Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,713 members, 7,809,704 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:34 PM

Bristow Helicopters Releases Statement On Crashed Aircraft - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Bristow Helicopters Releases Statement On Crashed Aircraft (40655 Views)

Abimbola Jayeola Captain Of Bristow Helicopter That Ditched In Atlantic Ocean / How The Crashed Bristow Helicopter Was Transported To Lagos (photos) / Lagos-Bound Bristow Helicopter Crashes Into The Ocean (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bristow Helicopters Releases Statement On Crashed Aircraft by EbolaParasite: 5:00pm On Feb 03, 2016
ad84ada:
Bro no be boast, I was surprised at how sure you sounded or is it that what your ears wanted to hear is bad news at all means. God sha don do chopper levels. Na ahead we dey look! Things like oil price getting back to 100 dollars a barrel.

Brah forget that thing. At best $70. Maybe in 2018 upwards you may see anything north of 70. If it ever goes that high again, the Shale drillers will get back to business and we will be right back where we are now. Boom and Bust Cycle.
Re: Bristow Helicopters Releases Statement On Crashed Aircraft by Nobody: 5:04pm On Feb 03, 2016
holamiday:
I don't get. This explanation is a total sham. A complete scam. An uttter charade.

There is no such thing as a water landing for an aircraft that does not have capabilities to land on water. A regular helicopter lands on water, it sinks immediately. Maybe they meant that the helicopter crashed in the water and all occupants swam to safety.

I think they should tell us more about the type of helicopter.

A helicopter fitted with inflatable trusses can land on water.
Re: Bristow Helicopters Releases Statement On Crashed Aircraft by ad84ada(m): 5:05pm On Feb 03, 2016
EbolaParasite:

Brah forget that thing. At best $70. Maybe in 2018 upwards you may see anything north of 70. If it ever goes that high again, the Shale drillers will get back to business and we will be right back where we are now. Boom and Bust Cycle.
Logical but dear never say never.
Re: Bristow Helicopters Releases Statement On Crashed Aircraft by Nobody: 5:08pm On Feb 03, 2016
greenpasture:

A helicopter fitted with inflatable trusses can land on water.
Thank you. At least you didn't insult my parents like the others. cry
Re: Bristow Helicopters Releases Statement On Crashed Aircraft by EbolaParasite: 5:14pm On Feb 03, 2016
holamiday:
grin grin This one even brought my parents into it. I don die o. Just because of single comment. Lalasticlala, Seun make una help me o. grin

Lol. I just had to. You no go vex noni.
Re: Bristow Helicopters Releases Statement On Crashed Aircraft by Dallaslaurel: 5:15pm On Feb 03, 2016
chelseabmw:
Nollywood movie titled

Plane lands on top of water
Re: Bristow Helicopters Releases Statement On Crashed Aircraft by Nobody: 5:17pm On Feb 03, 2016
holamiday:
Thank you. At least you didn't insult my parents like the others. cry

Some people believe insulting people shows how smart they are. They are usually insecure people ignore them. You asked a valid question.
Re: Bristow Helicopters Releases Statement On Crashed Aircraft by Onwanlen: 5:23pm On Feb 03, 2016
[quote author=holamiday post=42584623]I don't get. This explanation is a total sham. A complete scam. An uttter charade.

There is no such thing as a water landing for an aircraft that does not have capabilities to land on water. A regular helicopter lands on water, it sinks immediately. Maybe they meant that the helicopter crashed in the water and all occupants swam to safety.

I think they should tell us more about the type of helicopter.[/

To clear your doubt. Please check out this link and see how helicopters deploy floats and land on water

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHvMMKkCLqg
Re: Bristow Helicopters Releases Statement On Crashed Aircraft by Onwanlen: 5:24pm On Feb 03, 2016
holamiday:
I don't get. This explanation is a total sham. A complete scam. An uttter charade.

To clear your doubt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHvMMKkCLqg
Re: Bristow Helicopters Releases Statement On Crashed Aircraft by oluwabamis(m): 5:26pm On Feb 03, 2016
EbolaParasite:

Helicopters are designed to also land on water, itvwill be stupidbfor an aircraft that fly very close to water not to be able to land on water during emergency.
Re: Bristow Helicopters Releases Statement On Crashed Aircraft by EbolaParasite: 5:33pm On Feb 03, 2016
greenpasture:

Some people believe insulting people shows how smart they are. They are usually insecure people ignore them. You asked a valid question.

