Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,152 members, 7,849,582 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 03:56 AM

Can A Nigerian Newspaper Address A US/UK President As"an Ineffectual Buffoon "? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can A Nigerian Newspaper Address A US/UK President As"an Ineffectual Buffoon "? (518 Views)

''Tolu Ogunlesi Wrote "The Economist" Article Calling GEJ ineffectual Buffoon'' / Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" / THE ECONOMIST Tags Jonathan As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Nigerian Newspaper Address A US/UK President As"an Ineffectual Buffoon "? by HephzibahO: 10:53am On Feb 03, 2016
Its food for thought. Can any segment of the US regardless of their political polarization celebrate the addressing of a past president say George Bush as Ineffectual Buffoon? Neither will it happen that UK citizens will rejoice that a Nigerian Newspaper such as Guardian or a Core Magazine as Business day addressed Tony Blair in such despicable manner. I dare for such boldness on our local media...and more for such country's people to accept and accelerate it.

I write from an objective nonpartisan view. The recent celebration of the aggravating name calling of a former president of the FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA an "Ineffectual buffoon" by the Economist is a great slap on the face of Nigeria as a nation.

Worsened by the celebration of this insult by a political band whose interest is not in the Nigerian nation to be respected but to promote their tribalistic emptiness, non- patriotism and total disrespect for the Nigerian Politics.

Even in a budding democracy, this name calling is a sham and a shame. In a family, you ward off the enemy and the insulter, then you come in and rebuke your folks behind closed doors. I haven't seen a mother call her son a thief or daughter a prostitute because an outsider says so...only foolish mothers.

I knew we had to fight to instigate patriotism even in young ones when I spoke with a Nigerian professor and he rejoiced greatly that his former president was addressed as such.

I expect criticisms for this piece but I have bared my thought. The rest is yours.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can A Nigerian Newspaper Address A US/UK President As"an Ineffectual Buffoon "? by PAINGAIN: 10:55am On Feb 03, 2016
I didn't read but the answer to ur thread title is NO.
Re: Can A Nigerian Newspaper Address A US/UK President As"an Ineffectual Buffoon "? by Retributionn: 10:59am On Feb 03, 2016
@OP do you mean the Prime Minister of the UK?

That economist article dey really pain all these Ipob Youths

Do you think Americans or the British care what journalists in some hell hole in Africa calls them?

The fact is this- Jonathan is an ineffectual buffoon and he deserves to be called worse

2 Likes

Re: Can A Nigerian Newspaper Address A US/UK President As"an Ineffectual Buffoon "? by fromnigeria(m): 11:00am On Feb 03, 2016
Hmmm.
Re: Can A Nigerian Newspaper Address A US/UK President As"an Ineffectual Buffoon "? by chriskosherbal(m): 11:01am On Feb 03, 2016
that was harsh but there is a high level of freedom of speech in these countries than Nigeria.
Re: Can A Nigerian Newspaper Address A US/UK President As"an Ineffectual Buffoon "? by tmtech: 11:07am On Feb 03, 2016
u need to start watching fox news or msnbc.. dey call dia leaders damning names everyday.. nd fyi, dey wudnt give a chicken shit if awa news papers call dia leaders names... infact its naija pipu dat will attack dem if such shud happen
Re: Can A Nigerian Newspaper Address A US/UK President As"an Ineffectual Buffoon "? by Elosky20: 11:18am On Feb 03, 2016
bt i see no insult in what they said about jonathan. they said the truth. simple
Re: Can A Nigerian Newspaper Address A US/UK President As"an Ineffectual Buffoon "? by Adminisher: 5:24pm On Feb 03, 2016
Nigerian newspapers have abused George Bush severally. I have read articles abusing Tony Blair for stupidly following the US into Iraq.
Re: Can A Nigerian Newspaper Address A US/UK President As"an Ineffectual Buffoon "? by playahata: 6:23pm On Feb 03, 2016
Retributionn:
@OP did you mean the Prime Minister of the UK?

That economist article dey really pain all these Ipob Youths

Do you think Americans or the British care what journalists in some hell hole in Africa calls them?

The fact is this- Jonathan is an ineffectual buffoon and he deserves to be called worse

you refer to Nigeria as a hell hole. You and ipob youth may have a lot more in common than you think

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News! Tinubu And AIT Agree To Settle Out Of Court – See Why Tinubu Agre / Relocate To America For Equal Rights – Enugu Lawmakers Tell Women / Is Nigeria A Failed State Already Or About To Become One?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.