Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,141 members, 7,818,432 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:31 PM

Iphone: Why Majority Of Nigerians Don't Use The Device - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Iphone: Why Majority Of Nigerians Don't Use The Device (45104 Views)

Why Majority Of Nigerians Don't Use The Iphone Device / Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? / Don't Use Second-Hand Phones - NCC Warns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Iphone: Why Majority Of Nigerians Don't Use The Device by Nobody: 10:51pm On Feb 04, 2016
Chimdiebere:
REAL FACT!

Stuffs Androids can do that most iOS devices can't and will never do

#App integration- on Android every time you download an app it integrates with the others and you can easily others e.g if I wanted to send something from my drop box to a guy on whatsapp no problem, it'll go, but on iOS you can't just do the same

Apps integration already exist on iphones.

Chimdiebere:

#HD resolution- I don't know why Apple doesn't get it, HD resolution is everywhere, your TV is HD resolution even Android phones have better HD resolution unlike iOS that brings out a "funky " odd stupid resolution .

Iphone 6s plus has a display of 1920x1080 pixel with 401 ppi. That is full HD, though not as high as the Qhd found on galaxy s6 or LG v10, but u can hardly see pixels on a FHD 5 inch phone with 1080p display unless u are really looking for it. Moreover iphones have retina display which tweaks the display to make it look sharper.

Chimdiebere:

#Flashing custom ROMS- this is a feature that iOS even in the next 100 years will never be able to do(you can argue all you want ), on android if you don't like the look and feel of your phone or your OEM isn't pushing updates to the market you could simply flash in a custom ROM, but make sure you've unlocked your boot loader and you have root access.

Why do u need to flash a custom rom when the one that came with the phone is already perfect. People flash custom roms on android because they don't like the rom that came with the phone, or to get updates. But since apple push updates to their phones all at the same time, there's no need to flash custom roms.. another advantage IOS has over android. Do u really think a busy businessman has a time to be flashing custom roms? That sh^t is meant for the kids. An average man wants a phone that works the way it is without having to flash custom roms.

Chimdiebere:

# NFC capability- Most devices even Blackberry have NFC capabilities, NFC on android can be used to transfer data and even make some kinda payments, but on iOS its not just possible.

Iphone 6 has NFC, though it is restricted to Apple pay, but it is there.

Chimdiebere:

#System iptables- on Android , you need root permissions to proxify your whole system and also proxies can be used to even access payments and apps that don't respect proxies will be forced to! but on iOS you can't do the same

Did u say system update? You know that is one of the main advantages IOS has over Android. Also IOS has VPN, u can change ur Ip so I don't know where u get this ur comment from. You realize rooting voids ur warranty right? How many people do u think have time and know how to root their device? See this is why high class people use Iphones because they don't have time for rooting or flashing or tweaking, it just works out of the box. Don't forget u can also jailbreak ur iphone for the power users. You can manually change proxy and there are lots of VPN apps on the Apple App store.

Chimdiebere:

Switchable Keyboard- Android being a very unique device has the ability to switch keyboards without root, but on iOS I'll have to Jailbreak my phone and it doesn't just work that right.

You must have been sleeping for a long time, Iphones now support 3rd party keyboards.

Chimdiebere:

# CPU overclocking- This is an Android speciality, iOS users back off! on android over clocking is everything a phone needs to perform faster, but android OEMS won't allow you to change the clock speeds of your phone , so you'll need a custom ROM and Kernel to do this, but on iOS its a mere dream!

Seriously? Really? You had to include this? How is this an advantage?

1. You won't need to overclock ur phone if ur OEM use the right chip and configurations for ur phone. I mean what is ur reason to overclock? To make ur phone run faster right? So what if ur phone is already fast and very optimized, do u also need to overclock just for the sake of it? There are no apps on the App store that the iphone can't handle, so why do u need to overclock ur CPU? If u are using a high end android phone like the galaxy note 5 then what is the need to overclock ur CPU? What app do u want to run that the default setting cannot run smoothly? This is actually an advantage IOS has over Android.

