Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,025 members, 7,821,562 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:04 PM

Help My Elder Sister Is About To Marry A Man That Bad Mouths Her In Her Absence. - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help My Elder Sister Is About To Marry A Man That Bad Mouths Her In Her Absence. (28737 Views)

My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do / Guy Shares Photos Of His Mother Who Looks More Like His Elder Sister / My Elder Brother's Wife Beat My Mum (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help My Elder Sister Is About To Marry A Man That Bad Mouths Her In Her Absence. by Nobody: 10:46pm On Feb 05, 2016
if you have another man for your sister to marry then tell her... if NOT, please just let it be.
Re: Help My Elder Sister Is About To Marry A Man That Bad Mouths Her In Her Absence. by freecocoa(f): 10:47pm On Feb 05, 2016
byvan03:

If she made a choice when she was younger, she wont be here paying her own bride price. Now she is almost dragging the man into it kicking and thrashing. Plenty of time to right your wrong if you make a mistake at a younger age.
How can you be sure someone wanted to marry her when she was Supposedly younger? Or that she made a mistake?

1 Like

Re: Help My Elder Sister Is About To Marry A Man That Bad Mouths Her In Her Absence. by Nobody: 10:49pm On Feb 05, 2016
kingofchess:
after all this years of relationship and u said ur sister is about to marry sum1 she don't know. just leave them alone.
staying with someone doesn't mean u know him well enough, u can stay with me for yrs buh u won't know much about me

1 Like

Re: Help My Elder Sister Is About To Marry A Man That Bad Mouths Her In Her Absence. by door2(m): 10:59pm On Feb 05, 2016
Plsss pray and fast 4 dem.
Re: Help My Elder Sister Is About To Marry A Man That Bad Mouths Her In Her Absence. by Nobody: 11:00pm On Feb 05, 2016
byvan03:

I don't want you to be sorry, but I expect you to be civil. I consciously avoid people that come here to haul insults like their life depends on rudeness.

Ok, let me rephrase what I have said without taking you as an example so that you won't feel insulted by a stranger on a faceless forum. Big deal!

Any woman who believes that a woman's value diminishes with age should also assume that this is also how her husband sees her value while at the same time desiring a more valuable 20+ girl because a woman can only be a high value woman for a very limited period in time. grin

On a second thought, I do not blame anyone thinking like this. In a country where average life expectancy is 53, being 30 makes you really old. grin

5 Likes

Re: Help My Elder Sister Is About To Marry A Man That Bad Mouths Her In Her Absence. by hooklover: 11:01pm On Feb 05, 2016
Wen will ladies stop marrying just cos age is not on my side.it shows especially Nigeria ladies have very low self esteem.

Also mothers should stop putting pressures on ladies to marry.Marry will come wen it will.

I hope ladies realise dere value is not in dere age but in character, charisma,disposition, attitude.With the right attitude you can get the best man.Alas remain positive.

3 Likes

Re: Help My Elder Sister Is About To Marry A Man That Bad Mouths Her In Her Absence. by Nobody: 11:02pm On Feb 05, 2016
MISSCONGENIALITY:
I don't know why mothers like this kind of thing. They will be the ones to reject men by tell them that their daughter is too young for marrage and the next meeting they are pushing them to marry any man that comes by telling them that they are getting old. They will even remind their daughter that their father used them for colateral and they didn't complain. Mothers like decide for their daughters when and who to marry as if they are the ones that will stay with the man.
I just tire for this kind thing.

Insecure women raising insecure daughters. And it goes on and on.

2 Likes

Re: Help My Elder Sister Is About To Marry A Man That Bad Mouths Her In Her Absence. by therapistmrs: 11:04pm On Feb 05, 2016
Your sister is wrong for wanting to marry a man because age is no longer on her side.remember that age is nothing but a number.
If your sister has dated this man for 5 years don't think she knows all what your are saying.
If you need to advice your sister,then you need to tell her that she needs to marry for the right reasons and don't boss her partner around even if she is the breadwinner of the family.
All the best
therapistmrs..com
Re: Help My Elder Sister Is About To Marry A Man That Bad Mouths Her In Her Absence. by Nobody: 11:05pm On Feb 05, 2016
noblegrex:
hmmm! Mindfulnesssssssssiii.you aint mindful enough.be mindful.not at this point. Afters 5yrs of your sis perseverance.don't be an obstacle oo.be mindful and be watchful.

