Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,354 members, 7,836,448 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:59 AM

3 Reasons Why BIAFRA Can't Work - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 3 Reasons Why BIAFRA Can't Work (2980 Views)

Why Biafra Should Remain In Nigeria – Osinbajo / Why Biafra Can't Work / Biafra Can't Be A Country (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3 Reasons Why BIAFRA Can't Work by Nobody: 4:38am On Feb 04, 2016
This is how people participate in Nigerian self-deception
Oblongata:
The agitation for the actualization of the Sovereign State of BIAFRA is quite inline with the right of nations to self determination which has now come to stand as cardinal principle in modern international law. as a point of reference, the law states that nations; based on respect for the principle of equal rights and fair equality of opportunity, have the right to freely choose their sovereignty and international political status with no external compulsion or interference. so as far as the world is concerned, BIAFRA movement is an exercise of right to self-determination. however, one is compelled above the din, to critically analyse the possibility of the secessionist movement's success(if there is to be any). 3 reasons why the movement will be frustrated and might fail is as thus:
1) Politically motivated: the international community appreciates the rule of law with regards to self-determination. this will help to stamp out tyrants and ensure people are governed by their consent. however, the international community are not deaf and dumb, neither are they stupid. questions would be raised and most prominent being 'why now'? what is the trigger? has there truly been a marginalization? as a country Nigeria, how involved are the igbos in the country politically? what posts have they occupied? etc. and they will understand that there are some few that feels politically irrelevant now, and BIAFRA itself; before its most recent movement, at the barest mention of it provokes many of the igbo tribes (especially the youths) due to the BIAFRAN war which has ensured we remain united at the evil expense of many lives. BIAFRA itself is no longer a genuine movement, it reeks of ibo politicians who has turned the pains of memory of the BIAFRA war to their personal gain.
2)self-determination is confusing: the principle of self determination has not stated what constitute a nation, neither has it stated the type of group which may legitimately claim right to self-determination. its really difficult for a group of people to make use of self determination, (then again, what can we really classify as group of people, 3? 10?) because the law itself is not well stated out, my take? self determination itself was promulgated to discourage bad leadership and also one of the many weapons that has been reserved to be used by strong world leaders to hack down bad leadership and destroy threatening increase in strength (economically, population wise, etc) of other nations through the use of united nations. (winston and roosevelt, i doff my hat). what am i saying? self-determination to a large extent is determined or can be used only when these leaders want it to be used (trust me, they know how to incite such) and only when the country poises a threat. Nigeria is best left alone (so they will think) because there is little or no gain to them from BIAFRA's break away. it might have interested these leaders if it were a south south breakaway. in a nutshell, self-determination has been cleverly coined only as as a means to an end for these UN cabals, hence, its confused definition and unclear principle which has made them as the ultimate judge as no judge in the world can rule on it in clear terms. so BIAFRA is not determined by self-determination, it is determined by selfish interests.
3)Many of igbo descendant do not even believe in the so called BIAFRA movement and even see it as a probable downfall in their business. take scotland (for instance), there had been agitation for full independence time immemorial, most recent is the independence referendum (sept 18 2014) in which (not surprisingly), majority still voted NO towards the agitation. this can be largely attributed to stakes which is at all time high as well as common interest. one would have thought that the whole scottish nation supported independence due to the noise about it but when it was time to act towards it, majority carried the vote (which was a NO to independence). dont be surprised if more igbo people don't want to be part of the smaller zoo (BIAFRA), they just want to remain in the big zoo where there is still much space and less aggression.

generally, BIAFRA is not a movement. it is a tool by few pot bellied politifcians fast running out of relevance. at the mention of BIAFRA, what comes mostly to mind is the struggle, death of innocent souls, and naturally; Anger. anger of the occurrences of the Ojukwu led war. the movement, in itself, is not purged of ethnic sentiments neither does it have clarified terms on why they want to leave except for recent political fallout largely due to miscalculation. i doubt if many ibos will obey the BIAFRAN clarion call when we now have a segun Arinze, Emeka Balogun, etc. let truth be told, if there were ever going to be a BIAFRA, it wont be anytime soon.

