Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,105 members, 7,814,877 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:47 PM

3 Reasons Why BIAFRA Can't Work - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 3 Reasons Why BIAFRA Can't Work (2966 Views)

Why Biafra Should Remain In Nigeria – Osinbajo / Why Biafra Can't Work / Biafra Can't Be A Country (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Reasons Why BIAFRA Can't Work by Oblongata: 9:17pm On Feb 03, 2016
The agitation for the actualization of the Sovereign State of BIAFRA is quite inline with the right of nations to self determination which has now come to stand as cardinal principle in modern international law. as a point of reference, the law states that nations; based on respect for the principle of equal rights and fair equality of opportunity, have the right to freely choose their sovereignty and international political status with no external compulsion or interference. so as far as the world is concerned, BIAFRA movement is an exercise of right to self-determination. however, one is compelled above the din, to critically analyse the possibility of the secessionist movement's success(if there is to be any). 3 reasons why the movement will be frustrated and might fail is as thus:
1) Politically motivated: the international community appreciates the rule of law with regards to self-determination. this will help to stamp out tyrants and ensure people are governed by their consent. however, the international community are not deaf and dumb, neither are they stupid. questions would be raised and most prominent being 'why now'? what is the trigger? has there truly been a marginalization? as a country Nigeria, how involved are the igbos in the country politically? what posts have they occupied? etc. and they will understand that there are some few that feels politically irrelevant now, and BIAFRA itself; before its most recent movement, at the barest mention of it provokes many of the igbo tribes (especially the youths) due to the BIAFRAN war which has ensured we remain united at the evil expense of many lives. BIAFRA itself is no longer a genuine movement, it reeks of ibo politicians who has turned the pains of memory of the BIAFRA war to their personal gain.
2)self-determination is confusing: the principle of self determination has not stated what constitute a nation, neither has it stated the type of group which may legitimately claim right to self-determination. its really difficult for a group of people to make use of self determination, (then again, what can we really classify as group of people, 3? 10?) because the law itself is not well stated out, my take? self determination itself was promulgated to discourage bad leadership and also one of the many weapons that has been reserved to be used by strong world leaders to hack down bad leadership and destroy threatening increase in strength (economically, population wise, etc) of other nations through the use of united nations. (winston and roosevelt, i doff my hat). what am i saying? self-determination to a large extent is determined or can be used only when these leaders want it to be used (trust me, they know how to incite such) and only when the country poises a threat. Nigeria is best left alone (so they will think) because there is little or no gain to them from BIAFRA's break away. it might have interested these leaders if it were a south south breakaway. in a nutshell, self-determination has been cleverly coined only as as a means to an end for these UN cabals, hence, its confused definition and unclear principle which has made them as the ultimate judge as no judge in the world can rule on it in clear terms. so BIAFRA is not determined by self-determination, it is determined by selfish interests.
3)Many of igbo descendant do not even believe in the so called BIAFRA movement and even see it as a probable downfall in their business. take scotland (for instance), there had been agitation for full independence time immemorial, most recent is the independence referendum (sept 18 2014) in which (not surprisingly), majority still voted NO towards the agitation. this can be largely attributed to stakes which is at all time high as well as common interest. one would have thought that the whole scottish nation supported independence due to the noise about it but when it was time to act towards it, majority carried the vote (which was a NO to independence). dont be surprised if more igbo people don't want to be part of the smaller zoo (BIAFRA), they just want to remain in the big zoo where there is still much space and less aggression.

generally, BIAFRA is not a movement. it is a tool by few pot bellied politifcians fast running out of relevance. at the mention of BIAFRA, what comes mostly to mind is the struggle, death of innocent souls, and naturally; Anger. anger of the occurrences of the Ojukwu led war. the movement, in itself, is not purged of ethnic sentiments neither does it have clarified terms on why they want to leave except for recent political fallout largely due to miscalculation. i doubt if many ibos will obey the BIAFRAN clarion call when we now have a segun Arinze, Emeka Balogun, etc. let truth be told, if there were ever going to be a BIAFRA, it wont be anytime soon.

Long live Nigeria

United we are stronger

Medulla @Oblongata

cc:
tonyebarcanista
obinoscopy
Tallesty
Truckpusher
mynd44
lalasticlala

2 Likes

Re: 3 Reasons Why BIAFRA Can't Work by 1bunne4lif(m): 9:21pm On Feb 03, 2016
in your widest dream

1 Like

Re: 3 Reasons Why BIAFRA Can't Work by Atlantian: 9:22pm On Feb 03, 2016
Biafra was a country for 3yrs with a standard currency and standing army. Cure your ignorance by flipping through the history books. That war ended without a victor or vanquish.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 3 Reasons Why BIAFRA Can't Work by cheruv: 9:22pm On Feb 03, 2016
This piece is proof of what happens when a non Igbo takes panadol for an Igbo man's headache... angry

Busybodies everywhere undecided

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 3 Reasons Why BIAFRA Can't Work by funlord(m): 9:31pm On Feb 03, 2016
angry

Waiting for "young ipob goats" to come and tell us otherwise!