My sister's choices are hers. I support her where I can and no matter how many times she errs, I will be there. But my sister knows better than to preserve, she knows how to enjoy herself. wink

2 Likes

Re: Help My Elder Sister Is About To Marry A Man That Bad Mouths Her In Her Absence. by Godblessaplus1(m): 11:08pm On Feb 05, 2016
Hey! age is jst a number.. Am 24 and I am so in love with a 29 years old woman.. I like her so much that if not that she is married with kids I could hv married her.. She is jst a friend of mine but I like her so much.
Age mean nothing to some guys.. Marriage is a life time commitment.. So.. is bad to rush over it..

2 Likes

Re: Help My Elder Sister Is About To Marry A Man That Bad Mouths Her In Her Absence. by Nobody: 11:11pm On Feb 05, 2016
Are u sure he was d only one dat lost his job cuz I think u lost ur job too. undecided
Re: Help My Elder Sister Is About To Marry A Man That Bad Mouths Her In Her Absence. by kunlejazz(m): 11:12pm On Feb 05, 2016
Mindfulness:

There are millions of desirable 30 + and 40+ women out there. Many of them are more desirable than some girls in their 20s.

Beyonce is 30+ and she can have plenty of well-to-do men who even look much better than JayZ. grin
Genevieve Nnaji can select a different one every day. I am sure she could even found a harem. grin
Michelle Obama could get married to some other cool dude next year. cool
Oprah Winfrey has a good man by her side without being married to him.
Even KanwuliaExtra is enjoying herself even though she is slightly older than 20. cheesy Keep enjoying yourself! kiss

Women are much more powerful than they give themselves credit for. cool

Okay. I understand you're being forward-looking, sounding western and all.

But speak the truth, how many thirty something year-old Nigerian women can select like Genevieve? How many Genevieves we even get for Africa?

You better tell 'em young girls to select all they can when they're young

2 Likes

Re: Help My Elder Sister Is About To Marry A Man That Bad Mouths Her In Her Absence. by Nobody: 11:15pm On Feb 05, 2016
kunlejazz:

Okay. I understand you're being forward-looking, sounding western and all.

But speak the truth, how many thirty something year-old Nigerian women can select like Genevieve? How many Genevieves we even get for Africa?

You better tell 'em young girls to be select all they can when they're young

You wish!

I will share my experience how people tried to scare me in my 20s making me feel insecure and almost rush into a marriage with someone I did not truly desire only to discover later that men are even more desperate than women. grin

4 Likes

Re: Help My Elder Sister Is About To Marry A Man That Bad Mouths Her In Her Absence. by byvan03: 11:25pm On Feb 05, 2016
Mindfulness:

Ok, let me rephrase what I have said without taking you as an example so that you won't feel insulted by a stranger on a faceless forum. Big deal!

Any woman who believes that a woman's value diminishes with age should also assume that this is also how her husband sees her value while at the same time desiring a more valuable 20+ girl because a woman can only be a high value woman for a very limited period in time. grin

On a second thought, I do not blame anyone thinking like this. In a country where average life expectancy is 53, being 30 makes you really old. grin

Stranger or not, remain as civilised as you try to portray, Simple! Your value or no value analogy has little or nothing to do with the point here. There is time for everything, being delusional about how it affects mankind changes nothing. Twisting the point to suit your fascination doesn't change the fact that age remains a very major factor in terms of female eligibility.

2 Likes

Re: Help My Elder Sister Is About To Marry A Man That Bad Mouths Her In Her Absence. by obowunmi(m): 11:25pm On Feb 05, 2016
It won't get any better after marriage.

