Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:36 AM

Iphone: Why Majority Of Nigerians Don't Use The Device - Phones (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Iphone: Why Majority Of Nigerians Don't Use The Device (45030 Views)

Why Majority Of Nigerians Don't Use The Iphone Device / Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? / Don't Use Second-Hand Phones - NCC Warns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Iphone: Why Majority Of Nigerians Don't Use The Device by iamCross(m): 8:49am On Feb 05, 2016
After this my Infinix Hotnote, I will buy another Infinix Hotnote!
Re: Iphone: Why Majority Of Nigerians Don't Use The Device by TruthMustBeTold: 9:04am On Feb 05, 2016
dumo1:

I picked it brand new from the box battery was wrapped in its nylon. Samsung isn't generally good when it comes to battery life they should go and learn how Nokia held the game when it came to battery life. Also do research online s5 has battery issues. More like the battery was underpowered do such a high end phone but aside that every other thing works fine.
I think the high res display of that phone is too much to bear for a battery of dat capacity
Re: Iphone: Why Majority Of Nigerians Don't Use The Device by abatically(m): 9:25am On Feb 05, 2016
Chimdiebere:
and one more thing I just discovered which you can't argue the fact that Android is over iOS , Is the ability to do "screen recording". What's screen recording? this is when you can make a video tutorial using your phone without any external camera and Root permission is required to do screen recording on Android , just like those videos on YouTube where you see a guy using his Android phone for a tutorial and you might be wondering how. but iPhone guys can't do screen recording , highest they'll do is to get an external camera and that's why iOS video tutorials always annoy me! You can say and argue whatever you want but its a proven fact! Hope you're hearing this wherever you are Greenhulk. and lastly Being the master of your own device is only possible on Android because Android is a very faithful servant that doesn't easily " disobey " its master, unlike iOS where by whatever Apple says and you dare go against it , then you're on your own ! Apple is 200% against jailbreak, that's why crooked app developers can't just make an app that require jailbreak to work on your iPhone because Apple will instantly reject it at once! Google warns against rooting, but its not just anyhow Root app that Google accepts on their app store due to Google's restrictions on certain policies. So you see, now tell me who doesn't love open source OS .

You can argue all you want but that's just the bitter truth here am telling you iPhone users ! believe it or not!

U mean something like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzUiPWg1uEo

1 Like

Re: Iphone: Why Majority Of Nigerians Don't Use The Device by abatically(m): 9:27am On Feb 05, 2016
TruthMustBeTold:
I think the high res display of that phone is too much to bear for a battery of dat capacity

Galaxy s6 has much higher resolution and yet smaller battery than s5.
Re: Iphone: Why Majority Of Nigerians Don't Use The Device by Booyakasha(f): 9:33am On Feb 05, 2016
abatically:

Greenhulk, WhatsApp?
Re: Iphone: Why Majority Of Nigerians Don't Use The Device by fowlyansh181(m): 9:33am On Feb 05, 2016
Chimdiebere:
and one more thing I just discovered which you can't argue the fact that Android is over iOS , Is the ability to do "screen recording". What's screen recording? this is when you can make a video tutorial using your phone without any external camera and Root permission is required to do screen recording on Android , just like those videos on YouTube where you see a guy using his Android phone for a tutorial and you might be wondering how. but iPhone guys can't do screen recording , highest they'll do is to get an external camera and that's why iOS video tutorials always annoy me! You can say and argue whatever you want but its a proven fact! Hope you're hearing this wherever you are Greenhulk. and lastly Being the master of your own device is only possible on Android because Android is a very faithful servant that doesn't easily " disobey " its master, unlike iOS where by whatever Apple says and you dare go against it , then you're on your own ! Apple is 200% against jailbreak, that's why crooked app developers can't just make an app that require jailbreak to work on your iPhone because Apple will instantly reject it at once! Google warns against rooting, but its not just anyhow Root app that Google accepts on their app store due to Google's restrictions on certain policies. So you see, now tell me who doesn't love open source OS .