2. To be able to overclock ur cpu u need to root ur phone and void ur warranty. If u check nairaland phone section there are lots of threads about bricked android phones or android phones that have contracted virus. Why is this? because people root their phones, overclock their cpu, flash custom roms, etc. You don't need all these on iphones, it just works. Overclocking makes ur phone overheat, i really do not see the need for it if ur phone has the right specs. Again do u think serious minded people have the time to be doing all these? If i need to root my phone, flash custom roms and overclock my cpu before my phone can run fine then I'd rather stay with Iphone.

Chimdiebere:

#Glory- what do I mean by glory? Android has been the powerful OS when its comes to extreme customizations and tweaks, that's why iOS and windows users are dying to reach our glory!

What glory? Android is a more functional OS i agree, but IOS is better managed and optimized and that is why an app that runs great on 1gb and dual core iphone 6 will need an octacore and 3-4gb on android to run as smooth as it does on an Iphone. Serious minded people don't have time for customization and tweaks, it is meant for the kids and tech savvy which make up a small amount of cunsumers. If u think IOS is bad then why do people line up to by a new Iphone year after year?

Chimdiebere:

# Storage management - why doesn't Apple want to grow up for one day? on Apple phones you're stuck with whatever they offer you as storage e.g 16GB and if it's full you're on your own and you can't add external storage card, even Windows smart phones are even better than iPhones when it comes to this because on Windows, I can add external SD card of up to 256GB. on android you can either increase your internal memory (Advanced users only) or if you don't want to then just add any SD card as high as 200gb as your additional memory to suite your need.

This is the only reasonable point u made. Even at that some android oems are ditching the sd card, galaxy s6, s6 edge, note 5 don't even have an sd card slot. Even Google's own Nexus P doesn't have an SD card slot, androids are gradually ditching the sd card. If u think 16gb is too small for ur iphone, they also have a 128gb version wich is more than enough for everything u need on a mobile phone. The thing is there are too many cheap sd cards out there, Apple doesn't wan't u messing with ur memory. These substandard cards tend to slow down phones after a while, it is a fact. Samsung knew this and they ditched the sd card in their latest flagship and now samsung phones are no longer those phones that run slow after a few months. Google also know this and they have refused to add SD cards on thei NEXUS because those phones will get a bad review when it starts slowing down due to the substandard SD cards.

Chimdiebere:

Malware warning- on Android, even after your phone is rooted, if a malware is released and gets into your phone, your phone will simply warn you before you install that app, but on ios once you jailbreak your phone, then you're on your own. Any malware from Cydia could easily enter your phone without you knowing it!

Bollocks. Who on this planet doesn't know that android phones are more prone to virus than Iphones.

Chimdiebere:

CONCLUSION: 70% of the things we do on android without root is what iOS users have to jailbreak their phones to do! Shame on you guys! we're even better off than them. iPhone users I know deep down inside you , you're extremely annoyed at what I wrote, but its just an attribute to show you how sweet and lovable Android is and will always be! Android users , if you support me click Like , iOS users if you don't then click share! lemme see any iPhone user that will come here and yan nonsense whether thunder from hell no go fire am!

Most of ur points are BOLLOCKS.

4 Likes

Re: Iphone: Why Majority Of Nigerians Don't Use The Device by dabigjoe6(m): 11:45pm On Feb 04, 2016
greenhulk:
There is only 1 reason.....

PRICE.

If the iPhone sells for the same price as infinix hot note, then trust me people will say 'to hell with customization or tweaking or inability to transfer files'.

If the iPhone sells for the same price as gionee m5, then u will know customization, tweaking, changing of imei doesn't mean sh*t.

if iPhone were to be the same price has Infinix and the rest trust me people will not hype about it anymore it would just be one regular phone people don't really care about.
Re: Iphone: Why Majority Of Nigerians Don't Use The Device by Chimdiebere(m): 11:45pm On Feb 04, 2016
greenhulk:

Apps integration already exist on iphones.

Iphone 6s plus has a display of 1920x1080 pixel with 401 ppi. That is full HD, though not as high as the Qhd found on galaxy s6 or LG v10, but u can hardly see pixels on a FHD 5 inch phone with 1080p display unless u are really looking for it. Moreover iphones have retina display which tweaks the display to make it look sharper.

Why do u need to flash a custom rom when the one that came with the phone is already perfect. People flash custom roms on android because they don't like the rom that came with the phone, or to get updates. But since apple push updates to their phones all at the same time, there's no need to flash custom roms.. another advantage IOS has over android. Do u really think a busy businessman has a time to be flashing custom roms? That sh^t is meant for the kids. An average man wants a phone that works the way it is without having to flash custom roms.

