Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,793 members, 7,817,288 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:34 AM

Bristow Helicopters Releases Statement On Crashed Aircraft - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Bristow Helicopters Releases Statement On Crashed Aircraft (40681 Views)

Abimbola Jayeola Captain Of Bristow Helicopter That Ditched In Atlantic Ocean / How The Crashed Bristow Helicopter Was Transported To Lagos (photos) / Lagos-Bound Bristow Helicopter Crashes Into The Ocean (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bristow Helicopters Releases Statement On Crashed Aircraft by Mariner007: 3:48pm On Feb 03, 2016
Have a look at some instances where the EFS is in operation! Don't doubt yet!

2 Likes

Re: Bristow Helicopters Releases Statement On Crashed Aircraft by Adminisher: 3:48pm On Feb 03, 2016
holamiday:
I don't get. This explanation is a total sham. A complete scam. An uttter charade.

There is no such thing as a water landing for an aircraft that does not have capabilities to land on water. A regular helicopter lands on water, it sinks immediately. Maybe they meant that the helicopter crashed in the water and all occupants swam to safety.

I think they should tell us more about the type of helicopter.

What kind of talk is this?. People don't know anything about a topic and they would be posting. No chopper is certified for offshore operations if it does not have floatation devices and life jackets. Even planes flying on dry land can float and use of life jackets is part of every safety briefing. This Nairaland is becoming a hall of ignorance

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bristow Helicopters Releases Statement On Crashed Aircraft by Mariner007: 3:48pm On Feb 03, 2016
Pesuzok:
How did it land on water

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bristow Helicopters Releases Statement On Crashed Aircraft by hopilo: 3:48pm On Feb 03, 2016
[quote author=Pesuzok post=42585105]How did it land on water[/quote
on both sides of that helicopter, floaters are installed, the activate automatically on slight impact on water to keep it afloat. the door are jettison in a manner that that will not puncture the floater, a raft is inflated for the passengers to set into a wait for resue, if during the wait the helicopter start to sink, you detach the raft from the helicopter and drift away till rescue come.
Re: Bristow Helicopters Releases Statement On Crashed Aircraft by Mariner007: 3:49pm On Feb 03, 2016
Adminisher:

What kind of talk is this?. People don't know anything about a topic and they would be posting. No chopper is certified for offshore operations if it does not have floatation devices and life jackets. Even planes flying on dry land can float and use of life jackets is part of every safety briefing. This Nairaland is becoming a hall of ignorance

Ignorance is to be blamed man!

1 Like

Re: Bristow Helicopters Releases Statement On Crashed Aircraft by chubbygal(f): 3:49pm On Feb 03, 2016
All thanks to Chineke!! onye di ike na ebubu .

Re: Bristow Helicopters Releases Statement On Crashed Aircraft by idealsico(m): 3:50pm On Feb 03, 2016
I didn't mean to embarrass you. I have myself undergone the training and do go offshore. I haven't gone with Bristow nor have I been involved in any incident.
holamiday:
grin Boys!! Always quick to jump at any opportunity to show they know. I've noted that. Thank you.
Re: Bristow Helicopters Releases Statement On Crashed Aircraft by Nobody: 3:54pm On Feb 03, 2016
Adminisher:

grin grin Don't burst into tears o cool
Re: Bristow Helicopters Releases Statement On Crashed Aircraft by banio: 4:12pm On Feb 03, 2016
My concern is that these companies don't pay these workers good money. When then die by helicopter crash na banza. Govt should pls make laws that will make these oil companies staff or insure everybody working on their platforms

1 Like

Re: Bristow Helicopters Releases Statement On Crashed Aircraft by Nobody: 4:13pm On Feb 03, 2016
Bristol is damaging its reputation .

1 Like

Re: Bristow Helicopters Releases Statement On Crashed Aircraft by aoshi: 4:19pm On Feb 03, 2016
holamiday:
I don't get. This explanation is a total sham. A complete scam. An uttter charade.

There is no such thing as a water landing for an aircraft that does not have capabilities to land on water. A regular helicopter lands on water, it sinks immediately. Maybe they meant that the helicopter crashed in the water and all occupants swam to safety.