You can argue all you want but that's just the bitter truth here am telling you iPhone users ! believe it or not!
i can now safely say, this guy knows nothing . claiming knowledge and exhibiting 100% noob characters.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iphone: Why Majority Of Nigerians Don't Use The Device by Booyakasha(f): 9:34am On Feb 05, 2016
fowlyansh181:
i can now safely say, this guy knows nothing . claiming knowledge and exhibiting 100% noob characters.
Kids will always be kids... let the skid be...

1 Like

Re: Iphone: Why Majority Of Nigerians Don't Use The Device by abatically(m): 10:35am On Feb 05, 2016
Booyakasha:

Greenhulk, WhatsApp?

Good
Re: Iphone: Why Majority Of Nigerians Don't Use The Device by iamgiggssleaky(m): 10:38am On Feb 05, 2016
Jibsonified:

Keep dreaming... and mind u, when it gets to that dream price of yours, you that I know won't buy it, u know why?! Cos u will be the first to lash out at the drop in its qualities viz: processors, camera, alloy body strength, pixel resolution, security I could go on... but damn it, u know what I'm saying! so why not direct your wailings to the poor situation of the country and demand that the average nigerains should live to that point were they could be able to buy that iPhone of their desire.

hello!
What is this one saying? Sometimes it is not good to quote a person quoting another person because you didnt follow our conversation right from the beginning.
So i will give you a little task right now, follow my conversation with greenhulk from the begining and tell me what you understood.
Trust me, you have not made any meaningful contribution. Even those that have followed every point i made here would be laffing at how naive you are
Re: Iphone: Why Majority Of Nigerians Don't Use The Device by Chimdiebere(m): 11:29am On Feb 05, 2016
abatically:

U mean something like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzUiPWg1uEo
probably but airshout isn't on App store anymore
Re: Iphone: Why Majority Of Nigerians Don't Use The Device by Chimdiebere(m): 11:32am On Feb 05, 2016
fowlyansh181:
you're a complete asshole for saying that ! as your name implies "Foul nyash" you're truly a foul nyash! shame on you! of all names in this world, even Greenhulk is better than you. and pls am talking from my side of experience which am used to Android and not your iOS or whatever thingy you use
Re: Iphone: Why Majority Of Nigerians Don't Use The Device by abatically(m): 11:39am On Feb 05, 2016
Chimdiebere:
you're a complete asshole for saying that ! as your name implies "Foul nyash" you're truly a foul nyash! shame on you! of all names in this world, even Greenhulk is better than you. and pls am talking from my side of experience which am used to Android and not your iOS or whatever thingy you use

This is uncalled for.
Re: Iphone: Why Majority Of Nigerians Don't Use The Device by Chimdiebere(m): 11:45am On Feb 05, 2016
abatically:

This is uncalled for.
seriously that guy is annoying! angry
Re: Iphone: Why Majority Of Nigerians Don't Use The Device by Booyakasha(f): 12:39pm On Feb 05, 2016
Re: Iphone: Why Majority Of Nigerians Don't Use The Device by Chimdiebere(m): 12:48pm On Feb 05, 2016
Add me too Abatically, there're some things I want to "discuss" , so that my Apple friends will stop disturbing me
Re: Iphone: Why Majority Of Nigerians Don't Use The Device by abatically(m): 12:57pm On Feb 05, 2016
Booyakasha:

Drop your WhatsApp contact... got some things i want to ask you? (you can modify when I've seen it to avoid spammers getting your info)

Re: Iphone: Why Majority Of Nigerians Don't Use The Device by Nobody: 1:14pm On Feb 05, 2016
TruthMustBeTold:
Exactly! You got it right my friend.
Re: Iphone: Why Majority Of Nigerians Don't Use The Device by abatically(m): 1:32pm On Feb 05, 2016
dumo1:

Exactly! You got it right my friend.