Iphone 6 has NFC, though it is restricted to Apple pay, but it is there.

Did u say system update? You know that is one of the main advantages IOS has over Android. Also IOS has VPN, u can change ur Ip so I don't know where u get this ur comment from. You realize rooting voids ur warranty right? How many people do u think have time and know how to root their device? See this is why high class people use Iphones because they don't have time for rooting or flashing or tweaking, it just works out of the box. Don't forget u can also jailbreak ur iphone for the power users. You can manually change proxy and there are lots of VPN apps on the Apple App store.

You must have been sleeping for a long time, Iphones now support 3rd party keyboards.

Seriously? Really? You had to include this? How is this an advantage?

1. You won't need to overclock ur phone if ur OEM use the right chip and configurations for ur phone. I mean what is ur reason to overclock? To make ur phone run faster right? So what if ur phone is already fast and very optimized, do u also need to overclock just for the sake of it? There are no apps on the App store that the iphone can't handle, so why do u need to overclock ur CPU? If u are using a high end android phone like the galaxy note 5 then what is the need to overclock ur CPU? What app do u want to run that the default setting cannot run smoothly? This is actually an advantage IOS has over Android.

2. To be able to overclock ur cpu u need to root ur phone and void ur warranty. If u check nairaland phone section there are lots of threads about bricked android phones or android phones that have contracted virus. Why is this? because people root their phones, overclock their cpu, flash custom roms, etc. You don't need all these on iphones, it just works. Overclocking makes ur phone overheat, i really do not see the need for it if ur phone has the right specs. Again do u think serious minded people have the time to be doing all these? If i need to root my phone, flash custom roms and overclock my cpu before my phone can run fine then I'd rather stay with Iphone.

What glory? Android is a more functional OS i agree, but IOS is better managed and optimized and that is why an app that runs great on 1gb and dual core iphone 6 will need an octacore and 3-4gb on android to run as smooth as it does on an Iphone. Serious minded people don't have time for customization and tweaks, it is meant for the kids and tech savvy which make up a small amount of cunsumers. If u think IOS is bad then why do people line up to by a new Iphone year after year?

This is the only reasonable point u made. Even at that some android oems are ditching the sd card, galaxy s6, s6 edge, note 5 don't even have an sd card slot. Even Google's own Nexus P doesn't have an SD card slot, androids are gradually ditching the sd card. If u think 16gb is too small for ur iphone, they also have a 128gb version wich is more than enough for everything u need on a mobile phone. The thing is there are too many cheap sd cards out there, Apple doesn't wan't u messing with ur memory. These substandard cards tend to slow down phones after a while, it is a fact. Samsung knew this and they ditched the sd card in their latest flagship and now samsung phones are no longer those phones that run slow after a few months. Google also know this and they have refused to add SD cards on thei NEXUS because those phones will get a bad review when it starts slowing down due to the substandard SD cards.

Bollocks. Who on this planet doesn't know that android phones are more prone to virus than Iphones.

Most of ur points are BOLLOCKS.
I know what am saying you're not an Android user! even Those using Windows don't argue with others, they just watch! Nigga get your mind right
Re: Iphone: Why Majority Of Nigerians Don't Use The Device by Chimdiebere(m): 11:58pm On Feb 04, 2016
one more core fact that might amaze you which you just can't argue with , on Android, its very "easy" to bypass in-app billing thanks to some apps like lucky patcher and some other greater apps that I won't mention their names for security reasons. I've "cheated" a lot of app developers on Android phones and I get upgrades for free, but iPhone (upon the whole jailbreak) can't even run an interactive shell command line like Androids will do. So many app developers prefer iOS than Android in terms of profit, (but there's still piracy on iOS, but a very little bit unlike Android) but the most preferred is Windows phone! even iPhone is a learner to Windows smartphone when it comes to security! that's why Windows OS is indeed the hardest nut to crack for hackers, because I've never heard of any jailbreak on Windows OS . Microsoft doesn't give a shit to whoever that tries to "jailbreak" their Windows smartphone, they'll practically flush out that system and the phone becomes useless! unlike Apple that keep on patching jailbreak anyhow