Matter already settled. Everyone was just catching trips. No one trying to show smartness or anything.
In reality, do you think that the industry will fly choppers over several nautical miles of water every other hour every day without ensuring that they can at least make an emergency landing? I mean, check am now.

Anyway, I like how @holamiday took the criticisms jare. na good sports be d guy juh. cheesy
Re: Bristow Helicopters Releases Statement On Crashed Aircraft by EbolaParasite: 5:34pm On Feb 03, 2016
oluwabamis:

Helicopters are designed to also land on water, itvwill be stupidbfor an aircraft that fly very close to water not to be able to land on water during emergency.

Abeg why you dey quote me na!
Re: Bristow Helicopters Releases Statement On Crashed Aircraft by Nobody: 5:49pm On Feb 03, 2016
EbolaParasite:

Matter already settled. Everyone was just catching trips. No one trying to show smartness or anything.
In reality, do you think that the industry will fly choppers over several nautical miles of water every other hour every day without ensuring that they can at least make an emergency landing? I mean, check am now.

Anyway, I like how @holamiday took the criticisms jare. na good sports be d guy juh. cheesy

I don't really think insulting people's parents is " catching trips" whatever that means. Also regular helo's don't carry inflatable trusses. Before the last Bristow accident no helicopter in Nigeria was fitted with them, so his question was a fair one. I am sure a lot of the people insulting him had never heard o this device either.

But to each his own standard of what's fair.
Re: Bristow Helicopters Releases Statement On Crashed Aircraft by dunwun: 6:16pm On Feb 03, 2016
It is called ditching oooo!

It's okay if you don't know, but you can just come and say 'there's no such thing as landing on water'... There actually is.

holamiday:

Re: Bristow Helicopters Releases Statement On Crashed Aircraft by rule(m): 6:23pm On Feb 03, 2016
holamiday:

please next time do your research before falling your hand on helicopters safety.there are inflate able float design to launch in the event of control ditching on the skid of bell helicopters while internally design to launch out on sirkosky s76.

1 Like

Re: Bristow Helicopters Releases Statement On Crashed Aircraft by wtfCode: 6:25pm On Feb 03, 2016
poor maintainance.
since the same chopper have had an accident b4 and they're still using it without checking the actual fault.
dem go still comot am 4 that water,dry am,2moro dem go fly am again. if it land 4 pesin roof and kill the family,na then dem go try maintain am...nonsense angry angry angry
Re: Bristow Helicopters Releases Statement On Crashed Aircraft by Felix6: 6:30pm On Feb 03, 2016
landed on water! na hovercraft?
Re: Bristow Helicopters Releases Statement On Crashed Aircraft by cirmuell(m): 6:38pm On Feb 03, 2016
Re: Bristow Helicopters Releases Statement On Crashed Aircraft by jowa16: 6:44pm On Feb 03, 2016
i saw it coming!
Re: Bristow Helicopters Releases Statement On Crashed Aircraft by DerMeister: 7:05pm On Feb 03, 2016
Please if you don't know about these things shut up and stop spewing garbage here. These helicopters have floats that deploy if the helo lands in water. The briefing videos for intending passengers explain this . It is a safety feature.

Effin reta.rds!!! undecided

holamiday:

Re: Bristow Helicopters Releases Statement On Crashed Aircraft by Haishophem(m): 7:46pm On Feb 03, 2016
Keneking:
Amazing clarification

1. 95 nautical miles = 175.94KM equivalent of Lagos to Ibadan (Owo bus-stop) undecided
2. “All persons onboard are accounted for and in the process of being transferred to a nearby installation." What type of installation is this? A military installation, medical installation, romantic installation, refining installation or rehabilitation installation undecided

A nearby installation as in, an offshore platform close to the crash
Re: Bristow Helicopters Releases Statement On Crashed Aircraft by Nobody: 7:53pm On Feb 03, 2016
Haishophem:

