Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,765 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:56 PM

Help My Elder Sister Is About To Marry A Man That Bad Mouths Her In Her Absence. - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help My Elder Sister Is About To Marry A Man That Bad Mouths Her In Her Absence. (28704 Views)

My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do / Guy Shares Photos Of His Mother Who Looks More Like His Elder Sister / My Elder Brother's Wife Beat My Mum (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help My Elder Sister Is About To Marry A Man That Bad Mouths Her In Her Absence. by Nobody: 1:09am On Feb 06, 2016
KanwuliaExtra:

Thank you jare!
Since I stepped into NL, I have NEVER had a miserable existence on or offline. Even when I have encountered the most WRETCHED beings online. . . I am always a happy soul.

The secret? A happy upbringing with love and abundant joy!!! The MOST LOVING FATHER and MOTHER. And growing with the MOST FANTASTIC siblings! cool

I can NEVER be tarnished by the CURSED lives of others. . . . On or offline.

For who JAH bless, no one shall curse.

My father always told me. . . . Psalm 91 is my destiny. It will always HOLD TRUE!

"A thousand shalt fall. . . And ten thousand . . . . BUT!" cool

It has always been so, on and offline.

It is well with you. kiss

ALL IS WELL WITH US. kiss kiss smiley
Re: Help My Elder Sister Is About To Marry A Man That Bad Mouths Her In Her Absence. by KanwuliaExtra: 1:28am On Feb 06, 2016
Mindfulness:

ALL IS WELL WITH US. kiss kiss smiley

Amen!!!! smiley
Re: Help My Elder Sister Is About To Marry A Man That Bad Mouths Her In Her Absence. by 100Cents: 1:31am On Feb 06, 2016
OEmiohe:
My Elder Sister has been engaged to this man for about 5 years now and then people have been complaining about their long term relationship. Even my mum at some point embrassrased the him when he comes looking for my sister, he promised her marriage but has not done anything about it since then.

when I asked my sister she said he is saving and planning towards their marriage but this same man has been living with his friend in a room since I knew him even though he has been working since I knew.
At some point becos of age (32) was no longer at my elder sisters side , my mum decided to give them one of her flats to leave in her 2 storey building house. my elder sister and my mum ultimately financed the wedding preparation even to the point of buying his own cloths for his own wedding and while her fiance's brother supported him with 250k for the wedding since he just lost his job last December.

Now what baffles me is that my sister appears to be the man while he is the woman in their relationship since I knew then, although I have always adviced my sister to be submissive to him and stop shouting and controlling her fiance. I noticed so many faults in him like not standing up to my sister to prove to her his the man in their relationship which is clear to everyone.

Now just three days to their traditional marriage I was discussing with him and he was bad mouthing my elder sister to me and he later told me "not to tell my elder sister ooo". I pretended to take what he was saying as a joke but deep in my heart, I feel my elder sister is about to marry a man she barely even knows.

pls whats your I opinion about this?

Do u have another husband for her ?

The next man, won't he be human too ?
Re: Help My Elder Sister Is About To Marry A Man That Bad Mouths Her In Her Absence. by yemi15(m): 1:48am On Feb 06, 2016
OEmiohe:
My Elder Sister has been engaged to this man for about 5 years now and then people have been complaining about their long term relationship. Even my mum at some point embrassrased the him when he comes looking for my sister, he promised her marriage but has not done anything about it since then.

when I asked my sister she said he is saving and planning towards their marriage but this same man has been living with his friend in a room since I knew him even though he has been working since I knew.
At some point becos of age (32) was no longer at my elder sisters side , my mum decided to give them one of her flats to leave in her 2 storey building house. my elder sister and my mum ultimately financed the wedding preparation even to the point of buying his own cloths for his own wedding and while her fiance's brother supported him with 250k for the wedding since he just lost his job last December.

Now what baffles me is that my sister appears to be the man while he is the woman in their relationship since I knew then, although I have always adviced my sister to be submissive to him and stop shouting and controlling her fiance. I noticed so many faults in him like not standing up to my sister to prove to her his the man in their relationship which is clear to everyone.

Now just three days to their traditional marriage I was discussing with him and he was bad mouthing my elder sister to me and he later told me "not to tell my elder sister ooo". I pretended to take what he was saying as a joke but deep in my heart, I feel my elder sister is about to marry a man she barely even knows.