2 Likes

Re: Iphone: Why Majority Of Nigerians Don't Use The Device by MsZeezah: 12:11am On Feb 05, 2016
Chimdiebere:
one more core fact that might amaze you which you just can't argue with , on Android, its very "easy" to bypass in-app billing thanks to some apps like lucky patcher and some other greater apps that I won't mention their names for security reasons. I've "cheated" a lot of app developers on Android phones and I get upgrades for free, but iPhone (upon the whole jailbreak) can't even run an interactive shell command line like Androids will do. So many app developers prefer iOS than Android in terms of profit, (but there's still piracy on iOS, but a very little bit unlike Android) but the most preferred is Windows phone! even iPhone is a learner to Windows smartphone when it comes to security! that's why Windows OS is indeed the hardest nut to crack for hackers, because I've never heard of any jailbreak on Windows OS . Microsoft doesn't give a shit to whoever that tries to "jailbreak" their Windows smartphone, they'll practically flush out that system and the phone becomes useless! unlike Apple that keep on patching jailbreak anyhow
All your points are based on jailbreaks and tweaks and bypassing security and all stuff. Yea, you make good points but not all those points are valid.

Why would I wanna bypass paying for an app I use if I wanted it? Its either I pay or leave it for the developers. If you were a developer who slaved for hours developing your code and perfecting it, and everybody get cheats and stuff and bypass paying for it, how are you gonna feel? jeez!

2 Likes

Re: Iphone: Why Majority Of Nigerians Don't Use The Device by Nobody: 12:13am On Feb 05, 2016
MsZeezah:

The same way you wrote there with all convictions that iPhones have bad batteries when there are loads of those with good batteries out there. I have used Samsung S4 and S5 and it was the battery life amongst all others that made me decide to switch to the iOS. If they sell BlackBerry phones out here, I would have gone for it without batting an eyelid. One of my relatives is still rocking the Z10 I used in 2012. No battery issues, OS stayed sleek as ever. Never been repaired.
Same here, I am currently using a Samsung galaxy s5 it's not even up to 6 months and I am already having battery issues and I sometimes charge my phone 3 times a day. Android no be am @ all. let me try ios and see how it performs.

2 Likes

Re: Iphone: Why Majority Of Nigerians Don't Use The Device by NemzySeries(m): 12:22am On Feb 05, 2016
D price of an iPhone is not rili much of a problem to me but me beef wit dem is dat deir fones are not user fwendly @ all kpata kpata.....d corner corner 4 d fone too much abeg
Re: Iphone: Why Majority Of Nigerians Don't Use The Device by abatically(m): 12:34am On Feb 05, 2016
Chimdiebere:
I know what am saying you're not an Android user! even Those using Windows don't argue with others, they just watch! Nigga get your mind right

Lol. Antispambot banned me wtf. Anyway I'm greenhulk. I have countered all ur points and all u could say is that I'm not an Android user? Dude I use both ios and Android , I know the good and bad of both OS and I'm telling u ios is more like a finished product while Android is more like a beta os.

Oya see my phone, does this look like an iPhone to u?

2 Likes

Re: Iphone: Why Majority Of Nigerians Don't Use The Device by abatically(m): 12:41am On Feb 05, 2016
Chimdiebere:

And this is why Android is better than ios? By sideloading apps? Seriously u should come up with better points. This is why developers don't even bother to put more effort in making Android apps because they know they don't make much profit on Android. And this is why apps run better and faster on an iPhone with dual core and 1gb of RAM than on some Android's with octacore and 3gb of RAM. Another win for apple right there. Keep em coming.

1 Like

Re: Iphone: Why Majority Of Nigerians Don't Use The Device by Chimdiebere(m): 12:42am On Feb 05, 2016
abatically:

Lol. Antispambot banned me wtf. Anyway I'm greenhulk. I have countered all ur points and all u could say is that I'm not an Android user? Dude I use both ios and Android , I know the good and bad of both OS and I'm telling u ios is more like a finished product while Android is more like a beta os.

Oya see my phone, does this look like an iPhone to u?
Hmmm, I see your using a Samsung Galaxy S6, just hope it isn't Mediatek
Re: Iphone: Why Majority Of Nigerians Don't Use The Device by abatically(m): 1:10am On Feb 05, 2016
Chimdiebere:
Hmmm, I see your using a Samsung Galaxy S5, just hope it isn't Mediatek

E be like say eyes dey pain u. Does that look like an s5 to u? And do I sound like someone that use mediatek? Do u want to see cpu z result?

