Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:12 AM

22-yr-old Surrenders To Police After Killing Cousin Over Girlfriend - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 22-yr-old Surrenders To Police After Killing Cousin Over Girlfriend (31583 Views)

Houses Set On Fire After Man Killed His Cousin Over Missing Laptop In Imo.Photos / Tanzanian Thief Surrenders To Police As Stolen Bag 'Refuses To Leave His Head' / I Went Into Robbery To Prepare For My Baby’s Arrival – 22-yr-old Graduate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

22-yr-old Surrenders To Police After Killing Cousin Over Girlfriend by shamecurls(m): 6:43am On Feb 04, 2016
22-yr-old surrenders to police after killing cousin over girlfriend

Just like Macbeth, in Shakespeare’s play of same name, murdered sleep and could no longer sleep, 22-year-old Ndifreke Joseph Clement, disturbed by sleepless nights and traumatic experiences after murdering his 23-year-old cousin, Ubong Edet, surrendered himself to police six months after the crime.
culprit

Clement, a native of Akon Itam, Itu Local Government Area, Akwa Ibom State, who handed himself over to police at Ikot Akpan Abia, Uyo, said he slashed his cousin’s throat after beating him to coma because Edet slept with his girlfriend in August 2015.

He told Vanguard: “I cannot remember the exact date now, but it occurred in a night in August 2015 in the one room apartment we shared. On that day, I returned from work to meet the door locked.

“I knocked on the door and waited for over five minutes before my cousin could come to open the door. When I went into the room, I saw my girlfriend weeping and blood running from her nostrils.

“I asked her what happened and she said Ubong beat, wounded and forcefully had sex with her. But after opening the door for me, Ubong went away and did not come back until very late in the night.

‘We fought for a very long time’

“When I asked him why he did what he did to my girlfriend, he started punching me and I retaliated.

“We fought for a very long time before I could subdue him. I then picked my cow-butchering knife and cut his throat, carried his dead body and dumped it in the bush very close to the house and threw the knife into the pit toilet.

“I have brought myself to the police even when nobody knew that I killed him. I have come to plead for forgiveness because since I killed my cousin, I no longer have peace of mind. I am always disturbed in my mind and dream.”

The Akwa Ibom State Police Public Relations Officer, PPRO, ASP Cordelia Nwawe, said the suspect would be arraigned for the court to decide whether he had any right to take the life of another person.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/02/22-yr-old-surrenders-to-police-after-killing-cousin-over-girlfriend/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 22-yr-old Surrenders To Police After Killing Cousin Over Girlfriend by Ourown(m): 6:48am On Feb 04, 2016
Nawah ooo,,,

22 yrs old, you shouldn't have let your anger make you Kill your cousin naa....

Buh your dead cousin is a bat!

35 Likes

Re: 22-yr-old Surrenders To Police After Killing Cousin Over Girlfriend by skup008(m): 6:49am On Feb 04, 2016
RIP to the dead.
Re: 22-yr-old Surrenders To Police After Killing Cousin Over Girlfriend by pyyxxaro: 7:15am On Feb 04, 2016
Re: 22-yr-old Surrenders To Police After Killing Cousin Over Girlfriend by pyyxxaro: 7:20am On Feb 04, 2016
No Peace and No shìt for the wicked

@Cow butchering Knife cry

That Knife nor be joke o

Bread knife de learn self cry

Now his gonna spend time in Akwa Ibom kirikiri

Na free accommodation shaaa

3 Likes

Re: 22-yr-old Surrenders To Police After Killing Cousin Over Girlfriend by Rukkydelta(f): 7:46am On Feb 04, 2016
Who is to blame ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 22-yr-old Surrenders To Police After Killing Cousin Over Girlfriend by Guyman02: 2:34pm On Feb 04, 2016
Killed your cousin for shining the Kongo of your girlfriend, your cousins life is finished, your own life is finished and the girl will simply move on to a better guy. Lesson for guys, never fight another guy over a girl.

When we were in school, a friend almost killed another guy using cultists after she claimed she was raped by him in the guys house when she visited him (wetin she find go there?) I had to intervene to make him realize she was not worth it. Shortly after, she left him to start a new relationship with a ministers rich son which broke his heart. Today he is grateful to me for saving him from self destruction and the other guy (who denied raping her) over a girl back in school

58 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 22-yr-old Surrenders To Police After Killing Cousin Over Girlfriend by Bigpicture(f): 2:35pm On Feb 04, 2016
Hmmmmm!

Oro sunuku.... Oju sunuku la fi wo

3 Likes

Re: 22-yr-old Surrenders To Police After Killing Cousin Over Girlfriend by MrAboki: 2:35pm On Feb 04, 2016
His Cousin was an infidel who deserved to die.

If he meets that pig in paradise, he should slaughter him again. angry

Under the Sharia justice system, he would be set free.

