Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,623 members, 7,820,209 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:24 AM

Video: Pat Utomi Boldly Say To Buhari To Keep Quiet If He Has Nothing To Say - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Video: Pat Utomi Boldly Say To Buhari To Keep Quiet If He Has Nothing To Say (45474 Views)

Biafra: Fight Military Or Keep Quiet – Oyebode Dares Nnamdi Kanu / Ayiri Emami Hosts Pat Utomi At His Mansion (Photos) / What Nnamdi Kanu Told Us In Prison — Pat Utomi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Video: Pat Utomi Boldly Say To Buhari To Keep Quiet If He Has Nothing To Say by bankylan: 9:09pm On Feb 03, 2016
When corporations want a turnaround, they shop around for the best brains. But a nation as big as Nigeria wanted a turnaround and we went for a man that can not cause a turnaround in a bakery. I don't blame Buhari. The people to blame are the people who voter him in.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Video: Pat Utomi Boldly Say To Buhari To Keep Quiet If He Has Nothing To Say by datribune: 9:10pm On Feb 03, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
Quiet not quite..oga OP.............Professor Utomi should stick to what he knows best........academically sound,but politically naïve!!!!...God bless Nigeria

Check his antecedents, Utomi is not brilliant, it's just hype. dis guy as economic adviser kept giving wrong advice to d utterly corrupt & disastrous Shagari govt which ran our economy aground & brought great grief to our nation.
All companies ran by him - Bank PHB, Baywood continental, Volkswagen of Nigeria etc ar all moribund.
He was also quizzed by d EFCC 4 collecting a 2.7b naira loan frm his Bank PHB which he also ran aground & is yet to refund. I wish d govt will re-visit his case.

1 Like

Re: Video: Pat Utomi Boldly Say To Buhari To Keep Quiet If He Has Nothing To Say by Lionsclaw: 9:13pm On Feb 03, 2016
Dee60:
NIGERIA IS A COUNTRY WHERE YOU ARE DEEMED TO BE AN ECONOMIST BECAUSE, LIKE TRUMP, YOU HAVE ACCESS TO THE MEDIA AND YOU CAN MAKE THE LOUDEST NOISE.

ALL THE PEOPLE SCREAMING DEVALUATION HAVE NOT MADE ANY SENSIBLE ARGUMENT. THEY ONLY CLAIM THAT IT IS ENCOURAGING ROUND-TRIPPING. YET THEY CANNOT PROVE THAT WITH FACTS.

NATIONS DEVALUE THEIR CURRENCY TO ENCOURAGE FOREX INFLOW THROUGH EXPORTS. AND THEN THEY RE-VALUE AGAIN IN THE COURSE OF TIME. IN NIGERIA, NAIRA HAS NEVER (AND I MEAN NEVER) REGAINED VALUE. IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN ONE WAY. FROM 3 NAIRA TO THE DOLLAR, TO 11, TO 18, TO 32, TO 60, TO 98, TO 120. TO 158, TO 199!

IT IS SO, BECAUSE OUR DEVALUATION HAS ALWAYS BEEN TO ENCOURAGE SPECULATORS AND NOT TO ENCOURAGE EXPORTS. OUR OUTPUT OF COCOA, CASHEW, RUBBER ETC HAS NOT INCREASED IN THE LAST 20 YEARS. IN FACT, COMMODITIES LIKE RUBBER AND CASHEW ARE ALMOST EXTINCT. NIGERIA NO LONGER EXPORTS LEATHER. ALL THE PAST DEVALUATION HAVE FAILED TO ENCOURAGE ANY MEANINGFUL LONG TERM INVESTMENT IN PRODUCTION.

NIGERIANS WHO HAVE STORED MONEY ABROAD (SOME FROM DOUBTFUL MEANS) REALLY WANT DEVALUATION - THEY WANT THEIR 1000 DOLLARS TO FETCH THEM 300,000 NAIRA.

CONTNUED DEVALUATION WITHOUT SOLID LOCAL PRODUCTION THAT IS GEARED TOWARDS EXPORTS WILL ONE DAY MAKE YOUR CURRENCY WORTHLESS. COMMON SENSE.

DEVALUATION TODAY WILL MAKE PETROL SELL FOR A MUCH HIGHER PRICE. IS NIGERIA READY FOR THAT? WILL THAT NOT SPARK ANOTHER CRISIS? COMMON SENSE!