Long live Nigeria

United we are stronger

Medulla @Oblongata

cc:
tonyebarcanista
obinoscopy
Tallesty
Truckpusher
mynd44
lalasticlala

Re: 3 Reasons Why BIAFRA Can't Work by zendy: 7:22am On Feb 04, 2016
Oblongata:
The agitation for the actualization of the Sovereign State of BIAFRA is quite inline with the right of nations to self determination which has now come to stand as cardinal principle in modern international law. as a point of reference, the law states that nations; based on respect for the principle of equal rights and fair equality of opportunity, have the right to freely choose their sovereignty and international political status with no external compulsion or interference. so as far as the world is concerned, BIAFRA movement is an exercise of right to self-determination. however, one is compelled above the din, to critically analyse the possibility of the secessionist movement's success(if there is to be any). 3 reasons why the movement will be frustrated and might fail is as thus:
1) Politically motivated: the international community appreciates the rule of law with regards to self-determination. this will help to stamp out tyrants and ensure people are governed by their consent. however, the international community are not deaf and dumb, neither are they stupid. questions would be raised and most prominent being 'why now'? what is the trigger? has there truly been a marginalization? as a country Nigeria, how involved are the igbos in the country politically? what posts have they occupied? etc. and they will understand that there are some few that feels politically irrelevant now, and BIAFRA itself; before its most recent movement, at the barest mention of it provokes many of the igbo tribes (especially the youths) due to the BIAFRAN war which has ensured we remain united at the evil expense of many lives. BIAFRA itself is no longer a genuine movement, it reeks of ibo politicians who has turned the pains of memory of the BIAFRA war to their personal gain.
2)self-determination is confusing: the principle of self determination has not stated what constitute a nation, neither has it stated the type of group which may legitimately claim right to self-determination. its really difficult for a group of people to make use of self determination, (then again, what can we really classify as group of people, 3? 10?) because the law itself is not well stated out, my take? self determination itself was promulgated to discourage bad leadership and also one of the many weapons that has been reserved to be used by strong world leaders to hack down bad leadership and destroy threatening increase in strength (economically, population wise, etc) of other nations through the use of united nations. (winston and roosevelt, i doff my hat). what am i saying? self-determination to a large extent is determined or can be used only when these leaders want it to be used (trust me, they know how to incite such) and only when the country poises a threat. Nigeria is best left alone (so they will think) because there is little or no gain to them from BIAFRA's break away. it might have interested these leaders if it were a south south breakaway. in a nutshell, self-determination has been cleverly coined only as as a means to an end for these UN cabals, hence, its confused definition and unclear principle which has made them as the ultimate judge as no judge in the world can rule on it in clear terms. so BIAFRA is not determined by self-determination, it is determined by selfish interests.
3)Many of igbo descendant do not even believe in the so called BIAFRA movement and even see it as a probable downfall in their business. take scotland (for instance), there had been agitation for full independence time immemorial, most recent is the independence referendum (sept 18 2014) in which (not surprisingly), majority still voted NO towards the agitation. this can be largely attributed to stakes which is at all time high as well as common interest. one would have thought that the whole scottish nation supported independence due to the noise about it but when it was time to act towards it, majority carried the vote (which was a NO to independence). dont be surprised if more igbo people don't want to be part of the smaller zoo (BIAFRA), they just want to remain in the big zoo where there is still much space and less aggression.

generally, BIAFRA is not a movement. it is a tool by few pot bellied politifcians fast running out of relevance. at the mention of BIAFRA, what comes mostly to mind is the struggle, death of innocent souls, and naturally; Anger. anger of the occurrences of the Ojukwu led war. the movement, in itself, is not purged of ethnic sentiments neither does it have clarified terms on why they want to leave except for recent political fallout largely due to miscalculation. i doubt if many ibos will obey the BIAFRAN clarion call when we now have a segun Arinze, Emeka Balogun, etc. let truth be told, if there were ever going to be a BIAFRA, it wont be anytime soon.

Long live Nigeria

United we are stronger

Medulla @Oblongata

cc:
tonyebarcanista
obinoscopy
Tallesty
Truckpusher
mynd44
lalasticlala

So this whole write up of yours is to defend how Lord Lugard came from Britain to beat up, shoot, kill and rape your ancestors in other to make them Nigerians? You think you would be a Nigerian if Lugard had not come? Or maybe you would have gone to Britain with a placard saying "Lugard come and give me my country!".

Any group of people are entitled to go their way any time they want and for whatever reason especially when they were forced into the country against their will. Wether they fail in their new country is not your business. You were not with this people before, now you claim to be one with them just because Lugard told you so. The Nigerian question must be answered by a referendum. A referendum must be conducted so that the indigenous ethnic groups that make up the geographical expression called NIgeria can finally decide who they are. We cannot keep carrying this "British identity" called Nigeria that was forced on us all. This is not just about Biafra, this is about the right of a person or people to choose. A person who had no right to choose is a prisoner, doesn't matter if you call that person a Nigerian or not.