Your sister feels age is not on her side and that mentality in itself is extremely dangerous. I imagine that she would rather be married, bitter and unhappy.

Her choice, not yours!

Sometimes, murder and death is the only way out of convincing someone out of this reality.

1 Like

Re: Help My Elder Sister Is About To Marry A Man That Bad Mouths Her In Her Absence. by tomdon(m): 11:27pm On Feb 05, 2016
Mindfulness:

There are millions of desirable 30 + and 40+ women out there. Many of them are more desirable than some girls in their 20s.

Beyonce is 30+ and she can have plenty of well-to-do men who even look much better than JayZ. grin
Genevieve Nnaji can select a different one every day. I am sure she could even found a harem. grin
Michelle Obama could get married to some other cool dude next year. cool
Even KanwuliaExtra is enjoying herself even though she is slightly older than 20. cheesy Keep enjoying yourself! kiss

eeyan tan ara e biiya ibeji
once a lady clocks 30, sorry is her case.
unless your deceiving yourself, your suitors narrow down as u age while prospects for men expand as they age. its not about women loosing value as they age.
the choices and chances become slimmer.
Re: Help My Elder Sister Is About To Marry A Man That Bad Mouths Her In Her Absence. by byvan03: 11:35pm On Feb 05, 2016
freecocoa:
How can you be sure someone wanted to marry her when she was Supposedly younger? Or that she made a mistake?

Only few do not have someone, those ones can not be faulted. Most do have someone but the problem is that some are not even sure of what they want, some have unrealistic expectations. Eternal courtship with no end has blown chances for many too.
Re: Help My Elder Sister Is About To Marry A Man That Bad Mouths Her In Her Absence. by mikolo80: 11:35pm On Feb 05, 2016
cococandy:
The guy is not ready to marry her.
Why are your sister and mom railroading him into marriage?

Anyway, whatever works for them. There's nothing bad if your sister is the bread winner and he's the domestic partner as long as it works for them and they love each other.

But the question is do they love each other?
Is your sis not marrying him because she feels age is no longer on her side? And would this man (if he had millions to throw around) still pick your sister above every other woman he knows?

Mtscheeew see chop toe knuckle. Kai why I no fit meet girl wen get sense like dis for goodness sake ehn. why e be say na all dis agalacha dem full ground
Re: Help My Elder Sister Is About To Marry A Man That Bad Mouths Her In Her Absence. by ephi123(f): 11:35pm On Feb 05, 2016
edwife:
Byvan03 i am 100% with you.

You might want to read this.Even in the west,women still worrying about marriage.It is not by choice that they are single but many factors.

In the West, men are no longer interested in marriage, the system has ruined many life. I have so many articles,you will understand what is happening. In Nigeria we all know that women over 30 are no longer eligible except they have a good source of income.

Read this

Of all sources to quote, DAILY MAIL!! That's like quoting Sun newspaper cheesy

In any case, can folks please focus on OP's dilemma with his sister...

3 Likes

Re: Help My Elder Sister Is About To Marry A Man That Bad Mouths Her In Her Absence. by oloyede252(m): 11:37pm On Feb 05, 2016
Mindfulness:

You wish!

I will share my experience how people tried to scare me in my 20s making me feel insecure and almost rush into a marriage with someone I did not truly desire only to discover later that men are even more desperate than women. grin
please dont share your fantasy for us.so keep the lie to ya self
Re: Help My Elder Sister Is About To Marry A Man That Bad Mouths Her In Her Absence. by oloyede252(m): 11:40pm On Feb 05, 2016
elipheleh:

This girl I hate you. You are such a a bastard
lol.hate ke.did she rape you
Re: Help My Elder Sister Is About To Marry A Man That Bad Mouths Her In Her Absence. by freecocoa(f): 11:43pm On Feb 05, 2016
byvan03:

Only few do not have someone, those ones can not be faulted. Most do have someone but the problem is that some are not even sure of what they want, some have unrealistic expectations. Eternal courtship with no end has blown chances for many too.
I see your point, though even with all these, age is still just a number in this context.
Re: Help My Elder Sister Is About To Marry A Man That Bad Mouths Her In Her Absence. by Nobody: 11:46pm On Feb 05, 2016
byvan03:

Stranger or not, remain as civilised as you try to portray, Simple! Your value or no value analogy has little or nothing to do with the point here. There is time for everything, being delusional about how it affects mankind changes nothing. Twisting the point to suit your fascination doesn't change the fact that age remains a very major factor in terms of female eligibility.