I don't think it is the screen resolution. Galaxy s6 has a she screen which is higher than s5 and it also has a smaller battery but the phone performs wonderfully well. I think the problem is from the software. See the way android is designed, apps run in the background so they can open faster when u need them. It is a good thing but can also be a bad thing. Sometimes some apps just run in the background and drain ur battery. This is why there are many app killers in the play store. Do these app killers really work? I don't think so because the moment u kill an app, the app will restart itself after a few seconds.

Sometimes u need to search the apps one by one to see the one killing ur battery, this can be tedious.

2 Likes

Re: Iphone: Why Majority Of Nigerians Don't Use The Device by Booyakasha(f): 1:35pm On Feb 05, 2016
abatically:
seen..
Re: Iphone: Why Majority Of Nigerians Don't Use The Device by Nobody: 2:03pm On Feb 05, 2016
abatically:

I don't think it is the screen resolution. Galaxy s6 has a she screen which is higher than s5 and it also has a smaller battery but the phone performs wonderfully well. I think the problem is from the software. See the way android is designed, apps run in the background so they can open faster when u need them. It is a good thing but can also be a bad thing. Sometimes some apps just run in the background and drain ur battery. This is why there are many app killers in the play store. Do these app killers really work? I don't think so because the moment u kill an app, the app will restart itself after a few seconds.

Sometimes u need to search the apps one by one to see the one killing ur battery, this can be tedious.

Mr abatically u said it all. those app killers don't do poo. I also think it's the software cos it's already asking me for a software update of almost 1 GB.
Re: Iphone: Why Majority Of Nigerians Don't Use The Device by Konpresor012(m): 3:46pm On Feb 05, 2016
Jibsonified:

Thanks for saving my time to conterthread this post.

Welcome, all this bloggers eh, they just want traffic on their site by all means
Re: Iphone: Why Majority Of Nigerians Don't Use The Device by Jibsonified(m): 4:52pm On Feb 05, 2016
iamgiggssleaky:

I admire the way you reason. you are absolutely right about the point you stated. but that's "if it's reduced for only 5days" meaning it will still return to its normal price and the people that got it for that price will only feel lucky they did. moreover, you just gave statistics about the global figure which I blv Nigeria which is the case study here didn't contribute massively to that feat.

I was referring to a situation where the price will completely drop to the extent that an average Nigerian can buy the iPhone and remain that way as it's normal price and not a bonanza.

There goes your dream. Just admit it: You know the value of iPhone but you can't afford it, so instead of blaming the poor economy of Nigeria, you stylishly blame it on the manufacturers. They don't care if you can't buy it. It's simply not for everybody.

So my task to you is: stop dreaming, make enough money, and buy what you desire. Just as MI said " if we don't win cars we buy them"

#Chikena

2 Likes

Re: Iphone: Why Majority Of Nigerians Don't Use The Device by iamgiggssleaky(m): 8:25pm On Feb 05, 2016
Jibsonified:

There goes your dream. Just admit it: You know the value of iPhone but you can't afford it, so instead of blaming the poor economy of Nigeria, you stylishly blame it on the manufacturers. They don't care if you can't buy it. It's simply not for everybody.

So my task to you is: stop dreaming, make enough money, and buy what you desire. Just as MI said " if we don't win cars we buy them"

#Chikena

you know what?? you are just someone who is too lazy to read. I gave yhu a simple task and you couldn't carry it out. I will help you.
make sure you read carefully to see what I meant.

I'm not a fan of IPhone and I'm not even interested if the price is reduced for "the poor" or not
I'm only talking about the sustainability of the iPhone empire. nothing more nothing less

Re: Iphone: Why Majority Of Nigerians Don't Use The Device by iamgiggssleaky(m): 8:40pm On Feb 05, 2016
[quote author=Jibsonified post=42649065]

There goes your dream.

this whr you started making noise because the last set of conversation confused you

Re: Iphone: Why Majority Of Nigerians Don't Use The Device by oodua1stson: 8:41pm On Feb 05, 2016
You started your bullshit post on the wrong foot