Your elder sister is addicted to bad boys lol

For help with Canadian study visa, visiting visa, tourist visa or permanent residence application for a token fee and with excellent customer service, call 0810 276 3459
Re: Help My Elder Sister Is About To Marry A Man That Bad Mouths Her In Her Absence. by Nobody: 2:39am On Feb 06, 2016
Compensation wedding indeed cheesy

And so what if your sister is 32, that dude got no job and all your sister could think of is planning wedding . They are getting into something that is undefined because the future is not secured. People are so obsessed about what the society says about wedding ...Your sister and mom desperately wants a wedding but the young man mind is occupied . How much does it cost for a court wedding?

People don't think , it's so unfortunate.

1 Like

Re: Help My Elder Sister Is About To Marry A Man That Bad Mouths Her In Her Absence. by mikolo80: 4:05am On Feb 06, 2016
cococandy:

Look well. You're not looking well.

Maybe Brazilian hair and fake lashes are still confusing you grin

#Kidding
nope not my thing. legs hips ass maybe but not make up and fake add-ons
Re: Help My Elder Sister Is About To Marry A Man That Bad Mouths Her In Her Absence. by akankemi1(f): 4:36am On Feb 06, 2016
Fanirandele:
Don't mind those saying mind your business, all the signs are there that she's about to make a big mistake. When the problems start in the marriage you can be sure it will become a problem for your whole family. Your Mum and you will be the ones to deal with the fallout at the end of the day. in Most marriages that end up in divorce those close could already see the signs but no one talks till it's too late. This is the type of marriage where they will grow resentful of each other and domestic abus may even start.

Tell your sister what you've noticed and then it's up her if she decides to still go ahead , at least your conscience will be clear. Plus even if she goes ahead at least now she'll be more aware of certain issues and she can have a talk with him and they can try and fix those things. If God forbids I was about to make what could be the biggest mistake in my life I would appreciate my siblings telling me the truth.
pls don't mind ur business as the other people are telling you to. she is your sister and you should care. I will very much appreciate my brother telling me. tell her ,and let her make her decision. atleast you know you have done your part. if you do not like her choice of husband , let her know. state your reasons. its left for her to make the final decisions and she isn't too old. marriage is not even the ultimatum. don't understand why women think it is.

3 Likes

Re: Help My Elder Sister Is About To Marry A Man That Bad Mouths Her In Her Absence. by akpur1(m): 4:49am On Feb 06, 2016
OEmiohe:
My Elder Sister has been engaged to this man for about 5 years now and t since then.

He's an Igbo Man? Then tell your sister to quit. Na so them be later them go reach village marry their sister
Re: Help My Elder Sister Is About To Marry A Man That Bad Mouths Her In Her Absence. by Lincolnburrows(m): 5:45am On Feb 06, 2016
kingofchess:
after all this years of relationship and u said ur sister is about to marry sum1 she don't know. just leave them alone.
King of chess- if you are in ph, let's hook up for a game of chess over a bottle of champagne
Re: Help My Elder Sister Is About To Marry A Man That Bad Mouths Her In Her Absence. by drnoel: 6:00am On Feb 06, 2016
OEmiohe:

amebo! is worrying you shey? Best u mind ya Business cos what u want to do does not concern u
Re: Help My Elder Sister Is About To Marry A Man That Bad Mouths Her In Her Absence. by davidif: 6:18am On Feb 06, 2016
OEmiohe:

Wow! What a story! shocked shocked shocked
Re: Help My Elder Sister Is About To Marry A Man That Bad Mouths Her In Her Absence. by linearity: 6:22am On Feb 06, 2016
'Show me your friends and I will tell you who you are' goes the popular adage, plus it's twin that goes...'Birds of the same feathers flunk together'.

My point? If your sister has been with this guy for 5 years to the extend of forcing marriage on him, when he is obviously not ready says a lot about your sister.

Plus, you have layed out a lot negatives about this guy, you need not say anything about your sister as anyone can write a book about her characters.

Sometimes people don't learn from other people's mistakes, despite the best efforts and warnings of caring friends and families; experience is still the best teacher, even if those experiences are painful, bitter or irreversible.

You might not want to hear this, but the truth is; they truly deserve each other, mind your own business and leave them alone.
Re: Help My Elder Sister Is About To Marry A Man That Bad Mouths Her In Her Absence. by Obi1kenobi(m): 7:22am On Feb 06, 2016
I don't understand the clowns that keep saying "mind your business". Are you guys like brain-dead or something? Who in their right minds would allow their sibling make a tragic error that could plague them for life without speaking their minds? You must hate your own siblings.

