Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,823 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:51 AM

We’ll Not Implement Campaign Promises Unless 2016 Budget Is Passed – Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We’ll Not Implement Campaign Promises Unless 2016 Budget Is Passed – Buhari (859 Views)

Governor Ambode Is Fulfilling His Campaign Promises - PDP / #Our5k: Nigerian Youths Demand Fulfillment Of Campaign Promises On Twitter / This Is How A Councillor Says He Is Delivering His Campaign Promises (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We’ll Not Implement Campaign Promises Unless 2016 Budget Is Passed – Buhari by alcmene: 11:19am On Feb 04, 2016
President Muhammadu Buhari on Wednesday said that his administration would begin the implementation of its campaign promises immediately the 2016 budget was passed into law by the National Assembly.

Buhari gave the indication while inaugurating the newly-constructed Ota township road in Ado-Odo/Ota Council Area of Ogun.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reported that the inauguration of the road, among other projects, was part of the activities lined up in commemoration of the 40th anniversary of the state.

Represented by the Vice-President, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo, he said the Federal Government had mapped out plan to support artisans in the country with funds to help improve their businesses.

”I want to assure the people that immediately the budget is passed into law, we will zoom into action and all our promises will be fulfilled.

”We have plans for artisans and market women; they are already in our plans in the budget and we will give them soft loans to boost their businesses.

“We must not lose sight of the fact that it is the masses that voted for us and we must not let them down, ” he said.

He also said that the cornerstone of the present government was to provide employment for youths across the country, insisting that all government’s promises, particularly to the youth, would be fulfilled.

The president reiterated the administration’s commitment to train over 500,000 volunteer teachers and would be paid for the job.

While commending Gov. Ibikunle Amosun for the massive infrastructure development across the state, he called for the continued support of the people to both the federal and the state governments.

In his address, Amosun expressed appreciation to the vice president for the visit which, he said, would go a long way in boosting the morale of his government.

He called for the continued understanding by the citizens of the state, adding that government could not finish everything at once.

The governor said his administration would not relent in its mission at rebuilding the state by ensuring an all-round development.

The president also inaugurated the Aiyetoro township road in the Yewa North Local Government Area. (NAN)

http://dailypost.ng/2016/02/04/well-implement-campaign-promises-immediately-2016-budget-is-passed-buhari/?utm_source=dlvr.it_dp1&utm_medium=twitter

1 Like

Re: We’ll Not Implement Campaign Promises Unless 2016 Budget Is Passed – Buhari by jmichlins(m): 11:24am On Feb 04, 2016
A budget which the state house clinic budget is higher than that of the whole general hospital in nigeria combined right. I do not regret my actions if not i for regret voting you but part of the blame is lack of options and act of stealing by the previous government. Four years is coming faster than you can imagine

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’ll Not Implement Campaign Promises Unless 2016 Budget Is Passed – Buhari by alcmene: 11:33am On Feb 04, 2016
Serves gullible and ungrateful Nigerians right

Buhari's cluelessness is epic

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We’ll Not Implement Campaign Promises Unless 2016 Budget Is Passed – Buhari by dulux07(m): 11:33am On Feb 04, 2016
Well said, i support u my president and believe in ur adminstration, i pray u succeed cos ur success is nigeria progress. Anyone who isnt in support shud go n hug a transformer grin

2 Likes

Re: We’ll Not Implement Campaign Promises Unless 2016 Budget Is Passed – Buhari by LoveMachine(m): 11:38am On Feb 04, 2016
dulux07:
Well said, i support u my president and believe in ur adminstration, i pray u succeed cos ur success is nigeria progress. Anyone who isnt in support shud go n hug a transformer grin

TELL 'EM!

