Stats: 3,195,396 members, 7,958,145 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 09:41 AM

Bristow Helicopters Releases Statement On Crashed Aircraft - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Bristow Helicopters Releases Statement On Crashed Aircraft (40944 Views)

Abimbola Jayeola Captain Of Bristow Helicopter That Ditched In Atlantic Ocean / How The Crashed Bristow Helicopter Was Transported To Lagos (photos) / Lagos-Bound Bristow Helicopter Crashes Into The Ocean (2) (3) (4)

Re: Bristow Helicopters Releases Statement On Crashed Aircraft by Ask4bigneyo(m): 3:11pm On Feb 03, 2016
Aitee1:
Ooooh God!
I see u
Re: Bristow Helicopters Releases Statement On Crashed Aircraft by hardhedhoyin(m): 3:12pm On Feb 03, 2016
May God help us
Re: Bristow Helicopters Releases Statement On Crashed Aircraft by UNANews: 3:13pm On Feb 03, 2016
Bristow Again! Relevant Agencies Need To Check Their Helicopters.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.una.news&hl=en
Re: Bristow Helicopters Releases Statement On Crashed Aircraft by Nobody: 3:14pm On Feb 03, 2016
Re: Bristow Helicopters Releases Statement On Crashed Aircraft by ocelot2006(m): 3:14pm On Feb 03, 2016
holamiday:
I don't get. This explanation is a total sham. A complete scam. An uttter charade.

There is no such thing as a water landing for an aircraft that does not have capabilities to land on water. A regular helicopter lands on water, it sinks immediately. Maybe they meant that the helicopter crashed in the water and all occupants swam to safety.

I think they should tell us more about the type of helicopter.

I want to assume that it's one of their numerous Super Puma helo involved . If so, it is possible if rigged with floatation devices.

Re: Bristow Helicopters Releases Statement On Crashed Aircraft by Barezzi(m): 3:14pm On Feb 03, 2016
holamiday:
I don't get. This explanation is a total sham. A complete scam. An uttter charade.

There is no such thing as a water landing for an aircraft that does not have capabilities to land on water. A regular helicopter lands on water, it sinks immediately. Maybe they meant that the helicopter crashed in the water and all occupants swam to safety.

Stop displaying ur ignorance in public...
The helicopter, Sikorsky S-76C++, is capable of controlled/uncontrolled ditching. They're equipped with EFS (Emergency Floatation System) that
automatically deploy upon water contact.

Re: Bristow Helicopters Releases Statement On Crashed Aircraft by Nobody: 3:14pm On Feb 03, 2016
popcykaylah:
soro ni yen...the thing crash them dey e land ...when did choppers start landing on water??
Actually, there are helicopters and planes that land/move on water.

Re: Bristow Helicopters Releases Statement On Crashed Aircraft by Kenzico(m): 3:15pm On Feb 03, 2016
Long-Short Story
Re: Bristow Helicopters Releases Statement On Crashed Aircraft by sleetwreck(m): 3:19pm On Feb 03, 2016
Sikorsky helicopters sure do have the ability to float on water for a while. Hence!
Re: Bristow Helicopters Releases Statement On Crashed Aircraft by Pesuzok(m): 3:20pm On Feb 03, 2016
How did it land on water

Re: Bristow Helicopters Releases Statement On Crashed Aircraft by sleetwreck(m): 3:20pm On Feb 03, 2016
Even the Airbus.
Re: Bristow Helicopters Releases Statement On Crashed Aircraft by Jarus(m): 3:20pm On Feb 03, 2016
Good job by the pilot. Thank God.

Re: Bristow Helicopters Releases Statement On Crashed Aircraft by Tosky001: 3:21pm On Feb 03, 2016
Thank God for life. Oba Akiolu should reverse the curse otherwise .................Oba ro nu o|
Re: Bristow Helicopters Releases Statement On Crashed Aircraft by Nobody: 3:21pm On Feb 03, 2016
Barezzi:

The helicopter, Sikorsky S-76C++, is capable of controlled/uncontrolled ditching. They're equipped with floats that
Mr Knowledge, out of my way!
Re: Bristow Helicopters Releases Statement On Crashed Aircraft by Barezzi(m): 3:23pm On Feb 03, 2016
holamiday:
Mr Knowledge, out of my way!
tongue
Re: Bristow Helicopters Releases Statement On Crashed Aircraft by zonax(m): 3:23pm On Feb 03, 2016
Bristow. Same company whose helicop had an accident in 2015 and lives were lost. Issorit
Re: Bristow Helicopters Releases Statement On Crashed Aircraft by hopilo: 3:28pm On Feb 03, 2016
Controlled ditching training is done for both oil worker passengers and pilots in preparation for a day like this. Thank God the training procedures worked for this crew today.

Re: Bristow Helicopters Releases Statement On Crashed Aircraft by idealsico(m): 3:31pm On Feb 03, 2016
I pardon your ignorance. Most helicopters for offshore operations are equipped to land safely on the sea during emergencies as this. It is called 'ditching'.The helicopter activates a mechnism that enables it remain afloat until resue team arrives. Personnel on offshore assignments compulsorily undergo survival training called HUET Helicopter Underwater Escape Training to survive such incidents. The training is compulsory for everybody that works offshore.
holamiday:

Re: Bristow Helicopters Releases Statement On Crashed Aircraft by tete7000(m): 3:31pm On Feb 03, 2016
holamiday:

Helicopter can ditch - that is temporarily float on top of water to allow evacuation of occupants and prevent an uncontrolled crash. Its legs are equipped with floats that can be deployed if need be.