Personally, I would prefare a much smaller Biafra that is working than a big Nigeria which has turned out to be a 55 year old disaster.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 3 Reasons Why BIAFRA Can't Work by Oblongata: 8:00am On Feb 04, 2016
zendy:

So this whole write up of yours is to defend how Lord Lugard came from Britain to beat up, shoot, kill and rape your ancestors in other to make them Nigerians? You think you would be a Nigerian if Lugard had not come? Or maybe you would have gone to Britain with a placard saying "Lugard come and give me my country!".

Any group of people are entitled to go their way any time they want and for whatever reason especially when they were forced into the country against their will. Wether they fail in their new country is not your business. You were not with this people before, now you claim to be one with them just because Lugard told you so. The Nigerian question must be answered by a referendum. A referendum must be conducted so that the indigenous ethnic groups that make up the geographical expression called NIgeria can finally decide who they are. We cannot keep carrying this "British identity" called Nigeria that was forced on us all. This is not just about Biafra, this is about the right of a person or people to choose. A person who had no right to choose is a prisoner, doesn't matter if you call that person a Nigerian or not.

Personally, I would prefare a much smaller Biafra that is working than a big Nigeria which has turned out to be a 55 year old disaster.
must admit you make a lot of sense, but reality is that many still believe in the zoo called Nigeria.
Re: 3 Reasons Why BIAFRA Can't Work by xtroppy: 9:34am On Feb 04, 2016
Oblongata:
i really feel low replying to this because from all indication, you have not assimilated the write up. you just read the topic and rushed back to baseless comments. for ur mind now you be graduate.SMH

Lies of hypocrisy and propaganda to divert attention from the very obvious!

You indeed sounded like a repugnant clown parading and displaying foolery and flaunting it as knowledge.

If my previous comment was baseless and had not knocked some senses into you you lots wouldn't have surreptitiously asked your biased NL mod to quickly delete my heart-piercing comment and subsequently banned my previous moniker. But that's still no deterrent for me releasing befitting rebuttals at full throttle like never before against your shenanigans.

You're not man enough to challenge the marauding herdsmen who maim and kill your kinsmen but you hypocritically and callously treat IPB members who pose no threat to citizens as miscreants and criminals. 

It's a misnomer for a people who are barely existing (with strange diseases, penury and illiteracy ravaging their lands) to dictate to another, that fare better than them and most tribes in Nigeria, how to live!

I shall reveal the underlying fears of your masturbations and baseless postulations: the fear of Fulanis plundering your entire land, islamisation, no free crude oil wealth and eventual low economic activities in your land once BFR emerges.

The Business Venture of Lord Lugard being supervised by the Islamic Fulani-led fiefdom, maintained by Hausa born-to-rule hegemony and oiled by Yoruba propaganda and lies is moribund already. 

The 102 years of existence is a testament to that verdict. And Igbos are not willing to self-destruct with you!

A legitimate agitation by a people for a simple referendum is no way a crime. Formulating baseless theories of failure on a people's quest reeks of hypocrisy and only meant to divert attention from the crust of the matter to the subterranean.

Go find an idea to live and die for!
Re: 3 Reasons Why BIAFRA Can't Work by Oblongata: 10:08am On Feb 04, 2016
xtroppy:

Lies of hypocrisy and propaganda to divert attention from the very obvious!

You indeed sounded like a repugnant clown parading and displaying foolery and flaunting it as knowledge.

If my previous comment was baseless and had not knocked some senses into you you lots wouldn't have surreptitiously asked your biased NL mod to quickly delete my heart-piercing comment and subsequently banned my previous moniker. But that's still no deterrent for me releasing befitting rebuttals at full throttle like never before against your shenanigans.

You're not man enough to challenge the marauding herdsmen who maim and kill your kinsmen but you hypocritically and callously treat IPB members who pose no threat to citizens as miscreants and criminals. 

It's a misnomer for a people who are barely existing (with strange diseases, penury and illiteracy ravaging their lands) to dictate to another, that fare better than them and most tribes in Nigeria, how to live!

I shall reveal the underlying fears of your masturbations and baseless postulations: the fear of Fulanis plundering your entire land, islamisation, no free crude oil wealth and eventual low economic activities in your land once BFR emerges.

The Business Venture of Lord Lugard being supervised by the Islamic Fulani-led fiefdom, maintained by Hausa born-to-rule hegemony and oiled by Yoruba propaganda and lies is moribund already. 