1 Like

Re: We’ll Not Implement Campaign Promises Unless 2016 Budget Is Passed – Buhari by 7footre(m): 11:47am On Feb 04, 2016
Well... we all know politicians look out for each other, and all the presidency has to do is dig up some dirt on some people in the senate and the budget will be passed with the speed of light, cos that budget sure needs a lot of amendment
Re: We’ll Not Implement Campaign Promises Unless 2016 Budget Is Passed – Buhari by Trailblazer1(m): 11:52am On Feb 04, 2016
Re: We’ll Not Implement Campaign Promises Unless 2016 Budget Is Passed – Buhari by lincolnj88: 12:09pm On Feb 04, 2016
I thought ngenefool and one aboki said that they are already enjoying d benefits of buhari campaign promises
grin

2 Likes

Re: We’ll Not Implement Campaign Promises Unless 2016 Budget Is Passed – Buhari by omanzo02: 12:24pm On Feb 04, 2016
Blackmailing the masses? Lol grin

1 Like

Re: We’ll Not Implement Campaign Promises Unless 2016 Budget Is Passed – Buhari by chriskosherbal(m): 12:29pm On Feb 04, 2016
Pls ooo we need budget implementation ooo.
Re: We’ll Not Implement Campaign Promises Unless 2016 Budget Is Passed – Buhari by alcmene: 12:38pm On Feb 04, 2016
Buhari is a scam foisted on Nigerians by the insatiable Asiwaju company

3 Likes

Re: We’ll Not Implement Campaign Promises Unless 2016 Budget Is Passed – Buhari by chinchum(m): 12:42pm On Feb 04, 2016
It is not rocket science to know that is what we are experiencing now, nothing really tangible in capital projects will be done except 2016 budget is passed. The 2016 budget draft failed to close up many loopholes, and nothing suggests it was based on Zero budgeting as initially canvassed, but the 2016 budget draft is still remarkably better than the 2015 budget. We expect National assembly committee members to close up the loopholes a case study is the infamous 10 billion naira to be spent on educational parastatals that was kicked against days ago by the senate committee on education.

1 Like

Re: We’ll Not Implement Campaign Promises Unless 2016 Budget Is Passed – Buhari by ifihearam: 12:46pm On Feb 04, 2016
Yeye dey smell

1 Like

Re: We’ll Not Implement Campaign Promises Unless 2016 Budget Is Passed – Buhari by ki02020(m): 12:50pm On Feb 04, 2016
Simple...pass the budget..I give my people dividend of democracy

Re: We’ll Not Implement Campaign Promises Unless 2016 Budget Is Passed – Buhari by kelsidengkucio(m): 12:58pm On Feb 04, 2016
I v a feeling that this president will be impeached b4 his first term is up.

1 Like

Re: We’ll Not Implement Campaign Promises Unless 2016 Budget Is Passed – Buhari by Nobody: 1:11pm On Feb 04, 2016
Wicked evil old man... Set of old buffoons who have kept people under chains with myths of opportunity. ...
Re: We’ll Not Implement Campaign Promises Unless 2016 Budget Is Passed – Buhari by Pidggin(f): 1:13pm On Feb 04, 2016
This is pure blackmail.
Re: We’ll Not Implement Campaign Promises Unless 2016 Budget Is Passed – Buhari by dechriscool(m): 1:20pm On Feb 04, 2016
Until people drop death in the streets before this overflogged promise of change will be effected.What happened to 2015 budget.Gej embezzled the whole money meant for the budget too.This administration lack directions,plans,the will and abilities to run this complex country.They are always having reasons for their incompetence and visionless policies.Nigerians are doom.God, will need your mercies.
Re: We’ll Not Implement Campaign Promises Unless 2016 Budget Is Passed – Buhari by ajebuter(f): 1:24pm On Feb 04, 2016
Lobatan..

Even dem say Kano no see bread chop

Naija, take you 'chanji'

grin grin grin
Re: We’ll Not Implement Campaign Promises Unless 2016 Budget Is Passed – Buhari by Herald47: 1:28pm On Feb 04, 2016
No amount of revenue is enough for a visionless and wasteful government-martin onovo(2016)

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Olisa Metuh Pictured In Court Today Smilling / The Nigerian Army, The Fulani Herdsmen And Boko Haram; Spot The Differences. / Buhari Bows To Pressure, Relaunches Goodluck Jonathan’s Youwin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.