Bros, you need to read more on the aircraft naaaa. Also check with the HUET and SAS trainings.
It would be quite helpful
Re: Bristow Helicopters Releases Statement On Crashed Aircraft by gazilion: 4:21pm On Feb 03, 2016
holamiday:
I don't get. [s]This explanation is a total sham. A complete scam. An uttter charade.
[/s]

Bros, I worked offshore for so many years and in different countries. I have a BOSIET/HUET Training from Aberdeen.
It is possible for a chopper to land (ditch) safely on water for evacuation!!
We should be happy the guys are safe and stop rushing to condemn anything we do not understand.

2 Likes

Re: Bristow Helicopters Releases Statement On Crashed Aircraft by anonimi: 4:22pm On Feb 03, 2016
holamiday:

Oga please note that today is Wednesday, 03 February 2016 i.e. eight months and five days since May 29, 2015 when we entered the season movie of:

- Total SHAM
- Complete SCAM
- Utter CHARADE

starring

Lead actor- Sai Buubu
Supporting- Comical LIE Mohammed

1 Like

Re: Bristow Helicopters Releases Statement On Crashed Aircraft by aoshi: 4:23pm On Feb 03, 2016
Adminisher:

Seconded. Saying that Nairaland is becoming a ''hall of ignorance'' is far too kind.

2 Likes

Re: Bristow Helicopters Releases Statement On Crashed Aircraft by Nobody: 4:23pm On Feb 03, 2016
gazilion:

Bros, I worked offshore for so many years and in different countries. I have a BOSIET/HUET Training from Aberdeen.
It is possible for a chopper to land (ditch) safely on water for evacuation!!
We should be happy the guys are safe and stop rushing to condemn anything we do not understand.
grin So interesting. Everyone who quoted that comment has used the opportunity to boast a little. grin I get you.
Cheers!
Re: Bristow Helicopters Releases Statement On Crashed Aircraft by ad84ada(m): 4:24pm On Feb 03, 2016
holamiday:

Bro, pls don't depend only on assumptions alone, do your research eh. I am privileged to fly a chopper at least once a week and I assure you. Ditching can be done on water, your can even inflate a raft (attached to the chopper) and use it as an escape means. A crash may sink a chopper but if it's flying over water and there's a problem, the pilot may choose to equip ditching procedure on water.

1 Like

Re: Bristow Helicopters Releases Statement On Crashed Aircraft by Nobody: 4:25pm On Feb 03, 2016
anonimi:

Oga please note that today is Wednesday, 03 February 2016 i.e. eight months and five days since May 29, 2015 when we entered the season movie of:

- Total SHAM
- Complete SCAM
- Utter CHARADE

starring

Lead actor- Sai Buubu
Supporting- Comical LIE Mohammed
grin Offshore workers don finish me ontop that comment. Some say they be helicopter sef. grin

4 Likes

Re: Bristow Helicopters Releases Statement On Crashed Aircraft by Nobody: 4:26pm On Feb 03, 2016
ad84ada:
Bro, pls don't depend only on assumptions alone, do your research eh. I am privileged to fly a chopper at least once a week and I assure you. Ditching can be done on water, your can even inflate a raft (attached to the chopper) and use it as an escape means. A crash may sink a chopper but if it's flying over water and there's a problem, the pilot choose to equip ditching procedure on water.
grin So interesting. Everyone who quoted that comment has used the opportunity to boast a little. grin I get you.
Cheers!
Re: Bristow Helicopters Releases Statement On Crashed Aircraft by anonimi: 4:30pm On Feb 03, 2016
holamiday:
grin Offshore workers don finish me ontop that comment. Some say they be helicopter sef. grin

I think they may have some points sha oh. cheesy
Nevertheless na SCAM season we dey, so every man wey no be zombie must to proceed and process all information, news and stories with a big C caution grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bristow Helicopters Releases Statement On Crashed Aircraft by ad84ada(m): 4:34pm On Feb 03, 2016
holamiday:
Cheers!
Bro no be boast, I was surprised at how sure you sounded or is it that what your ears wanted to hear is bad news at all means. God sha don do chopper levels. Na ahead we dey look! Things like oil price getting back to 100 dollars a barrel.

1 Like

Re: Bristow Helicopters Releases Statement On Crashed Aircraft by horlahwhunmie(m): 4:38pm On Feb 03, 2016
[quote author=Keneking post=42584637]Amazing clarification

1. 95 nautical miles = 175.94KM equivalent of Lagos to Ibadan (Owo bus-stop) undecided
2. “All persons onboard are accounted for and in the process of being transferred to a nearby installation." What type of installation is this? You are a genius for doing that calculation, how did you come about that? Is it a GPS? Or there is a formular for that?
Re: Bristow Helicopters Releases Statement On Crashed Aircraft by Osezzua(m): 4:38pm On Feb 03, 2016
holamiday:

bros if u don't know, pls there's no crime in seeking clarification rather than embarrassing urself with ur ignorance.

