Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,030 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:59 PM

My Son Lied On Blood Oath, Says Alausa’s Dad, Awujale Too Denies It - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Son Lied On Blood Oath, Says Alausa’s Dad, Awujale Too Denies It (5216 Views)

Evidence Magu, EFCC Chairman Lied On ‘No Petition Against APC Members-Thewhistle / Buhari, A 'Man Of Integrity', Lied Under Oath - Femi Aribisala / Ogun G15 Lawmakers In Blood Oath Scandal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Son Lied On Blood Oath, Says Alausa’s Dad, Awujale Too Denies It by moneygurl: 4:16pm On Jul 01, 2009
THERE is no respite yet for the embattled Ogun State lawmaker and member of the G15 in the House of Assembly, Mr. Wale Alausa, who, has been enmeshed in a blood oath-taking scandal.

Alausa represents Ijebu-Ode State Constituency in the House.

All the people he fingered of knowing about the scandal, including his father, Chief Agboola Alausa, yesterday described him as ‘a bloody liar.’

In his first open reaction to the details of the oath-taking scandal and the accompanying pictures in which Alausa was naked in an Ijebu-Igbo shrine, published by the Nigerian Compass on Monday, the disgraced lawmaker claimed that he decided to take the oath after the Awujale of Ijebuland, Oba Sikiru Kayode Adetona, prevailed on his father.

But the revered paramount ruler of Ijebuland told him yesterday to tell that to the marines.

Alausa said at a press conference in Lagos: “It may surprise you to know that my father is the Chairman of the Ogun East Senatorial District of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP). He is a well-respected title holder as the Otun Balogun of Ijebuland. Following our action against Oseni (former Speaker) last year, pressures were mounted on my father to prevail on me to withdraw my support for the Speaker, Rt. Hon. Tunji Egbetokun. My father knows he has a principled son. His response to Otunba Gbenga Daniel each time such pressure came was that his son is an adult with a family of his own, who is able to take decisions without recourse to him.

“Nevertheless, he did not budge. He left me to decide what is best for my constituency without putting any pressure on me. But the involvement of our royal father, the Awujale of Ijebuland, Oba Sikiru Adetona, by (Otunba Gbenga) Daniel, I believe, made my father bend a rule which he imbibed in us from childhood that once we believe in something, we should face it squarely without fear of anyone except Almighty Allah (SWT).”

[b]Oba Adetona, however, rubbished the claim of his involvement in the fetish act.

The monarch, who spoke through his Secretary, Mrs. Fisayo Akudu, said: “It is all lies and in any event, there is no coherence and logic in his claim. For instance, the day Titi (Sodunke-Oseni) was removed from office, the governor was not in the country. It was three days after that he arrived. You can see that this young man is lying.

“Also, Oba Adetona and other royal fathers were invited to Sagamu the third day after the governor’s arrival when Governor Daniel held a party for Babangida (former self-styled military president). It was there that the Awujale, alongside other obas, intervened and met all the lawmakers and they begged them and that was it.

“It is all lies. Kabiyesi knew nothing about blood oath-taking; he was not involved. Kabiyesi is a well-respected Oba and his name should not be dragged into this.”

Besides, the father of the embattled lawmaker confirmed that Oba Adetona knew nothing about the exercise.

Chief Alausa also reaffirmed the non-involvement of the Awujale in the scandal yesterday.

“I want to confirm to the whole world that there was no time the Awujale asked me or gave me pressure to persuade or compel my son to go and take an oath for Governor Gbenga Daniel. There is nothing like that,” he said yesterday, even as he insisted that his words should be quoted correctly.

Prodded further, the elder Alausa refused more comments on the issue, saying: “Please, don’t draw me into any newspaper comment. Eyi ti e se fun mi yi tito (enough of this embarrassment for me).”

Also yesterday, council chairmen in the state, who were similarly fingered by Alausa in the oath-taking in which each of the lawmakers allegedly pledged his or her first child, described him as ‘a confused man.’

They said his confusion has led him to embark on desperate and frantic efforts to distort hard facts surrounding his scandalous blood oath-taking.

They challenged him to publish the names of the affected council chairmen, if he had his facts right, otherwise, they asked all right-thinking people to ignore him.

Those who reacted were the chairmen of Remo North, Abeokuta North, Yewa North and Ado-Odo/Ota Local Government areas.

The Chairman of Remo North Local Government, Mr. John Obafemi, told the Nigerian Compass in a telephone interview that the lawmaker’s allegation was a tissue of lies, adding: “He is a disgrace to the ruling PDP.”