STOP SPENDING YOUR DOLLAR EARNINGS ON 'ANYTHING MADE IN CHINA' LIKE HUMAN HAIR, TOOTHPICKS, CHAMPAGNE AND WATCH YOUR CURRENCY GAIN VALUE. COMMON SENSE!

NIGERIA IS THE WORLD'S LARGEST IMPORTERS OF CHAMPAGNE AND BEAUTY PRODUCTS. WE ARE SURROUNDED BY WATER BUT WE IMPORT FISH ALL THE WAY FROM CHINA AND SOUTH AMERICA. YOU CANNOT CONTINUE WITH THAT AND EXPECT YOUR CURRENCY TO GAIN VALUE. COMMON SENSE!

SINCE THE CBN PLACED RESTRICTIONS ON 42 ITEMS, FACTORIES HAVE SPRUNG UP TO MAKE TILES LOCALLY. THERE ARE OTHER EXAMPLES. THAT WOULD NOT HAVE HAPENNED WITHOUT A POLICY TO CURB SENSELESS IMPORTS. HOW CAN WE BE SURROUNDED BY ROCKS AND YET BE IMPORTING STONES? MAKES NO SENSE!

WHILE THE PROFESSORS ARE TALKING, CHINESE AND INDIAN BUSINESS PEOPLE ARE LOOKING TO ESTABLISH FACTORIES. WE NIGERIANS ARE STILL SLEEPING AND MAKING THE BLAME GAME! TALK IS CHEAP. LET US GET NIGERIANS TO PRODUCE! COMMON SENSE!

CHECK WHAT YOU ARE PUTTING ON NOW - YOUR SHOE MADE IN ITALY, YOUR SHIRT IN UK, YOUT SUIT IN INDIA, YOUR TIE IN BANGLADESH, YOUR WRIST WATCH IN TAIWAN, YOUR HUMAN HAIR IN BRAZIL, YOUR UNDERWEAR IN THAILAND. YOU HAVE JUST RELAXED WITH NICE FRUIT JUICE MADE IN SPAIN AND YOU ARE WATCHING DSTV COURTESY OF SOUTH AFRICA. FINALLY, THE DIVIDENDS ON YOUR GSM ENDS UP IN INDIA. NO NATION DOES THIS AND EXPECT HER CURRENCY TO GAIN VALUE. COMMON SENSE.

THE BEST ECONOMICS IS THE ONE THAT MAKES COMMON SENSE. THAT IS WHAT NOBEL PRIZE WINNERS ALLUDE TO. AND I AGREE.
You 'seem' sound paper wise. But politically you still have much growing up to do because all the economic point you want to prove are all a function of political body language and thus have economic implication.

From what Utomi is saying he mr buhari stop going about on sentimental talking spree and say things that will hurt your economy.

You said nations devalue to enable forex inflow right?
So is Buhari not smart enough to know that his nations agric and or natural minerals export are booting up for export and so in the course of time he might need to devalue, or all he wants to do is just borrow to eat and then the nation go to sleep the sleep of death?

You made valid points but they are OP ie out of point in line with this thread. Yes govt now must more than ever work towards export. But the crux of Utomi's speech is NOT A CALL TO SUPPORT THE SENTIMENT OF DEVALUATION BUT FOR A PRESIDENT TO BE DEPLOMATIC IN HIS POLITICAL APPROACH ON ISSUES THAT HAVE ECONOMIC IMPLICATIONS. He has to go back to 1983 and keep his stiff sterotype undiplomatic approach there and then come back to us. Its 2016 the world has moved on and we are in the smart age not sentimental age

2 Likes

Re: Video: Pat Utomi Boldly Say To Buhari To Keep Quiet If He Has Nothing To Say by ItsMeAboki(m): 9:14pm On Feb 03, 2016
archdaura:
it seems aggrieved utomi don turn to wailer for not being appointed the finance minister. its a shame will all your PhD education and exposure addressing the President In fayose manner. next time before u talk olodo prof wailing wailer

I am inclined to agree with you that the man has turned to a wailing wailer, he is just spewing sour grapes for failing to land the ministerial post he was angling for - not minding having probably voted along with the 5%ters

After criticizing the president for refusing to devalue the Naira, I was expecting to hear him give a counter argument for why he believed otherwise e.g. why the president's statement could have harmed the country as he alleged and how a devalued Naira was better to the stronger Naira the president is trying to maintain and also proffer specific economic solutions to the problem from his perspective as as an expert in the field; but sadly he contributed nothing other than a wishy washy empty answer i.e. Nigeria needs a disciplined and focused leadership - which is neither here nor there.