It may be the case for you, it is not the case for me. smileysmiley

3 Likes

Re: Help My Elder Sister Is About To Marry A Man That Bad Mouths Her In Her Absence. by poshestmina(f): 12:12am On Feb 06, 2016
cococandy:
The guy is not ready to marry her.
Why are your sister and mom railroading him into marriage?

Anyway, whatever works for them. There's nothing bad if your sister is the bread winner and he's the domestic partner as long as it works for them and they love each other.

But the question is do they love each other?
Is your sis not marrying him because she feels age is no longer on her side? And would this man (if he had millions to throw around) still pick your sister above every other woman he knows?

You are one of the reasons I come to Family section
God bless you sir/ma

1 Like

Re: Help My Elder Sister Is About To Marry A Man That Bad Mouths Her In Her Absence. by byvan03: 12:14am On Feb 06, 2016
Mindfulness:

It may be the case for you, it is not the case for me. smileysmiley

Keep deceiving yourself wink

1 Like

Re: Help My Elder Sister Is About To Marry A Man That Bad Mouths Her In Her Absence. by Nobody: 12:24am On Feb 06, 2016
byvan03:

Keep deceiving yourself wink

I would much rather deceive myself than argue that I am of less value with every day. smiley

4 Likes

Re: Help My Elder Sister Is About To Marry A Man That Bad Mouths Her In Her Absence. by KanwuliaExtra: 12:36am On Feb 06, 2016
Mindfulness:

Many of them are more desirable than some girls in their

O jes o! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Help My Elder Sister Is About To Marry A Man That Bad Mouths Her In Her Absence. by Nobody: 12:38am On Feb 06, 2016
KanwuliaExtra:

O jes o! cheesy

Keep it up! It is good to see happy people. cheesy
Re: Help My Elder Sister Is About To Marry A Man That Bad Mouths Her In Her Absence. by cococandy(f): 12:40am On Feb 06, 2016
poshestmina:

You are one of the reasons I come to Family section
God bless you sir/ma
Aww.Bless you too smiley
Re: Help My Elder Sister Is About To Marry A Man That Bad Mouths Her In Her Absence. by cococandy(f): 12:53am On Feb 06, 2016
mikolo80:
Mtscheeew see chop toe knuckle. Kai why I no fit meet girl wen get sense like dis for goodness sake ehn. why e be say na all dis agalacha dem full ground
Look well. You're not looking well.

Maybe Brazilian hair and fake lashes are still confusing you grin

#Kidding
Re: Help My Elder Sister Is About To Marry A Man That Bad Mouths Her In Her Absence. by KanwuliaExtra: 12:59am On Feb 06, 2016
Mindfulness:

Keep it up! It is good to see happy people. cheesy

Thank you jare!
Since I stepped into NL, I have NEVER had a miserable existence on or offline. Even when I have encountered the most WRETCHED beings online. . . I am always a happy soul.

The secret? A happy upbringing with love and abundant joy!!! The MOST LOVING FATHER and MOTHER. And growing with the MOST FANTASTIC siblings! cool

I can NEVER be tarnished by the CURSED lives of others. . . . On or offline.

For who JAH bless, no one shall curse.

My father always told me. . . . Psalm 91 is my destiny. It will always HOLD TRUE!

"A thousand shalt fall. . . And ten thousand . . . . BUT!" cool

It has always been so, on and offline.

It is well with you. kiss

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Elder Brother Doesn't Send Me Money Except I Lie / 12 Types Of Guests We All Get Tired Of In Our Homes / Woman Unknowingly Married Her Father

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.