His words: “Whatever Alausa has said about local government chairmen are just blatant lies. From what I’ve read about him so far, one would have realised that Wale Alausa is a liar.”[/b]

Obafemi, who doubles as the state chapter Chairman of the Association of Local Governments of Nigeria (ALGON), maintained that no council boss swore to any oath as claimed by the embattled lawmaker.

“I’m close to Governor Daniel and all the local government chairmen. Nobody ever swore to any oath. I’m ashamed of Alausa. He is a disgrace to all of us in the PDP. By now, I thought he would have resigned from the House of Assembly and tendered a public apology to his wife and his children, if he has children.

“Please, count everything he has said as lies,” Obafemi insisted.

His Abeokuta North Local Government counterpart, Abeeb Ajayi, said there was no need for any chairman in the state to swear to a blood oath.

“It is not true that we swore to an oath. I didn’t engage in such things. As a matter of fact, there was no need for it. Daniel is not a man of fetish character,” he stated.

Ajayi pointed out that there was no moral justification for Alausa to continue to remain in the state legislature, urging him to resign his position immediately.

Evangelist Olusoji Eweje of Yewa North Local Government also faulted the lawmaker, saying he was only trying to create distraction.

He said: “It’s all lies. I don’t know about any fetish oath. I don’t think there is any local government chairman who swore to the oath he is talking about. If he knows any of the chairmen, let him mention his name.

“Alausa did not know me from anywhere. I did my own primary election and I defeated my opponent. So, why should I swear to any oath? I won the primaries by 167 votes, while the second and third chairmanship aspirants polled 17 votes and seven votes respectively. So, on what grounds must we swear to the oath he was talking about? I am a Christian, I won’t subject myself to any blood oath.”

The Chairman of Ado-Odo/Ota Local Government, Chief Abayomi Tella said Alausa’s allegation was incredible when the Nigerian Compass sought his reaction.

He simply advised Alausa to seek the attention of psychiatrists.

Tella said he never swore to any diabolical oath as a council chairman.

“What is the meaning of the oath? Why should I swear to any oath? Does it mean that if I swear to an oath, my tenure of three years would be extended? he asked rhetorically, adding: “I’m a Yoruba person. You don’t swear to an oath without any tangible reason and they have sworn to pull down the government of Ogun State.

“I’m a devoted Muslim. Talking about oath, I only took an oath with the Qur’an before I was sworn-in. Only the Alausa group can say why they took their oath.”

In their own reactions, members of the G11 in the House blasted Alausa on his allegation that he defected to their camp due to pressure from the governor.

Mrs. Shodunke-Oseni attributed the embattled lawmaker’s allegation to his confused state of mind.

“He’s confused, I pity him,” she stated.

One of the lawmakers, Durotolu Bankole, told the Nigerian Compass that it was not true that Alausa pitched tent with their group.

“We are 11, not 12 at all times even now,” Bankole stated.

Meanwhile, the Chairman of the Elders Council of the PDP in Ogun East, Chief Kolapo Ogunjobi, yesterday advised Alausa to resign immediately.

He described the oath-taking as shameful and a disgrace to his (Alausa) family, urging his father to disown him.

Ogunjobi told the Nigerian Compass in his country home in Ode-Remo, Ogun State, that he had never seen a person of Alausa’s status, who would descend so low to the extent of taking a blood oath.

His words: “I am, therefore, advising him through the press that he should resign and that his father should disown him because he is a disgrace to his family. I have never seen any educated person who would descend to that level; to the level of going to the shrine to swear.”

Ogunjobi, who said he was shocked when he saw Alausa’s pictures in the Nigerian Compass, added that the lawmaker is no more an honourable but a dishonourable person.

His words: “I was shocked to the marrow when I saw the picture, especially when I discovered that it is the picture of one of the members of the House of Assembly in Ogun State. The man in that picture his Wale Alausa, I wouldn’t call him Honourable Wale Alausa, because he is a dishonourable person. He is a member of a notorious group called G15 in the House of Assembly,” a fuming Ogunjobi said.

According to him, the people of Ogun East have learnt their lessons and, “henceforth, we will never again put forward people like Alausa and six others who came from that zone and who belong to the G15,” adding that the erring lawmakers from the zone would have been recalled from office a long time ago but for Daniel.

“It is very easy for us to recall anyone of them. We have the weapon, the constitutional weapon to use against them. But the fact is that the governor is a man of peace, he wouldn’t want us to apply the big stick that we have. It won’t take the leaders of the party in the district one week to recall any of these recalcitrant lawmakers,” he stated.

The chairman, however, said that with the publication, he did not see the possibility of the lawmakers going back to the House again after their tenure.