1st iphone is nor the most used phone in the world. It's samsung

2nd it's not the most used in China either
Re: Iphone: Why Majority Of Nigerians Don't Use The Device by TruthMustBeTold: 10:29pm On Feb 05, 2016
abatically:

Yeah Samsung really did a nice job in optimizing the s6's battery and it works wonderfully well..tho' not for everybody..i personally prefer bigger battery to any sort of optimization whatsover..more like gimme 5000maH without optimizing shii dan 2,500 and u tell me it has been optimized to last as long as a 5,000maH wud last..as regards iPhone and Android..the fact is OEMs like Samsung,HTC,LG and Sony produce phones with hardwares and specs that are def as good as their Apple counterparts and even better sef but they're just yet to get it right with the Android OS..somehow Apple has been tailoring its iOS to make the best use of its hardware ova d years and the result has been impressive so far..i think they're just very good at that so we must give it to them,if only any of those top Android OEM cud pull this stunt with Android OS then Android wud blow its competitors out of water..that being said..i remain an Android user/addict no matter what..despite the few shortcomings..its still as strong as ever and trust me..it can only get better #Peace
Re: Iphone: Why Majority Of Nigerians Don't Use The Device by Jibsonified(m): 12:42pm On Feb 06, 2016
[quote author=iamgiggssleaky post=42654729][/quote]

Ur right about me being confused about ur post, of course not being lazy to read. We are actually on the same page.

Sorry about the misunderstanding

#Cheers
Re: Iphone: Why Majority Of Nigerians Don't Use The Device by donwise1(m): 9:26pm On Feb 06, 2016

Re: Iphone: Why Majority Of Nigerians Don't Use The Device by Orator2383: 9:34pm On Feb 06, 2016
The price of IPhone is unreasonably high. My Tecno is serving me well
Re: Iphone: Why Majority Of Nigerians Don't Use The Device by iamgiggssleaky(m): 9:56pm On Feb 06, 2016
Jibsonified:

Ur right about me being confused about ur post, of course not being lazy to read. We are actually on the same page.

Sorry about the misunderstanding

#Cheers

it's owk man, I'm also sorry for using those words.... stay safe. cheers!!
Re: Iphone: Why Majority Of Nigerians Don't Use The Device by shapman: 1:32pm On Feb 07, 2016
first decided to buy iphone only in the beginning of 2014 after the introduction of iphone 6. Till such time I was skeptical of IOS thinking that it is very complicated to use. When I bought my first iphone 6 it took me a week to get used to it. Let me be honest with you all, I am either a game freak nor extreme internet browser. Iphones really rock due to its call quality and speaker phone capabilities as it's loud and natural sounding even in a noisy environment. Till such period I was android fan and have tried out all most all the flagship models from various manufacturers even after buying iphone 6 but android phones don't interest me any longer. Later I wanted the most pocket friendly phone which is smaller in size and powerful. So after comparing 4" to 4.5" screen size phones from iphones to androids to windows phones I found iphone 5S is the most notable phone with its extraordinary industrial design with amazing build quality. It's a treat to hold, talk and to keep in the pockets. Now I own space gray color after owning champagne gold and silver in past one year. I am not worried about the battery life since it has a fast charging capabilities and can be charged anytime at home, office and in the car.
One thing is notable here is that iphones seldom slow down or stutter unlike android phones which frequently requires cache memory clean ups and stopping background running applications to avoid UI slowing down and battery draining problems.
These are purely my personal experience with iphones and android phones which will only help you to some extent but it's better that you make your own survey before you decide to choose between the operating systems.

1 Like

Re: Iphone: Why Majority Of Nigerians Don't Use The Device by fowlyansh181(m): 10:56am On Feb 08, 2016
Chimdiebere:
okay. clearly I am with a kid. swerve.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Xiaomi Mi A3 Unboxing, Review & Price. Mi A3 + GCAM Vs iPhone 11 Pro Camera / The B29 Story: My Experience At Ikeja Computer Village Today / Best Internet Plan For Heavy Users

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.