Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,748 members, 7,809,864 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:13 PM

Nigeria Is A Failed Nation Because The North Caused This - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Is A Failed Nation Because The North Caused This (874 Views)

hh / Nigeria Not A Failed Nation; Nigeria’s Leaders Have Failed The Nation-Jomo Gbomo / Is Nigeria A Failed Nation ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Is A Failed Nation Because The North Caused This by Gayigaskia(m): 12:37am On Jul 02, 2009
Yes the North is to blame for this, let's elect this guy as President and our Problems will be solve forever.

[url=http://
I took oath in Daniel's house –Alausa
• Awujale, others in attendance
By MOSHOOD ADEBAYO, Abeokuta

Embattled member of the Ogun State House of Assembly, Mr. Wale Alausa, whose nude picture appeared in a newspaper yesterday, has admitted swearing to an oath. Alausa, who represents Ijebu-Ode State Constituency in the House in a telephone interview with journalists in Abeokuta, also confessed that he was intimidated and threatened before he took the oath, which he added he did for Governor Gbenga Daniel.

He denied that the oath took place at a shrine in Ijebu-Igbo as widely publicised saying, “Yes, the pictures that appeared in the newspaper today were mine, but I appeared in that form under intimidation and threat to my life.”

According to him, the oath taking was done at the private residence of Governor Daniel in Ijebu-Ode with the support of the paramount ruler of Ijebuland, Oba (Dr) Sikiru Kayode Adetona and some other prominent traditional rulers in the land.
He stated further: “I took the oath. I was harassed, intimidated and forced to take the oath when the pressure was too much. The Awujale of Ijebuland, Oba Sikiru Adetona was involved. Other prominent traditional rulers and prominent people also know about it. Ask the Awujale, he knows about it. They put pressure on me through my father.

“There was assassination attempt. There was a kidnapping attempt on my nephews, children of my younger brother. It was such a terrible thing. I could not do otherwise because there was real threat to my life.
“There were several gun shots in front of my father's house in Ijebu-Ode, Alhaji Agboola Alausa, who is the Ogun East Senatorial chairman.

“The photograph was taken in Daniel's toilet and bathroom, but the other photograph was superimposed. I did not take any photograph outside the house.”
Alausa, who is one of the G.15 opposed to the governor, added that there was so much pressure on him, various assassination attempts on his nephews and his immediate family.
He also said members of the Group of 11 took the same oath and that their photographs were in custody of Governor Daniel.

“I took the oath on the day Titi Oseni was impeached as speaker that was why I was not at plenary session that day. While the sitting was going on, I was taking the oath. I was deceived,” he said regrettably.
The Chief Press Secretary to Governor Gbenga Daniel, Mr. Adegbenro Adebanjo, when contacted on Alausa's position described it as a ‘pure lie of the highest order.’
His words: “We disclaim his statement. The governor of Ogun State will not and will never be involved in such an odious act. He's merely clutching a straw.”

]
I took oath in Daniel's house –Alausa
• Awujale, others in attendance
By MOSHOOD ADEBAYO, Abeokuta

Embattled member of the Ogun State House of Assembly, Mr. Wale Alausa, whose nude picture appeared in a newspaper yesterday, has admitted swearing to an oath. Alausa, who represents Ijebu-Ode State Constituency in the House in a telephone interview with journalists in Abeokuta, also confessed that he was intimidated and threatened before he took the oath, which he added he did for Governor Gbenga Daniel.

He denied that the oath took place at a shrine in Ijebu-Igbo as widely publicised saying, “Yes, the pictures that appeared in the newspaper today were mine, but I appeared in that form under intimidation and threat to my life.”

According to him, the oath taking was done at the private residence of Governor Daniel in Ijebu-Ode with the support of the paramount ruler of Ijebuland, Oba (Dr) Sikiru Kayode Adetona and some other prominent traditional rulers in the land.
He stated further: “I took the oath. I was harassed, intimidated and forced to take the oath when the pressure was too much. The Awujale of Ijebuland, Oba Sikiru Adetona was involved. Other prominent traditional rulers and prominent people also know about it. Ask the Awujale, he knows about it. They put pressure on me through my father.

“There was assassination attempt. There was a kidnapping attempt on my nephews, children of my younger brother. It was such a terrible thing. I could not do otherwise because there was real threat to my life.
“There were several gun shots in front of my father's house in Ijebu-Ode, Alhaji Agboola Alausa, who is the Ogun East Senatorial chairman.