A nearby installation as in, an offshore platform close to the crash

So the installation was built for this crash undecided
Re: Bristow Helicopters Releases Statement On Crashed Aircraft by Boeing777pilot: 7:55pm On Feb 03, 2016
holamiday:

Oga calm down.
Most of these people who write these stuffs are not aviation experts so they use wrong terminology.
Re: Bristow Helicopters Releases Statement On Crashed Aircraft by AroOkigbo(m): 7:56pm On Feb 03, 2016
holamiday:

hmmm...smh
You actually wrote dis?
Next time make your comment on a subject that you are conversant with.
This type of Bristow helicopters have floaters to keep them from sinking during such an emergency landing.
Bristow is right!
Re: Bristow Helicopters Releases Statement On Crashed Aircraft by DerMeister: 7:57pm On Feb 03, 2016
This kind of stup.idity causes crashes! undecided

Keneking:

So the installation was built for this crash undecided

1 Like

Re: Bristow Helicopters Releases Statement On Crashed Aircraft by Mollydee88: 7:58pm On Feb 03, 2016
Mr man.
What you don't know you ask....
All statement made about the helicopter landing on water is very true.
The same physics of ''Buoyancy'' that applies to a Ship, Boat, Vessel landing on water is same applied to a Helicopter on landing on water as a result of inflated side mechanism that is deployed on contact with water...
This safety measure is achievable when the pilot tries his best to land the Helicopter safely in a flat position and not otherwise (inclined)..

holamiday:

Re: Bristow Helicopters Releases Statement On Crashed Aircraft by Boeing777pilot: 8:00pm On Feb 03, 2016
popcykaylah:
soro ni yen...the thing crash them dey e land ...when did choppers start landing on water??

Egbon
Google is your best friend ni
Re: Bristow Helicopters Releases Statement On Crashed Aircraft by alatbaba1(m): 8:05pm On Feb 03, 2016
Kreamie:

Wow! 95nautical miles? That's far tho...That's like cruising in a Diamond DA-40 aircraft at a cruise speed of 110knots from Ilorin, Kwara State to Owoh, Ondo state..

And btw, Landing on water must have been an emergency measure...Something must have gone wrong during the flight..

Thank God no life was lost sha...Aviation business is serious business..

U sound like an aviator. Good
Re: Bristow Helicopters Releases Statement On Crashed Aircraft by Nobody: 8:06pm On Feb 03, 2016
DerMeister:
Please if you don't know about these things shut up and stop spewing garbage here. These helicopters have floats that deploy if the helo lands in water. The briefing videos for intending passengers explain this . It is a safety feature.

Effin reta.rds!!! undecided

grin grin the 17th correction arrives. this one is strong. Interesting! He even called me a reta.rd. grin chai. I don suffer today. & when you really need their advice, they keep mute.
Re: Bristow Helicopters Releases Statement On Crashed Aircraft by alatbaba1(m): 8:09pm On Feb 03, 2016
Mollydee88:
Mr man.
The same physics of ''Buoyancy'' that applies to a Ship, Boat, Vessel landing on water is same applied to a Helicopter on landing on water as a result of inflated side mechanism that is deployed on contact with water...
This safety measure is achievable when the pilot tries his best to land the Helicopter safely in a flat position and not otherwise (inclined)..

I was thinking of d reply before I saw ur reply. Some Ppl knw little or nothing abt Hw things works before they jump into conclusion.

Nice reply
Re: Bristow Helicopters Releases Statement On Crashed Aircraft by Nobody: 8:11pm On Feb 03, 2016
Mollydee88:
Mr man.

grin Physics lecture, all coz of one comment made since afternoon.

& when you really need their advice, they keep mute. cry grin
Re: Bristow Helicopters Releases Statement On Crashed Aircraft by Redhotchilli(m): 8:21pm On Feb 03, 2016
holamiday:

Helicopters like every other aircraft are fitted with flotation devices and life rafts hence why it could float

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Beautiful View Of Victoria Island At Night / 2 Reverend Sisters, Driver & Couple Burnt In An Accident In Anambra (Photos) / Doctor Nneoma Uhuegbu Dies In Accident In Abia Sate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.