Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,571 members, 7,958,766 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 11:05 PM

Bristow Helicopters Releases Statement On Crashed Aircraft - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Bristow Helicopters Releases Statement On Crashed Aircraft (40945 Views)

Abimbola Jayeola Captain Of Bristow Helicopter That Ditched In Atlantic Ocean / How The Crashed Bristow Helicopter Was Transported To Lagos (photos) / Lagos-Bound Bristow Helicopter Crashes Into The Ocean (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bristow Helicopters Releases Statement On Crashed Aircraft by Wize1: 8:29pm On Feb 03, 2016
holamiday:
I don't get. This explanation is a total sham. A complete scam. An uttter charade.

There is no such thing as a water landing for an aircraft that does not have capabilities to land on water. A regular helicopter lands on water, it sinks immediately. Maybe they meant that the helicopter crashed in the water and all occupants swam to safety.

I think they should tell us more about the type of the helicopter.

Honestly it's worrisome. Didn't we recently have an helicopter crash into the Lagos Lagoon just few months ago leading to loss of lives?Now this story. Regulators should look into the activities of these private helicopter coys. They are increasingly becoming incompetent. We should not lose precious lives due to corruption, greed and nepotism.
Re: Bristow Helicopters Releases Statement On Crashed Aircraft by EbolaParasite: 9:18pm On Feb 03, 2016
greenpasture:

I don't really think insulting people's parents is " catching trips" whatever that means. Also regular helo's don't carry inflatable trusses. Before the last Bristow accident no helicopter in Nigeria was fitted with them, so his question was a fair one. I am sure a lot of the people insulting him had never heard o this device either.

But to each his own standard of what's fair.

My friend "come and go and sit down juh"
1. I didnt insult his parents.
2. You know nothing about offshore activities in naija
3. Look at you saying no chopper was fitted as if you work for bristow. You are MEGA wrong. Anyway, case closed
Re: Bristow Helicopters Releases Statement On Crashed Aircraft by sassygal(f): 10:29pm On Feb 03, 2016
To think that at 6mill per hour, Bristoe will have well maintained fleet.
Re: Bristow Helicopters Releases Statement On Crashed Aircraft by billyG(m): 11:05pm On Feb 03, 2016
ignorant no good oo!many buffon no no say chopper they ditch on water 2 bad,modern chopper has inflatable pad on its side which inflates on touching water. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Bristow Helicopters Releases Statement On Crashed Aircraft by Osezzua(m): 3:37am On Feb 04, 2016
holamiday:
& the 15th mention arrives. All claiming to be offshore workers. grin

Yes Mr Osezzua, i understand.

I pity you, I never mentioned anywhere that I work offshore. Stop being sarcastic. Nairaland would have been spared all these if you had taken a little more time to ask Google to confirm ur assumptions.

1 Like

Re: Bristow Helicopters Releases Statement On Crashed Aircraft by Braaad: 7:34am On Feb 04, 2016
you sound like you dont know much about those craft....they are fitted with floater that deploy once they land on water, so the craft WILL NOT sink. what happened there was a controlled landing on water.

holamiday:
I don't get. This explanation is a total sham. A complete scam. An uttter charade.

There is no such thing as a water landing for an aircraft that does not have capabilities to land on water. A regular helicopter lands on water, it sinks immediately. Maybe they meant that the helicopter crashed in the water and all occupants swam to safety.

I think they should tell us more about the type of helicopter.
Re: Bristow Helicopters Releases Statement On Crashed Aircraft by seangy4konji: 10:33am On Feb 04, 2016
The fear if Bristol is the beginning of wisdom.
Re: Bristow Helicopters Releases Statement On Crashed Aircraft by Opinedecandid(m): 1:17pm On Feb 04, 2016
Aitee1:
Ooooh God!

Ujai, umboro ke mail ami o.
Atiedie?
Re: Bristow Helicopters Releases Statement On Crashed Aircraft by Nobody: 2:25pm On Feb 04, 2016
Ekun123:
Nigerians, why are you displaying ignorance on social media? You don't know that helicopter can land on water. Go to goggle or youtube and be a little bit more informed. If you don't know, helicopter can land on water because it has inflatable system that sustain above the water.

They thought it was a toyota corolla. cheesy
Re: Bristow Helicopters Releases Statement On Crashed Aircraft by Nobody: 3:54pm On Feb 04, 2016
EbolaParasite:

My friend "come and go and sit down juh"
1. I didnt insult his parents.
2. You know nothing about offshore activities in naija
3. Look at you saying no chopper was fitted as if you work for bristow. You are MEGA wrong. Anyway, case closed

I may not know about offshore activities but I do know helicopters. Just compare the trusses on the Sikorsky in the second picture and the ones in the first picture that was recovered. What's the differences? Inflatables. Now check the picture (third) of the ill-fated Sikorsky that went down six months ago. Notice any inflatables? Nope. Basically the company has now taken extra measures that were not in place previously. Yet you went at the guy as if he was foolish for asking a perfectly fair question.
Instead of majoring in polemic, just do the research. Using generalities such as the ones in your Nos 2 and 3 above doesn't cut it. You can't get away with stuff like this on the internet anymore.

Re: Bristow Helicopters Releases Statement On Crashed Aircraft by EbolaParasite: 5:01pm On Feb 04, 2016
greenpasture:

I may not know about offshore activities but I do know helicopters. Just compare the trusses on the Sikorsky in the second picture and the ones in the first picture that was recovered. What's the differences? Inflatables. Now check the picture (third) of the ill-fated Sikorsky that went down six months ago. Notice any inflatables? Nope. Basically the company has now taken extra measures that were not in place previously. Yet you went at the guy as if he was foolish for asking a perfectly fair question.
Instead of majoring in polemic, just do the research. Using generalities such as the ones in your Nos 2 and 3 above doesn't cut it. You can't get away with stuff like this on the internet anymore.

