Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,534 members, 7,816,302 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:11 AM

Supreme Court Today Signed The Death Warrant Of Nigerians Come 2019 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Supreme Court Today Signed The Death Warrant Of Nigerians Come 2019 (8281 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Speaks On Behalf Of Muslims In Court Today (Video) / Senate Issues Warrant Of Arrest On Hameed Ali / President Buhari Has Signed The Paris Agreement (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Supreme Court Today Signed The Death Warrant Of Nigerians Come 2019 by rolchi(m): 10:42am On Feb 04, 2016
dustmalik:

You don't seem to understand the OP's point. We all want positive outcomes, but these judgements have set a precedence.

Which precedence was set when Oyo, Ogun, Lagos, Benue, Jigawa, Bauchi, etc was upheld by the Supreme Court?

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Today Signed The Death Warrant Of Nigerians Come 2019 by GodpunishBuhari: 10:46am On Feb 04, 2016
[s][/s]
bappahman:
Write it down somewhere; in 2019, elections in Rivers, Akwa ibom ,Abia and many states will be deadly, chaotic and bloody because today's supreme Court judgments legalised “get there at any cost“

[s][/s]

Trash trash trash
Re: Supreme Court Today Signed The Death Warrant Of Nigerians Come 2019 by rolchi(m): 10:48am On Feb 04, 2016
bettercreature:
It's actually true,People have realised you can go away with any crime you committed during the election and no justice anywhere,2019 will be deadliest election ever

Nobody has monopoly of violence,EXPECT DEADLIEST ELECTION

Let me ask you a question:

I voted in Bonny Island. The elections in Bonny was so peaceful even on the 15th of April. The PDP won in all PUs except one. But the appeal court annulled the election of NASS from Bonny citing this same card read ish. Now, you can quote me anywhere, even before Sango! The elections in Bonny Island was so peaceful....not one incident!

Was it justice for the elections of the NASS to be cancelled because of Card Readers malfunction?
Re: Supreme Court Today Signed The Death Warrant Of Nigerians Come 2019 by yinny: 10:58am On Feb 04, 2016
It wasn't supreme court faults;
1. Nobody talked when Agbaje cried dt card readers was not used in some parts in Lagos.
2. Electoral Act does not recognised card readers infact its stated dt only voters reg is d only valid doc.
3. Before 2019 INEC would av amended d electoral act otherwise d Politician would be back in biz.
Re: Supreme Court Today Signed The Death Warrant Of Nigerians Come 2019 by sunsewa: 11:10am On Feb 04, 2016
eeyah,ndi na ochi,ndi na akwa meaning some are laughing,while some are crying.
Re: Supreme Court Today Signed The Death Warrant Of Nigerians Come 2019 by akinyeleaa: 11:21am On Feb 04, 2016
jusRadical:

Stop insulting people like a born-throway over things you know not.

Since you do not understand the SE politics, then keep quiet. Igbos do not vote parties but persons right.

They do not hate pdp or apc. Rather they the persons that represent them. Under free and fair elections, Ikpeazu will never win Otti because an average Abian does not like anything associated with TA Orji. Generally, Otti's people are not liked in Abia just like people have reservations for the Mbaise people in Imo State. Why didn't the pdp win in Anambra guber and Imo?
SE politics gini?
Keep deceiving urself. The same shit those abians were telling me back then. U vote personalities abi, and u preffered a Jonathan to Buhari, preffered Wike to Peterside, preffered Otti to Ikpeazu abi, keep deceiving urself
Re: Supreme Court Today Signed The Death Warrant Of Nigerians Come 2019 by obailala(m): 11:24am On Feb 04, 2016
obyrich:
Supreme court interpreted the law without bias. Use of card readers is not recognised by the current electoral law. It is the responsibility of APC/Buhari to amend the law to incorporate card readers as a valid method of accreditation. Meanwhile sorry for your loss.
With APC wielding all the powers at Abuja, do you really think the APC would want to amend that law before 2019 knowing that the status-quo would favour them in the 2019 elections? I think that is what the Op is trying to point out; it is the PDP that should be pushing to amend that law now.
Re: Supreme Court Today Signed The Death Warrant Of Nigerians Come 2019 by figment232(m): 11:35am On Feb 04, 2016
obasiken:
The judgement of the supreme court so far clearly shows that they are in favour of the incumbents. So candidates will do anything to be the incumbent and the supreme courts will support them.

The supreme court shud have set an example with one state. What is the use of the card readers? With all the evidence of massive rigging yet the judges turned a blind eye.