“I don’t think they can go back to the Assembly from what you have published and people have seen. I cannot see how they can go back, they have already recalled themselves,” the chairman said, adding: “With the case of Alausa, the other 14 members must have learnt their lessons and have at the back of their minds that one cannot swim against the tide. They have murdered sleep and they would sleep no more.”

It was learnt yesterday that the G15 lawmakers hold their clandestine meetings at a popular hotel on Allen Avenue, Ikeja, Lagos, where a popular Fuji musician is said to be the intermediary between them and a prominent Lagos politician, believed to be their sponsor.

Yesterday, a former member of the House of Representatives, Alhaji Bisiriyu Popoola, described Alausa as a liar.

The Commissioner for Housing, Dr. Kunle Salako, also faulted Alausa’s claim that all commissioners, special advisers and political functionaries working for the state government were forced to swear to an oath by the governor.

Popoola, a federal lawmaker on the platform of the defunct Social Democratic Party (SDP) in the Third Republic, described Alausa’s allegation as “arrant nonsense, complete rubbish and an attempt to save his face.”

He said the lawmaker was only trying to cover up his shameful misdeeds by making spurious allegations that Daniel forced him to take a blood oath, saying people should disregard him.

He also challenged him to tender as evidence the photographs of other lawmakers who took the oath, “if he is telling the truth.”

Popoola, who is the chairman, Board of Directors, Ogun State Housing Corporation, wondered why the governor would want anyone to swear to an oath before contesting an election, saying the governor alone does not determine the electioneering success of aspirants for political positions.

“In the first place, I know the process of selecting people to contest because of my own background in politics. Where consensus cannot be reached, you go for competition before final judgement will be made by the people. The governor is not from Ijebu Ode ward. How on earth would he now say he must swear to an oath?

“The lie that this young man is trying to tell won’t work for him. He is a young man with a promising future but he has subjected himself to this ridiculous and shameful act. He should sincerely apologise, instead of trying to pull people down.”

The former federal lawmaker posited that Alausa was not reasonable in his claims, saying “it stands to reason. If they had sworn to an oath on the governor’s instruction, why have they now turned against that oath? They must know that that oath has repercussion.”

He said the lawmaker from his constituency, Hon. Kojeku Sunday, never took a devilish oath, adding that he had been performing his duties at the Assembly in line with the demands of his people.

Salako said like other commissioners and political functionaries, only the constitutional, normal oath of allegiance was administered on him during his swearing-in.

He said Alausa was only trying to whip up sentiments by making unfounded allegation.

The commissioner said: “As a matter of fact, when I looked at the story, I saw a lot of contradictions. One, he said that the G11 are the ones that took oath and that’s why they have been consistently supporting the governor. Two, he said the pictures in the newspaper were those for the oath he was forced to take. I feel that he was not consistent at all and people should not ascribe any serious credibility to his statement.

“Contrary to what is happening in other states where political appointees are made to sign undated letters of resignation, I want to say categorically that in Ogun State, there is no such thing.”

Meanwhile, the PDP Elders Forum in Imeko-Afon Local Government Area has described Alausa’s allegation that Daniel forced him to take a blood oath in 2007 as “the mother of all deceptions.”

The chairman of the forum, Chief Sina Adejobi, in a statement, said it was clear that Alausa “belongs to the kingdom of darkness.”

The forum cautioned Ogun State citizens at home and abroad to be wary of the lawmaker’s deception, saying: “The governor of Ogun State is a God-fearing man who does not believe in such things.”

The statement described Alausa, who is a member of the G15 lawmakers opposed to Daniel, as a blatant liar, adding that if it was the governor that forced them to take the oath, they would have respected the oath and not opposed the governor.

http://www.compassnews.net/news/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=21354:my-son-lied-on-blood-oath-says-alausas-dad&catid=43:news&Itemid=63
Re: My Son Lied On Blood Oath, Says Alausa’s Dad, Awujale Too Denies It by Poj1(m): 7:06pm On Jul 01, 2009
hmnnnnnnnn
Re: My Son Lied On Blood Oath, Says Alausa’s Dad, Awujale Too Denies It by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jan 19, 2012
Nigerians sef - when the White-man takes an oath in secret, it is okay, when a Blackman does his own version - wahala starts grin grin It is nothing strange. it is patently African just as Swearing by a Holy book is patently Western. leave matta joor grin

(1) (Reply)

Who Will You Vote For In 2011 / Fashola Donates Flat To Widow Of Lastma Victim / Dramatic Twist As Ibori, London Police Reach Plea Bargain Pact

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.