Re: Bristow Helicopters Releases Statement On Crashed Aircraft by truthspeaks: 3:32pm On Feb 03, 2016
grin wch watch, rolex or swatch
damilareoye:
This company should be under watch....

Re: Bristow Helicopters Releases Statement On Crashed Aircraft by Akaujaa(m): 3:33pm On Feb 03, 2016
Good public relations management@Bristow
Re: Bristow Helicopters Releases Statement On Crashed Aircraft by agog: 3:34pm On Feb 03, 2016
the story is somehow, seem more is laden in it than what we re being told now.
lets hope there wont be a story that touches the heart later on this..

holamiday:

Re: Bristow Helicopters Releases Statement On Crashed Aircraft by davoremix(m): 3:35pm On Feb 03, 2016
Kreamie:

Wow! 95nautical miles? That's far tho...That's like cruising in a Diamond DA-40 aircraft at a cruise speed of 110knots from Ilorin, Kwara State to Owoh, Ondo state..

And btw, Landing on water must have been an emergency measure...Something must have gone wrong during the flight..

Thank God no life was lost sha...Aviation business is serious business..

I tell you, my man
Re: Bristow Helicopters Releases Statement On Crashed Aircraft by damilareoye: 3:35pm On Feb 03, 2016
truthspeaks:
grin wch watch, rolex or swatch
plastic watch grin
Re: Bristow Helicopters Releases Statement On Crashed Aircraft by Samtowo(m): 3:36pm On Feb 03, 2016
holamiday:

Sikorsky S-76C++ aircrafts are built to land on water should the need arise.., they do have inflatable landing gears that keeps the aircraft floating. The Pilot for some reasons decided to land the aircraft on water to avoid a crash.., Its called a Controlled Ditch... FYI

Re: Bristow Helicopters Releases Statement On Crashed Aircraft by hopilo: 3:37pm On Feb 03, 2016
Barezzi:

The helicopter, Sikorsky S-76C++, is capable of controlled/uncontrolled ditching. They're equipped with EFS (Emergency Floatation System) that
In Niaraland you meet characters. The guy is so quick to call it a sham. I fly the sikorsky and Bell every other week across the ocean and the most uncomfortable period in flight is when we fly over land because in emergency, control ditching is most suitable in water and survival chance is high because of the floating device. The first crash last year was uncontrolled.

Re: Bristow Helicopters Releases Statement On Crashed Aircraft by Nobody: 3:38pm On Feb 03, 2016
idealsico:
I pardon your ignorance. Most helicopters for offshore operations are equipped to land safely on the sea during emergencies as this. It is called 'ditching'.The helicopter activates a mechnism that enables it remain afloat until resue team arrives. Personnel on offshore assignments compulsorily undergo survival training called HUET Helicopter Underwater Escape Training to survive such incidents. The training is compulsory for everybody that works offshore.
grin Boys!! Always quick to jump at any opportunity to show they know. I've noted that. Thank you.

Re: Bristow Helicopters Releases Statement On Crashed Aircraft by Nobody: 3:40pm On Feb 03, 2016
Samtowo:
Sikorsky S-76C++ aircrafts are built to land on water should the need arise.., they do have inflatable landing gears that keeps the aircraft floating. The Pilot for some reasons decided to land the aircraft on water to avoid a crash.., Its called a Controlled Ditch... FYI
Yeah i forgot google was close-by. Thank you.

Re: Bristow Helicopters Releases Statement On Crashed Aircraft by Nobody: 3:41pm On Feb 03, 2016
idealsico:
grin Boys!! Always quick to jump at any opportunity to show they know. I forgot google was closeby. I've noted that. Thank you.

Re: Bristow Helicopters Releases Statement On Crashed Aircraft by Mariner007: 3:41pm On Feb 03, 2016
Re: Bristow Helicopters Releases Statement On Crashed Aircraft by Nobody: 3:45pm On Feb 03, 2016
holamiday:

lols... there is water landing when it comes to helicopter landing. The pilot knew the aircraft would crash and so, he must have alerted all occupant to brace for an impact while he lands on water. That's why the bosiet and huet training is essential for offshore workers.
Re: Bristow Helicopters Releases Statement On Crashed Aircraft by trappatoni(m): 3:46pm On Feb 03, 2016
Keneking:
Amazing clarification

1. 95 nautical miles = 175.94KM equivalent of Lagos to Ibadan (Owo bus-stop) undecided
2. “All persons onboard are accounted for and in the process of being transferred to a nearby installation." What type of installation is this? A military installation, medical installation, romantic installation, refining installation or rehabilitation installation undecided
seriously i'm beginning to think these Bristow guys don't value human lives. Second crash in just a couple of months and they come up with this? They should better look into their operations.

Any Nigerian In Czech Republic? / Passengers Travelling From Katsina To Kano Burnt To Death In Accident. Graphic / 14 Passengers Die In Accident On Lokoja-Obajana Road (Photos)