Truly Justice is Blind

CRY ME A MIGHTY OCEAN
Re: Supreme Court Today Signed The Death Warrant Of Nigerians Come 2019 by ndcide(m): 11:56am On Feb 04, 2016
Lawsimon:
so you are saying that the supreme court should allow the blood of innocent voters kill by pdp to go just like that

Was that what was before the court?
Re: Supreme Court Today Signed The Death Warrant Of Nigerians Come 2019 by durasome(m): 12:30pm On Feb 04, 2016
obasiken:
The judgement of the supreme court so far clearly shows that they are in favour of the incumbents. So candidates will do anything to be the incumbent and the supreme courts will support them.

The supreme court shud have set an example with one state. What is the use of the card readers? With all the evidence of massive rigging yet the judges turned a blind eye.

Truly Justice is Blind

.without taking time to look at these evidence that the lower courts looked into. before the nullification of those elections.they went ahead to uphold these elections thereby throwing caution into the wind.the handwriting doesn't hold much good for our future elections.it says do whatever u want to just to get there,the supreme court is for you.naija I hail thee.
Re: Supreme Court Today Signed The Death Warrant Of Nigerians Come 2019 by HzRF(m): 1:03pm On Feb 04, 2016
kahal29:

How i wish most people here would see what you are seeing without raining insults on you. It will take a miracle from now to prove election rigging through the court cos a judicial precedence has been set and reference would always be made to it. Though it favours some people now but Nigerians will be the biggest loser at the end of the day cos our politicians would use this judgement to their maximum advantage.

All these things are just rants

Didn't supreme Court also legalize Lagos state election base on card reader

When it favors you... It's lawful

When it is vice versa it's now free for all
Re: Supreme Court Today Signed The Death Warrant Of Nigerians Come 2019 by Nobody: 1:49pm On Feb 04, 2016
akinyeleaa:

SE politics gini?
Keep deceiving urself. The same shit those abians were telling me back then. U vote personalities abi, and u preffered a Jonathan to Buhari, preffered Wike to Peterside, preffered Otti to Ikpeazu abi, keep deceiving urself

As I said, you do not know about SE voting psychology.

Why did Imo State vote Rochas of APGA in 2011 as against Ohakim of pdp? Why has Anambra State being voting against Ngige since 2003 to date even when he was in pdp?

Why did they vote thus:

Imo state - APC
Abia - Otti- APGA (preferred)
Enugu - PDP
Ebonyi - PDP
Anambra - APGA

in Abia, Ikpeazu is not really hated. He has a bad baggage, T.A. Orji. If they hate Ikpeazu, then, tell me what the have against him?

In Abia, it will be difficult for anybody backed by either T.A. Orji and Orji Uzor Kalu to win guber election free and square.

In the larger SE community, people like Jim Nwobodo, Sam Egwu, Nzeribe, Chimaroke Nnamani, Chris Uba, Andy Uba, TA orji, Uzor kalu, Rochas, etc will find it difficult winning elections.
Re: Supreme Court Today Signed The Death Warrant Of Nigerians Come 2019 by akinyeleaa: 2:03pm On Feb 04, 2016
jusRadical:

As I said, you do not know about SE voting psychology.

Why did Imo State vote Rochas of APGA in 2011 as against Ohakim of pdp? Why has Anambra State being voting against Ngige since 2003 to date even when he was in pdp?

Why did they vote thus:

Imo state - APC
Abia - Otti- APGA (preferred)
Enugu - PDP
Ebonyi - PDP
Anambra - APGA

in Abia, Ikpeazu is not really hated. He has a bad baggage, T.A. Orji. If they hate Ikpeazu, then, tell me what the have against him?

In Abia, it will be difficult for anybody backed by either T.A. Orji and Orji Uzor Kalu to win guber election free and square.

In the larger SE community, people like Jim Nwobodo, Sam Egwu, Nzeribe, Chimaroke Nnamani, Chris Uba, Andy Uba, TA orji, Uzor kalu, Rochas, etc will find it difficult winning elections.
So how come the same Orji won his senatorial bid.
Forget trash, I understand the voting pattern, as a matter of fact, I conducted the last general elections in Abia state, if u know igberre(OUK village), u pple were averse to anything APC.
Re: Supreme Court Today Signed The Death Warrant Of Nigerians Come 2019 by Nobody: 2:25pm On Feb 04, 2016
9jatriot:
The judgments of the supreme court implies that win at all cost first (through killing, maiming, intimidation, rigging etc) then let your opponents go to the courts and fight and let the courts uphold the elections. The card reader though not perfect clamped the hands of riggers in the last election in a lot of places. Instead of the usual way of just writing figures on the result sheet without caution and sometimes exceeding the total number of registered voters in the process, the card reader tried to ensure that there will at least be an election and if you must input figures in the result sheet, you will have a maximum to work with so as not to exceed the accredited voters. As imperfect as this may sound, it was a step forward in our electioneary process, the next step would have been electronic voting or a simple improvement on the use of card reader.