“The photograph was taken in Daniel's toilet and bathroom, but the other photograph was superimposed. I did not take any photograph outside the house.”
Alausa, who is one of the G.15 opposed to the governor, added that there was so much pressure on him, various assassination attempts on his nephews and his immediate family.
He also said members of the Group of 11 took the same oath and that their photographs were in custody of Governor Daniel.

“I took the oath on the day Titi Oseni was impeached as speaker that was why I was not at plenary session that day. While the sitting was going on, I was taking the oath. I was deceived,” he said regrettably.
The Chief Press Secretary to Governor Gbenga Daniel, Mr. Adegbenro Adebanjo, when contacted on Alausa's position described it as a ‘pure lie of the highest order.’
His words: “We disclaim his statement. The governor of Ogun State will not and will never be involved in such an odious act. He's merely clutching a straw.”

[/url]
Re: Nigeria Is A Failed Nation Because The North Caused This by panafrican(m): 1:03am On Jul 02, 2009
Nigeria is not a failed nation it is the whole continent that is facing many challenges such jealous europeans who do not want to see any african state soar.
Re: Nigeria Is A Failed Nation Because The North Caused This by Marymos: 11:50am On Jul 02, 2009
Nigeria is not a failed nation but is just that we've not been fortunate to have been ruled by good leaders.Our problem is with our leaders.They are corrupt and selfish.Things will start going as expected the moment the present leaders and their family are chase out of Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria Is A Failed Nation Because The North Caused This by korexes(f): 3:59pm On Jul 02, 2009
the north takes d largest revenue in d country.every region has an hand in nigeria's problem. plus our leaders
Re: Nigeria Is A Failed Nation Because The North Caused This by Fhemmmy: 4:09pm On Jul 02, 2009
it is unbelievable how we always wanna blame the North for this and for that.
I have read different kinda thread pointing fingers at the Northerners for all different kinda jargons, here is my question, where are other tribes when the people from the north teamed up and ruling Nigeria, where are the westerners and the easterners when the northerners are taking it all, would it be cos we never united enuf? would it be cos we were busy taking care of things that never matters?
I think it is time we accept the fact that we failed on our own and not just cos the north are the north.
Re: Nigeria Is A Failed Nation Because The North Caused This by korexes(f): 12:41pm On Jul 03, 2009
we are definately not blaming d north but u hav 2 admit they hav caused some unplesant things
Re: Nigeria Is A Failed Nation Because The North Caused This by muhsin(m): 1:33pm On Jul 03, 2009
Funny threads never cease being opened on this board. Keep 'em coming, buddies.
cheesy
Re: Nigeria Is A Failed Nation Because The North Caused This by Tudor6(f): 2:06pm On Jul 03, 2009
Why all the tribalistic sentiments?
WE ARE ALL TO BLAME!
Re: Nigeria Is A Failed Nation Because The North Caused This by Fhemmmy: 2:14pm On Jul 03, 2009
korexes:

we are definately not blaming d north but u hav 2 admit they hav caused some unplesant things

So are the Igbos and the yorubas.
Re: Nigeria Is A Failed Nation Because The North Caused This by WilyWily: 5:32pm On Jul 03, 2009
Inhospitable desert Corrupt Fulani/Hausa North and Corrupt Yoruba ruined Nigeria
Re: Nigeria Is A Failed Nation Because The North Caused This by bombay: 7:31am On Jul 04, 2009
na only dis 2 tribes don rule nija na watine dem don do to show 4 the years way dem do rule nothing dem be total failure.
Re: Nigeria Is A Failed Nation Because The North Caused This by kosovo(m): 8:02am On Jul 04, 2009
@ poster  [b]Gay[/b]igaskia
nice way of concealing you were gay, don't worry, your fears would soon be over,
if India could legallized it, i see no reason why we wouldnt.
  [b]GAY[/b]igaskia just have a little faith. okay?
Re: Nigeria Is A Failed Nation Because The North Caused This by generalzango(m): 6:40pm On Jul 04, 2009
@willy willy, if ur papa come out of EFCC net,he should contest in the 2011 election,i know he has kai kai vision for NIGERIA,lets see if he can restore our lost glory.
Re: Nigeria Is A Failed Nation Because The North Caused This by MrCrackles(m): 6:45pm On Jul 04, 2009
I dont agree the North alone caused Nigeria's problems. . . . .
The failure of Nigeria as a state is down to Nigerians themselves. . . . .North, Sout, East and West!
Re: Nigeria Is A Failed Nation Because The North Caused This by Kobojunkie: 6:54pm On Jul 04, 2009
MrCrackles:

I dont agree the North alone caused Nigeria's problems. . . . .
The failure of Nigeria as a state is down to Nigerians themselves. . . . .North, Sout, East and West!

