Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,146 members, 7,818,439 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:53 PM

pictures-Asaba International Airport Project (under Construction) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / pictures-Asaba International Airport Project (under Construction) (27568 Views)

Amaechi Inspects Port-Harcourt International Airport - Photos / Picture Of Umuojima Road In Aba Under Construction / Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: pictures-Asaba International Airport Project (under Construction) by shotster50(m): 1:49am On Jun 26, 2010
If indeed you have, i dont think you would have made that comment. Not saying their airport is great but Nnamdi Azikiwe will look like that in a few years time so dont throw stones.
Re: pictures-Asaba International Airport Project (under Construction) by chika98: 1:52am On Jun 26, 2010
shotster50:

If indeed you have, i dont think you would have made that comment. Not saying their airport is great but Nnamdi Azikiwe will look like that in a few years time so dont throw stones.

Because it is Ghana; I can't say what I feel about the airport? Who is throwing stones? If I said Nnamdi Azikiwe looked just as bad then I am entitled to it. Same way someone would argue that LHR terminal 5 looks better than the rest of the other terminals.
Re: pictures-Asaba International Airport Project (under Construction) by shotster50(m): 2:40am On Jun 26, 2010
Have you actually been in that airport?
Re: pictures-Asaba International Airport Project (under Construction) by seanet02: 6:39am On Jun 26, 2010
White elephant project
Re: pictures-Asaba International Airport Project (under Construction) by KnowAll(m): 8:40am On Jun 26, 2010
[size=14pt]We are talking of internal generated revenue from the States, has either Delta State or more business inclined Anambra State ever thought of building the second or even 3rd bridge over the Niger. They should build it and put a toll on it. They would re-coup their money in no time. Why State goverment's wait for the FG I don't understand. undecided[/size]
Re: pictures-Asaba International Airport Project (under Construction) by DaLover(m): 9:16am On Jun 26, 2010
illusion2:

can anyone tell me the economic activity that will sustain /pay for this airport ?

This people are completely visionless.

I'd rather he spent that money to buy MMA off the FG & reap the coninuos & guaranteed profits.

Every state wants to build their own airport,when common sense should tell them the business activity /security feasibility should come first.

Who's going to fly into a war zone full of kidnappers & trigger happy policemen ? undecided

When BBC did a piece on lagos tittled "welcome to lagos", people like this were up in arms against the article, insisting that it was not a true representation of lagos, and that BBC was trying to scare investors from lagos, 
This same people will turn around and say "Who's going to fly into a war zone full of kidnappers & trigger happy policemen?" in reference to the entire niger delta.

This guy would prefer that the money would be used to buy MMA and develop it instead of an airport in Asaba,
Please don't get me wrong, I am not argueing in favour or against the airport in Asaba, I am only interested in the alternative you suggested that, Delta state govt should buy MMA in Lagos!!!!
Re: pictures-Asaba International Airport Project (under Construction) by illusion2: 9:08pm On Jun 30, 2010
DaLover:

When BBC did a piece on lagos tittled "welcome to lagos", people like this were up in arms against the article, insisting that it was not a true representation of lagos, and that BBC was trying to scare investors from lagos,
This same people will turn around and say "Who's going to fly into a war zone full of kidnappers & trigger happy policemen?" in reference to the entire niger delta.

This guy would prefer that the money would be used to buy MMA and develop it instead of an airport in Asaba,
Please don't get me wrong, I am not argueing in favour or against the airport in Asaba, I am only interested in the alternative you suggested that, Delta state govt should buy MMA in Lagos!!!!

@DaLover,my opinion has nothing to do with the good people of the Niger Delta,who are being held hostage like all Nigerians by their hapless leaders.(By the way,I have no problems with the BBC documentary)

Also my example of buying MMA should not remove from the point. Uduaghan can invest in Heathrow,JFK for all I know. . .the point being-these people never think these projects through. . . everything has to do with awarding contracts ultimately.

A state/country that has no emergency number(e.g 199,911) responsive fire servive or constant power will invest in a multi-dimensional facility like an airport (note NOT airstrip).

So my point is good leadership is beyond all these bridges to nowhere,but a wholistic plan/blueprint.

shotster50:

illusion,

Your assumptions are waaaaaaaay off target. Asaba is nowhere near war zone you talk about. The airport actually makes sense if they can deliver on it. Do you know that Asaba is right next to Onitsha, which has one of the biggest Markets in Nigeria, Presently traders have no option than to import goods to Lagos and then convey them through the Benin Ore trap to the east.

This will be an absolute life saver for them if it goes through.