**lights spliff in anticipation of the war**

1 Like

Re: 3 Reasons Why BIAFRA Can't Work by Eledan: 9:33pm On Feb 03, 2016
Atlantian:
Biafra was a country for 3yrs with a standard currency and standing army. Cure your ignorance by flipping through the history books. That war ended without a victor or vanquish.

A country run by rebels.

5 Likes

Re: 3 Reasons Why BIAFRA Can't Work by Oblongata: 9:40pm On Feb 03, 2016
Atlantian:
you just agreed with the topic with just one word from your statement. 'was'. climes have changed men, face reality.

1 Like

Re: 3 Reasons Why BIAFRA Can't Work by BeClever: 9:46pm On Feb 03, 2016
It is quite unfortunate that people will sit down and concoct a silly story without one single fact to back their silly logic up and expect educated person like me to strike a 'like' for him.

Why don't you think of what the poor shall eat and how we can collectively shift from this positi instead of allowing politicians to bewitch you in this manner.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 3 Reasons Why BIAFRA Can't Work by Nobody: 10:09pm On Feb 03, 2016
uwantsome:
Yorubas abeg now? Who do una this ting, e no go better for am. undecided
cheesy

1 Like

Re: 3 Reasons Why BIAFRA Can't Work by Oblongata: 10:22pm On Feb 03, 2016
1bunne4lif:
in your widest wildest dream
that's better
Re: 3 Reasons Why BIAFRA Can't Work by Oblongata: 10:29pm On Feb 03, 2016
cheruv:
This piece is proof of what happens when a non Igbo takes panadol for an Igbo man's headache... angry

Busybodies everywhere undecided
well i don't know what you are talking about, i have said my mind only as a Nigerian, not as an igbo, yoruba or hausa man.

@ busybodies pot calling kettle black. i was'nt exactly expecting many constructive argument comments, was expecting you bunch of zombies and noise makers also. in a saner clime youths would have started investigation on the piece and came back with a well researched conclusion. for nairaland na frustrated cybercafe attendants full here jus to dey yarn dust.

1 Like

Re: 3 Reasons Why BIAFRA Can't Work by Eshinwaju: 10:29pm On Feb 03, 2016
Atlantian:

Not three years...but two and a half.... cheesy cheesy....its currency was no more valuable than toilet paper and the army was never standing... cheesy cheesy cheesy...completely destroyed and yes...there was only one victor...the NA to which the cowards deputy surrendered... cheesy

2 Likes

Re: 3 Reasons Why BIAFRA Can't Work by Oblongata: 10:36pm On Feb 03, 2016
xtrorple:
i really feel low replying to this because from all indication, you have not assimilated the write up. you just read the topic and rushed back to baseless comments. for ur mind now you be graduate.SMH
Re: 3 Reasons Why BIAFRA Can't Work by Flexherbal(m): 10:41pm On Feb 03, 2016
Peace be unto us all!
Re: 3 Reasons Why BIAFRA Can't Work by Mckennedy: 11:01pm On Feb 03, 2016
funlord:
angry

Waiting for "young ipob goats" to come and tell us otherwise!

**lights spliff in anticipation of the war**

Kwantiniu waiting....don't sleep oo abeg...keep waiting. Biafra causing sleepless nights to folks,, I wonder ooo.

2 Likes

Re: 3 Reasons Why BIAFRA Can't Work by Flashh: 11:04pm On Feb 03, 2016
It's only on Nairaland I see they talk about this Biáfraud nonsense.

4 Likes

Re: 3 Reasons Why BIAFRA Can't Work by skyman200(m): 11:30pm On Feb 03, 2016
but is in map and goggle why was it there?
Re: 3 Reasons Why BIAFRA Can't Work by HtwoOw: 11:38pm On Feb 03, 2016
Hehehe

At the sighting of " it'll never work, I just rushed to comment grin
Re: 3 Reasons Why BIAFRA Can't Work by 1bunne4lif(m): 12:27am On Feb 04, 2016
Oblongata:
that's better
thanj you
Re: 3 Reasons Why BIAFRA Can't Work by 1bunne4lif(m): 12:28am On Feb 04, 2016
Oblongata:
that's better
thank you
Re: 3 Reasons Why BIAFRA Can't Work by cheruv: 12:54am On Feb 04, 2016
Oblongata:
well i don't know what you are talking about, i have said my mind only as a Nigerian, not as an igbo, yoruba or hausa man.

@ busybodies pot calling kettle black. i was'nt exactly expecting many constructive argument comments, was expecting you bunch of zombies and noise makers also. in a saner clime youths would have started investigation on the piece and came back with a well researched conclusion. for nairaland na frustrated cybercafe attendants full here jus to dey yarn dust.
Just as buhari is deceiving Nigerians with his voodoo economics,you too are here deceiving gullible NLanders as to how hypocritical you're..
SMH undecided

2 Likes

Re: 3 Reasons Why BIAFRA Can't Work by Duru1(m): 1:06am On Feb 04, 2016
Oblongata:

Per the emboldened, I guess it sucks to have a terrible Nigerian mind.