Tell them!
Re: Nigeria Is A Failed Nation Because The North Caused This by JosBoy4Lif(m): 6:58pm On Jul 04, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Tell them!

Who wants to hear wise word? Blame game is much easier
Re: Nigeria Is A Failed Nation Because The North Caused This by WilyWily: 9:18pm On Jul 04, 2009
generalzango:

@willy willy, if ur papa come out of EFCC net,he should contest in the 2011 election,i know he has kai kai vision for NIGERIA,lets see if he can restore our lost glory.
@generalzango,
I am not surprise, if your father is one of the oldest arm robbers in Nigeria
Re: Nigeria Is A Failed Nation Because The North Caused This by bomb1(m): 3:20pm On Jul 05, 2009
While the north might have ruled more than any other part of the country,they've always had the backing of 'technocrats' from other parts advicing them and proferring 'solutions' to issues bothering the country.

The real issue with the country is the will power of our leaders to do what they are asked to do.The primary reason why most of the leaders do not perform in public service include:

1.We never seem to get it right with elections  (sorry selections) and appointments.
rott
When right choices are made,the result is always there for all to see.Take a look at lagos state now,even though there might have been other (if not better) credible candidates than his excellency Raji Fashola (SAN), the former governor, Ashiwaju Bola Tinunbu (FCA) seem to know what lagosians needed and gave him his blessings.

Fashola seemed to be waiting for his chance to write his name in gold because the zest,will and focus with which he is working is first to none.And for his aides,he chose technocrats whom he expects to excel at their various portfolio.Ben Akabueze is of igbo descent but has the pedigree to perform as economic adviser.

2.Our Political Parties to not have any uniquely identifiable ideology.

Political parties don't have underlining philosophies and ideologies and as such can not transmit same to their members.We all know that Late Chief Bola Ige was involved in the drafting of constitution for PDP,ANPP and ANPP.Same thought,same direction,different party,same result.Politician crisscross the political waters from boat to bost looking for what to reap.

3.Knowledge,fraud,corruption and wisdom are not reserved exclusively for any tribe in Nigeria.

Corruption has only one name, Corruption!

4.Followers deserve the kind of leaders they get.

When the nation for once forgot about religion or tribe,MKO Abiola won the June 12,1993 election on the same ticket with a fellow muslim.Are we ready to get it right again?.Time would tell.

5.The leaders get to office ill prepared.

Without knowing what to do,you get to the office manipulated by the ever present and ready hawks who make you dance to their tunes.AGIP(Any Govt In Power)

6.There is massive foreign interference in our body polity and business life.

This mafia dictate what happens in Nigeria and the objective?,"Never make Nigeria stand to prevent a radical african insurgence in the commitee of nations with respect to economy,infuence and direction at the global level".

7.We are not proud of Nigerianism.WWe are import dependent and do not encourage local enterprise.

8.Hypocrisy abounds

Everyone seem to be holier that thou until he/she get to leadership position,either in the public service or at work.Only then shall you know them by their fruits.

9.Selfish Interests

Why would the importer of power generating sets want PHCN to work?

The summary of all these is that we need to know that the country is greater that her components and we need to serve well in every capacity either in private enterprise or public life so that the country can advance positively in all spheres of life.

Do you vow to serve?
Re: Nigeria Is A Failed Nation Because The North Caused This by kosovo(m): 10:36pm On Jul 06, 2009
huh?
Re: Nigeria Is A Failed Nation Because The North Caused This by sley4life(m): 4:17pm On Jul 15, 2009
Right

(1) (Reply)

Police Arrest Man, Woman Over Missing Organ! / Massob Hails U.s. Blacklisking Of Nigeria As A Terrorist Country . / More Revelations:plan To Oust Saddam Drawn Up Two Years Before The Invasion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.