5 Likes

Re: Help My Elder Sister Is About To Marry A Man That Bad Mouths Her In Her Absence. by baywatch84(m): 8:42am On Feb 06, 2016
PresVA:
It appears? Nna, your sister is the man.. she's financing her own wedding. . It's her family providing the housing. . She's the one planning the whole wedding herself. .. She's just desperate to have the wedding. . Hope she's willing to continue like this after marriage?

It's obvious the man isn't interested in the marriage to the extent of not caring to buy his wedding clothes. .. Ur sis and mum are just pushing him..

Also, how do they deal with financial expenses after marriage. .you said the man lost his job? Or they expect your mum and the husband's bro to continue taking care of them?

When he was talking ill of your sis, what did you tell him?

Anyway, nothing we say here can stop the wedding. .So I really wish them the best...
so what's wrong in that? So man should do everything for a woman even if the woman is capable of doing this things, the mentality of Africans is the reason why you people will remain single or marry a wrong man because you always look for a ready made things in a man, because he can't afford marriage now doesn't mean he won't be successful tomorrow, think about that

1 Like

Re: Help My Elder Sister Is About To Marry A Man That Bad Mouths Her In Her Absence. by baywatch84(m): 8:48am On Feb 06, 2016
Obi1kenobi:
I don't understand the clowns that keep saying "mind your business". Are you guys like brain-dead or something? Who in their right minds would allow their sibling make a tragic error that could plague them for life without speaking their minds? You must hate your own siblings.
did you even know what it means to love somebody, it means you will not mind the outcome of what's coming, bad mouth, quarrels, argument even fight are the ingredients of a good relationship, si vis percem parabellum
Re: Help My Elder Sister Is About To Marry A Man That Bad Mouths Her In Her Absence. by baywatch84(m): 8:52am On Feb 06, 2016
OEmiohe:

very soon you will understand, when it's your turn, your family might have money and the person you want so bad, her family will see your shortcomings it's not always about the money, it's about who you love this is not about the age or the money but the happiness they share, very soon you will understand
Re: Help My Elder Sister Is About To Marry A Man That Bad Mouths Her In Her Absence. by baywatch84(m): 8:55am On Feb 06, 2016
cooljist:
Meek Mill sentenced to 3 months house arrest plus 6 years of probation
http://cooljist..com.ng/2016/02/meek-mill-sentenced-to-3-months-house.html
did somebody pay for his wedding to, only God knows how you people think, what's the correlation between the topic of discussion, and you interesting contribution, you deserve serious flogging
Re: Help My Elder Sister Is About To Marry A Man That Bad Mouths Her In Her Absence. by LordReed(m): 9:05am On Feb 06, 2016
@OEmiohe

In my opinion it is best to sit down with your sister and discuss some of these issues with her without revealing specific information. This is something you should have done before their wedding was fixed, it is however not too late but may not have the kind of impact it would have had earlier.

If you do summon the courage to discuss with her remind her that you are ready to support all her decisions in the matter but you need to express your own doubts. Don't make it like you oppose her choice rather you want to know if she has properly weighed her options.

2 Likes

Re: Help My Elder Sister Is About To Marry A Man That Bad Mouths Her In Her Absence. by edwife(f): 9:31am On Feb 06, 2016
ephi123:

Of all sources to quote, DAILY MAIL!! That's like quoting Sun newspaper cheesy

In any case, can folks please focus on OP's dilemma with his sister...

Ermmm that's not only daily mail, the other one is New York Times.

The newspaper side of daily mail is a good read with a natural stance when it come to politics,it 's their website that is loosing credibility by the day,only because people are rude and opinionated.

I quoted it because everyday people write there and when discussing these kind of subject,it's better to have street opinions . So yes daily mail or any other news paper will do for me.

1 Like

Re: Help My Elder Sister Is About To Marry A Man That Bad Mouths Her In Her Absence. by ogawisdom(m): 9:48am On Feb 06, 2016
OEmiohe:

If ur sister is nt complaining then shut up n mind ur own biz, five years of rship is nt 5months
Re: Help My Elder Sister Is About To Marry A Man That Bad Mouths Her In Her Absence. by Henrique4real(f): 10:14am On Feb 06, 2016
Can u imagine? Nigerians would never learn. Why not a quite wedding since they don't have money. Why dint d fiance brother help in securing an accomodation instead of giving them money to go and waste providing foods and drinks for pple who won't even wish them well? I smell a shameless bride to be and a useless and irresponsible husband. Nobody is thinking straight here. Msheew! Marriage sha!

House available for sale at Goodhomes Estate, Isheri/Igando for affordable price. Check my signature for more locations n info.