Pigs deserve nothing less. angry

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 22-yr-old Surrenders To Police After Killing Cousin Over Girlfriend by Frank3n2(m): 2:36pm On Feb 04, 2016
U
Re: 22-yr-old Surrenders To Police After Killing Cousin Over Girlfriend by Ezebinaugwu(m): 2:36pm On Feb 04, 2016
Guyman02:

For your mind you don book space abi?
Sorry FTC no reach you
Re: 22-yr-old Surrenders To Police After Killing Cousin Over Girlfriend by Ezebinaugwu(m): 2:37pm On Feb 04, 2016
Guyman02:

Guy been booking space back to back h
Re: 22-yr-old Surrenders To Police After Killing Cousin Over Girlfriend by Nobody: 2:38pm On Feb 04, 2016
useless boy
Re: 22-yr-old Surrenders To Police After Killing Cousin Over Girlfriend by DOCTORDONE: 2:38pm On Feb 04, 2016
What did you gain now? Cos of woman you'll end ur life in jail. angryWhat did you gain now? Cos of woman you'll end ur life in jail.

1 Like

Re: 22-yr-old Surrenders To Police After Killing Cousin Over Girlfriend by Nobody: 2:38pm On Feb 04, 2016
On the bright side a rapist is dead, they should reduce it to manslaughter, since it's not pre-meditated

8 Likes

Re: 22-yr-old Surrenders To Police After Killing Cousin Over Girlfriend by falseman(m): 2:38pm On Feb 04, 2016
Well we can call him all sort of names forgetting he killed out of anger. He summoned the courage to confess his sin no matter the consequences that follows. You may see a murderer but I see a forgiven soul.

72 Likes

Re: 22-yr-old Surrenders To Police After Killing Cousin Over Girlfriend by Nicepoker(m): 2:39pm On Feb 04, 2016
Enjoy ur stay in prison. For ur cousin. He is in hell. For the girl she can move into another family and continue her work.

3 Likes

Re: 22-yr-old Surrenders To Police After Killing Cousin Over Girlfriend by etibaba(m): 2:39pm On Feb 04, 2016
Speechless
Re: 22-yr-old Surrenders To Police After Killing Cousin Over Girlfriend by Frank3n2(m): 2:40pm On Feb 04, 2016
Crazy dude.. Killing because of a woman that's not even your wife.. U just uslessed your life.. Goodluck

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 22-yr-old Surrenders To Police After Killing Cousin Over Girlfriend by kboycrew: 2:40pm On Feb 04, 2016
Sorry.
You lost your cousin
you ve lost the girl
you have also lost your freedom
as well as your youth because you will spend the next 20 -30 years behind bars.
so sorry for your losses.
All becuse of 5mins of anger & ......

6 Likes

Re: 22-yr-old Surrenders To Police After Killing Cousin Over Girlfriend by ogahope(m): 2:41pm On Feb 04, 2016
Akwa Ibom with history of evil news of killing-killing all the time. May God have mercy on you.

1 Like

Re: 22-yr-old Surrenders To Police After Killing Cousin Over Girlfriend by awa(m): 2:41pm On Feb 04, 2016
And please where is the girlfriend now?
Some guys could be so funny...
Re: 22-yr-old Surrenders To Police After Killing Cousin Over Girlfriend by olatex25(m): 2:42pm On Feb 04, 2016
Bedtime killing..... stupidity of the highest order
Re: 22-yr-old Surrenders To Police After Killing Cousin Over Girlfriend by Nicepoker(m): 2:42pm On Feb 04, 2016
falseman:
ff
double ff ur own serious. It means. F00lish f00l.
Re: 22-yr-old Surrenders To Police After Killing Cousin Over Girlfriend by Nobody: 2:42pm On Feb 04, 2016
Konji causing problems since 01 bc
Re: 22-yr-old Surrenders To Police After Killing Cousin Over Girlfriend by Nicepoker(m): 2:43pm On Feb 04, 2016
ogahope:
Akwa Ibom with history of evil news of killing-killing all the time. May God have mercy on you.
because ogun state is on holiday.

5 Likes

Re: 22-yr-old Surrenders To Police After Killing Cousin Over Girlfriend by joseph1832(m): 2:46pm On Feb 04, 2016
Looks to me like justice was served, even if its jungle. All the same, the said shouldn't have let his anger get the best of him. He should have reported to the police and let them handle it.

However, I also think his girlfriend should be detained because she's complicit in the crime committed.
Re: 22-yr-old Surrenders To Police After Killing Cousin Over Girlfriend by Nicepoker(m): 2:46pm On Feb 04, 2016
osamaBUSH:
A.I will modify for u.
Re: 22-yr-old Surrenders To Police After Killing Cousin Over Girlfriend by pretydiva(f): 2:47pm On Feb 04, 2016
Killed ur blood cousin cos of womanliness..smh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

28-year-old Man Stabbed To Death During Argument With Keke Rider In Otukpo / Robber Shoots Self While Fleeing From Scene / Pastor Rapes 15-year-old Girl In Ondo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.