You should stop with these arm chair criticisms, it only makes you sound more and more ignorant.
We heard more than this with TINAPA,we have airports in Port harcourt,Warri,Owerri,Enugu,probably not as close but within manageable distance from Onitsha. . .what impact have these had on IMPORTERS. . . don't be deceived my friend. . .its all about the contracts !!!
Re: pictures-Asaba International Airport Project (under Construction) by dempeople(m): 9:19pm On Jan 10, 2011
illusion2:

We heard more than this with TINAPA,we have airports in Port harcourt,Warri,Owerri,Enugu,probably not as close but within manageable distance from Onitsha. .  .what impact have these had on IMPORTERS. . . don't be deceived my friend. . .its all about the contracts !!!

Actually, if there's an airport amongst Port harcourt, Warri, Owerri, Enugu and Asaba airports that has a chance of doing extremely well, its Asaba airport. That, I know for sure. You've got to understand that Nnewi and Onitsha (which are top business commercial towns in the country) are within close proximity to Asaba airport than either of the other airports aforementioned above. With the Onitsha riverport and the Asaba airport now scheduled to be launched this month (I hope), the only obstacle to a total outright boom of the economy of the East is the construction of a second Niger bridge.
Re: pictures-Asaba International Airport Project (under Construction) by DrKnow1(m): 9:52pm On Jan 10, 2011
How much have they spent so far? No inflated costs please!
Re: pictures-Asaba International Airport Project (under Construction) by Arnold1(m): 9:36am On Jan 28, 2011
Photo update

Re: pictures-Asaba International Airport Project (under Construction) by ideylaff: 9:49am On Jan 28, 2011
Maintenance is key if this project is to be lauded.
Re: pictures-Asaba International Airport Project (under Construction) by DisGuy: 9:54am On Jan 28, 2011
very slow!!
Re: pictures-Asaba International Airport Project (under Construction) by deor03(m): 9:56am On Jan 28, 2011
Dis Guy:

very slow!!

You can say that again !
Re: pictures-Asaba International Airport Project (under Construction) by lovethokoh: 10:13am On Jan 28, 2011
Why all these senseless criticisms on a laudable project even if i am not a supporter of Uduaghan, your so called notherners are building airports in their economic backward states from the oil money coming from delta sate, SO WHY NOT ONE INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT In ASABA.

1 Gombe has an airport----how viable is the economy of this arid state

2 sokoto has an airport

3 katsina has one

4 adamawa has one

5 Niger has one.

do not be suprised that Kebbi,Yobe,Zamfara are all building "international airport" in their arid states from the oil money coming from delta,rivers,bayelsa,akwa-ibom,cross rivers and edo state, PERIOD
Re: pictures-Asaba International Airport Project (under Construction) by dempeople(m): 10:41am On Jan 28, 2011
@Arnold1

I've seen those pictures. They're outdated cos they were taken sometime in mid last year. I dream of flying directly from Heathrow or Gatwick to that airport or via any other Nigerian city. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Re: pictures-Asaba International Airport Project (under Construction) by chelseabmw(m): 8:56pm On Mar 31, 2011
any recent pics of this airport?i heard dat the airport has being opened?
Re: pictures-Asaba International Airport Project (under Construction) by dempeople(m): 1:46am On May 02, 2011
^^^^^

Hasn't been opened yet. Might do so around December or before that, we hope.
Re: pictures-Asaba International Airport Project (under Construction) by sultaan(m): 7:39am On May 02, 2011
A port that functional will generate a lot of money. Going by how the port is being used now, you can only assume that the airport will take time to get real traffic.
Re: pictures-Asaba International Airport Project (under Construction) by manny4life(m): 4:34am On May 06, 2011
All this airport business crap doesn't make any viable business sense. No business man will pay a premium just to move their goods by air, a seaport makes perfect sense better than airport.
Re: pictures-Asaba International Airport Project (under Construction) by Chyz2: 4:46am On May 06, 2011
manny4life:

All this airport business crap doesn't make any viable business sense. No business man will pay a premium just to move their goods by air, a seaport makes perfect sense better than airport.

The seaport is pretty much complete,so I hear.All that is left now is to get it up and running.
Re: pictures-Asaba International Airport Project (under Construction) by dempeople(m): 2:31pm On May 31, 2011
I don't know what's hindering the launch of this airport other than a confused development. I hear the governor now sings that it takes an average of 7 years to build an airport.