3 Likes

Re: Video: Pat Utomi Boldly Say To Buhari To Keep Quiet If He Has Nothing To Say by soldierdollar(m): 9:23pm On Feb 03, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
yes ,just like NOI alsoe knew about the economy,which she helped ruin....phd is differed from politics

In other words , politicians should be hired to run our economy and not experts

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Video: Pat Utomi Boldly Say To Buhari To Keep Quiet If He Has Nothing To Say by babyfaceafrica: 9:24pm On Feb 03, 2016
silverystone:
I would have insulted you now. However, let me keep my cool. #TALK_WITH_SENSE
clap for yourself.....
Re: Video: Pat Utomi Boldly Say To Buhari To Keep Quiet If He Has Nothing To Say by babyfaceafrica: 9:25pm On Feb 03, 2016
Lionsclaw:
look at this one. What do you know about politics?

Utomi was talking about the political implication of that statement mum.uhari made because the world was listening and political decisions like that have feedback effect and economic implications.

Its embarassing that some of you are so dumb to a fault. I mean so in your mind mum.uhari is more sound politically than Utomi. Guy abeg shift
are u done?...
Re: Video: Pat Utomi Boldly Say To Buhari To Keep Quiet If He Has Nothing To Say by cizy: 9:29pm On Feb 03, 2016
Godjone:
chai!
See finishing!
This man has reduced dullhary to a plate-carrying almajiri in katsina daura city of northern nigeria.

Buhary don suffer walai

I love the bolded! grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Video: Pat Utomi Boldly Say To Buhari To Keep Quiet If He Has Nothing To Say by iconaus: 9:36pm On Feb 03, 2016
mazzi:
Buhari is a product of tribal sentiment we have in this country!

This man is not fit to be a local government chairman,but here we are having him as president.
i ve been trying to describe how we end up with buhari , u just said it all.

3 Likes

Re: Video: Pat Utomi Boldly Say To Buhari To Keep Quiet If He Has Nothing To Say by cizy: 9:39pm On Feb 03, 2016
Atlantian:
Utomi is a Professor of Economics, correct me if I am wrong. And I will rely on the advise of knowledgeable people like him than listen to the narcissistic verbiages of emperors of emotional masturbation.

The exchange rate isnt something you fix. It is determined largely by micro and macro economic indices, but here we are in a nation over-populated by half-wise and half-foolish public commentators who are guided by sentimental political lineages to drum support for a clearly daft Buhari whose best credential is cattle-rearing.

There has been no new road constructions, no new airport built, no new hospital and not even a single input to the economy since the slowpoke became President almost 8 months ago.

Zillion likes for this post! Best post for the week!!! shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Video: Pat Utomi Boldly Say To Buhari To Keep Quiet If He Has Nothing To Say by EmekaBlue(m): 10:19pm On Feb 03, 2016
Very dull administration, nothing technical about them..Nigeria has just put a man exhumed frm d grave of our past...Very soon Egypt wil take over with these decievers who dont knw wht to do or how to do right ruling us..

2 Likes

Re: Video: Pat Utomi Boldly Say To Buhari To Keep Quiet If He Has Nothing To Say by FLYFIRE(m): 10:53pm On Feb 03, 2016
soldierdollar:

In other words , politicians should be hired to run our economy and not experts
Pls dont waste your time with these people... they are F. OOLS & ILLITERATES
Re: Video: Pat Utomi Boldly Say To Buhari To Keep Quiet If He Has Nothing To Say by Nobody: 10:56pm On Feb 03, 2016
DirtyGold:
Book smart Pat Utomi, remember that Buhari didn't create the economy's problem neither did he or you predict the current dangerously low price of crude.

What's tha business?
obviously Buhari didn't create the economic problem bt people like you voted him to solve problems like this when they arise.
Re: Video: Pat Utomi Boldly Say To Buhari To Keep Quiet If He Has Nothing To Say by Nobody: 10:58pm On Feb 03, 2016
danidee10:
one question.....was it buhari's government that squandered the money?
what are you talking about?.