2 Likes

Re: Iphone: Why Majority Of Nigerians Don't Use The Device by Chimdiebere(m): 2:40am On Feb 05, 2016
MsZeezah:

All your points are based on jailbreaks and tweaks and bypassing security and all stuff. Yea, you make good points but not all those points are valid.

Why would I wanna bypass paying for an app I use if I wanted it? Its either I pay or leave it for the developers. If you were a developer who slaved for hours developing your code and perfecting it, and everybody get cheats and stuff and bypass paying for it, how are you gonna feel? jeez!
its simple, I'll create an app that will enslave other apps on Android and payments will be free no matter what
Re: Iphone: Why Majority Of Nigerians Don't Use The Device by Chimdiebere(m): 2:55am On Feb 05, 2016
and one more thing I just discovered which you can't argue the fact that Android is over iOS , Is the ability to do "screen recording". What's screen recording? this is when you can make a video tutorial using your phone without any external camera and Root permission is required to do screen recording on Android , just like those videos on YouTube where you see a guy using his Android phone for a tutorial and you might be wondering how. but iPhone guys can't do screen recording , highest they'll do is to get an external camera and that's why iOS video tutorials always annoy me! You can say and argue whatever you want but its a proven fact! Hope you're hearing this wherever you are Greenhulk. and lastly Being the master of your own device is only possible on Android because Android is a very faithful servant that doesn't easily " disobey " its master, unlike iOS where by whatever Apple says and you dare go against it , then you're on your own ! Apple is 200% against jailbreak, that's why crooked app developers can't just make an app that require jailbreak to work on your iPhone because Apple will instantly reject it at once! Google warns against rooting, but its not just anyhow Root app that Google accepts on their app store due to Google's restrictions on certain policies. So you see, now tell me who doesn't love open source OS .

You can argue all you want but that's just the bitter truth here am telling you iPhone users ! believe it or not!
Re: Iphone: Why Majority Of Nigerians Don't Use The Device by Chimdiebere(m): 3:06am On Feb 05, 2016
iPhone users don't really feel comfortable eating KitKat bars around their Android counterparts for the fear of mockery. That's right , deep down inside you its paining and you know that KitKat is now a Google thingy.

proverb- "whatever an iPhone can do , an Android will always do better because we're like sorcerers. But whatever an Android will do and survive easily, then iPhone users should back off! don't argue this fact because it's true, but you might not know what to say
Re: Iphone: Why Majority Of Nigerians Don't Use The Device by Nobody: 4:29am On Feb 05, 2016
dumo1:

Same here, I am currently using a Samsung galaxy s5 it's not even up to 6 months and I am already having battery issues and I sometimes charge my phone 3 times a day. Android no be am @ all. let me try ios and see how it performs.

Did you pick up ur s5 brand new??
If yes, are u sure your battery wasn't swapped ?

S5 generally isn't a phone that has issues with batteries. It's got a very good battery
Re: Iphone: Why Majority Of Nigerians Don't Use The Device by Nobody: 4:39am On Feb 05, 2016
abatically:

And this is why Android is better than ios? By sideloading apps? Seriously u should come up with better points. This is why developers don't even bother to put more effort in making Android apps because they know they don't make much profit on Android. And this is why apps run better and faster on an iPhone with dual core and 1gb of RAM than on some Android's with octacore and 3gb of RAM. Another win for apple right there. Keep em coming.

The matters of rams and cores have long been discussed. Android uses multi cores to perform its operations while iOS need single cores. Regarding ram, why was the iPhone 6s bumped up to 2GB? Isn't 1GB supposed to perform all opertions flawlessly.

If iOS is as smooth as u always claim. How come iOS 8 was plagued with issues all thru it's life?Apple tried fixing it but they never did and they released close to 8 variations but still had iaaues .

With your other handle you make use of s6 while with this you make of note 5.

abatically:

I have a galaxy note 5 and I know in 2 yrs time it will look obsolete to me and Samsung will not update it because by then they would focus on galaxy note 7, so what is future proof about it?