Surely there must've been a technical confusion somewhere otherwise, an airport its magnitude should have been opened by now.
Re: pictures-Asaba International Airport Project (under Construction) by playmode(m): 5:35pm On May 31, 2011
Arnold1:

Photo update

I don't mean to be a party pooper but damn that is one fu8cking ugly airport.The architect should be stripped naked and horse whipped. grin grin grin
Re: pictures-Asaba International Airport Project (under Construction) by dempeople(m): 6:40pm On May 31, 2011
^^^^^^^^^^^^^

That was my exact sentiments. The design is totally rubbish. For the amount of money they've spent on it (not including the ones embezzled on its behalf), a much better design should have been implemented but corruption no gree them see road. sad undecided
Re: pictures-Asaba International Airport Project (under Construction) by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jun 12, 2011
When will they start operating this Airport?
Re: pictures-Asaba International Airport Project (under Construction) by ak47mann(m): 1:27pm On Jun 12, 2011
this airport looks like ware house grin grin
Re: pictures-Asaba International Airport Project (under Construction) by Rossikk(m): 2:56pm On Jun 12, 2011
dem people said

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

That was my exact sentiments. The design is totally rubbish. For the amount of money they've spent on it (not including the ones embezzled on its behalf), a much better design should have been implemented but corruption no gree them see road.

Oh shut your trap. If you think the design is ''rubbish'', don't use the airport. Go by road. Miserable cow. Maybe your father was there when corruption prevented them from building JFK airport for you in Asaba. Ewu.
Re: pictures-Asaba International Airport Project (under Construction) by dempeople(m): 6:26pm On Jun 15, 2011
Rossikk:

dem people said

Oh shut your trap. If you think the design is ''rubbish'', don't use the airport. Go by road. Miserable cow. Maybe your father was there when corruption prevented them from building JFK airport for you in Asaba. Ewu.

Nwanne, i kwesiro idi na-akpo m udili ihe na-akpo maka na m si na airport design bu rubbish. Ihe m dere bu my opinion. Agaghi m akpo gi ajo aha maka na i bu nwanne m and, achoghi m ka ndi-iro ndigbo, fu anyi bu umunne ndigbo ebe anyi na-anu ogu.

Ifu post obula m ndere, oburu na i like-ki-ro the post, ejina mkpari were saaa m okwu.

Kpachara anya gi ma, fi isa na-anya!.

Ka Chineke mezie okwu.
Re: pictures-Asaba International Airport Project (under Construction) by DisGuy: 6:32pm On Jun 15, 2011
dem_people:

Nwanne, i kwesiro idi na-akpo m udili ihe na-akpo maka na m si na airport design bu rubbish. Ihe m dere bu my opinion. Agaghi m akpo gi ajo aha maka na i bu nwanne m and, achoghi m ka ndi-iro ndigbo, fu anyi bu umunne ndigbo ebe anyi na-anu ogu.

Ifu post obula m ndere, oburu na i like-ki-ro the post, ejina mkpari were saaa m okwu.

Kpachara anya gi ma, fi isa na-anya!.

Ka Chineke mezie okwu.

post it again without using any English word grin
Re: pictures-Asaba International Airport Project (under Construction) by dempeople(m): 6:53pm On Jun 15, 2011
Dis Guy:

post it again without using any English word  grin

To be honest, I'm pretty annoyed at him. Keduzi ihe nwanne ga-eji were na anusa nwanne ya ogu na nairaland maka ihe m dere? Ihe m deburu ede, obughi eziokwu? Is the design of the airport reflective of the amount invested in it? Simply NO!

And upon everything, o kparia Nna m ochie? Kedu ihe o ga-eji were kparia Nna m?

angry angry angry angry angry
Re: pictures-Asaba International Airport Project (under Construction) by aljharem3: 7:03pm On Jun 15, 2011
Rossikk:

dem people said

why
Re: pictures-Asaba International Airport Project (under Construction) by iykegomezi(m): 9:55am On Jul 18, 2011
asaba airport opens today, anyone has recent pictures, i am excited, even with all the bad publication, hopefully the seaport will follow
Re: pictures-Asaba International Airport Project (under Construction) by ak47mann(m): 12:05pm On Jul 18, 2011
Soon ABA made will be selling all over Africa/Asia then you people will be shock again as usual and hold your head in shame and say had i know is always at last, at list we  will help and prove to western- world that you lot in nigeria are not full breaded monkeys that kill and burn each other to death in northern nigeria undecided cheesy at list you can manufacture a single component cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Many Dead, 50 Houses Razed As Boko Haram Invades Adamawa Communities / Buhari Considers Hadiza Bala Usman As Head Of NPA / Ahmed Salkida Arrested By DSS At Nnamdi Azikiwe Int'l Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.