Most choppers used in the oil industry has the capability to land on water in case of emergency . Do u understand now?

2 Likes

Re: Bristow Helicopters Releases Statement On Crashed Aircraft by Oke4orom(m): 4:38pm On Feb 03, 2016
holamiday:

Please try not to show your ignorance on issues you know little or nothing about. During emergency situations flying above a body of water, a float fixed under the chopper can be activated by the pilot or other persons on board in case the pilots are already unconcious before then. That is why people are trained in allthese kind of situations when they go for their bosiet training. Basic offshore safety induction and emergency training. All oil and gas workers who go offshore can give you more insight. So be guided when you want to shine unnecessarily.

2 Likes

Re: Bristow Helicopters Releases Statement On Crashed Aircraft by Nobody: 4:39pm On Feb 03, 2016
holamiday:

Please don't dabble into things you don't understand. The craft involved is a sikosky s76c++. It can land on water.

For your information, only helicopters capable of landing on water is used for offshore crew change

2 Likes

Re: Bristow Helicopters Releases Statement On Crashed Aircraft by Nobody: 4:44pm On Feb 03, 2016
Oke4orom:

Please try not to show your ignorance on issues you know little or nothing about. During emergency situations flying above a body of water, a float fixed under the chopper can be activated by the pilot or other persons on board in case the pilots are already unconcious before then. That is why people are trained in allthese kind of situations when they go for their bosiet training. Basic offshore safety induction and emergency training. All oil and gas workers who go offshore can give you more insight. So be guided when you want to shine unnecessarily.
See the pains you took to explain this. If i had asked for a simple help you'd have ignored me. Nigerians sha, very quick to correct.
Re: Bristow Helicopters Releases Statement On Crashed Aircraft by trappatoni(m): 4:44pm On Feb 03, 2016
holamiday:
Cheers!
u don enter am today. The whole of the milky way will quote your statement today. Just go and modify the statement to prevent others from quoting you. Instead of replying almost everyone that quoted you just modify the damn statement. Damage control holamiday

1 Like

Re: Bristow Helicopters Releases Statement On Crashed Aircraft by Nobody: 4:45pm On Feb 03, 2016
Osezzua:

bros if u don't know, pls there's no crime in seeking clarification rather than embarrassing urself with ur ignorance.

Most choppers used in the oil industry has the capability to land on water in case of emergency . Do u understand now?
& the 15th mention arrives. All claiming to be offshore workers. grin

Yes Mr Osezzua, i understand.
Re: Bristow Helicopters Releases Statement On Crashed Aircraft by Nobody: 4:46pm On Feb 03, 2016
doug:

Please don't dabble into things you don't understand. The craft involved is a sikosky s76c++. It can land on water.

For your information, only helicopters capable of landing on water is used for offshore crew change
& the 16th correction arrives. Everyone claiming to be offshore workers. grin
Re: Bristow Helicopters Releases Statement On Crashed Aircraft by Ekun123: 4:49pm On Feb 03, 2016
Nigerians, why are you displaying ignorance on social media? You don't know that helicopter can land on water. Go to goggle or youtube and be a little bit more informed. If you don't know, helicopter can land on water because it has inflatable system that sustain above the water.
Re: Bristow Helicopters Releases Statement On Crashed Aircraft by EbolaParasite: 4:50pm On Feb 03, 2016
holamiday:

Chisos. See Ignorance. See how you have disgraced your parents online

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bristow Helicopters Releases Statement On Crashed Aircraft by Nobody: 4:59pm On Feb 03, 2016
EbolaParasite:

Chisos. See Ignorance. See how you have disgraced your parents online
grin grin This one even brought my parents into it. I don die o. Just because of single comment. Lalasticlala, Seun make una help me o. grin
Re: Bristow Helicopters Releases Statement On Crashed Aircraft by Nobody: 5:00pm On Feb 03, 2016

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Danfo Bus Bashes A Ferrari At Lekki Tollgate (video) / Lady’s Leg Cut, Others Seriously Injured As A Danfo Collides With A Truck / Accident At Otukpo-Enugu Round About Kills Many (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.