Re: Iphone: Why Majority Of Nigerians Don't Use The Device by kgr8mike(m): 6:22am On Feb 05, 2016
I have only one reason: It is not made in Nigeria
Re: Iphone: Why Majority Of Nigerians Don't Use The Device by Topmaike007(m): 6:30am On Feb 05, 2016
All of una go argue die what about my precious microsoft lumia 640 xl lte the one and only Oga I feel pride with the phone........................ Team window OS
Re: Iphone: Why Majority Of Nigerians Don't Use The Device by Topmaike007(m): 6:40am On Feb 05, 2016
MsZeezah:

wia z it that you are the only person that make use of your brain here.... Live Them make them dey praise android wey be small pikin OS.... Even if Samsung is sold for 10k I wont buy it because i don't fancy Android again.... Team window OS... Microsoft lumia 640 xl lte rocks like cheat

1 Like

Re: Iphone: Why Majority Of Nigerians Don't Use The Device by makaveli902: 6:59am On Feb 05, 2016
You forgot something else, an average Nigerian owns two or more sim card, they can easily buy a dual sim phone and forget the crop about iPhone iPhone...
Re: Iphone: Why Majority Of Nigerians Don't Use The Device by Jibsonified(m): 7:42am On Feb 05, 2016
Horlufemi:
The day iOS goes open is the day android will die.

And that will be the beginning of iOS' death too
Re: Iphone: Why Majority Of Nigerians Don't Use The Device by Jibsonified(m): 7:45am On Feb 05, 2016
Konpresor012:
Donwise1

Op we have iOS gurus in this house ooo, first lemme start to introduce myself as iOS developer in profession.

You made mention of price, this one I will not argue because iPhone is meant for big people

Who told you iOS lack of total customization? Do know I can customize the theme of iOS device into that of android? As far as your device is jailbkroken you can customize your iDevice the way you want it --------FALSE:

Yes you're right, iOS has less free browsing tweak because it IMEI can't be changed. But come to think of this dude, iOS encrypt IMEI for our own safety. For example, if someone stole/lost my iPhone I can easily locate and retrieve it using IMEI, and if the person that stole your iPhone is in a unknown location, you can easily format your iPhone in other not to have access to some of your important informations. Or u can easily lock the iPhone, it will become useless to him. Reserve the case for android, when someone stole your android phone and changes the IMEI, then that is it.

It can happen to any phone brand, I don't know what you're talking here :/ -----FALSE

As I said earlier, once you jailbreak your iDevice, there's nothing you can't do with it. Those app you mentioned tell me what they do and I will tell you a tweak in cydia that does the same, and you made mentioned of paid app, they are so many cracked app that enables you to download paid apps for free, eg AppCake ------ FALSE:

Very very very untrue, who told you you can't download stuffs from unknown resources? I can mention more than 10 AppStore app that enables you to download everything you see on Internet, eg, iDownloader, Download HD, TDownloader, etc ------ FALSE:

OP who told you that you cant transfer stuffs from iDevice to other phones? We have xender in the AppStore and there is a tweak that enables you transfer files through Bluetooth ------FALSE

Conclusion: OP you just created this thread base on your ignorance for iOS.
Cc; mods, Lalasticlala take note, I may create a thread to counter this thread, we the iPhone users we cant just sit and watch android users spreading lies on us.

Thanks for saving my time to conterthread this post.
Re: Iphone: Why Majority Of Nigerians Don't Use The Device by Jibsonified(m): 7:56am On Feb 05, 2016
iamgiggssleaky:

I admire the way you reason. you are absolutely right about the point you stated. but that's "if it's reduced for only 5days" meaning it will still return to its normal price and the people that got it for that price will only feel lucky they did. moreover, you just gave statistics about the global figure which I blv Nigeria which is the case study here didn't contribute massively to that feat.

I was referring to a situation where the price will completely drop to the extent that an average Nigerian can buy the iPhone and remain that way as it's normal price and not a bonanza.