1 Like

Re: Video: Pat Utomi Boldly Say To Buhari To Keep Quiet If He Has Nothing To Say by Nobody: 11:05pm On Feb 03, 2016
harmless011:

Do i hear you say devaluing the naira will promote importation, can you explain that.
lol!, he doesn't knw the effects of devaluation.
Re: Video: Pat Utomi Boldly Say To Buhari To Keep Quiet If He Has Nothing To Say by asamaigho(m): 11:17pm On Feb 03, 2016
for pat utomi to propagate for devalued naira,i think d man is losing it,i hope he is ok oo.all this empty head professors sef!....
thank God he didnt make d ministerial list,.
i think i'm dissappointed in him.

1 Like

Re: Video: Pat Utomi Boldly Say To Buhari To Keep Quiet If He Has Nothing To Say by asamaigho(m): 11:19pm On Feb 03, 2016
SAY NO TO DEVALUATION
WE CANNOT MAKE DSAME MISTAKE IBB MADE DURING "SAP"

WILL NOT GO D'WAY OF ZIMBABWE OOO,
THANK GOD OKONJO IS NOT D MINISTER OF FINANCE OOO.

1 Like

Re: Video: Pat Utomi Boldly Say To Buhari To Keep Quiet If He Has Nothing To Say by hopilo: 11:20pm On Feb 03, 2016
DirtyGold:
Book smart Pat Utomi, remember that Buhari didn't create the economy's problem neither did he or you predict the current dangerously low price of crude.

What's tha business?
He never said Buhari created it. He is advising Buhari to react and save the economy and not just sit to say l did not creat the problem.
Re: Video: Pat Utomi Boldly Say To Buhari To Keep Quiet If He Has Nothing To Say by NavierStokes(m): 11:24pm On Feb 03, 2016
asamaigho:
SAY NO TO DEVALUATION
WE CANNOT MAKE DSAME MISTAKE IBB MADE DURING "SAP"

WILL NOT GO D'WAY OF ZIMBABWE OOO,
THANK GOD OKONJO IS NOT D MINISTER OF FINANCE OOO.

What was the mistake IBB made during sap? I hope you are not referring to IMF's recommendations because they were in order, rather our corrupt governments (about 35 african countries) saw that as an opportunity to enrich themselves save for Ghana that stayed the course with the IMF recommendations for a prolonged period and ended up in a better position than the rest of the african countries Nigeria inclusive.
Re: Video: Pat Utomi Boldly Say To Buhari To Keep Quiet If He Has Nothing To Say by saintmark88(m): 11:37pm On Feb 03, 2016
What will Nigerians stand to gain by devaluing the naira??..cos pple r juxt saying devalve not because they know of its implications but because odas r saying it, I'm not an economist so i dnt know, so wht do we stand to gain......
Re: Video: Pat Utomi Boldly Say To Buhari To Keep Quiet If He Has Nothing To Say by onatisi(m): 11:38pm On Feb 03, 2016
Nigerians are beginning to wake up and the demonic juju broom power seems not to be working on ppl senses anymore.

I will just sit and enjoy this one

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Video: Pat Utomi Boldly Say To Buhari To Keep Quiet If He Has Nothing To Say by Abugab(m): 11:40pm On Feb 03, 2016
What does Utomi know about management?
He killed Volkswagen Nigeria.
He should be the one to keep quite as he only has paper knowledge.
Re: Video: Pat Utomi Boldly Say To Buhari To Keep Quiet If He Has Nothing To Say by excel101(m): 11:44pm On Feb 03, 2016
DirtyGold:

What's tha business?
. Yes he didn't created it my broda, but we voted for him to resolve the problem. Why else did u voted him as the president, is it to keep blaming Ex president Jonathan? If you were employed to find solution to a problem caused by your predecessor in an organization, do u keep blaming the him or u resolve it yourself?
Re: Video: Pat Utomi Boldly Say To Buhari To Keep Quiet If He Has Nothing To Say by ItsMeAboki(m): 12:17am On Feb 04, 2016
datribune:

Check his antecedents, Utomi is not brilliant, it's just hype. dis guy as economic adviser kept giving wrong advice to d utterly corrupt & disastrous Shagari govt which ran our economy aground & brought great grief to our nation.
All companies ran by him - Bank PHB, Baywood continental, Volkswagen of Nigeria etc ar all moribund.
He was also quizzed by d EFCC 4 collecting a 2.7b naira loan frm his Bank PHB which he also ran aground & is yet to refund. I wish d govt will re-visit his case.