The do or die style of election has been officially recognized by the highest court in the land simply put.
Are you saying all these because APC lost?
Re: Supreme Court Today Signed The Death Warrant Of Nigerians Come 2019 by Nobody: 2:30pm On Feb 04, 2016
akinyeleaa:

So how come the same Orji won his senatorial bid.
Forget trash, I understand the voting pattern, as a matter of fact, I conducted the last general elections in Abia state, if u know igberre(OUK village), u pple were averse to anything APC.

You conducted elections in Abia state right?

Now I ask you. Do Abians like pdp? Do they like T.A. Orji? Do you think that T.A. Orji won free and fair? If you were at abia during the elections, you would know that TA is hated in abia. He won in his senatorial zone as a result of rigging and intimidation. Remember how his son ikuku, moslested abia state.

Yes the SE generally prefer pdp but APC won in Imo State and not pdp. Apga won in anambra but not pdp.

Why?
Re: Supreme Court Today Signed The Death Warrant Of Nigerians Come 2019 by 9jatriot(m): 2:42pm On Feb 04, 2016
No. The card reader does not know political party, despite its drawback, it brought some sort of sanity to the process. Telling politicians that they can rig blatantly and ask their opponents to contest the results will lead to desperate rigging from both parties in future elections. My take.
quid:

Are you saying all these because APC lost?
Re: Supreme Court Today Signed The Death Warrant Of Nigerians Come 2019 by Nobody: 3:03pm On Feb 04, 2016
9jatriot:
No. The card reader does not know political party, despite its drawback, it brought some sort of sanity to the process.
If the card reader has drawbacks, then it might also take some sanity AWAY from the process.
Re: Supreme Court Today Signed The Death Warrant Of Nigerians Come 2019 by 9jatriot(m): 9:17pm On Feb 04, 2016
Every process uses feedbacks from practical experience to improve on the system, what ever drawback it has can be rectified and fine tuned.
quid:

If the card reader has drawbacks, then it might also take some sanity AWAY from the process.
Re: Supreme Court Today Signed The Death Warrant Of Nigerians Come 2019 by akinyeleaa: 10:35pm On Feb 05, 2016
jusRadical:

You conducted elections in Abia state right?

Now I ask you. Do Abians like pdp? Do they like T.A. Orji? Do you think that T.A. Orji won free and fair? If you were at abia during the elections, you would know that TA is hated in abia. He won in his senatorial zone as a result of rigging and intimidation. Remember how his son ikuku, moslested abia state.

Yes the SE generally prefer pdp but APC won in Imo State and not pdp. Apga won in anambra but not pdp.

Why?
Abians do not hate PDP but some had problems with Ikpeazu cos Ochendo was sponsoring him. IMHO, I think that's being unfair to Ikpeazu plus the fact that there was this conspiracy of shielding power from the ngwas. People in the community I lived(Igberre) supported otti cos OUK had issues with Ochendo, now tell me if that is fair to Ikpeazu. They voted PDP at national level, APGA at state and PPA for senate. I honestly think Ikpeazu has been wonderful, if he doesn't change now that he won the SC verdict o
Re: Supreme Court Today Signed The Death Warrant Of Nigerians Come 2019 by Nobody: 12:09pm On Feb 06, 2016
akinyeleaa:

Abians do not hate PDP but some had problems with Ikpeazu cos Ochendo was sponsoring him. IMHO, I think that's being unfair to Ikpeazu plus the fact that there was this conspiracy of shielding power from the ngwas. People in the community I lived(Igberre) supported otti cos OUK had issues with Ochendo, now tell me if that is fair to Ikpeazu. They voted PDP at national level, APGA at state and PPA for senate. I honestly think Ikpeazu has been wonderful, if he doesn't change now that he won the SC verdict o

That was what I was saying. The politics of Igbos is a bit complex.

For the fact that the igberres voted because of OUK does not mean that abia generally will vote for OUK.

You now see what I am saying. Igbos look at persons and not parties. Look at anambra state, they did not vote pdp but apga. Not because of Ojukwu but because of Peter Obi.

Rochas would find difficult winning election in the wider SE: not because of apc but because of his person.
Re: Supreme Court Today Signed The Death Warrant Of Nigerians Come 2019 by naijagobetter(m): 1:26pm On Feb 06, 2016
Buhari has to focus more attention on those guys, if not we are in for a long ride.
Re: Supreme Court Today Signed The Death Warrant Of Nigerians Come 2019 by kahal29: 7:03am On Dec 11, 2018
2019 is here
Re: Supreme Court Today Signed The Death Warrant Of Nigerians Come 2019 by bappahman: 3:55pm On Dec 11, 2018
Same electoral act

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Presidency Launches #AskVillaNG To Address Questions From Nigerians Weekly / Rivers Rerun: INEC Panel Indicts Security / Atiku Missed His Chance In 2007 Says ANN Presidential Candidate, Olawepo-hashim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.