2 Likes

Re: 3 Reasons Why BIAFRA Can't Work by MonPro: 2:08am On Feb 04, 2016
The write-up isn't intelligible at all. Let's be honest. If it was written by a primary 6 pupil, he will be forgiven.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 3 Reasons Why BIAFRA Can't Work by Kanwuliajeje: 2:46am On Feb 04, 2016
I thought NL has said NO to BIAFRA THREADS? undecided

If BIAFRA was meant to be a serious concept. . . .it would have shown itself without much noise-making.
A concept dead on arrival.

Please, bury this subject once and for all and STOP DREAMING!!! kiss
Re: 3 Reasons Why BIAFRA Can't Work by Nobody: 4:11am On Feb 04, 2016
Oblongata:
The agitation for the actualization of the Sovereign State of BIAFRA is quite inline with the right of nations to self determination which has now come to stand as cardinal principle in modern international law. as a point of reference, the law states that nations; based on respect for the principle of equal rights and fair equality of opportunity, have the right to freely choose their sovereignty and international political status with no external compulsion or interference. so as far as the world is concerned, BIAFRA movement is an exercise of right to self-determination. however, one is compelled above the din, to critically analyse the possibility of the secessionist movement's success(if there is to be any). 3 reasons why the movement will be frustrated and might fail is as thus:
1) Politically motivated: the international community appreciates the rule of law with regards to self-determination. this will help to stamp out tyrants and ensure people are governed by their consent. however, the international community are not deaf and dumb, neither are they stupid. questions would be raised and most prominent being 'why now'? what is the trigger? has there truly been a marginalization? as a country Nigeria, how involved are the igbos in the country politically? what posts have they occupied? etc. and they will understand that there are some few that feels politically irrelevant now, and BIAFRA itself; before its most recent movement, at the barest mention of it provokes many of the igbo tribes (especially the youths) due to the BIAFRAN war which has ensured we remain united at the evil expense of many lives. BIAFRA itself is no longer a genuine movement, it reeks of ibo politicians who has turned the pains of memory of the BIAFRA war to their personal gain.
2)self-determination is confusing: the principle of self determination has not stated what constitute a nation, neither has it stated the type of group which may legitimately claim right to self-determination. its really difficult for a group of people to make use of self determination, (then again, what can we really classify as group of people, 3? 10?) because the law itself is not well stated out, my take? self determination itself was promulgated to discourage bad leadership and also one of the many weapons that has been reserved to be used by strong world leaders to hack down bad leadership and destroy threatening increase in strength (economically, population wise, etc) of other nations through the use of united nations. (winston and roosevelt, i doff my hat). what am i saying? self-determination to a large extent is determined or can be used only when these leaders want it to be used (trust me, they know how to incite such) and only when the country poises a threat. Nigeria is best left alone (so they will think) because there is little or no gain to them from BIAFRA's break away. it might have interested these leaders if it were a south south breakaway. in a nutshell, self-determination has been cleverly coined only as as a means to an end for these UN cabals, hence, its confused definition and unclear principle which has made them as the ultimate judge as no judge in the world can rule on it in clear terms. so BIAFRA is not determined by self-determination, it is determined by selfish interests.
3)Many of igbo descendant do not even believe in the so called BIAFRA movement and even see it as a probable downfall in their business. take scotland (for instance), there had been agitation for full independence time immemorial, most recent is the independence referendum (sept 18 2014) in which (not surprisingly), majority still voted NO towards the agitation. this can be largely attributed to stakes which is at all time high as well as common interest. one would have thought that the whole scottish nation supported independence due to the noise about it but when it was time to act towards it, majority carried the vote (which was a NO to independence). dont be surprised if more igbo people don't want to be part of the smaller zoo (BIAFRA), they just want to remain in the big zoo where there is still much space and less aggression.

generally, BIAFRA is not a movement. it is a tool by few pot bellied politifcians fast running out of relevance. at the mention of BIAFRA, what comes mostly to mind is the struggle, death of innocent souls, and naturally; Anger. anger of the occurrences of the Ojukwu led war. the movement, in itself, is not purged of ethnic sentiments neither does it have clarified terms on why they want to leave except for recent political fallout largely due to miscalculation. i doubt if many ibos will obey the BIAFRAN clarion call when we now have a segun Arinze, Emeka Balogun, etc. let truth be told, if there were ever going to be a BIAFRA, it wont be anytime soon.

Long live Nigeria

United we are stronger

Medulla @Oblongata

cc:
tonyebarcanista
obinoscopy
Tallesty
Truckpusher
mynd44
lalasticlala

Failures always think and talk what doesn't and can't work. Success think and talk what works and must work.
Now you know where you belong sit on the spectators sits and watch the biafrans teach you life lesson.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jonathan Is Truly Wicked, Read What He Said Today / El Rufai To Contest 2019 Elections, Gets Powerful Northern Bloc Approval / Breaking: Sit At Home Order, IPOB Shuts Down Aguleri Governor Obiano's Hometown

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.