Let the wailers take note.

1 Like

Re: Video: Pat Utomi Boldly Say To Buhari To Keep Quiet If He Has Nothing To Say by Shymm3x: 12:19am On Feb 04, 2016
Who's this guy and why's everyone spouting devaluation everywhere?

Is devaluation going to fix the messed up economy?

I honestly don't think a lot of these folks understand floating cos with how messed up Nigeria's economy is and also how depleted the foreign reserves are - the inflation that will bamboozle the Nigerian economy would make Yao Ming look like a dwarf.

Better keep the artificial rates for now till you can find a cushion or something tangible to peg the naira to. The market is too volatile, ditto the economy that's in abyss - to risk floating - especially for a country like Nigeria that's heavily dependent on only oil for its forex.

1 Like

Re: Video: Pat Utomi Boldly Say To Buhari To Keep Quiet If He Has Nothing To Say by ibedun: 12:31am On Feb 04, 2016
Tafugo:
Idiot that ran down Volkswagen and Bank PHB. Afin bukuru.

Pat Utomi - a crossed-eyed rogue forming professor in Lagos far away from his ancestral land. 419 idiot like his drug in jesting, courier eastern brothers. The oloriburuku that borrowed depositors money at Bank Phb at 0% interest and embezzled 100 million. Stupid Albino with his igbotic village features. He can go and join his wailing brothers on the Eastside and join his IPob wailing idiats. I hate the guy with a passion.

1 Like

Re: Video: Pat Utomi Boldly Say To Buhari To Keep Quiet If He Has Nothing To Say by ibedun: 12:35am On Feb 04, 2016
datribune:

I was a victim and I lost 7 years saving of 9 million back then. Money earned from toiling. I dont wish that albino punk well.

2 Likes

Re: Video: Pat Utomi Boldly Say To Buhari To Keep Quiet If He Has Nothing To Say by Nobody: 1:07am On Feb 04, 2016
mazzi:
Our wailing wailers ministry is booming more than expected!

Please everybody should contribute their widow's mit for the construction of our wailing wailers permanent site.thank you.
when is your Secretariat located?
Re: Video: Pat Utomi Boldly Say To Buhari To Keep Quiet If He Has Nothing To Say by Nobody: 1:09am On Feb 04, 2016
Sunnybobo3:
p
And since Adeosun took over, how market? £1=425 now.
What! this is serious
Re: Video: Pat Utomi Boldly Say To Buhari To Keep Quiet If He Has Nothing To Say by Ilaje44(m): 2:09am On Feb 04, 2016
onoja12:
WHO is this idiot again are you the only economist.utomi should shut his mouth how does devaluing the naira help the economy aside from making you poorer he should come and tell us,we are trying to push for export not encourage import,devaluation would only aid import.

Theoretically, the Devaluation of a country's currency should trigger Export, because your Exports will become cheaper for foreigners. Nigeria being an agrarian country won't be able to fully enjoy the benefits of devaluation. We tried that out already during IBB time with the IMF imposed SAP. It totally killed off our burgeoning home made manufacturing, because raw materials and Machinery/spare parts became prohibitively expensive.

Anyway, Buhari need not say he won't devalue the Naira, because that is very far from reality. What he won't do, the market has already taken care of it.
Re: Video: Pat Utomi Boldly Say To Buhari To Keep Quiet If He Has Nothing To Say by gorecwears(m): 2:49am On Feb 04, 2016
You are a tribal bigot, I pray you never get anything worthwhile from an Igbo man.

1 Like

Re: Video: Pat Utomi Boldly Say To Buhari To Keep Quiet If He Has Nothing To Say by totorimi: 3:46am On Feb 04, 2016
This is the very problem I have with our elites in this country. You follow them at your own risk. Was it not this prof that was quoted earlier when this Bihari was picking his appointees from the north, he said the president was at liberty to appoint all his ministers from one local government. but our constitution says otherwise. Now he is saying the same Bihari should not talk in matters he knows nothing about.

Well all I can say everybody is a political animal, everyone is pursuing an interest so anyone is at liberty to say anything only them know what they are targeting. As for me Nigeria either make it together or we break it together.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

We Are Waiting For Peter Obi In Kastina - El-Rufai / Abubakar Malami: Criticise Buhari Again And Be Crucified - Islamic Cleric / Ekiti Inec Resident Commissioner Resignation Letter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.