When we had the letter of award, by then the monies had been paid upfront.

“We were later approached that we should stay action, and that we should remit the money to certain companies and individuals,” he said.

Wailers, what do we call this? they will soon wake up to defend this. God is watching...

56 Likes 4 Shares

Re: We Got N905.8m For No Contracts, Says Witness by Caseless: 6:35am On Feb 03, 2016
The gargantuan corruption that ineffectual-B allowed to thrive under his watch is heart-wrenching.

When I see those cretins addressing him as a hero, I usually run back to my dictionary to check the meaning of the word "hero".

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Got N905.8m For No Contracts, Says Witness by OsusuMustFlow(f): 6:37am On Feb 03, 2016
O Boy, see Osusu when dey flow... cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Why no bi me they credit like that na? national cake grin grin

3 Likes

Re: We Got N905.8m For No Contracts, Says Witness by OsusuMustFlow(f): 6:38am On Feb 03, 2016
seconded

Demmocrats:

2 Likes

Re: We Got N905.8m For No Contracts, Says Witness by kennyman2000(m): 6:39am On Feb 03, 2016
Hmmmmmm....
Re: We Got N905.8m For No Contracts, Says Witness by DONSMITH123(m): 6:39am On Feb 03, 2016
kuje dey hungry you?

OsusuMustFlow:
O Boy, see Osusu when dey flow... cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Why no bi me they credit like that na? national cake grin grin

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Got N905.8m For No Contracts, Says Witness by OnankpaBa(m): 6:40am On Feb 03, 2016
not only hero. He killed nigeria economy

Caseless:
The gargantuan corruption that ineffectual-B allowed to thrive under his watch is heart-wrenching.

When I see those cretins addressing him as a hero, I usually run back to my dictionary to check the meaning of the word "hero".

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Got N905.8m For No Contracts, Says Witness by OnankpaBa(m): 6:41am On Feb 03, 2016
and you would have gotten a new house in kuje smiley

OsusuMustFlow:

3 Likes

Re: We Got N905.8m For No Contracts, Says Witness by Khd95(m): 6:43am On Feb 03, 2016
Who provided nimasa d acct details of dis said companies

What then did d companies did after recieving d ''alert''
Did they inform efcc
Did they retuned d money back,or still in their those accts

3 Likes

Re: We Got N905.8m For No Contracts, Says Witness by phemmie06(m): 6:44am On Feb 03, 2016
Until there is a strict act to punish the act of these useless people the dividend of democracy will never circulate. There are millions of people out there who were ready to work but no recognition for them. How can you win a contract without bid? What were you instructed to do.

8 Likes

Re: We Got N905.8m For No Contracts, Says Witness by SweetLove0(f): 6:44am On Feb 03, 2016
hian
Re: We Got N905.8m For No Contracts, Says Witness by Pavore9: 6:45am On Feb 03, 2016
And this is just one out of many who got paid for doing nothing!

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Got N905.8m For No Contracts, Says Witness by SweetLove0(f): 6:45am On Feb 03, 2016
supported

Demmocrats:

1 Like

Re: We Got N905.8m For No Contracts, Says Witness by Khd95(m): 6:46am On Feb 03, 2016
Stealing is not corruption
-gej2015-

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Got N905.8m For No Contracts, Says Witness by SweetLove0(f): 6:46am On Feb 03, 2016
smiley
DONSMITH123:

kuje dey hungry you?

Re: We Got N905.8m For No Contracts, Says Witness by OsusuMustFlow(f): 6:47am On Feb 03, 2016
my oga, just joking o smiley

DONSMITH123:

kuje dey hungry you?

2 Likes

Re: We Got N905.8m For No Contracts, Says Witness by OsusuMustFlow(f): 6:47am On Feb 03, 2016
cheesy
OnankpaBa:
and you would have gotten a new house in kuje smiley

Re: We Got N905.8m For No Contracts, Says Witness by oluwaSmith1(f): 6:51am On Feb 03, 2016
hmmmmm

1 Like

Re: We Got N905.8m For No Contracts, Says Witness by OnankpaBa(m): 6:53am On Feb 03, 2016
Come to think of it, was Goodluck sleeping while all this is going on?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Got N905.8m For No Contracts, Says Witness by OnankpaBa(m): 6:54am On Feb 03, 2016
walahi

Mrfahaz:
what do you espect when ineffectual b***** at the top is rotten..........

1 Like

Re: We Got N905.8m For No Contracts, Says Witness by Caseless: 6:56am On Feb 03, 2016
OnankpaBa:
not only hero. He killed nigeria economy

how can that drunk be a hero?

5 Likes

Re: We Got N905.8m For No Contracts, Says Witness by OnankpaBa(m): 6:57am On Feb 03, 2016
with all the daily revelations, Goodluck is a badluck to nigeria

Caseless:
how can that drunk be a hero?

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagos Senatorial Bye Election: Gbadamosi Alleges Attempted Assassination / Dangers For APC In Coerced Consensus / Paul Ibe: Atiku Did Not Send Any Emissary To Meet Wike In Turkey

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.