1 Like

Re: Help My Elder Sister Is About To Marry A Man That Bad Mouths Her In Her Absence. by malachytochukwu(m): 10:19am On Feb 06, 2016
Quit this your argument please, we all know what is obtainable here.
Mindfulness:

Bla bla bla .... Same old talk!

You are not talking to a little inexperienced girl here. I am a woman in my 30s and whatever was said to me about how my life would be when I turn 30+ was CRAP. And what they told me was what you are trying to sell here. wink

Re: Help My Elder Sister Is About To Marry A Man That Bad Mouths Her In Her Absence. by PresVA: 10:39am On Feb 06, 2016
baywatch84:
so what's wrong in that? So man should do everything for a woman even if the woman is capable of doing this things, the mentality of Africans is the reason why you people will remain single or marry a wrong man because you always look for a ready made things in a man, because he can't afford marriage now doesn't mean he won't be successful tomorrow, think about that
Tell that to your sisters sir... I can't marry a jobless man! I'm not asking him to be rich, he should have something doing!
Just as a woman getting married is expected to be good at home keeping. ..

Imagine, the lady is sponsoring her own wedding. .
Again, go advice your sisters, not me...
Re: Help My Elder Sister Is About To Marry A Man That Bad Mouths Her In Her Absence. by Meritocracy: 11:16am On Feb 06, 2016
The case is simple and you can help yourself, when they ask for the objection to the marriage raise up your hand and tell public your reasons or carry agbero to the venue
Re: Help My Elder Sister Is About To Marry A Man That Bad Mouths Her In Her Absence. by Duru009(m): 1:21pm On Feb 06, 2016
Juts cannt undersand y ladies are soo despartae des days.......
Re: Help My Elder Sister Is About To Marry A Man That Bad Mouths Her In Her Absence. by Duru009(m): 1:21pm On Feb 06, 2016
Juts cannt undersand y ladies are soo despartae des days.
Re: Help My Elder Sister Is About To Marry A Man That Bad Mouths Her In Her Absence. by kingofchess(m): 4:59pm On Feb 06, 2016
Lincolnburrows:

King of chess- if you are in ph, let's hook up for a game of chess over a bottle of champagne
hahahahaha...funny u. I don't base in PH.can u play chess well?
Re: Help My Elder Sister Is About To Marry A Man That Bad Mouths Her In Her Absence. by Dynamite02: 11:24pm On Feb 06, 2016
Duru009:
Juts cannt undersand y ladies are soo despartae des days.......

Because society will never stop pressurising them , they castigate and ask and ask as if their own existence depends on it.... when will
you have a bf/gf? .........
when will you engage him/her?..... .....when will the both of you get
married?..... when will you start having kids?....God bless you with one the next thing you'll hear is "Born follow this pikkin naaaa!!!!!"

2 Likes

Re: Help My Elder Sister Is About To Marry A Man That Bad Mouths Her In Her Absence. by Fanirandele: 12:03am On Feb 07, 2016
Dynamite02:

Because society will never stop pressurising them , they castigate and ask and ask as if their own existence depends on it.... when will
you have a bf/gf? .........
when will you engage him/her?..... .....when will the both of you get
married?..... when will you start having kids?....God bless you with one the next thing you'll hear is "Born follow this pikkin naaaa!!!!!"

Exatcly and then when the problems start the same society will pressure her to stay in it,you'll be hearing; every man has his own vices, you just have to manage, what did you say to make him slap you, at least its one child he has outside, every man cheats, its a woman that sustain the home, if you divorce people will call you a prostitute...blah blah blah

2 Likes

Re: Help My Elder Sister Is About To Marry A Man That Bad Mouths Her In Her Absence. by KanwuliaExtra: 12:45am On Feb 07, 2016
Engaged for 5 years and still strangers? grin
OP! Give your sister credit!
The DEVIL she knows. . . . . She can FIX in marriage.
Better than starting all over!
The next one will be WORSE!!!! kiss

Let her CARRY her cross to CALVARY and NAIL HIM ON IT. kiss
At least he is smart enough to do it BEHIND HER BACK!!! grin
Na so all of dem be abegggggi.
Just choose one and HAVE YOUR CHILDREN with one SPERM-DONOR.
Shikena!!!!! kiss
Re: Help My Elder Sister Is About To Marry A Man That Bad Mouths Her In Her Absence. by SenatorJames(m): 7:58pm On Feb 18, 2016
Leave them alone, just be praying for them. You have very little thing you can do about your sister's relationship.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Help!!! My Environment Is Draining Me Psychologically. / Fun- Bonding Activities For Couples / Help! This Boy Is Missing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.