The 102 years of existence is a testament to that verdict. And Igbos are not willing to self-destruct with you!

A legitimate agitation by a people for a simple referendum is no way a crime. Formulating baseless theories of failure on a people's quest reeks of hypocrisy and only meant to divert attention from the crust of the matter to the subterranean.

Go find an idea to live and die for!
nice beautiful jargon you wrote up there...

@ bolded shows you are just another educated illiterate. aw can a normal nincompoop in his (its) royal hideousness sitting behind his second generation computer dictate for a whole tribe? u can go to your village and start BIAFRA there, maybe others will follow....
Re: 3 Reasons Why BIAFRA Can't Work by xtroppy: 10:15am On Feb 04, 2016
Oblongata:
nice beautiful jargon you wrote up there...

@ bolded shows you are just another educated illiterate. aw can a normal nincompoop in his (its) royal hideousness sitting behind his second generation computer dictate for a whole tribe? u can go to your village and start BIAFRA there, maybe others will follow....

Neanderthal savage of dirt, squalor, anger, hate and propaganda from a juju-infested enclave where smelly culture of insolence, extortion and toutism are upheld with so much pride and kingship sold to the dogs cum celebrated miscreants.

To save you from much pommeling you would have simply requested as usual to have my response deleted by your in-house, biased NL mod.

Miserable, cretinous minions who earn a living on pay-per-post basis just to attempt to quench the call for self-determination by another people.

Your delusion is that you think a butterfly supposedly acting smart is a bird!

Ass-licker whose tribe rarely stand for anything!

1 Like

Re: 3 Reasons Why BIAFRA Can't Work by Oblongata: 10:46am On Feb 04, 2016
xtroppy:

Neanderthal savage of dirt, squalor, anger, hate and propaganda from a juju-infested enclave where smelly culture of insolence, extortion and toutism are upheld with so much pride and kingship sold to the dogs cum celebrated miscreants.

To save you from much pommeling you would have simply requested as usual to have my response deleted by your in-house, biased NL mod.

Miserable, cretinous minions who earn a living on pay-per-post basis just to attempt to quench the call for self-determination by another people.

Your delusion is that you think a butterfly supposedly acting smart is a bird!

Ass-licker whose tribe rarely stand for anything!
my condolences...

if i was you, i would hate the world too!
Re: 3 Reasons Why BIAFRA Can't Work by xtroppy: 11:06am On Feb 04, 2016
Oblongata:
my condolences...

if i was you, i would hate the world too!

I really empathise with you on your sorry state.

If I were you I would have long figured out the minion that sired me. And by now I'd have had an idea I'm willing and ready to die for!
Re: 3 Reasons Why BIAFRA Can't Work by Oblongata: 11:13am On Feb 04, 2016
xtroppy:

I really empathise with you on your sorry state.

If I were you I would have long figured out the minion that sired me. And by now I'd have had an idea I'm willing and ready to die for!
please hang in there! your brother (Ngige) is at the verge of the N5000 breakthrough for allocation to jobless graduates. don't be mad, Mr Biggs is hiring...
Re: 3 Reasons Why BIAFRA Can't Work by xtroppy: 11:16am On Feb 04, 2016
Oblongata:
please hang in there! your brother (Ngige) is at the verge of the N5000 breakthrough for allocation to jobless graduates. don't be mad, Mr Biggs is hiring...

Hold it there before you go insane!

Someone who's barely existing can't be of help to another who's faring better than him.

I can therefore volunteer to feed your generation...
Re: 3 Reasons Why BIAFRA Can't Work by Oblongata: 11:27am On Feb 04, 2016
xtroppy:

Hold it there!

Someone who's barely existing can't be of help to another who's faring better than him.

I can therefore volunteer to feed your generation...
sorry, we don't eat worms...
Re: 3 Reasons Why BIAFRA Can't Work by xtroppy: 11:33am On Feb 04, 2016
Oblongata:
sorry, we don't eat worms...

Sorry, we don't make a living out of human rituals and cannibalism...
Re: 3 Reasons Why BIAFRA Can't Work by afroxyz: 11:38am On Feb 04, 2016
I thought all threads on Biafra have been shut down? Is it because this one speaks against biafra? Why ban pro-biafra threads and leave anti-biafra threads? The ban should be across board.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Rochas Okorocha Approves Grazing Bill In Imo State / Six Spectacular Things That Will Happen If Buhari Finally Returns Tomorrow / Biafra: IPoB Carrying Out Massive Evangelism and Recruitment in UNN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.