What is this one saying. The crash that happened six months ago was not a controlled landing. The pilots probably lost control after the "failure"
On the other hand, the recent one was a controlled landing, hence the deployment of floats.

Anyway, you are the one trying to create an unnecessary issue here. Fact is, the original statement by holam was ignorant. People pounced on him. He took it like a big boy. Kini big deal. Why are you "drinking" panadol for another mans malaria??
Abeg park well.
Re: Bristow Helicopters Releases Statement On Crashed Aircraft by gemale(m): 6:25pm On Feb 04, 2016
holamiday:

I think they should tell us more about the type of helicopter.
U neva watch expendables 1? U no c say d plane wey dem use 4 dt film fit land on top water? Dem dey call am amphibious aircraft.
Re: Bristow Helicopters Releases Statement On Crashed Aircraft by Nobody: 9:11pm On Feb 04, 2016
EbolaParasite:

What is this one saying. The crash that happened six months ago was not a controlled landing. The pilots probably lost control after the "failure"
On the other hand, the recent one was a controlled landing, hence the deployment of floats.

Anyway, you are the one trying to create an unnecessary issue here. Fact is, the original statement by holam was ignorant. People pounced on him. He took it like a big boy. Kini big deal. Why are you "drinking" panadol for another mans malaria??
Abeg park well.

I keep coming back to you for several reasons. First because you believe that online bullying is " catching trips" Second you are trying to make peace with a social misdemeanor by saying your victim " took it well". Finally you still don't understand that the average "helo" is not float enabled and that it needs to be specially kitted for such purposes.

Look, I know "hazing" is popular on public forums ( especially to young people trying to earn their spurs by savaging others they feel are momentarily vulnerabe) but rejoicing in the fact that " people pounced" on him is group think to the highest degree. You don't authenticate wrong behaviour by saying other people also did it. Nobody should be slammed for asking a question. And I his case the question wasn't even wrong. I am taking panadol for him because wherever I see people like you who run with packs to savage others, I will call you out. It's what you represent that irks me.

1 Like

Re: Bristow Helicopters Releases Statement On Crashed Aircraft by EbolaParasite: 9:39pm On Feb 04, 2016
greenpasture:

I keep coming back to you for several reasons. First because you believe that online bullying is " catching trips" Second you are trying to make peace with a social misdemeanor by saying your victim " took it well". Finally you still don't understand that the average "helo" is not float enabled and that it needs to be specially kitted for such purposes.

Look, I know "hazing" is popular on public forums ( especially to young people trying to earn their spurs by savaging others they feel are momentarily vulnerabe) but rejoicing in the fact that " people pounced" on him is group think to the highest degree. You don't authenticate wrong behaviour by saying other people also did it. Nobody should be slammed for asking a question. And I his case the question wasn't even wrong. I am taking panadol for him because wherever I see people like you who run with packs to savage others, I will call you out. It's what you represent that irks me.

Now I am really getting pissed. Stop trying to preach humility to me ok. Do that in REAL life not ONLINE. You keep spewing rubbish about "REGULAR" helos not being equipped. We are not talking about choppers carrying your coolfm meterologists around lagos. We are talking about choppers that fly 99% of the time over the atlantic and you are here talking nonsense about them not being equipped. Small time now, you will claim that offshore workers don't do Bossiett or Huet. You know nothing about this so keep quiet. Are you this ignorant. We are talking about craft chartered by Operators to carry OFFSHORE workers to rigs and platforms. I work OFFSHORE so I would know. You need to let it go because you are starting to look ridiculous.

The person I referenced took it well so please STFU. I merely stated "Chisos, see how you embarrassed your parents online" and you want to turn that to bullying the guy. No be me you go use do Jesus today. Park well.
Re: Bristow Helicopters Releases Statement On Crashed Aircraft by Haishophem(m): 3:28am On Feb 05, 2016
Keneking:

So the installation was built for this crash undecided

I'm not saying the installation was built for the crash. But the thing is, in as much as there are offshore platforms on the high sea, anyone of the installation close to the crash area could have been used for first aid treatment of the victims pending the time proper assistance come around.
Re: Bristow Helicopters Releases Statement On Crashed Aircraft by Nobody: 10:14am On Feb 05, 2016
EbolaParasite:

Now I am really getting pissed. Stop trying to preach humility to me ok. Do that in REAL life not ONLINE. You keep spewing rubbish about "REGULAR" helos not being equipped. We are not talking about choppers carrying your coolfm meterologists around lagos. We are talking about choppers that fly 99% of the time over the atlantic and you are here talking nonsense about them not being equipped. Small time now, you will claim that offshore workers don't do Bossiett or Huet. You know nothing about this so keep quiet. Are you this ignorant. We are talking about craft chartered by Operators to carry OFFSHORE workers to rigs and platforms. I work OFFSHORE so I would know. You need to let it go because you are starting to look ridiculous.

The person I referenced took it well so please STFU. I merely stated "Chisos, see how you embarrassed your parents online" and you want to turn that to bullying the guy. No be me you go use do Jesus today. Park well.

You've said it all. Thanks for making my points in your outburst.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Passengers Travelling From Katsina To Kano Burnt To Death In Accident. Graphic / 14 Passengers Die In Accident On Lokoja-Obajana Road (Photos) / Any Nigerian In Czech Republic?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.