Keep dreaming... and mind u, when it gets to that dream price of yours, you that I know won't buy it, u know why?! Cos u will be the first to lash out at the drop in its qualities viz: processors, camera, alloy body strength, pixel resolution, security I could go on... but damn it, u know what I'm saying! so why not direct your wailings to the poor situation of the country and demand that the average nigerains should live to that point were they could be able to buy that iPhone of their desire.
Re: Iphone: Why Majority Of Nigerians Don't Use The Device by Horlufemi(m): 7:58am On Feb 05, 2016
Jibsonified:

And that will be the beginning of iOS' death too
please explain
Re: Iphone: Why Majority Of Nigerians Don't Use The Device by Jibsonified(m): 8:10am On Feb 05, 2016
bfatoba:

You're an economist and you're trying to convey your point to masses who "aren't there yet". Class distinction+Brand=Luxury Items.
A company cannot start at the top and work its way down, its preposterous. Thats what lead to the demise of the blackberry empire.
Affordability kills Luxury Items.

This list is like a poor man, listing 10 reasons, why Nigerians don't buy Lambos.

To the Poster above me... Hope this suffice
Re: Iphone: Why Majority Of Nigerians Don't Use The Device by MsZeezah: 8:13am On Feb 05, 2016
Chimdiebere:
its simple, I'll create an app that will enslave other apps on Android and payments will be free no matter what
Yea. Easier said than done. Go and spend hundreds of hours, writing code, debugging, testing and all that and come back and tell me it's free. I hear you.

1 Like

Re: Iphone: Why Majority Of Nigerians Don't Use The Device by Chimdiebere(m): 8:23am On Feb 05, 2016
MsZeezah:

Yea. Easier said than done. Go and spend hundreds of hours, writing code, debugging, testing and all that and come back and tell me it's free. I hear you.
how do you think apps like Lucky patcher were made? uh you think I don't understand how Chelpus programmed Lucky Patcher? Am even planning on something even much better than that but it might come out later on
Re: Iphone: Why Majority Of Nigerians Don't Use The Device by TruthMustBeTold: 8:31am On Feb 05, 2016
well..two times have i decided to buy apple products and i ended up changing my mind on both occassions..i like to experiment and try out new things which after much consideration i discovered dat apple wud not offer..now i hav a samsung galaxy note 10.1 2014 edition 4rm tmobile and a samsung galaxy note 4 verizon all 4rm ebay..both running on android and i havent had a single regret so far even after over a year of usage on both devices..and i cud have gotten its apple contemporary for d same or a lesser price on ebay if i wanted..so for some of us,its about choice and preference,not price..i've done so many tweaks on the phone and tablet and i'm still ready to do more..i always feel like i own'em 100%..i just can't be bottlenecked by any OEM abeeg!
Re: Iphone: Why Majority Of Nigerians Don't Use The Device by Nobody: 8:38am On Feb 05, 2016
To be honest, the Iphone isn't suited for Nigerians. Nigerians love flexibility, and the Iphone doesn't offer that.
Re: Iphone: Why Majority Of Nigerians Don't Use The Device by abatically(m): 8:39am On Feb 05, 2016
ollah1:

The matters of rams and cores have long been discussed. Android uses multi cores to perform its operations while iOS need single cores. Regarding ram, why was the iPhone 6s bumped up to 2GB? Isn't 1GB supposed to perform all opertions flawlessly.

If iOS is as smooth as u always claim. How come iOS 8 was plagued with issues all thru it's life?Apple tried fixing it but they never did and they released close to 8 variations but still had iaaues .

With your other handle you make use of s6 while with this you make of note 5.

I use an s6 and LG g3. My wife uses the note 5. U might be surprised I currently don't have an idevice unless u want to count an iPod as one. Anyway I said, its a personal choice. Between 2014 to early 2015 I used an iPhone 5s with my g3. Sold it and bought the s6.

1 Like

Re: Iphone: Why Majority Of Nigerians Don't Use The Device by Nobody: 8:43am On Feb 05, 2016
ollah1:

Did you pick up ur s5 brand new??
If yes, are u sure your battery wasn't swapped ?

S5 generally isn't a phone that has issues with batteries. It's got a very good battery
I picked it brand new from the box battery was wrapped in its nylon. Samsung isn't generally good when it comes to battery life they should go and learn how Nokia held the game when it came to battery life. Also do research online s5 has battery issues. More like the battery was underpowered do such a high end phone but aside that every other thing works fine.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Xiaomi Mi A3 Unboxing, Review & Price. Mi A3 + GCAM Vs iPhone 11 Pro Camera / The B29 Story: My Experience At Ikeja Computer Village Today / 5 Smart Phones With Best Cameras In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 138
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.